Frontier Airlines

"Worst experience under this airline"

Trip Verified | Worst experience under this airline and I refuse to ever fly with Frontier again. Showed up to airport within 2 hours of our flight departure time. Sat in line for an hour while they had one staff trying to check in 5 plus passengers and redirect those who had missed their flights. We ended up missing our flight because of lack of employees helping to push passengers through the check in process. 12 hours later and after several attempts to make other flights, we are finally taking the red eye home and will be home at 5:30 am. Long day and all due to a lack of organization and responsibility to your passengers trying to make it through the check in process. Never again! I’ll spend the extra $100 to go with an airline who has more employees to help!
RouteLas Vegas to Dallas Ft Worth
Date FlownMarch 2024

"no one at the check in desk"

Trip Verified | Never again will I fly on this amateur unprofessional airline. I tried to check in one hour before my flight and there was no one at the check in desk. They all decided to leave at the same time to go to the gate. I missed my flight and the next one wasn’t for 2 day so I booked with United.
RouteWashington to Denver
Date FlownMarch 2024

"This airline is the worst"

Trip Verified | This airline is the worst. They nit pick every penny they can. Seats are worn out and like sitting on a piece of wood. They charge for everything. $65 for a small carry on bag, You pay for a glass of soda or pretzels. The seats do not recline. If you want to sit next to your wife or child. you Pay! Our set of seats had no windows. They a stuck us in the last row. No room if you are taller than 6ft you don't fit. No WI Fi.. no movie. No entertainment. We were late departing and arriving. This is not uncommon.
RoutePhoenix to Cancun via Denver
Date FlownMarch 2024

“my travel plans were ruined”

Trip Verified | Zero stars. My flight was canceled at the last minute. This is when I discovered Frontier Airlines has no humans manning customer service. Only a bot chat on their website! It was a circular waste of 45 minutes. Through accident only, trial and error on their awful website, I rebooked another, not ideal flight. After waking up at 3am to get dressed and out of the house (husband was up and at it, too, to drive me to the airport), I got a Frontier text. My new flight was delayed 5 hours! Finally, at the airport 5 hours later, after sitting at the gate for an hour and a half, the gate agent reported another 2 hour delay! So here we all are, the whole lot of passengers, sitting for hours at this gate, all of us inconvenienced and sharing our stories with each other about just how bad Frontier has been since buying our tickets. Some of us, like me, were using Frontier for the first time. Spoiler alert: If you think you were going to fly for less than the cost at Delta, think again. Your roundtrip ticket that you bought initially for more than advertised? Seat not included. So Frontier must expect us to hold onto the wings and hang on tight! Also, unlike other airlines, they charge $70 extra for a carry on. You expect to pay for a checked bag, but a carry on? You're doing them a favor by packing lightly, and they charge you for that. My travel plans were ruined and I paid 6 times the price advertised when it was all over. If you want a reliable, easy flight, with very little hassle and no hidden charges... fly Delta! Because the Frontier leadership team is not only unavailable for comment, they are banking your money and probably laughing on a yacht somewhere in the Caribbean sipping champagne.
RouteSalt Lake City to Denver
Date FlownMarch 2024

"varying degrees of horrible"

Trip Verified | I’ve flown on frontier 6 times. Every single experience has been varying degrees of horrible. Every staff I’ve encountered varies from neutral to incredibly rude. More often incredibly rude. No one at that organization has a speck of care or concern for their rudeness or the horrifying inconvenience they cause to people’s lives. I do everything I can to not fly with frontier, or if I half to, I make sure to lower my expectations to zero.
RouteAtlanta to Tampa
Date FlownMarch 2024

“fly with a reliable airline please”

Trip Verified | I implore people not to fly this airline and even if a few more bucks to fly with a reliable airline please do so. You will regret all of their nickel and dime policies and heaven forbid you need to cancel or reschedule - it’s basically a lost ticket. Unlike other reputable airlines they charge you carrier fees each way of 100 dollars plus a cancellation fee. Ultimately your ticket value is useless and you still have to use it within 90 days. I will never fly this airline again as long as I live no matter what price they initially try to entice me with.
RouteOntario to Orlando via Denver
Date FlownMarch 2024

"getting yelled at by customers"

Trip Verified | Frontier changes our flight time 3 times within 4 hours, and we missed our flight and lost a day of vacation. Our flight was originally supposed to leave at 1:10pm. A few days before the flight I received an email that it changes to 1pm. Then at 9 am on the morning of the flight they changed it to 2:20pm because of a late arriving aircraft. Then at 11am I received a notification that the flight was again moved out to 3:04pm. So we arrived at the airport at 12:15pm and had to stand in line for 1.5 hours for an agent to assist us because we were flying internationally. When we finally made it to an agent at 2 o'clock, we received another notification that the flight was moved back up to 2:24pm, and now it was too late to check in. Luckily we were able to get the last 4 tickets on the same flight the next day. And Frontier doesn't treat their employees any better. The poor lady at the counter was getting yelled at by customers because there were only two people at the counter and a line 2 hours long, but there was nothing she could do. She said she didn't even have a food or restroom break since she got in early in the morning, and it was almost time for her to go home. She had been at the counter with no lunch or restroom break all day because there was no one else to help the customers, and there was a really long line.
RouteDenver to Cancun
Date FlownMarch 2024

"didn’t want a travel credit"

Not Verified | I planned a little vacation with my daughter and son from March 10 to March 15 Our flight from Salt Lake City to Tampa. Our flight from Salt Lake City to Denver was okay. We arrived at the Denver airport at 8:30 in the morning. Then, I got an email saying our flight from Denver to Tampa was canceled. I tried the Frontier app and customer service, and talking to a human being was impossible. We asked a lady at Frontier’s gate, and she was insulting. She told us to reach gate A38 because we needed to talk to their customer service. Did we go to gate A38 and WTF? There was a huge line there. I thought it was just our flight, but Frontier canceled multiple flights, and many people were trying to fly home or somewhere else. It was my turn after 1 hour and 55 minutes in the line. The attendant was rude and told us the next Frontier Flight would be Tuesday, March 12? I had my hotel and my rental car booked for March 10. We were supposed to arrive in Tampa at 6:49 pm. So, I booked the rental car pickup for 7:30 pm to drive to the hotel. Check-in at the hotel can be anytime from 3 pm. She asked me if I wanted to fly on Tuesday or get a refund. I preferred the refund. She gave me a card with a QR code that I should scan and fill out the form for a refund. I had to buy 3 tickets last minute to get to Tampa. The only flight I could get was with United Airlines, departing at 11:59 pm from Denver and arriving in Tampa at 4:30 am on March 11. Well, it was our only option. For the 3 tickets, I paid $1,479.30, which is $493.10 per person. After I bought the flight, I had to call the hotel and the rental car, explaining that our flight was canceled. of course, they didn’t understand because you have to cancel the reservation at least 24 hours before. I told them I would arrive on the next day and I had to pay one day for the hotel and rental car without using them. After the flight with United Airlines was booked and I could communicate with the hotel and rental car, I tried to reach Frontier’s Customer Service, impossible. There’s not a phone number, not an email. . After much research on Google, I could chat with someone on WhatsApp. So stressful. I decided to forget about it, enjoy my vacation and get my refund at the end of it. I received emails from Frontier. The first one with a $30 voucher “to grab a bite.” $30 bucks for 3 adults to eat at an international airport? Are you kidding me? The other 3 emails were to say sorry about the flight cancellation and give each of us a $100 travel credit. I didn’t want a travel credit after this experience, and Frontier didn’t give me an option. The company decided for me. I wanted my money back, not a travel credit. I decided to cancel my flight back home on the 15 and was charged a cancellation fee for canceling my flight. Frontier cancels on me at the last minute, and is that okay? I need to cancel a flight 4 days before it and pay a cancellation fee. Will Frontier pay me a cancellation fee for canceling the flight at the last minute?
Route\Salt Lake City to Tampa via Denver

"Shame on you Frontier"

Trip Verified | My wife and I booked a flight to Little Rock for my best friend’s funeral. We were extremely early. Checked in our bag and waited by the gate for hours. The flight was delayed multiple times which is understandable as things happen. They then switched the gate multiple times and in the miscommunication if there was any communication at all, we missed our flight. Even the information desk and boards could not keep up with the correct information. My wife and I left the airport and have now rented a car to drive 15 plus hours to make it to the funeral tomorrow. Our luggage is in Little Rock and I am told that I can not receive that luggage until after 4pm. The funeral is at 11 am. So we must now either go buy new clothes to look presentable or show up in sweats. You know comfy flying wear. I am appalled by their tactics. No Customer Service to talk to, only through a dang app! They did say that they will refund the flight out but will not refund the flight back. I think it’s the least they could do is comp the flight back as well as we are now out another $800.00 for the rental, gas, sleepless night and now clothes, so I can say goodbye to my best friend. I am not asking a lot of them. Admit you were wrong and make it right! Shame on you Frontier. Do. Better.
RouteDenver to Little Rock

“everyone was furious”

Not Verified | This has got to be the worst airline in the world. They were originally cheaper than the others but after you calculate $149 one way per checked bag, $32 for three drinks and one snack, 5 delayed flights including one where we had to go from one side of ATL airport to the other and the absolute rude and callused disregard towards the passengers I will absolutely NEVER fly with these clowns again!! The icing on the cake was, on our return flight, since they "overbooked the flight", if your bag weighed more than 40 pounds, regardless of whether you'd already paid their "overweight" fee online, you would still have to pay an additional $180 or you could choose to ship it via UPS or FEDEX. Nearly every single person in line waiting to drop their bags were faced with the same issue and everyone was furious!
RouteAtlanta to Orlando