Frontier Airlines

Customer rating from 1943 reviews

"The employees were nowhere to be found"

Not Verified | Absolutely horrible! The employees were nowhere to be found! We weren’t late they just didn’t bother to show up! Got told about other flights that didn’t exist! All of the other airlines were helpful and kept having to page Frontier employees to the check in desk. Finally, we got our flight rebooked (no employee could help us get to our original flight) not even by a Frontier employee! Ridiculous! When we called customer service and asked for the supervisor she simply said “I understand, there’s nothing I can do.” So I had to change my flight and rentals and housing and I have to stay at another hotel with the money that I do not have! Never again will I fly with Frontier and neither should any of you.
RouteBoston to Denver
Date FlownApril 2021

"forced me to pay for extra bag"

Trip Verified | I had a 23"x16x10 bag weighing 30 pounds. carry-on at the gate, Paid! The attendant said was too big and forced me to pay for extra bag. I tried arguing that was in the right sizes of my ticket but the table he used was the regular one 22"x16x10. And that downstairs it worked just fine. He got very upset and no talk was possible the value was $110 for my and my husband's bags. I thought was ok to pay and then today call and explain the incident and get a refund or credit. For my shock, nothing could be done. The lady in the phone said: No refund or credit even if I have proof my carry on was the right size. So careful guys because if they decide change the rules at the gate and make you pay more you have no rights to fight about there or at the phone later. My original tickets $85 dollars. What I paid? $370. After all they only want give me a voucher with less then half what I paid at the gate valid for 6 months.
RouteChicago to Las Vegas
Date FlownMarch 2021

"voucher for future travel instead of a refund"

Trip Verified | I booked a flight through Frontier for June 5th. The flight was cancelled as of today, April 1st, and there is not another flight available on that date between the two cities. I accept that. What I can't accept is that the ticket is non-refundable but the airline cancelled it and not me - and they are only giving me a one year voucher for future travel instead of a refund. How is that an incentive to ever book a Frontier flight again?
RouteReno to Las Vegas
Date FlownApril 2021

"the worst flight experience"

Not Verified | This was the worst flight experience I've ever had. Me and my 2 friends were going on a snowboard trip. We missed our first flight even though we were in line, 1 person in-between me and baggage check. And the lady took the person infront of mines bag. But told me it had hit 45ims before the flight and I couldn't check my bags. So they rebooked us (thank goodness we bought the insurance) 12 hrs later. So we chopped it up and dealt with it. Made our next flight. Got to LAX, fast forward 6 days. We get to the Frontier bag check about 55 minutes before our flight. And it was No one there. So 2nd flight missed. We pay $59 each to switch it but didn't know she switched it to another airport. Long story short we made it home 3 flights , 48 hours and $500 extra later.
RouteRaleigh Durham to Los Angeles
Date FlownMarch 2021

"not recommend Frontier Airlines"

Not Verified | We had our flight all booked with Frontier Airlines in May 2020. Because of covid19 our trip was canceled by the airline. Frontier Airlines would not refund my money instead they gave me points. They also told me that there would be no restrictions on those points. Since then I have tried using those points and I tried to book a flight to Pittsburgh from Charlotte North Carolina and I could only get that date if I paid money they wouldn’t allow me to use points. I would not recommend Frontier Airlines for anything. Actually I have tried several times to book with points and no flights were available.
RouteCharlotte NC to Fresno, CA
Date FlownMay 2020

"Customer service was horrible no care and no compassion"

Not Verified | Never made it on the flight. Waited for an hour get to the counter they said they called for our flight. We did not hear, they called on one side of the room and did not bother to repeat on the other side so everyone can hear. No intercom. They said we might have a chance to go to boarding, he did not check our bags so we got to boarding they told us we had to go back to check bags. We missed the flight, they said next flight was the next day. Customer service was horrible no care and no compassion. Gave us a number to call for refund, talk to about three people two were supervisors who told me there was nothing they can do and they did not give refund nor make any accommodations nothing. Frontier Airlines customer service is horrible, the worst customer service I’ve ever had. Would not recommend this airline to no one. When things go wrong they will keep your money.
RouteChicago to Las Vegas
Date FlownMarch 2021

"Frontier are experts in lousy customer service and arrogance"

Not Verified | Never again! Frontier are experts in lousy customer service and arrogance. They did not respond to my email. Ground staff could not care less. The plane was crowded and dirty. The seat gave me a backache, it was so hard with little recline. Found a used napkin/tissue in the seat back.
RouteLos Angeles to Denver
Date FlownMarch 2021

"never fly again with this airline"

Not Verified | up 2 hours early to check in my bag as I had checked in 24 hours prior. I got to Orlando and they lost my bag. Called 3 days later spoke with a supervisor was supposed to get call next day .. nothing. 4th day was supposed to get call from next department .. nothing. Still no bag. Refuses to pay ubers to get back and forth to get new clothes. Who knows when i will be reimbursed. First vacation in 2 years ruined. All money spent on new stuff and cant take time to call. Will never fly again with this airline.
RouteBoston to Orlando
Date FlownMarch 2021

"the worst airline I've ever used"

Not Verified | By far the worst airline I've ever used. Had problems with our purchased baggage, wait times, employee attitude, etc.. Currently have been waiting 40mins for an employee at the baggage check in counter. Not too mention only airline that doesn't offer benefits with their services. Pilot is the only one I have no issues with whatsoever.
RoutePhoenix AZ to Oklahoma City, OK
Date FlownMarch 2021

"would not let us board our flight"

Trip Verified | This airline would not let us declare a firearm at the ticket counter, would not let us board our flight and then blamed us for “being late” (we were there over two hours in advance). A customer service representative cussed at us over the phone. We were stranded in Orlando for hours, never given any compensation even after over 9 hours of speaking with employees and making phone calls. Spent over 600 dollars of our own money to fly with a different airline to get home with no way of getting compensated for this.
RouteOrlando to Indianapolis