Frontier Airlines

"Delays, failure to communicate"

Trip Verified | Savannah to Philadelphia. This airline is the worse at every turn they work at disappointing their customers. Some businesses fail to meet customers expectations by mistake. Frontier must hold meetings to discuss how best to provide a completely horrible experience. Delays, failure to communicate, rude employees to name but a very few events a trip with Frontier has provided us. At this time I stand in a line that was to start moving an hour ago waiting for baggage check. Better off with any other airline.
RouteSavannah to Philadelphia
Date FlownAugust 2019

"sent car seat to wrong place"

Trip Verified | San Antonio to Ontario. The lady at the counter at San Antonio airport didn't seem to have knowledge of anything. She got my flight confused and sent my car seat to the wrong place. When I landed in Ontario they had to provide me a loaner car seat. Thankfully within 24 hours customer service called and had my car seat. I didn't have time to go pick it up so I just switched it back when I returned for my departure back to San Antonio. I asked the girl in Ontario if everything was good with the car seat. She never specified to me to pick up car seat on the side entrance. When I arrived in San Antonio I waited at baggage claim for my car seat and once again it was not to be found. I was quite upset and had to go talk to customer service representative. The customer service representative blamed me for not picking up my car seat in the correct section when the ticket given to me clearly stated baggage claim. The lady was quite rude and offered terrible help. Eventually after 40 minutes I got my car seat. I think next time when choosing my flight I'll just go with a different one. I also don't like the fact that the company charges for carry on bags and had no complimentary drinks on board.
RouteSan Antonio to Ontario

"Horrible airline"

Trip Verified | Raleigh to Orlando. Horrible airline! Out of the last 5 flights, 3 delayed and 2 cancelled. Its not economical when you have to get motels and pay for extra parking. Their solution was to offer $25 off of a future flight which they can keep as I wont be flying Frontier Airlines again.
RouteRaleigh to Orlando

"our luggage being lost"

Trip Verified | Denver to Fargo. Ending of a great trip was concluded with our luggage being lost. Frontier was also unable to find our luggage as they do not utilize any tracking system. This really caused unnecessary stress on us as customers of Frontier.
AircraftF9490
RouteDenver to Fargo
Date FlownAugust 2019

"flight was cancelled costing us hundreds of dollars"

Not Verified | Cincinnati to Jacksonville. I’d never flown Frontier before and I never will again. After waiting hours to board we were told that our plane was given to a San Diego flight. The San Diego plane originally slated for that flight had mechanical issues so we were to wait on repairs. That never happened and our flight was cancelled costing us hundreds of dollars!
RouteCincinnati to Jacksonville
Date FlownAugust 2019

"I won't ever fly Frontier again"

Not Verified | Ontario to Orlando via Philadelphia. Worst airline experience ever, and I have flown a lot. Most of the seats don't recline, they have no padding, and the armrest sticks out when folded up so we couldn't even lean sideways on each other without being stuck in the ribs. What executive decided it was a good idea to forego the passengers comfort to save a few dollars? I am going to semd Frontier my chiropractor bill. I definitely need to go after flying with Frontier. The icing on the cake was $45 per carry on bag, per leg of the trip. I won't ever fly Frontier again!
RouteOntario to Orlando via Philadelphia

"they are not worth it"

Trip Verified | Philadelphia to Las Vegas. Our vacation to Las Vegas was ruined by Frontier Airlines when the Pilot never showed up to the flight due to a scheduling error. Which was bad enough, but their customer service to make up for the extremely inconvenient situation was even worse. We dealt with at least 4-5 customer service agents who where horrible at providing any type of satisfactory resolution. Nobody from that company was willing to do whatever it took to make the situation right for us, we had to fight and complain to everyone we dealt with. Our flight tickets were over $300 each and they were only willing to provide travel vouchers for $500 - we lost hotel reservations and an RV rental worth way more than that. I am NEVER using this company again, no matter what the "Deal" looks like - they are not worth it.
RoutePhiladelphia to Las Vegas

"canceled minutes before"

Trip Verified | Austin to Orange County. This airline will be out of business soon! They canceled my flight, only notifying me minutes before it was scheduled to board. Waited an hour to find out there not going to help me on to a different flight on a different airline, any flight vouchers, miles or even a life back home! On top of that, the manager was billing the passengers repeating, two options. Refund or rebook! What jerks had to spend another $400 to book on United Airline. Ugh
RouteAustin to Orange County

"Horrible customer service"

Trip Verified | Raleigh to Hartford. Had booked trip 3 months ago to visit family and to have my daughter meet her grandmother. We received notification flight was delayed 15 mins on way to airport, then when we printed boarding passes it said delayed until 7pm. Then once again it was changed to 6pm then 5 minutes later canceled. When we went to get explanation none was given, just telling us to book with another airline and they maybe would reimburse us up to a certain dollar amount. But roundtrips were 400 plus a person and no direct flights but no one at frontier cares. I learned my lesson and will never fly with them again and will never recommend them to anyone. Horrible customer service and for a airline not to have a contingency plan is inexcusable.
RouteRaleigh to Hartford
Date FlownAugust 2019

"they are cheaper than you think"

Trip Verified | Houston to Philadelphia. Frontier Airlines is cheap, but they are cheaper than you think. The staff tried to send us back from the check-in counter. They tried to sell their tickets for the next day, meanwhile tried to sell our seats to someone waiting at the gate for the last minute tickets. Overall they cheated us, tried to steal from us and tried to sell the stolen goods to someone else as well. Misconduct by the staff. Frontier airlines staff at the check-in counter misinformed us about TSA service hours and asked us to go back. She also tried to sell Frontier air tickets for the next day. We would even doubt that she took 15 minutes and it was intentional to delay us. Misconduct by the airlines manager 1. When the customer asked for resolution the manager stepped in. He also misinformed us about TSA service hours and asked us to go back. The manager did not correct his staff’s mistake but instead he covered it up by arguing with us. The manager just brought up a reason that we were informed to check in early and refused to help. Both the staff and the manager explicitly said “TSA at Houston IAH airport stopped working at 11.30pm”. They also said “there is no way you are going to fly in the Frontier flight tonight”. TSA service at one terminal was closed, but we cleared the TSA check, reached the gate 2 hours before the departure and boarded the flight. The manager was there to board us. Therefore the information they gave us was wrong.
RouteHouston to Philadelphia