Frontier Airlines

"isn't worth whatever small savings you get"

Trip Verified | Las Vegas to San Jose. Horrible airline. Extra charges for bags to include carry on. First the flight was delayed, then a gate change, then the gate changes yet again. Compile this with short tempered employees that provided a horrible customer service experience. First and last time on this airline for me. I don't care what the extra expense is. Frontier just isn't worth whatever small savings you get.
RouteLas Vegas to San Jose
Date FlownNovember 2019

"delayed for nearly 4 hours"

Trip Verified | Las Vegas to Miami. We were delayed for a mechanical issue for nearly 4 hours. Attendants would not provide updates. We missed our cruise out of Miami. They offered only $50 voucher for our delay. Will never fly Frontier again. There are many options available, and even though they may cost more, I will take those options.
RouteLas Vegas to Miami
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Pilot and staff were kind"

(American Samoa)

Trip Verified | Newark to Puerto Rico. Seat has just enough space but doesn’t recline. Pilot and staff were kind. Extra fees and got to pay for all food. Great for the cheap prices they provide.
RouteNewark to Puerto Rico
Date FlownNovember 2019

"the most horrible experience"

Not Verified | Initially when I booked for this flight, I completed a survey where I commented that I hoped this airline fulfills its obligations. I made that statement based on a previous experience with this airline. This time its even worse. The flight that was going to Florida from California was delayed, and there was no notification so as to make proper arrangements. The staff at the check-in were not helpful either. In fact, they acted as if the delay was my fault. After an hour delay I was told, there was an additional one hour delay, so by the time getting to Florida, the flight to Atlanta had already departed, The staff said there would be no other available flight until 4 days later. I was forced to book another flight with another airline, which costs me way more because of the urgency. The staff said there was nothing they could do about the delay other than to refund. It was the most horrible experience I have ever had with any airlines. Comparing the pain I endured to the cheapness of the ticket, the value of the money is 1/10. I will never recommend nor fly Frontier airlines again.
RouteCalifornia to Atlanta

"Not worth it"

Not Verified | Flew Frontier Airlines from Albany to Denver. Horrible. No customer service. Seat and tray were like lawn furniture. Crew was the most cavalier, smug and rude I have ever experienced. Not worth it. This business plan will fail and I can't imagine this airline will be around long.
RouteAlbany to Denver

"Horrible, inconsistent"

Trip Verified | Denver to Providence. Horrible, inconsistent, condescending gate staff that act like robots. My bag fit under the seat on the flight out, but was 2" too big for their measuring device. No exceptions no matter your loyalty. If you're disgruntled, the captain will also join in the 'however I can throw my weight around and not accommodate our customers' party they seem to thrive on. Never again will I endure this joke of a so-called airline. Southwest here I come!
RouteDenver to Providence

"Absolute worst experience"

Not Verified | Cancun to Chicago. Absolute worst experience! Our flight was delayed several times with little explanation then canceled altogether at the last minute.They had our entire plane waiting 8 hours to find out they canceled the flight. They also informed us that we would have a new departure time for today (11/12/19) at 12pm. Now they have delayed departure once more. We aren’t sure. The sheer lack of transparency and information by the Frontier staff is absolutely unacceptable and unprofessional. They will claim they did all they could do, however, this is not true. Out of respect for their paying customers, they should have made decisions much earlier in the day allowing their passengers to find local hotel accommodations versus sleeping nearly the entire flight on the Mexican airport floors. This is truly the worst experience I’ve ever had with an airline. Not because the flight was determined canceled but for the lack of respect for their paying customers.
RouteCancun to Chicago
Date FlownNovember 2019

"3 hours late and still waiting"

Trip Verified | Nashville to Denver. Our flight was scheduled for departure 5:00 AM the crew was late, the pilots were late, then we need some oil in the engines, then the person that added the oil was authorized to add the oil, so we have find someone who is authorized to make sure the oil was added correctly. 3 hours late and we’re still waiting. Wish us luck not sure when we might get to Denver.
RouteNashville to Denver
Date FlownNovember 2019

"not fly Frontier ever again"

Not Verified | Fort Myers to Cleveland. $55 for a carry on. Apparently this was “up to 50% more than I would have paid had I used the app. The clerk told me this as he swiped my card. Good to know I could have stepped away and saved 30 bucks - rip off. No included snacks or beverages. Old, cheap plane. Will not fly Frontier ever again.
RouteFort Myers to Cleveland
Date FlownNovember 2019

"did not like fee for carry on "

Not Verified | Las Vegas to Orlando. Our flight to orlando was on time, the tickets are cheap but did not like the fee for carry on baggage. We were staying in Orlando for 1 week so we don t have a choice but to purchase a check in baggage and a carry on. No free snack in the plane, seats are very uncomfortable. No entertainment at all. The flight attendant in the plane is a little bit rude.
RouteLas Vegas to Orlando