Frontier Airlines

"It felt like a scam"

Not Verified | It felt like a scam, advertising for cheap flight and then charging for everything, including customer service, small hand item, cup of water, etc.. The service people at the gate are very unfriendly. It was my first and last time to fly with Frontier Airlines.
Date FlownNovember 2022

"nickel and dime you for everything"

Trip Verified | This is the worst airline I have ever flown. You think you are getting a good deal on ticket prices, but they nickel and dime you for everything. You have to pay for any bag you bring, even a carry-on. If you want to be confirmed to sit next to who you are traveling with, you have to pay for a seat. If you want to speak with a representative you need to pay for that. If you need help with your baggage, you have to pay for that. The seats on all of my flights did not recline. I will never ever fly this airline again. It cost so much money when it was all said and done and it was not worth the money!!
RouteTampa to Denver
Date FlownNovember 2022

"don’t bother saving your money"

Not Verified | It’s saddening to see an airline able to get away with so much. It starts before you even board: instead of the industry standard bag weight limit of 50 pounds, you can only bring 40. Anything over that is $100 out of your pocket. Same goes for your backpack if it doesn’t fit in their tiny bag sizer. The seats feel like cardboard, are too short to rest your head on, and are so cramped that anybody above six feet is not going to reasonably fit in one without perfect posture. They were also 30 minutes late to depart with absolutely no warning or explanation, and when we landed we inexplicably sat on the tarmac for another half hour. Absolutely awful, don’t bother saving your money. I don’t know how the FAA allows this. They cut corners at every turn and we’re expected to bear the brunt of it as the customers.
RouteMiami to Denver
Date FlownNovember 2022

"surprise you with ridiculous charges"

Trip Verified | You think their tickets are cheap, but they will surprise you with ridiculous charges all the time and their customer service will never help you with anything, I have always bought tickets from them and every single time I ended up paying 2 times more than my ticket ... they always find ways to rip you off, and their employees are rude and disrespectful. I went to Atlanta, my backpack was a bit fat, I rearranged my stuff and it fitted in the box perfectly, but their employee refused to look and made me pay 99$ for it. He was super rude and when I asked his name, he refused to answer.
RouteHartford to Atlanta
Date FlownNovember 2022

"charge you for every single little thing"

Not Verified | Flown all sorts of different airlines. Literally the worst experience possible, I would rather fly Spirit and that is saying something. The customer service will just piss you off and I have low standards. They lost my bags and was the only airline that didn’t not have agents available to ask where they lost it. Waited for hours and they were extremely rude. They will charge you for every single little thing. Forget anything they can consider “extra”. Oh and the flight isn’t even advertised as cheap and cutting corners like Spirit, that’s just how they are. You will get screwed if they change your flight or cancel it or forbid you miss your flight or need to change it for a medical reason.
RouteNashville to Los Angeles
Date FlownNovember 2022

"placed my minor child’s seat away from me"

Trip Verified | The most ignorant employees who talks down to you, late, unprofessional and most unhelpful people. They placed my minor child’s seat away from me. Then I cannot call them to speak to anyone. It tells me to chat, and when you try to chat, no one answers. 24/7 chat is nothing but lies. Bags are extremely expensive. Dont ever use this airline unless you want to spend a fortune on bags just be talked down to & to ruin your vacation. Be warned, choose a different airline. Tickets may be cheap, but they will make you pay the price via bags.
RouteOrlando to Philadelphia
Date FlownNovember 2022

"charging $99 for a carry-on bag"

Trip Verified | Worst airline experience I’ve had in 30 years. The Philadelphia staff is a group of utterly miserable people that are pretty aggressive and unsympathetic in making the entire boarding line measure their carry-on begs like they’re a bunch of children. They were pulling people out of line and charging $99 for a carry-on bag if the bag was an inch over the height limit. $99 for a carry-on? The flight was late with the plane still in Florida for over an hour without any update on the flight status. People were just standing around clueless to where it is. Left 90 minutes late for no reason communicated. Staff is miserable, customer service is atrocious, seats are solid rock, flights are perpetually late or cancelled, no Wi-Fi, “options” are standard on every other airline, and by the time you buy what you need, you’ve paid more for an experience that is an order of magnitude worse than any other airline experience. This was my final time getting sucked in by “discount” rates, only to fly on an airline that should be an example for every major company on how not to operate and treat customers. Worst airline on the planet.
RoutePhiladelphia to Denver
Date FlownNovember 2022

"charged $200 for two backpacks"

Trip Verified | I was charged $200 for two backpacks on my way back home to Florida. We didn’t have any issue on our way to New Jersey with the same backpacks but magically the two ladies scanning the boarding passes claimed they were too big and we needed to pay $100 each , I tried to explain them we we used the same backpacks with no issue before and they just ignored us and asked for the $200 payment or threaten us to close the gate so we had no choice but to pay for the ridiculous amount.
RouteTrenton to West Palm Beach
Date FlownNovember 2022

"definitely our worst experience"

Not Verified | This was not our first time flying with Frontier but it was definitely our worst experience and our last. We were talked to and treated like inmates upon arrival instead of like paying customers. All of the employees that were checking in bags had terrible attitudes and were very disrespectful. I did not witness one out of line customer only Frontier employees. We were also charged close to $600 for our luggage. Upon boarding was more extreme rudeness as they had everyone with backpacks try to fit them into the bag sleeve to see if they needed to add a carry on. Once we boarded it was obvious there was something wrong with the plane although they did not give us an update for thirty minutes. After an hour on the plane we were told to get off. We then waited another two hours before being told our flight canceled. Terrible experience and they do not deserve anyone's business.
RouteDallas to Chicago
Date FlownNovember 2022

"talking down to everyone"

Not Verified | Check in and baggage check. The staff was rude and talking down to everyone in line. When we got to the area to board the plane the staff was rude and disrespectful to almost everyone. I heard at least 12 to 15 people saying they would never fly with Frontier again. I feel the same the experience was awful. I fly across the country four times a month and I don’t deserve to be treated like I’m below the staff.
RouteDallas Ft Worth to Chicago Midway