Frontier Airlines

"you will not receive a refund"

Not Verified | Buy the insurance. If your travel plans are canceled due to a global pandemic, you will not receive a refund and you must use your travel credit within 90 days. Works out great when your original plans are postponed a year. The customer service reps are rude and will refuse to let you speak with a supervisor.
RouteChicago to Punta Cana

"was denied boarding"

Trip Verified | I am shocked with what has happened to me. My flight was schedule to depart 9:40PM with gate closing at 9:25 PM. I had done the checK- in and got to the airport at 830PM. I had scanned my ticket at the security check point, so they knew I was at the airport. What happened is that I was at the wrong terminal. I had flown frontier several times and assumed I was in the right terminal, but they had transferred to a different place. I ran as fast as I could and arrive at the gate at 9:25 and was denied boarding because they close the gate 3 min earlier - the staff probably wanted to go home and didn't bother to wait and I had checked in. When calling the support they said they couldn't do anything because it was a 'No Show' even I telling the entire story. Never again I will fly with this disgusting company.
RouteAustin to Las Vegas
Date FlownJuly 2020

"they said I had lost my money"

Not Verified | Frontier has a policy due to COVID that you have to call back in 90 days to rebook your flight if you cancel. In those 90 days my family members got infected with COVID and I couldn't call the company to rebook my flight I had clearly other priorities in my life. The expiration date was June 20th. When I called on July 4th they said I had lost my money $1,605. How can a company be so unhearted and not understand that from March till today our lives have been flipped upside down!! Our country is still struggling with the wave of disaster of this virus yet Frontier is seating very relax just taking people's money away in a time like this. If they wanted to help they would had but they didn't. If they wanted to help they would had refunded the money from the beginning and not deal with expiration dates but they didn't. Be aware that there are companies out there doing this just like Frontier.
RouteAtlanta to San Juan
Date FlownApril 2020

"I am shocked and frustrated"

Trip Verified | Our booked direct flight on 23 July of 5,5 hours was changed without my approval or confirmation to a non-direct flight of 14.5 hours! So because Frontier cancelled our direct flight, I wanted to cancel the flight without any cost. I tried to phone them, but it is disconnected all the time. I am from the Netherlands, Europe and I am still not allowed to enter the USA because of covid-19. So when I got a email (below) yesterday from Frontier with my name and booking number and that I could cancel my flight and I would keep the full amount of my tickets for new tickets I did. Then I got a confirmation email of the cancellation that the fee was 316 dollars and they took it from my ticket price! How is this possible. They send an email that I could cancel! I am shocked and frustrated!
RouteNew York to Las Vegas
Date FlownJuly 2020

"not want to give me my money back"

Not Verified | I have had Frontier Airlines make changes to my flight 10 times and I’m not even exaggerating. I had originally purchased 5 nonstop round trip flights max 4 hours from NY to Cancun I have kids. They have now been changed to Philadelphia airport because there is no availability in NY on my departure date. The rep even wanted me to pay 200/ticket difference. The times have changed multiple times and are now connecting from Philadelphia to Denver back to Cancun not to mention these are overnight flights. The date of my arrivals have changed completely. They do not want to give me my money back. I would run far far away from this company.
RoutePhiladelphia to Cancun
Date FlownJuly 2020

"Would not recommend Frontier"

Trip Verified | Was pushed into cancelling my flight during Covid 19. They wouldn’t give me a refund to my credit card even thought people from NJ weren’t allowed into Florida . In the end they did cancel my flight but still would give me a credit. Wanted me to use the credit in 90 days but Covid 19 still going on. When spoke to them on phone got disconnected several times after half hour wait then was told not able to speak to a manager. Would not recommend Frontier to anyone. Very shady airline.
RouteTrenton to Tampa
Date FlownApril 2020

"Never more I use Frontier"

Trip Verified | Two tickets lost in Frontier Airlines, they don't answer the phone, in one i cancelled supposedly they should deposit 30 dollars for apologizing, never money back for my son, it's ok these things doing. Buy my tickets week before day my flight is changed, but other ticket in other airline but Frontier one day before confirm my tickets try call and send email but nothing. Never more I use Frontier.
RouteGuadalajara to Fresno
Date FlownJune 2020

"took advantage of so many people"

Trip Verified | Had a trip scheduled for March which was canceled due to covid-19. Was given a credit which had to be used in 90 days. Because there were no flights and or the country still locked down my credit was expiring and was told they would extend it but I had to wait until the day it expired. That day couldn't get through phone system just shut me off and said that call volume was too high. After many failed attempts I finally got through after 5 days and was told they couldn't extend because it was expired and they would not renew. Now this is a service I paid for and did not get but they don't care. They have zero care for customers as I'm not the only one with this exact same issue. I once felt this was a good company but now their true colors shine and took advantage of so many people during this situation we are all in
RouteMilwaukee to Tampa
Date FlownMarch 2020

"experience has been a nightmare"

Not Verified | I have three issues with Frontier airlines. The first is that when I was exposed to COVID a few days before a flight, they would not issue a full refund to my card despite the unique circumstances the virus has created so I was forced to lose several hundred dollars and cancel a flight. Also they gave me a partial refund and held what they did give me so I had to use it at Frontier. My second issue is their lack of customer service. When I did try to use the funds for another flight, they charged my card for the flight I booked but their website bugged out and I received no confirmation about my flight besides my card being charged. All of their phones are disable so I had no way of reaching anyone so I had to dig through their website to find a link to file a complaint. It took 2 weeks to get a response from anyone there and all they did was say the bare minimum and send me my confirmation. My final issue is now that I have the flight confirmation 2 weeks after I booked it (remember they immediately charged my card and took my money) its not what I booked. And my flight is in a week. I tried using their website to change the flights but it keeps logging me out and is making it very difficult to change anything without a hard confirmation of what I am actually changing. So now I'm stuck with the flight they decided to give me with absolutely nothing I can do about it because I can't wait 2 weeks to get an email from customer service and can't get anyone on the phone to figure it out. I cannot stand this airline and this whole experience has been a nightmare. I am going to make sure everyone I know hears about this because this is absolutely pathetic.
RouteDenver to Atlanta
Date FlownJuly 2019

"Frontier refuses to make it right"

Not Verified | Was flying from Orlando to San Diego back in Nov 2019. Boarded the planE and sat on the runway for half an hour while maintenance came to check out an issue. Cool, they are fixing the problem. Maintenance left and we took off. Cool, they must have fixed the problem and sent us safely on our way. I'm going to sleep. Wake up 3 hours later to learn that we have been flying in circles over the gulf of Mexico this whole time because the problem wasn't fixed and we needed to burn gas to land back in Orlando. Took them 4 hours to then find us a place to stay, rebook us and provide us with a voucher. Not too cool, but they took care of us a little. The voucher provided required me to book a flight by May 2020. Then COVID hit, and I couldn't plan on traveling anywhere. Surely Frontier would understand this and extend the expiration date of my voucher. Wrong! It doesn't matter that I literally couldn't plan on booking a trip between February and July, since I didn't use that voucher by May I lost it and Frontier refuses to make it right. We have seen companies do amazing things to ease the impact of this pandemic. Frontier is not one of those companies. If Frontier is one of the airlines that makes it through this, I won't be giving them any more of my business.
RouteOrlando to San Diego