Frontier Airlines

"absolutely no way I will fly Frontier again"

Trip Verified | At this point I will never use Frontier again. My first time was absolutely horrible and their way of making it right was by sending us a $25 voucher that has to be used within 90 days. The attendants and check in staff were unprofessional in speaking with customers and on multiple occasions they rolled their eyes at the customers on both my departing and arriving flights. I let it go because I wasn’t going to make a big deal on our much awaited for trip. Well, on our flight back, there were at least 4 flights leaving to different cities that morning that so many people had to rebook because the check in and bag drop lines were taking for ever. Rebooking wasn’t possible for 2-3 days! Missed work/shorted paychecks, extended child care, additional hotel fees and so on that we had to deal with and take on. I was finally able after multiple attempts to check in on my phone while waiting in line but it didn’t matter because practically all lines were at a stand still. Those that made it through the line were stuck at TSA and still had to rebook due to missing their flight. I will be calling to dispute the $25 voucher as at this point there is absolutely no way I will fly Frontier again so the voucher does me no good.
RouteLas Vegas to Dallas Ft Worth
Date FlownNovember 2021

"Never again will I travel with Frontier"

Not Verified | Lost flight. Never again will I travel with Frontier. Low staff. Super long wait at express bag. One employee only at the counter. Many passengers list their flights. We did everything right. We checked in day before, got our bag tag at the kiosk. Arrived at least 4 hours prior - my recommendation if you want to use frontier.
RouteOrlando to Philadelphia
Date FlownNovember 2021

"we lost our flight, car rental, and hotel"

Trip Verified | I arrived at the airport at 4.50 am my flight was at 6.00am. After waiting in the main line for 10 minutes, one of the staff at check in says Miami, and makes a come this way hand gesture so my wife and I left the line we were at and went around to the line the staff that called for Miami was at. After getting to that line the staff called for the Orlando flight and took those passenger ahead, we waited in line. After finally getting to the staff, he told us the gate had closed, there was nothing he could do. Because of the misguidance, the lack of communication, and incompetence of the staff we lost our flight, car rental, and hotel. The manager we spoke to said that the staff called for Miami several times, we only heard them call for Miami only once.
RouteChicago to Miami

"Would never fly again"

Trip Verified | Probably the worst experience I’ve ever had with an airplane. Flight did not leave on time, and then it took an hour and 20 mins to receive bags on an hour and 50 mins flight. Would never fly again.
RouteOrlando to Newark
Date FlownNovember 2021

"Not helpful, not reliable, not customer centric"

Not Verified | Flight has been delayed 5 hours. Called 800 number and lady was difficult to understand and not helpful. They gave our friends on the same flight two vouchers. We got nothing! Not helpful, not reliable, not customer centric! I will never fly this airline again. How are they still on business!?
RouteLas Vegas to Indianapolis
Date FlownNovember 2021

"have the worst customer service"

Trip Verified | They are thieves. I bought my ticket at 3:00 pm on 11/2/2021 and canceled the next morning at 8:00 am . When I bought my ticket it says that I have 24 hours to canceled without penalty. I canceled on their web page and they are not giving me credit or refund on my ticket. They do not say anything when you are canceling the ticket, they send an email afterward telling you that they are keeping the money. I called couple times and they refused to give me credit or refund the money. If you do not want to have a bad moment do not buy ticket with them. Also they charge too much for carry on and seat selection. They have the worst customer service.
RouteOrlando to Providence,
Date FlownNovember 2021

"staff keep talking so loud"

Trip Verified | Our family took the night flight from DEN-TYS and its night flight we have long trip from LAS-DEN So we really need a good sleep. But 3 of the staff sitting behind us keep talking so loud. We ok if they keep their voice between them. But their voice was loud and we couldnt take a nap during flighting. This is the first time i had this bad experience. Frontier Airlines need to train their staff .
RouteDenver to Knoxville
Date FlownOctober 2021

"I have never had a company change gates so much"

Not Verified | I took two round trip flights with them in the last two weeks. The first flight was delayed. Total delayed time of 7 hours and not because of bad weather or anything like that, we were not given an explanation and waited there until midnight for the connection flight to arrive at my final destination around 4am. It was horrible especially since my first departure flight was at 6am. As if that wasn’t already bad, during the 7 hours wait, they kept on changing our gate having us walk back and forth. I have never had a company change gates so much. Their gates are always changing, which shows a great lack of organization on their part. The following week, I took a flight with them again, they changed the gate for my connecting flight again, when I asked the lady she gives me the number of the new gate (which she made a mistake on). It was far on the opposite side. I ran to go there with my luggage for the lady at that gate to tell me that the other lady made a mistake and gave me the correct gate (which funnily enough was just 4 gates from where I initially was). There I go running again back to where I was on that opposite side. When I get there they tell me that they had already closed the door and I have to go to customer service for them to change my flight for the next one which is in the afternoon 6 hours away, making me miss my appointment that I had on my arrival at Washington DC. Now when I get to customer service, not only does the agent had a very bad attitude and were condescending, but he asked that I pay $80 for them to put me on that other flight. I called the main customer service line and they tell me that they should be able to waive the fees since it wasn’t my fault. I go back there and let them know about it but the person there insisted that I have to pay and even make it a point to let me know that it is the last spot left and instead of arguing I should make sure that I get it or I will be there in the airport until the next day. Because of the obligations that I had therefore couldn’t afford to get stuck there, I caved and paid. After giving them two chances of round trip flights, I can honestly say that I will never use this airline again.
RouteSalt Lake City to Washington DCA
Date FlownOctober 2021

"low fare of flight is very misleading"

Not Verified | The low fare of flight is very misleading at Frontier Airlines. If you choose a seat you will be charged, if you have a carry on bag you will be charged, you are shown more than once to buy insurance, forget about complimentary snacks or drink (no water) without a credit card charge. The unprofessional staff members are rude and work with bad attitudes. This is a budget airline but that doesn't mean they have the right to create a worse experience than it needs to be by not servicing a paying customer. Avoid this low class airline it is trash.
RouteSan Francisco to Las Vegas

"unfriendly, uncaring airline"

Trip Verified | Visiting cousin in California, July 21,and taking along my new sector skateboard . Could not take on board, so paid the required 44.00 fee for sport baggage. When I arrived in LA, no skateboard, approached several Frontier employees, and they wouldn't: help me look for it or even suggest filing a claim. Exasperated 19 yr old-left airport, called airline missing baggage later- and, newbee took down info.Second call-found all info incorrect- ex. Address, Phone #. How did this happen? Went on line later to file pages of claim info. The hassle begins, 4 months of calling several times a week, emails back n forth. Pestering me on my vacation, 'ex,' we found it- will deliver to you- and it was a "surf board". Found, it shipped to your house; sorry mistake- not your skateboard'. Months of contacting them, and trying to end this nightmare of chaotic useless customer service. And, get my life back. Finally resolved, as of Mid October! Check mailed 6-8 weeks. Talk about customer inconvenience, dissatisfaction. Frontier is a no frills, unfriendly, uncaring airline. When baggage is lost- they hope you get lost in the paperwork, chaos and give up trying to find it or getting settlement (which by the way the loss has been depreciated) Not a win, win, but a lost, loss!
RouteBuffalo to Denver via Los Angeles