Frontier Airlines

Customer rating from 1943 reviews

"forced to pay for it"

Trip Verified | The worst experience ever. Had a personal item and was forced to pay for it. When I left Boston fine with my personal item. The two ladies working the boarding area was rude and mean! Didn't take the time to listen, all they wanted was $. Already paid for flight and seat, now personal item?
RouteMiami to Boston
Date FlownApril 2021

"paid extra for the perks package"

Trip Verified | Stewardess made me place my carry on farther back on the plane even though I was in row 2. Late to get moving, all flight attendants were giving different passengers different answer to questions. I paid extra for the perks package and don't understand what value I got. On the way to my destination I not get preferred boarding and on the way back I was inconvenienced about baggage I paid for.
RouteOrlando to Chicago

"Didn’t honor a refund"

Trip Verified | Didn’t honor a refund. I wasn’t able to get my bags checked due to the extremely long lines, so I missed my flight. They didn’t have anything else going out until Thursday. Ended up paying over $500 for another ticket on American flight. Frontier will not comp any future tickets or give me a refund, horrible customer service.
RouteOrlando to Denver via Wichita
Date FlownApril 2021

"Frontier really couldn't care less"

Not Verified | I wrote a letter to Frontier about how their customer service manager at Denver airport lacks the personality and sympathy for people who have been traveling and waiting at airports for half a day. Also if they are going to change gates on travelers, don't depend on a muffled airport loud speaker to notify travelers of something as important as gate changes. Use the monitor at the gate to notify us of important changes. Other reviewers are correct, based on the customer service manager who handled our situation, Frontier really couldn't care less if their travelers spend the night at the airport. Which we did. Frontier's letter to us stated that they came up "a bit short" on handling our flight with them. Using the words "a bit short" after they changed gates on us without adequate notice is like saying someone on a hunger strike is "a bit hungry". That letter truly shows they have no clue on how to work with the public. Nor do they really care. Well maybe "just a bit". Now is the time to use social media to voice our dismay on this airline.
RouteDes Moines to Orange County via Denver
Date FlownApril 2021

"No refund, rude customer service"

Trip Verified | I got sick at boarding, I couldn’t take my flight. I was given a refund for the departure flight. When I received my confirmation for the return flight I call Frontier to let them know I tested positive for covid and I didn’t even need the flight due to me never boarding my departure flight. No refund, rude customer service and I am sure they never alerted all the other passengers that they had been exposed to covid.
RouteDenver to Atlanta

"Worst experience ever"

Not Verified | Worst experience ever. I bought a ticket from Miami to Dallas, and to my surprise it changed 2 days later from a 3 hour trip to a 13 hour trip. I had to spend the night in Denver. I called customer service to let them know of this problem and the girl on the phone told me changes happen and that the only none stop flights were the day before or after my scheduled trip. At this point I can trust those flights wont change either. She became very flustered and rude and started yelling at me. So I asked to speak to her manager and said the manager couldn't do anything and that if i wanted to speak to the it was an hour wait. The most you can do at this point is make sure you pay for insurance although i doubt Frontier will accept it.
RouteMiami to Denver via Dallas
Date FlownJune 2020

"This has been a horrible trip"

Trip Verified | Frontier is the worst airline I have ever flown. They had 2 delayed (which was almost 2 hours) and left early and did not have courtesy to even announce it.They just said wait, which cost me a lot of money because I missed work time and had to pay for other options as we were stuck in Orlando because the next flight to STT was Friday April 9th which that would’ve been the day we return from St Thomas. (But we never made it there) The chairs are literally chairs; they do not recline at all; they charge $60 for any type of baggage; and do not even give water. None of customer service people are helpful. We have been calling around talking to manager after manager to get our luggage apparently our luggage’s made it to St Thomas but we didn’t. Now I was told by another manager from RDU that they don’t scan their bags in and it’s not showing up in their system that he’s in St Thomas. (Which the manager I spoke with in Orlando said they on the way to ST Thomas.) Moral of the story frontier might be cheap but it’s not worth all these headaches with my luggage and frontier holding there self accountable for their action when they missed up and not even trying to fix the problem. This was my first trip and last with frontier. Now we don’t live in Raleigh so when our luggage is found they will have to send it to us in Virginia. This has been a horrible trip and experience flying with frontier I would not recommend them!
RouteRaleigh Durham to Orlando
Date FlownApril 2021

"worst airline I have ever flown"

Trip Verified | Frontier is the worst airline I have ever flown. They were an hour late and did not have courtesy to even announce it. They just said wait, which cost me a lot of money because I missed work time and had to pay uber. The chairs are literally chairs; they do not recline at all; they charge $60 for any type of baggage; and do not even give water. None of customer service people are helpful.
RouteLas Vegas to Newark
Date FlownApril 2021

"The worst customer service I have ever experienced"

Not Verified | The worst customer service I have ever experienced, when we booked my 14 year old sons ticket (unaccompanied) they confirmed it was good to go, waited 20 minutes in line because there were no Frontier workers to be denied because he’s under 15. You have to pay for a carry on which is insane, they basically told us they can do nothing and we’re out of luck, I wouldn’t recommend this airline to anyone.
RouteRaleigh to Atlanta
Date FlownApril 2021

"My final cost for this 1 flight is ridiculous"

Not Verified | I was excited to get away recently and was looking for the best prices. Well I chose Frontier because the initial rate was so good for last minute. However, I have not even got on the plane yet and have had to already add a small fortune onto the "cheapest rate" and I still have to pay for wifi on the plane! My final cost for this 1 flight is ridiculous. When I check the site to see what is included. All they say is "no we don't do that so that we can pass along the cheapest rate for you". Foolish if you ask me. Foolish of me to think I was getting a deal!
RouteBuffalo to Fort Myers