Frontier Airlines

"never fly with Frontier Airlines again"

Trip Verified | I was on my way back from Phoenix to Chicago. Other than my flight from Chicago to PHX, which was with American Airlines, I was able to get my ticket at the machines, but in Phoenix, the Airline Frontier did not offer this function, nor was it possible to check in online in advance. I had to wait in a long line, and we all did not see any progress for over 45 minutes. We saw the reason for that was the lady at the kiosk happily involved in a loud conversation with two women about private contents. When it was finally my turn, she told me that it was too late for me, she was not able to print out my ticket. She forwarded me to her supervisor, who understood the situation and she did everything in her power to get me on the flight. She made it happen to print out the ticket after trying it with different devices - then she ran to the gate to wait for me and instructed me to be fast! I ran and, in the crowd, I saw her waiving, and she guided me quickly to the gate. I only had to pass the ticket through the control but then I was told “We are overbooked”. And I missed the flight so to speak twice. The supervisor felt so sorry (she was lovely by the way) and she tried to find another flight with another airline, as Frontier would only offer a flight 2 days later. I flew that day over Kansas City with SW Airlines and it had been a long, long inconvenient day for me. Frontier made it super complicated to get in touch with them afterward, but I found a way after intense researches. Emails went back and forth and they kept on telling me that my documents were not complete or they said it has to be a pdf and nor a jpg, once it was a pdf, they said it has to be bundled, trying to play with customers patience. I just had the feeling they are not even really reading my case. I gave everything what they wanted, but the final answer was just, that they do not refund me, not for the ticket I bought at Frontier, nor for the ticket I was forced to buy at SW Airlines. I would give Miss E, the supervisor in Phoenix 5 stars, but she is clearly working in the wrong company. I will never fly with Frontier Airlines again, and I think this is a bigger loss for Frontier, than refunding me the $500, which they owe me.
RoutePhoenix to Chicago
Date FlownJune 2022

"the worst experience traveling"

(Jamaica)

Not Verified | This was the worst experience traveling. The flight was delayed from Montego Bay to Orlando and the customer service at MBJ was poor. When arrived in Orlando had to stay on board for about hour after plane landed with no explanation, hence connecting flight was missed. My 2 yr old and 11 yr old grandkids were tired and hungry and were not accommodated for. We had to stay hungry the night from 9 pm until the next day. We had to sleep on the dirty airport floor with all kinds of diseases going around. Customer service was the worst. Lady argued with me. 1st time traveling and not even a small chips or anything to sip. Next flight wasn’t available until the following night 8 pm so we were there 24hours. No shower, no food and no bed. My 2 yr old and 11 yr old were crying. Nobody apologized. At 8pm the flight was delayed again until 9 pm. I was very stressed, even my blood pressure went up. When we checked in we had to pay for the 3 checked bags and 1 carry on which were already paid for in the beginning. When my daughter called the airline they promised I would be refunded within 7 to 15 business days. After 15 days when I called they said they’re sorry but it was cancelled so the bags were paid for twice. I have travelled with 4 other airlines and never had the experience. This was the first and definitely last with Frontier.
RouteMontego Bay to Raleigh via Orlando
Date FlownAugust 2022

"Poor customer service"

Trip Verified | Frontier lied to me and refused to refund me for a less than $100 ticket. All of my friends flew Spirit while I flew Frontier. They had no issues but here I am disgruntled. Upon reaching the gate and waiting to board, shortly before boarding, the reservation agent made an announcement that the flight was full so she had 12 free tickets for the first 12 customers to get in line who were willing to sit in the emergency row. I was one of the 12 and she printed me (and the other 11) a new boarding pass which I used for the flight. Despite calling, chatting, using the feedback form, and filing a formal complaint, Frontier has refused to refund me for the flight I paid for as if anyone would scam a $78 flight when my return trip cost double and I provided both boarding passes. Do not trust anything that they say. Poor customer service and deceit. It is the principal of the matter. I am a public school educator. I have no reason to scam an airline for a $78 flight when I have proof of my claim. I have lost all faith in their integrity.
RouteHouston to Las Vegas
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"I’d recommend them if you are trying to save money"

Trip Verified | We flew Frontier to from SNA to CLE to visit Ohio for my cousins wedding. I was with my Dad. I am a college student with a tight schedule. We connected in Las Vegas, and waited 4 hours for a connection. (We would have flown Spirit to CLE via LAS) but by the time I knew my school schedule Spirit’s price has drastically increased, so we settled with Frontier for a better price). We knew that going in so that was an inconvenience for us, but that was the airlines schedule, so they are not at fault here. They were nice and the flights were smooth. We did not purchase a seat for the flight from SNA TO LAS leg and they put us in row 8D and 8E. Contrary to what others say, they put us is in row 8 and kept us together. We got to our destination safety, so it was a good experience. I’d recommend them if you are trying to save money and know what you are getting into in advance. The only thing with Frontier is if you try to call them, they’ll ask questions and lead to the conclusion of visiting their website, then they hang up. No one ever answered. If you do manage to talk, the hold music is extremely annoying. Other than that, flight was nice, clean plane, and that’s that! Both flights were on time, with the second leg arriving pretty early! We lucked out with me being a student in college on a tight schedule and flying an ULCC!
AircraftA321 from LAS-CLE
RouteOrange County to Cleveland via Las Vegas

"Worst airline ever!"

Not Verified | Worst airline ever! Our trip was canceled with absolutely no notice. They even charged us an additional $276 when we checked in the day before our flight for carry-on bags and seat selections, which is ridiculous by itself. We show up to the airport only to be casually told our flight doesn't exist anymore. Over $1200 spent on tickets only to be told they can only refund our money in a week or two. We booked this trip a year ago and lost all of our hotel reservation money..etc because they ever bothered to tell us they canceled our flight. They truly did not care and did absolutely nothing to help us get a flight to our destination. If you want to go somewhere, choose a different airline than Frontier.
RouteDenver to Columbus
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"could not bring a small carry on"

Not Verified | Orlando to La Guardia. The worst airline, could not bring a small carry on without purchasing it. My personal purse is the only thing I could bring. I already purchased the ticket and now have to pay for a carry on! Highway robbery!
RouteOrlando to La Guardia
Date FlownSeptember 2022

"Never will I ever book with Frontier again"

Not Verified | An “act of god” preventing 5 of us from flying Atlanta to Antigua. This flight was booked in July for August. This was going to be our first flight of many with frontier to Antigua for business. My mother died. I was one of her caretakers. We could not leave with her being hospitalized. She died the day we were suppose to travel. They offered us a full credit which must be booked in 90 days. Frontier is now not flying from Atlanta to Antigua the rest of this year or next year. They refuse to extend this credit offer. It is completely unacceptable to not extend or offer us a full refund. I provided doctor letter then death certificate and still denying everything we ask. Customer service will never transfer us to a manager and continue to tell us to email which we are doing and get the same answer every time. Never will I ever book with Frontier again. This deserves exposure.
RouteAtlanta to Antigua
Date FlownAugust 2022

"absolutely the worst experience"

Trip Verified | Orlando to New York. On 9/22/2022 my friends and I were getting ready to head to the airport. Due to weather conditions our flight was canceled. We decided to call Frontier to reschedule our flight for January, they insisted on charging us $100 fee per person. My friends and I lasted over 2 hours waiting to speak to someone and received almost zero assistance. We thought the process would have been easier since we purchased insurance for our flights. Due to the cancellation and the horrible service provided by Frontier, I spent my birthday being on the phone with customer care trying to find a resolution and at the very least, empathy. The customer service representative never provided their name and would repeatedly hang the phone the moment we tried to explain why we wanted to cancel/reschedule. This was absolutely the worst experience I’ve had with an airline and I certainly would not recommend anyone book with a flight with Frontier. Save your time and money.
RouteOrlando to New York

"Worse Customer Service"

Trip Verified | Flight was delayed 3.5 hours taking off from TPA. Gate agent made announcement that Planning Group for Frontier had made arrangements for all connection flights to be made. Once arrived in Denver, missed connection flight to MSO. Frontier customer service said we would be put on next flight out, which was 3 days later. No effort was made to get us on another airline, no effort was made for food, hotel. Customer service just stated "couldn't help us with that". Had to purchase another ticket on another airline. Frontier said they would refund us $200/ticket (2 tickets were purchased), yet we only received $178 refund. Customer service thru their website said they couldn't do anything about that, we would have to work it out with Customer Service in Denver, yet they could not give us a phone number to talk to them. Our flight was at 7:30 am from TPA, once we were all loaded up they discovered a maintenance issue. They deplaned us, and moved us to another gate. After a short wait another plane pulled up, but no passengers got off of plane. Passengers joked "They pulled it out of Maintenance". We boarded the new plane, and before take off pilot made an announcement "Plane was in for Maintenance, and the Maintenance had not been done". We deplaned again. After Maintenance was complete, we boarded again. We understand Maintenance issues happen, but to not help their passengers that are affected by their delays is not acceptable. Worse Customer Service I have ever worked with!!
RouteTampa to Missoula via Denver

"a $79 bag check fee"

Trip Verified | Lines were long, bag limit size has decreased, and customer service is rude. Recommend flying anything other than this airline. The low flight costs, are countered with a $79 bag check fee. Can’t say enough negative things about this airline and regret every stepping aboard one of their planes.
RouteTampa to Dallas