Frontier Airlines

Customer rating from 1943 reviews

"never had to pay for a Carry on"

Not Verified | Miami to Memphis. I have never had to pay for a Carry on. Fly Frontier you will. I’ve always been offered some type of beverage or snack. Fly Frontier you pay for $2.00 for water no snack. The seats were uncomfortable, no recline. No WiFi, No way charge your devices no inflight entertainment. The attendant were using most of the over head storage to store the own luggage. The pilot doesn’t keep you informed on anything, and the hidden fees. This was definitely a never again for me!
RouteMiami to Memphis

"definitely don’t recommend"

Not Verified | I flew to Atlanta from Buffalo the flight was fine until we landed there was a fight at the front of the plane it got cleared up quick (but still what type of airline is this) but coming back I missed my flight. I got held up at TSA over my laptop. Then i missed the flight granted I was running late, now they offer me another flight same time 7:21am next day with a six hour layover in Orlando. So I didn’t take the flight I booked with Southwest for a flight that left Atlanta Airport @9:45 with a layover In Baltimore getting me back home to Buffalo a hour before my original flight. I called Frontier asking them maybe is it a way they can accommodate the situation being as though they wanted me to sit in a Airport for 24hrs and basically they offered all they could I choose not to take the flight. I will never fly with them again and definitely don’t recommend.
RouteBuffalo to Atlanta
Date FlownMarch 2021

"I would never use this flight again"

Trip Verified | The bags cost $55 each and my carry on was $60. That is ridiculous. I would never use this flight again. I ordered my ticket through justfly.com,. I flew Rsw on American Airlines my bags was $30 each and free carry on. They had me fly back on frontier and it was disappointing and very unexpected and the girls were very rude about the situation about the bags
RouteFort Myers to Philadelphia
Date FlownMarch 2021

"The plane was dirty and staff didn’t hand out any sanitary napkins"

Trip Verified | 12 empty seats available and they choose not to spread anyone out due to Covid. Staff are very rude. The plane was hot and they expect everyone to sit on top of each other. Staff doesn’t accommodate anyone for anything. My friend had chewed up gum on his seat and he asked staff for something to wipe it off, they refused to give him anything! The plane was dirty and staff didn’t hand out any sanitary napkins. Plane was supposed to be locked and ready for take off at 8:10pm, instead the plane didn’t leave until 9pm. This airline is the worst that I ever experienced. I don’t even want to give them 1 star.
RouteAtlanta to Philadelphia
Date FlownMarch 2021

"couldn’t be bothered to care"

Trip Verified | I bought a round trip with Frontier because it was very cheap and a quick flight (under 3 hrs). My first flight (March 12) went fine, although checking in online was a pain because their website insists you purchase more things. Getting home from Denver has been a disaster because of Frontier. They canceled my flights two days in a row and charged me more money each time to get a new one. Today (Tuesday March 16) I was supposed to fly out at 6 am but got texts and emails saying the flight was delayed until 7:30, then 7:55. So I wait at the gate and miss the flight because they boarded at 6:30 and left. Their customer service reps were very rude from the start and couldn’t be bothered to care. They charged me more money for another ticket two days from now. Do not buy tickets with frontier, they will leave you stranded in another state for a week.
RoutePortland to Denver
Date FlownMarch 2021

"the cheap price is so not worth it!"

Not Verified | Never ever again! First plane was broken and cost us an hour before being moved to another plane which cost us another hour. Got to Milwaukee and could not get to our gate, cost us another hour! Not a drop of water offered to anyone. Do not use this airline, the cheap price is so not worth it!
RouteDenver to Milwaukee
Date FlownMarch 2021

"like I was being transported in a cattle car"

Trip Verified | Flying Frontier Airlines was like taking a taxi ride in NYC in an old car. The 3+ hour had no Internet, no video screen entertainment, no food and no drinks (with the exception of a bottle of water that could be purchased. I felt like I was being transported in a cattle car. The stewardess/stewards walked up and down aisles making sure passengers mask were correctly on. They gave a passenger a penalty card because his mask dropped below his nose. Pricewise they are cheap, but you get what you pay for. I upgraded my seat and paid $100 more, but got the same seating and treatment as every other passenger. The only reason I would ever fly Frontier again would be out of desperation.
RouteNewark to Miami
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"some luggage fees you have to pay"

Trip Verified | My experience with them is that on the moment that I went to check in on the airport they charge me again for the flight (I paid twice for the same flight) even I showed them my confirmation number and them I call to their customer service department and they will tell me there are some luggage fees you have to pay ($50 dollars) even I did not had any luggage. Don't let them rob you, if you see this message go buy your tickets on another flight company.
RouteOrlando to Providence
Date FlownMarch 2021

"This airline is absolutely horrible"

Trip Verified | This airline is absolutely horrible. This was my first and final time I will ever travel with them. It all starts with how the flight attendant makes you feel. Their was an older lady who was our flight attendant and she was awful. Her attitude was horrible! Don’t have this job if you dislike it so much. Our flight wasn’t packed at all but yet they sat us like sardines. I will never in my life fly with them again nor will I ever recommend them to anyone.
RouteOakland to Las Vegas
Date FlownFebruary 2021

"sit inches from each other after we board"

Not Verified | The lady at the check in gate threatened to close the door to board the air plane if people didn't stand 6 ft apart. Only to have us sit inches from each other after we board. On the way back my son was told to turn his mask inside out because it was offensive to the flight attendant. The pilot got us there safely, the only plus to the whole flight.
RoutePortland to Las vegas