Frontier Airlines

"avoid flying with them again"

Trip Verified | Frontier Airlines' customer service is nonexistent and shows no appreciation for their customers. There is no complimentary tea, coffee or water. It is not possible to print your boarding pass, not from a computer at home or at the kiosk when you get there. When I could not print my boarding pass from home, I assumed I could print it out when I got there from the kiosk but that was not an option. I was told if I wanted it printed out the charge would be $25. I had to put the App on my phone at the airport in order to board. For those reasons and a bigger one - that you cannot call and talk to a live representative - I will avoid flying with them again.
RouteOrlando to Las Vegas
Date FlownFebruary 2023

"worst customer service"

Not Verified | Worst Airline Ever. First I paid upfront for a seat upgrade, only for my flight to be canceled, 45 minutes before boarding. Then I asked my flight attendant, she told me they were over booked, and my upgrade was invalid, then asked how to get a refund, she said to call customer service, easy enough, right? Only customer service is all automated, so you can imagine how that went. Then I thought, I would ask for some sort of compensation for having to stay another night in Vegas @$250+ a night. Once again not even worth the time and frustration/disappointment. So in conclusion, I will never fly Frontier again, worst customer service, by far the worst experience I've had flying. One more thing I paid for WiFi and I didn't work, for half the flight that had paid for it.
RouteMilwaukee to Las Vegas
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"not worth their horrible service"

Trip Verified | When our Zone (Zone 1) was called to board and our boarding pass was scanned, we were told that we were bumped until the next day as the flight was overweight and there had been no volunteers to fly next day! We had one carry on and one personal item. It is not our fault Frontier let people check the multitude of large, heavy baggage! There were a total of 10 passengers that were told they would have to fly next day! We were called to the boarding desk and they stated they were able to get us on the flight as another passenger volunteered to fly next day. We were given our boarding pass but we were not in our original seats we PAID for. The staff response was they needed our original seats for wheelchair passengers. UM, we PAID extra for those seats they shouldn’t have been available for anyone to purchase! We were then told that they would refund us. The crap show did not stop there. The refund was placed as a credit and the system would not let us check in for our return home as it stated we had a balance due! It was a CREDIT not a balance due. We had to buy a service we already had in order to get rid of the credit so we could check in! You can’t have any type of help as you are charged a fee. Frontier fees their passengers to death! This was a direct flight: No complementary beverages, i.e. soda, water juice; no in-flight internet or entertainment – You PAY for everything!! This will be the last time we fly with Frontier, the direct flight is not worth their horrible service!
RouteKansas City to Cancun
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"customer service is paramount and this wasn't it"

Trip Verified | Pleasant flight from Bush Intercontinental, desk agents were great even though I had a gift bag with me. However, leaving Denver Colorado with a shopping bag of things I had purchased, thinking ok. Houston was fine. So I have my personal bag and a shopping bag, small not too big at all. The gate attendant was rude, condescending and no compassion whatsoever. In my world customer service is paramount and this wasn't it. I took flight 760 and all employees servicing this flight was horrible. By the way, I had to pay $99 for a small shopping bag. Unacceptable.
RouteDenver to Houston
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"Frontier didn't help us at all"

Trip Verified | Frontier canceled my flight today at 3pm, it's 11pm and I'm still here, I'll be here till 8am in the morning, why you ask? Well because Frontier didn't help us at all and just stranded us here. I had to spend $300 to get a ticket with another carrier and the soonest was 8am in the morning. They have a hotel in this airport but nope they wouldn't get us a room. Many restaurants nope no food either. They are horrible.
RouteSan Antonio to Orlando
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"complete lack of organization and communication"

Trip Verified | The most disorganized airline ever. My fiancé and I were scheduled to fly out of Cancun to Chicago on January 4, 2023 on Frontier Airlines flight 45. We checked in ourselves and our luggage and then went to the departure gate about an hour before boarding time and heard other passengers talking about a flight cancellation. We then checked our app and saw that my ticket said canceled but that of my fiancé said nothing. We had received two emails about flight delays, but neither of us got one in reference to the cancellation. Due to this confusion, we began searching the airport for a Frontier Agent but could not find anyone. We then went back down to the check in counter where a Frontier Agent told us to wait at a different counter for instructions on how to rebook as well as find our luggage. After an hour, we were told to once again pass through security and go to our original departure gate. When we got there, a Frontier Agent was present but told us that she had no information and that we should go back to the original check in counter. We ran back down, were told to go back up and so once again passed through security and returned to the same gate. At that point, we were told to go to yet another gate on another level where we waited an hour only to be told to go back to the original gate. At that point, we were notified that we could not be placed on a flight until January 9th so it was up to us to figure it out. We were then escorted to our suitcases which required us to go through both passport control and security. As we were not offered a reasonable alternative from Frontier (we did not have an extra 5 days to spare), we booked a ticket on Southwest for $932.08. We had to once again go through the whole check in process and security. Frontier has only agreed to compensate us for $422.66 of this ticket cost as the delay was weather related. The refund was supposedly processed on 1/5/2023 but as of today, 1/28/2023 it still have not been processed. The complete lack of organization and communication has given us the worst travel experience ever.
RouteCancun to Chicago
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"You're not saving any money"

Not Verified | It costs more for your baggage to fly than the people. Carry on + checked bag + seat assignment is $160 per person. Industry standard weight limit for checked bags is 50lbs - they drop it down to 40lbs and charge you an additional $50 if you're over that, which is damn near guaranteed. Then they charge you $3.50 for a soda and it feels like you're riding a not so well cared for bus. Flight delayed twice and we were told it was because they were having trouble finding crew to staff the flight. They have this scam pretty well figured out. Now you know to save yourself some aggravation and just fly one of the legit airlines. You're not saving any money here.
RouteChicago to Cancun
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"First and last time flying with Frontier"

Trip Verified | First and last time flying with Frontier airlines on 01/05. I purchased tickets through Priceline in November for a straight through flight to Phoenix. The aircraft I was supposed to board with the flight number they gave me on my boarding pass was destined for Las Vegas and one of the Frontier ticket agents on that floor near the gate I was supposed to board at “fixed” my flight and their supposed error in the system. “You’re on the manifest for Las Vegas but not Phoenix let me call my manager and we’ll get this fixed”. I walked all over that airport to try and make this flight they changed the gate twice and had to go to the corrected gate after given the new boarding pass. Apparently, not that I was told, I was put on standby and after getting aboard and getting comfy was kicked off and then when they were kicking me off was told I was on standby. (And that they had overbooked the PHX flight and I was pushed to a flight to Las Vegas … with no second boarding pass from Las Vegas to Phoenix. how would that have even worked I wonder?) Apparently NONREV is for standby, I had no clue. No hotel voucher, however they did get me a flight the next day with a connecting flight in CO. The next morning that flight was delayed by like an hour but I was told by the ticket agent that I was on standby and it was a full flight so I just decided to go home, get some sleep and cry that whole weekend.
RouteAtlanta to Phoenix
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"Worst airline I have ever flown"

Not Verified | Worst airline I have ever flown on. They lost my wife's and I's luggage, delayed or cancelled every single flight we were on, and had awful customer service. We were going to a friend's wedding in Chicago and our original flight out of Phoenix was 'disrupted' by over 3 hours causing us to miss our connecting flight in Orlando. After standing in line for 3 hours in Orlando because they were severely understaffed to rebook our connecting flight, they told us the only flight we could get out on today was landing in the other Chicago Airport. We were told our luggage would make it there, but after arriving it never came. We filed a claim but lost all of our clothes and items needed for the wedding. When returning from Chicago they cancelled our flight and told me my only option was to travel to the other Chicago Airport and catch a flight there (which also ended up getting delayed). When arriving in Las Vegas (our layover) we attempted to get our boarding passes for our Phoenix flight. We found out the employee from Chicago cancelled our connecting flight and gave us a one way ticket to Las Vegas. When we explained the situation that it wasn't our fault, the employee said there was nothing he could do because the flight had been over sold by 17 tickets. We were placed on stand by for a flight I booked 3 months in advance because an employee messed up. I never write reviews but I hope someone reads this so they never experience the horrible business practices of Frontier. Spend the extra money for a reliable airline, I will never fly or recommend Frontier ever again.
RoutePhoenix Sky Harbor to Chicago O'Hare
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"not be flying this airline again"

Not Verified | I am not a fan of this airline. The first time I flew with them boarding started and an alarm went off causing a 20 mins delay before boarding started back up. The second time flying with them, I was heading back to the military base where I am stationed and they refused to give a family pass to my mom because I am not ”leaving for deployment today” even though I’m scheduled to leave for a deployment soon. This is also the only airline that I have ever flown that doesn’t give active duty military the option to board early. Along with this the people I dealt with in getting my bags checked and boarding passes didn’t ask me how many bags I wanted to check - I wanted to check both bags but they went and printed only one tag without ever asking me) and were very rude towards me. Will not be flying this airline again. I’d rather pay a little more money to get the better service.
RouteDenver to Fayetteville