Frontier Airlines

"paid to take my guitar by plane"

Not Verified | I have been traveling with my guitar to different places in the world for 3 years and I have never paid to take my guitar by plane. It happens that today, August 20, I had to pay 60 dollars that I did not have on my card because I had to I call my wife so that she transferred the money to my card.
RouteTrenton to North Carolina
Date FlownJuly 2019

"never fly Frontier again"

Not Verified | Charlotte to Las Vegas. This is my first time flying frontier. We got an email saying our flight times had changed going and returning with no explanation. Then when we arrive at the gate, we were informed that our flight was delayed 3 hrs, which caused me again and inconvenience. We are travelling for business. While I understand, delays happening but entire flight had been rearranged. I'm also seeing a pattern that the airline has issues with being on time period. I will never fly Frontier again.
RouteCharlotte to Las Vegas
Date FlownJuly 2019

"never get my business again"

Trip Verified | Boston to Ontario via Orlando. Avoid Frontier airlines like plague! Worst customer service I have received. Needed to get confirmation of flight over the phone, bad idea, airline rep. would not meet simple request. Wasted my time on phone trying to get information correct and was disconnected not getting the email info I was needing. The boarding desks, a joke, I could not get a airline representative answer a simple question. A fellow passenger yelled out on the plane the best description of the airline while on the plane. Greedy! This company will never get my business again, period.
RouteBoston to Ontario via Orlando
Date FlownJuly 2019

"not recommend this airline"

Trip Verified | Denver to Buffalo. My mom past away and needed a quick ticket back east. I flew Frontier years ago when they were the Cadillac of airlines. Now they in my opinion are not very good. I purchase bag and boarding passes but when at airport they did not have kiosks to check baggage , had to wait in line 1-1/2 hours for someone to check my baggage and tag it. Then even though they had seat assigned they loaded weird first passenger's that paid for full baggage then passenger that paid for carry on then the rest instead of by row. The seats were terribly uncomfortable. They were hard narrow and did not recline. You had to pay for better seats. The seat I had was dirty and pocket and floor food spilled all over. Then snacks you had to pay for anything other than water. I would not recommend this airline there are better discount airlines.
RouteDenver to Buffalo

"worst flying experience"

Not Verified | Denver to New York . People's Movers - that's how to qualify Frontier. July 2019 RT 4 hours flight from Denver to New York was a torture: not a single TV screen on board, ugly food for $$, and seats are not reclining! A Greyhound is more comfortable! The worst flying experience in my entire life.
RouteDenver to New York
Date FlownJuly 2019

"I don’t recommend Frontier"

Trip Verified | Providence to Charlotte. At first, the flight price was reasonable until you start to look into the price of baggage and seating. I pre-paid online for my bags and paid additional costs to be able to sit in the first row to give more room for my ESA who is a well trained GSD that has flown a dozen times with other airlines and never had an issue. Other than the costs, what really was distasteful was after I was aboard the plane the attendants made me aware I would be unable to sit in the front row even though I paid for it because I had an animal. I told them I paid extra and hadn’t ever had issues with this before. Half the attendants agreed with me and half said it was a new policy just this week. No one could give me a straight answer other than they needed to find me a different seat. I was very put off by this because I have followed all the rules and even paid additional fees to be sure I was accommodated and yet, the attendants didn’t seem confident in the actual policy themselves. I don’t recommend Frontier not only because of hidden fees but because of the disorganization and failure to accommodate those who actually follow all policies. Southwest has always gone above and beyond for myself and my ESA so I regret my decision to try a new airline. Hope this helps someone out.
RouteProvidence to Charlotte
Date FlownJuly 2019

"never fly Frontier again"

Not Verified | Hartford to Ontario via Denver. When I checked in, the clerk saw I had a carry on — I said I wasn’t checking it and he did not advise me that I would have to pay extra. When I got to the gate they told me it cost double to pay at the gate. $60 extra one way to carry on my bag. I will never fly Frontier again if I can help it.
RouteHartford to Ontario via Denver

"Horrible customer service"

Trip Verified | Seattle to Denver. My flight was for 24 July at 6:35pm, the flight was delayed by 3 hours that we didn’t get any notification for till we got to the airport. At the airport, Frontier does not have any kiosk for self checkin or printing boarding passes. There was one counter with 2 frontier employees that were helping the almost 100 passengers in line. I waited in line for almost 2 hours just to get to the frontier rep. Horrible customer service. They had no valid reason why flight was delayed except technical issues. They donot care about their customers or their customer’s time. A gentleman in line had an overweight bag which they made him pay for the extra lbs. They could have just let him take those few lbs without having to pay that extra money as a way of compensation for the 3 hr pls delay of flight. Horrible! Donot fly Frontier!
RouteSeattle to Denver
Date FlownJuly 2019

"our experience was so awful"

Trip Verified | Salt Lake City to Boston. We had a few flights scheduled with Frontier Airlines on June 29th, 2019. The first flight out of Salt Lake was supposed to depart at 10:10 AM but there was a delay because the plane that we were supposed to board had not arrived on time. We understand that with flying there can be delays so this didn't bother us too much. We ended up departing Salt Lake City to Denver around 10:40 AM. Once we had arrived at Denver w started our scheduled 6-hour layover to our next flight with Frontier to Boston. The flight was scheduled to depart at 6:15. The flight was again delayed but with no notice this time. We waited around for 1 hour before even being able to board the flight. Then we had to wait an additional hour for our flight attendants that were landing on a different flight scheduled to arrive at 6:25. First of all, if all the flights had been on time, I would like to know how we were expected to leave at 6:15 when our flight attendants were not expected to land until 6:25. Not surprisingly there flight arrived 40 minutes later then the scheduled 6:25. At this point we are noticing a theme that all flights with Frontier have been delayed due to what seems to be poor scheduling and even the pilots were extremely frustrated. Every person between TSA, stand in flight attendants, pilots and passengers were extremely frustrated with the lack of communication and issues that seemed like they could've been avoided from the start. I have never had such a bad experience flying from Salt Lake to Boston before. These issues definitely seemed to be avoidable and even if they weren't, the communication and empathy for our frustrations could've been a lot better since there was a definite lack of both. Due to the great inconvenience and horrible service, I am requesting to have a refund credited to my card that I had purchased the tickets from. Our experience was so awful we will never be flying with Frontier Airlines again. This was absolutely unacceptable.
RouteSalt Lake City to Boston
Date FlownJune 2019

"flight had been canceled"

Trip Verified | Denver to Washington Dulles. On July 22, 2019 I went to the airport to board my flight from Denver to Washington Dulles. When I arrived I found out the flight had been canceled. There was no explanation why. When I went to customer service at the airport they handed us a piece of paper which said we could get a refund on our ticket Or a book a new ticket and they would reimburse up to $500 in two weeks. The result was after speaking with other passengers that everyone who did not live in Denver or surrounding lost some of their own money even though this was not their fault. My flight cost $560 in addition I had to lay that money out and send documents and I’m now hoping in two weeks I will get $500 back. There was a car option to drive but no hotel option. A woman sitting in front of me on the United flight I rebooked to get home that day told me she spent 100 or more dollars of her own money. I would really like to know how this is even legal. They sent us a coupon code for $100 on a flight. The people I spoke with all said they will never fly Frontier again
RouteDenver to Washington Dulles