Frontier Airlines

"you get what you pay for"

Trip Verified | Denver to San Antonio. Our flight left at 8 a.m. We arrived to the airport at 5:50 am and started to get in line and an employee told us to go to a kiosk we tried for 20 minutes to check in at the kiosk. She tried helping us only to find out we couldn't check in so she put us in the line after all. There must have been close to 60 people in this line with only two people working at the counter. At 6am in the morning we waited in this line until 7:15 am that gave us 45 minutes until our flight left. When we got to the counter they told us we couldn't check in because we were too late. They only had two people working and their computers went down for a short while causing everyone to wait in this line. After putting us on another much later flight to Austin, checking our bag to Austin, and we got to Austin they lost our luggage. We were here in San Antonio for 3 days with no luggage, we kept calling and they never answered our calls never answered our emails, they called us one time to tell us they had no information. This is very poor customer service. We finally received our luggage back in Denver four days after we got back home. We had to go back to the Denver Airport and pick it up finding that it was in Austin the whole time even though we had drove to Austin three times to see if it was there. Frontier is a very poor airline. They need more communication. This ruined our entire trip. We didn't have money to buy new clothes, we didn't have money to even buy some amenities that we needed. They cost us a lot of money and we're not getting reimbursed for any of it and they didn't even really apologized. I will never fly Frontier again. I don't care how cheap they are, this is definitely where you get what you pay for.
RouteDenver to San Antonio
Date FlownDecember 2018

"Seats are as bad as other reviews"

Trip Verified | Cost $500 CDN for tix. At check in, an extra $1000+ on way there, $1500+ for way back. $3500 instead of $1000? They double charge for all fees on a connecting flight. Flight delayed on way there. Seats are as bad as other reviews. Flight delayed on the way home then cancelled. Got 2x $400 vouchers to be used up with Frontier within 90 days only in same name as tix say GRR. No refund of extra charges. Stranded at MCO trying to get back to Canada with a child. Had to pay either $5000 USD or the $2000 CDN that I went with. Will never fly Frontier. Can’t even sell vouchers. I’d rather throw them in garbage. Thanks for a $5500 CDN return flight by the time all is said and done (instead of the original 1000 for the 2 tix). I just went on a holiday that cost me too much because of you, now I’m supposed to plan a trip again within 90 days!
RouteOrlando to Calgary via Denver
Date FlownNovember 2018

"Worthless airline and staff"

Not Verified | Palm Springs to Denver. I’m sitting on a plane to Denver. Late 2 hours; de-planed everyone; reboarded everyone; back out from gate and now waiting an hour. No updates since we reboarded. Frontier is an utterly incompetent airline. Now it’s canceled. Worthless airline and staff.
RoutePalm Springs to Denver

"The worst airline ever"

Trip Verified | Orlando to Minneapolis booked for December 2018. The worst airline ever. They have canceled flights on us several times. They advertise low cost fares, then a few weeks before the flight is to departure they cancel it stating aircraft availability. They just don't want to honor the low cost tickets. I have seen them cancel our flight and still have the same flight advertised with availability. Don't trust them.
RouteOrlando to Minneapolis
Date FlownJuly 2018

"Had to pay $50 at airport"

Trip Verified | Colorado Springs to Phoenix. I needed an extra bag on morning of flight so went online to purchase but it wouldn’t allow me to. Had to pay $50 at airport. Just another way to nickel and dime you. Of course I had to shell out another $50 on the way back.
RouteColorado Springs to Phoenix
Date FlownNovember 2018

"nastiest people I’ve encountered"

Trip Verified | Orlando to Norfolk. The flight attendants were probably some of the nastiest people I’ve ever encountered. There were two main flight attendants. The first thing I noticed was one greeting the customers. I was sitting right in front of him, when I noticed he would giggle or make faces at the different people walking by. I didn’t think this was too big of a deal, just a case of immaturity. Then, a single black mom and her child boarded and sat in front of me. This seems to have caught the other FA's attention - she asked the mother how old the child was, and she replied “1, turning 2 tomorrow. Why do you ask?”. The FA said, “she looks a lot bigger than you say she is, but okay” and walks away. From that point on, it seems the FA is constantly picking on the single mother. 5 minutes after the encounter, the FA says “your baby can’t be in a seat, she has to be in your lap if she isn’t officially 2 yet”. The mother complies, but mumbles something under her breath. “Is there an issue?” the FA snaps, staring at the single mother and her child. Another 5 mins has passed, and the FA walks up to the mom again. “Your seat can’t be reclined”, and she reaches over and adjusts it half an inch, without asking of course. Another 5 mins, the FA complains that she can’t see the Mom’s seatbelt, even though she clearly had it on. This consisted almost the entire two hours, the FA constantly calling out the single mother for the smallest reasons. As the FA was in the back talking loudly about all the bloody mary’s She intends to drink for her birthday, the mom fell asleep. As we were fixing to land, the other FA was walking up and down collecting trash, before stopping at the sleeping mom and daughter, pointing and smiling. The FA walks up, “don’t worry, I’ll handle it” and she takes off her gloves. She pokes the mother, “We’re about to land, you might want to hold your baby”, she says, and afterwards, running off to the bathroom to wash her hands. The other FA goes to the back and I can immediately hear them giggling again. I felt so disgusted after the flight, even more disgusted with myself for not saying anything. This was clearly a case of bullying, and the flight attendant was clearly picking on the black mother and her child. It made me sick to my stomach. That was my experience, hopefully anyone flying with Frontier has more decent flight attendants.
RouteOrlando to Norfolk
Date FlownNovember 2018

"only allowed one personal item each"

Trip Verified | Chicago to Las Vegas. We bought one way tickets from Kiwi.com connecting from Frontier Airlines in Vegas to Hawaiian Airlines onto Honolulu and Sydney. Then found out we didn't even have the option to buy checked bags or carry ons. We're only allowed one personal item each. They claim it was made clear at the time of booking, however, neither of us saw the notice while booking. That piece of information is by far the most important thing to know about that flight and should be flashing in red! I made the booking through kiwi.com so they are who I dealt with on the phone and were extremely unhelpful and said there was nothing they could do. We were looking at mailing our bags to ourselves, and at $300 per bag it was our cheapest option. Luckily, the next morning we received an email saying we could each pay for one checked bag, but still no follow up from either company with an apology for the headache.
RouteChicago to Sydney
Date FlownNovember 2018

"the worst airline experience"

Not Verified | Denver to San Jose. Terrible airline - avoid at all costs. I was not able to check into my flight because their app is faulty. Then the front desk agent at the ticketing counter was extremely rude to me and charged me extra for my luggage because I was not able to pay earlier due to their mobile app being faulty. Now I’m at the gate and our flight was supposed to take off at 9AM but is now delayed until 3PM. First the agents said it was because the previous plane didn’t land. Now they’re saying it’s because there is an issue with the plane. There are no other flights they can get us on that leave earlier. Overall, this has been the worst airline experience I’ve had and I intend to discourage everyone I know from ever flying Frontier. They clearly use outdated plane and are too cheap to invest in maintenance so that this doesn’t happen. They also clearly don’t care about customer service - both the front desk agent and agents at the gate have been extremely rude. Update: the plane is sitting at the gate but they are still saying it’s delayed until 3:45pm. The gate agents didn’t even tell us the plane was delayed again - I had to hear it from a fellow passenger. They don’t even have the decency to give us real time updates.
RouteDenver to San Jose

"scam of an airline"

Not Verified | Charlotte to Las Vegas. This is the absolute worst airline I have ever flown with. The seats feel like you are sitting on a bus terminal seat at the most desolute place in the country. My flight was cancelled for whatever reason and they simply handed me a piece of paper and told me I was on my own. I had to rebook my flight and fly 2 more legs to get to my destination. I applied for a refund and was told 6-9 weeks for a refund. Worst customer service I have ever seen. With all the hidden fees you are better off flying with a top tier airline rather than these guys. I will never fly with these folks again. I have had more comfortable rides in C130 and C141 aircraft when I was in the military. If you want bottom of the barrel with absolutely no frills and a hope and chance that you may eventually get to your destination this is your airline. Military members do not make the mistake of taking this airline because they are cheap. You leave is alot more valuable than this scam of an airline
RouteCharlotte to Las Vegas

"I’m extremely disappointed"

Trip Verified | Tampa to Buffalo. I’m extremely disappointed with Frontier airline as they trick the customer into buying what seems to be a great price airfare and then at check in time they charge for the seat, luggage, carry on, and the in flight snack. That’s another $175. What a deceptive airline. Even if you purchase trip insurance, they don’t honor their side of the deal indicating they have nothing to do with insurance. You must call the insurance yourself and they won’t give you a number to call. Frontier gives absolutely no refund in case you need to make changes or cancel. In addition, it is extremely difficult to navigate their on line options and the cost of speaking to customer service is $25. What a rip off.
RouteTampa to Buffalo