Frontier Airlines

"pay more for better airline"

Trip Verified | One of the most low-quality airlines in the United States. It is funny that they did not accept me as a documented disabled US Army veteran, but they do take any random person claiming as disabled bc they pay more! Regardless of location, the gate representatives are mean, disrespectful, and just looking for excuses to charge passengers more. They can even communicate with passengers as usual. Airline intentionally separates passengers to charge for change of seat! In advance, this airline has no respect for active duty, and men or women in service only care about passengers, who they call "value passengers" bc they pay more. I dont recommend this airline to any one specially my brothers, and sisters in service do a favor to self and pay more for better airline.
RouteTampa to Atlanta
Date FlownJune 2024

"Fly Spirit over Frontier"

Trip Verified | Cancelled my flight from Denver to Orlando. Called customer care. Was told by an agent that if I contact Frontier and file a complaint, I will get reimbursed by Frontier. Agent (useless) told me that he could only give me 10k miles per passenger. Back and forth for several emails and no resolve. Fly Spirit over Frontier.
AircraftA321 Neo
RouteDenver to Orlando
Date FlownMay 2024

"nickel and diming everyone"

Trip Verified | We arrived at their kiosk and had a bag for our son we needed to check and we were charged 200 dollars for one bag. Our flight cost us 495. I am not sure how they can justify charging such a high rate for a bag. Then we attempted to change 0ur flight till the next day and they wanted to charge us another 600 dollars. They don't offer any snack or drinks without charging. They advertise as being affordable and are the complete opposite. They charge for everything nickel and diming everyone. I would rather pay 1000 to another airline before I will ever fly on Frontier airline again. These guys take full advantage of every passenger and to top it off their planes aren't even comfortable. What gives them the right to take advantage of people? It's horrible customer service to top it off. I will file a complaint anywhere someone will listen. This is how upset they have made myself and my husband and I'm sure this will be swept under the rug without a care in the world by this company. They could care less about you their customer.
RouteAtlanta to Chicago
Date FlownMay 2024

"They have a lot to improve"

(Puerto Rico)

Trip Verified | Leg room 0 Seat comfort 0 Entertainment (TV movies) 0 Customer service 0 Value for money 0 Check-in and boarding 0 Cleanliness 10 excellent Respect to the client 1 They have a lot to improve. | Espacio para las piernas 0 Comodidad del asiento 0 Entretenimiento ( TV movies) 0 Atención al cliente 0 Relación calidad- precio 0 Facturación y embarque 0 Limpieza 10 excellent Respect to the client 1 They have a lot to improve.
RouteOrlando to Aguadilla
Date FlownJune 2024

"avoid the unpleasantness"

Not Verified | Rating 1 because 0 isn't an option. Can confirm, customer service does NOT serve the customer. All they care about is the company's bottom line. Flights delayed (DEN-MCO) and canceled (MCO-DEN) and passengers left to bear the brunt the consequences. Nevermind if you're flying with young children. And they go so far out of their way to get around having to talk to anyone on the phone. Never again making the mistake of using this cheap unscrupulous airline. We'll pay a little more to anyone else just to avoid the unpleasantness.
RouteOrlando to Denver
Date FlownMay 2024

"Bravo to Frontier Airlines"

Trip Verified | My husband and I had front row seats on our flight back from Mexico, and before we took off, a little girl (4 years old) 2 rows behind us threw up (in a bag). The Mom got up, proceeded to the Flight Attendant at the front and told her about their daughter getting sick and could she toss the bag. The Mom said she does this before flying due to nerves. Events that happened next. Flight Attendant asked parents several questions (kind, concerned and very professional). -Pilot came out to talk to the parents (very kind and professionalism). Pilot then came back out with a Doctor on the phone and the Doctor asked parents questions. All of this to insure the safety of their daughter and to make sure this was a one off and there would not be escalated issues while in the air and for our safety as well. Questions included where were they from, where have they been. We were delayed maybe 15/20 minutes. You do not always get the full story of when things happen on flights and wanted to share. Bravo to Frontier Airlines for handling this situation so well.
RouteCancun to Dallas
Date FlownMay 2024

“customer service is quite terrible”

Trip Verified | My two main complaints is they advertise a price but in the end that's not the price you pay and the second complaint is their customer service is quite terrible. When you pay for a bag it says it costs around $80 for a checked bag one way. In the end, you end up paying over $200 in extra fees and that's just for one way. They charge you for talking to an agent too. On our return flight, my daughter and I were literally two minutes late beyond the checked bag cut-off time. At first, the representative said he could get us on the flight but our bags would need to go on another flight. We were okay with that but then a woman behind him gave us a hard no and told us we couldn't get on the flight and we would have to pay for another flight. At that point, I was so sick of Frontier that I booked tickets home on Southwest which is what I should have done originally. Frontier managed to ruin our family vacation and separate my family because adult kids did not have checked bags and were able to get on the flight. My family will never again fly Frontier. It's not worth it. In the end, we spent way more than what we would have spent if we had just flown Southwest and we would have had much better service.
RouteDenver to Orlando
Date FlownMay 2024

"never fly with this airline again"

Trip Verified | Never fly with this airline again. They do not put you together although, you get tickets in same transaction. They charge you extra for that. I have a personal item bag that I take to all my flights with me and here they charged me 99 bucks for it as a carry-on, while it’s not a carry-on. They treat you so rude and bad. The carry on places above our head are not organized and you don’t see any room to place your stuff, however there is room available. I would never fly with this airline again. You get it to be cheaper and it ends up much higher than good airlines.
RouteLas Vegas to Ontario
Date FlownMay 2024

"never fly Frontier again"

Trip Verified | My flight was delayed because of maintenance. There was a thunderstorm coming into Dallas. We had to hold our altitude for an extra hour. We finally landed 1 1/2 hours late. I have now been sitting on the runway waiting for a gate. I have been sitting here for literally 1:45 minutes. All the other airlines are going to a gate. Seriously, why are we still sitting here. This was such a terrible management call from frontier. Why make us sit for 2 hours with the engine exhaust blowing in the air conditioner. I will never fly Frontier again!
RouteOrlando to Dallas
Date FlownMay 2024

"never fly Frontier again"

Trip Verified | This airline is known for cheap tickets and horrible customer service and no one to talk to if anything goes wrong. Case in point , I arrived on time , only to be held on the tarmac for over 35minutes due to the fact it was no gate for us to depart off the plane. I get ready to go home only for there to be no gate number on my ticket TSA had issues and got to gate at 6:11pm when the gate said it was closing at 6:15pm I was on time but door was closed. Explained it to a frontier rep. Who clearly was more interested in her cell phone than trying to alert the other person who shut the door it’s still customers trying to board! I was so disappointed which lead me to seek some type of help from someone who has a frontier shirt , not one individual was helpful kept telling me to go on the website, say you want to speak to live rep and do it three times, someone will connect you. After purchasing my ticket from Southwest $153.00 later I got through chat of frontier only to be told you should have gotten to airport early to retrieve your boarding pass. I explained I got it one day early through website but there was no gate number! Can I be partially reimbursed or what about the rude customer rep who shut the door aware it’s people still standing there. I will never fly Frontier again and warn people to not fly or patron this airline. Do not attempt to fly and get respect from a place who does not and will not be held accountable.
AircraftBoeing