Frontier Airlines

"Horrible, inconsistent"

Trip Verified | Denver to Providence. Horrible, inconsistent, condescending gate staff that act like robots. My bag fit under the seat on the flight out, but was 2" too big for their measuring device. No exceptions no matter your loyalty. If you're disgruntled, the captain will also join in the 'however I can throw my weight around and not accommodate our customers' party they seem to thrive on. Never again will I endure this joke of a so-called airline. Southwest here I come!
RouteDenver to Providence

"Absolute worst experience"

Not Verified | Cancun to Chicago. Absolute worst experience! Our flight was delayed several times with little explanation then canceled altogether at the last minute.They had our entire plane waiting 8 hours to find out they canceled the flight. They also informed us that we would have a new departure time for today (11/12/19) at 12pm. Now they have delayed departure once more. We aren’t sure. The sheer lack of transparency and information by the Frontier staff is absolutely unacceptable and unprofessional. They will claim they did all they could do, however, this is not true. Out of respect for their paying customers, they should have made decisions much earlier in the day allowing their passengers to find local hotel accommodations versus sleeping nearly the entire flight on the Mexican airport floors. This is truly the worst experience I’ve ever had with an airline. Not because the flight was determined canceled but for the lack of respect for their paying customers.
RouteCancun to Chicago
Date FlownNovember 2019

"3 hours late and still waiting"

Trip Verified | Nashville to Denver. Our flight was scheduled for departure 5:00 AM the crew was late, the pilots were late, then we need some oil in the engines, then the person that added the oil was authorized to add the oil, so we have find someone who is authorized to make sure the oil was added correctly. 3 hours late and we’re still waiting. Wish us luck not sure when we might get to Denver.
RouteNashville to Denver
Date FlownNovember 2019

"not fly Frontier ever again"

Not Verified | Fort Myers to Cleveland. $55 for a carry on. Apparently this was “up to 50% more than I would have paid had I used the app. The clerk told me this as he swiped my card. Good to know I could have stepped away and saved 30 bucks - rip off. No included snacks or beverages. Old, cheap plane. Will not fly Frontier ever again.
RouteFort Myers to Cleveland
Date FlownNovember 2019

"did not like fee for carry on "

Not Verified | Las Vegas to Orlando. Our flight to orlando was on time, the tickets are cheap but did not like the fee for carry on baggage. We were staying in Orlando for 1 week so we don t have a choice but to purchase a check in baggage and a carry on. No free snack in the plane, seats are very uncomfortable. No entertainment at all. The flight attendant in the plane is a little bit rude.
RouteLas Vegas to Orlando
Date FlownOctober 2019

"flights are never on time"

Trip Verified | Las Vegas to Colorado Springs. This is truly one of the worst airlines around. The last 4 times I have flown with this airline it has been an hour and a half delayed every single time. Not only do they Pimp you out with requiring you to pay extra for everything (including your seat assignment?), but the flights are never on time and always delayed. I will never be flying this airline again.
RouteLas Vegas to Colorado Springs
Date FlownNovember 2019

"customer service is poor"

Not Verified | Spokane to Las Vegas. Frontier customer service is poorly if at all trained to handle the many issues that may arise with customer inquiries regarding their policies and procedures. The different fractions of this organization are not organized nor well versed in the necessity to effectively communicate to the appropriate department with a goal of a successful resolution for its staff but more importantly to its clientele. They need to acknowledge the fact that when an unfortunate event occurs, it is not always the client who is at fault and should suffer the penalty. A customer representative hung up in my face when she became unable to answer questions regarding its policies, procedures, and overall movement at their ticket counter.
RouteSpokane to Las Vegas
Date FlownNovember 2019

"worst flight experience ever"

Trip Verified | The worst flight experience ever. I only booked my ticket with Frontier because I wanted to leave Phoenix in the last flight for the day. However, It is hard to believe that there could be a worse flight service than Spirit Airlines. For sure there is - The award of worse flight experience ever goes to Frontier. Seats are very uncomfortable, it is not possible to recline the seats. I felt like I was seating in a piece of wood. I am 6'1 foot tall and my legs cannot fit in the space between my seat and the seat in front of me. Once I sat down, I could not move for hours. Also the seat is too short, so I could not rest my head for the whole flight. My neck is still hurting from the flight. Staff were rude and any questions we may ask, they tell us to talk to the supervisor. In Phoenix - I only asked - Why do you only open the check in only two hours before flights - the answer i received was .. Do you want to talk to my supervisor? It is very rude and weird that we cannot have a simple conversation with Frontier staff at check in. In Denver staff on gate A40 doing the boarding were very unprofessional, rude, they yelled at anyone who asked them questions. Our plane was selected for a security check. Although it is a common procedure for airline company and staff, the customers are not familiar with the process. When someone asked about the estimate time our flight would leave, we the lady screamed at us "I DO NOT KNOW - MAYBE 30 MINUTES, 2 HOURS, 3 HOURS". It was terrible. The only person who smile and was professional during my whole flight was the flight attendant Diamond on flight F9 290. I told her thanks for having a smile on your face. She told me "We need to keep smiling". I am not sure about how much the flight ticket with Frontier cost because I flew from Tampa to Phoenix with American Airlines and I flew back to Tampa with Frontier and I paid for round trip. I heard that Frontier flight tickets are cheap. I am not sure if it is true because America Airlines only charged me $30.00 for check in a bag. Carry on was free. While Frontier charged $50.00 for check in + $50.00 for carry on. Also, American Airlines offered free snacks and drinks. While Frontier charges $3.00 for drinks and snacks. I am positive I will never fly with Frontier again
RoutePhoenix to Tampa via Denver

Frontier Airlines customer review

Trip Verified | Santa Barbara to Denver. This is the second time they cancelled my flight, left all of the passengers stranded at the airport at 9pm, not another flight option for 48 hours. They would not provide accommodations for hotels or alternate airlines the next day. Customer service was useless. I had to miss a day of work and spend almost $400 to get home about 26 hours late. The website won't let me give 0/10 for overall rating or 0/5 stars for the categories below of value, ground service, seat comfort, cabin staff, food, entertainment (there is none), and cabin wifi, but assume all 1 ratings are zero.
RouteSanta Barbara to Denver
Date FlownNovember 2019

"I will never fly Frontier again"

Trip Verified | La Guardia to Denver. I told myself on my last flight with Frontier that I would never fly frontier again because they cancelled my flight last minute and after driving 6 hours to another airport they delayed my flight 8 hours for “the plane to be serviced.” Once again, my flight was delayed several times, causing everyone to wait at the airport for hours, then they finally cancelled it leaving everyone stranded and the Frontier lines wrapped around the airport. Long story short, insurance does not matter. Their insurance only covers “incidents that happen on the aircraft”. They put me on a flight 36 hours later but gave me a free 100$ voucher that I will not be using because I will never fly Frontier again.
RouteLa Guardia to Denver