Frontier Airlines

"lack of professionalism"

Trip Verified | The flight was empty; nothing else the back was full of row 32, all piled up in time of Covid-19 back and forward was empty; when we told him that my daughters suffer from dizziness and if it was possible to move to the chairs in front, first they did not accept and they said through the speaker that the chairs in the front are allocated for those who paid more for the service, they said it in a way cheeky Then I stopped and moved to the front chairs and immediately they called me and told me to return me to my purchased chair; until after a 1 hour delay sitting down they agreed for the people to move, it seems to me a lot of lack of professionalism to deal with the public in that way.
RouteDenver to Orlando

"Horrible customer service"

Not Verified | Horrible customer service. Frontier turned my trip to Missoula from a 6-hr (with DEN layover) into a 16-hr overnight in the DEN airport. After waiting on the phone with Customer Service for over an hour to seek a refund, I was only issued a credit that I must use within 90-days. In the post-COVID world, this does not suffice. I will never attempt to fly Frontier again!
RouteSacramento to Missoula via Denver

"Horrible customer service"

Not Verified | Horrible customer service. Horrible business. Frontier cancelled our flight and then rescheduled us twice from a direct flight to a 6 hour layover in Denver. I have 4 children so that wasn’t going to work. Spent 3 hours on the phone attempting to request a refund since that is not the flight plan we booked and paid for, but they refused. Now we are stuck with a flight credit that has to be used within 90 days or we lose the money all together. Frontier is the most immoral and unethical business I have ever had to deal with. They are robbing from people who were forced to cancel their flights, who have lost jobs and family because of a pandemic that we have no control over. It’s not right. I was blown away by their inconsideration and lack of compassion. I will never fly this airline again, and I will discourage anyone I can from flying Frontier also.
RouteAtlanta to Salt lake city
Date FlownJune 2020

"I am denied a refund"

Not Verified | I booked Frontier airlines for my trip to Cancun as they had great spring break deals. Not knowing the current pandemic would cause multiple borders to close for safety the airline company canceled this flight which was totally understandable. My flight was for March 30th 2020. I spoke with a first customer representative to get a refund for it which is one of two options she gave me, the other a flight credit. On the phone she said she will get my file to the refund department and that it might take some time. Now 4 months later they have emailed me saying my flight credit expired and that I am denied a refund. This email was very confusing as I never requested a flight credit in the first place and find it very upsetting that no one tried to contact me or explain what was going on. So still I am trying to speak with their customer services to understand why I cannot get a refund. Do not book with frontier. The customer service workers told me different information and now costed me my whole flight's worth.
RouteNew York to Cancun
Date FlownMarch 2020

"customer service is also garbage"

Trip Verified | We should have done our research before purchasing tickets to the “worst airline in the US”. Our trip was cancelled due to the pandemic and they only have 90 days to rebook a flight. But who can do that, as we have no idea if anything would be open and when. Do we buy hotels and risk not being refunded if we have to cancel? We tried numerous times to call the airline and couldn’t get through, and today my husband got through and was told since it was past the 90 days we lost our credit. They could have easily let us book, especially because their customer service is also garbage and we couldn’t get through.
RouteBuffalo to Orlando
Date FlownMarch 2020

"no refund I forfeited the money"

Trip Verified | I booked a flight on Frontier Airlines on 2/14/2020. I had to cancel due to Covid19 on 3/24/2020. On my confirmation email, it said I had until 6/20/2020 to rebook a flight. Frontier no longer has direct flights out of Msp except to Denver. I tried calling customer service at 15 times before 6/20/2020 and every time it would say "due to high call volume....try again later. Goodbye" Today July 20,2020 I finally reached someone and I asked for a refund because they no longer have direct flights out of Msp. Customer service told me I was too late and I forfeited my money. I asked why customers Frequent flyer miles don't expire anymore because of Covid19 but I can't get my 216.80 back? He said no refund I forfeited the money when I didn't call by 6/20/20202. I tried explaining to him I called more than 15 times. He just said there was nothing he could do. I lost the money. It is unacceptable that they get to keep the money. Yet if you have frequent flyer miles they eliminated the expiration date of them.
RouteMinneapolis to Fort Myers
Date FlownMarch 2020

"never fly Frontier again"

Trip Verified | They are refusing to credit back a COVID related cancellation even though I went through proper channels to try and cancel ahead of time. All customer service #s were busy at the time and I could not get through to even hold for someone. They didn't even credit half of my flight cost back. Will never fly Frontier again.
RouteHuntsville to Philadelphia
Date FlownMarch 2020

"told that they denied my refund"

Trip Verified | I had gotten a credit for my cancelled flight in March 2020 (originally booked with two people)- I was told it needed to be rebooked by June 2020 to use the credit. I rebooked a single person flight before this time. On June 12, 2020 I go to the airport early because I was unable to check in on my phone, I went to the desk and the attendant told me that since I originally booked my flight for 2 people they were unable to issue me a ticket with my credits and asked that I pay for the ticket again that day.. needing to catch my flight I did, just to be told at security that my name was on that flight twice. When I called to get a refund I was on customer service left on hold then told to file a complaint on line, couldn’t even explain what happened because they only allow 100 words for your compliant description. Then a week later I was told that they denied my refund because the credit expired on June 2020.
RouteDenver to Cedar Rapids
Date FlownJune 2020

"my flight was no show"

Trip Verified | They really have the worst service ever. So I should have a trip to Miami on 3 July at 12:42. I arrived in the airport with 50 min before, i was trying to do my chack-in by the machine and didnt work, after i went to the front desk, where staff pass my card to buy the baggage. After it, in the last second they said to me i could not going anymore. So, because was not my mistake i asked refund about my trip, i was 20 min with the girl in the front desk to make this request, after this She said you are good to go, the whole trip will be back to your card and also your baggage. After 4 days, nothing came back, so i called to them and an agent said to me, Your money will be refund in 7-10 days. After 10 days I called and a telemarketing attendant said that it couldnt be refund because my flight was no show. Very bad service. Until now even my baggage money that is $55 was refund... And in the end i lost $225 for them, and was not my mystake.
RouteBoston to Miami
Date FlownJuly 2020

"never use this company again"

Not Verified | Terrible Company! I had to cancel my first flight due to Covid-19, when I tried to re-book online the travel credit did not work over the website. Therefore, I had to re-book over the phone and the agent did not make it clear that if I didn't use the entire credit on this one phone call I would completely loose the remainder of the money I had already spent!! When I called back later explaining the situation (that I was supposed to have $320 left over) they refused to refund my money, I wasn't able to use it in any way, and they wouldn't even let me speak with a supervisor or manager. The agent even hung up on me at the end of the call. On top of that, every agent on the phone has had a thick accent and has been hard to understand so that doesn't help. The way I see it, they've stolen $320 from me and they refuse to make it right, even when I was told by their representative that I would be able to use this money in the future. I will never use this company again if they even survive through this pandemic. I would be surprised.
RouteSalt Lake City to Atlanta