Frontier Airlines

Frontier Airlines customer review

My original flight from Chicago was supposed to get me home on Sunday night but was cancelled due to weather despite other airlines flying out. The agents in Chicago were completely unhelpful and utterly lacking in empathy or any semblance of customer service. My only options were a flight two days later (with no food hotel or transportation vouchers provided) or to book with another airline. I didn't have the money to rebook a last minute flight across the county and had to swallow the cost of a cheap nearby hotel with a shuttle. However when I went back to the airport two days later it was to find that my flight was massively delayed due to "weather" again despite other airlines having no problems. This makes no sense to me and makes it appear that Frontier just sticks the words "weather related" in front of any problem to avoid having to take any responsibility for their delays and cancellations. My flight was delayed more than four hours (with no food vouchers offered) and sat on the runway for a further hour and a half with everyone aboard while the plane de-iced. I asked Frontier agents in Chicago before I left that if their delays caused me to miss my connection in Denver if I would be provided a hotel voucher. I was assured that I would. However when I arrived in Denver myself and the 15-20 others who had missed connections were offered no vouchers or assistance but only extremely impatient and disrespectful service from Frontier agents. I ended up sleeping on the floor of the airport waiting until the following night for my flight. I'm currently sitting in the airport waiting for my flight and have just found out that it's of course delayed. I'll never fly it again. The cancellations delays lack of communication disorganization and horrible customer service are absolutely startling.

Frontier Airlines customer review

First they delayed our flight leaving Milwaukee to Denver. Then we miss the connecting to Bozeman. Since Frontier does not and will not work with any other airlines we were stuck in Denver because the next Frontier flight to Bozeman was a day an a half away. Very unhelpful and horrible customer service. The only thing they offered was a discount on the next trip. Will never use this airline again. The connecting flight only needed to wait an extra 15 min for us. No beverage service for a two hour ride.

Frontier Airlines customer review

This nickel and dime airline is the definition of Caveat emptor. In hindsight I should have read the reviews rather than enduring the abominable travel experience between MCO and LAX with a layover in lovely Denver. I can only reiterate what so many have said before. The cheaper price is what hooked me but I would have rather paid the difference for another airline because in the end I probably spent about the same. Frontier reeks of cheapness with no complimentary snacks zero legroom and Direct TV only available to those willing to dish out even more money. The flight attendants barked orders and scowled and the customer service couldn't be more useless. When I asked to move to an earlier flight they informed me it would be an additional $75 per ticket as they do not offer stand-by. So while I wait for my later flight I decided to make good use and warn any curious travelers to avoid this airline at all cost. For me I can say this will definitely be my final Frontier. The best thing I can take away is the valuable lesson to always look before you book.

Frontier Airlines customer review

My husband and I booked two round-trip itineraries from Denver to Ft. Lauderdale last September for travel this coming March. Just 8 days after the booking Frontier changed our flight destination to Miami and we were told they would not provide a way to get us from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale. Despite the added cost and inconvenience we accepted the flight change. Since that time our flight itineraries have changed 3 more times (that's 4 itinerary changes in 4 months and counting). Today we were informed that our non-stop flight has changed to a 3-leg itinerary flying from Denver to Indiana to Alabama to Miami. We are now arriving over five hours late and in a different city! I waited over an hour to speak with an unsympathetic customer service rep (as is typically the case) who could offer no acceptable remedies and no explanation other than "they are making many schedule changes at the moment". Once upon a time I loved this airline! I was one of their elite frequent flyer members and flew them almost exclusively. I don't know what went wrong but over the past decade they have become "a whole different animal" indeed!

Frontier Airlines customer review

Chicago O'Hare to Denver on January 25th flight 1067. My flight was delayed 12 hours because they didn't schedule a pilot. Staff were rude and did nothing for passengers who waited all day. Flight that was supposed to leave at 1.55 pm finally left at 1.15 am. I will never fly Frontier again.

Frontier Airlines customer review

Used to love Flying Frontier but they have really gone downhill. There were 6 of us flying to Vegas on Jan 4th and meeting 2 other family members from other states. We were ready to leave and my sister checked to make sure our flight was on time to find out they had cancelled it due to mechanical problems. No email no phone call nothing. We found out that they no longer affiliated with other airlines so we would have to wait and fly out 24 hrs later! We had already paid for a room in Vegas had 2 people already waiting in Vegas for us and were only going to be in Vegas for 3 nights so we had to rush and book a flight on Delta. Not to mention that on Frontiers flights you have to pay for carryon luggage picking your seats if you want anything to drink. This party of 6 will never fly with Frontier again!

Frontier Airlines customer review

We were supposed to leave Orlando at 9.30am. I checked the website before we left for the airport and it showed a 30 minute delay. By the time we got to the airport it had been pushed back twice more totalling a 1.5 hour delay. I looked at the screens inside the airport to see where the flight stood before we checked our bags. It showed our flight was on time. We went to the ticket counter to check our bags and there was no mention of a delay. We went through security and made our way to our gate. Still no mention of a delay. At the gate our flight didn't show up but instead they had a flight leaving an hour after our scheduled departure. I made my way to the counter and it was the first time Frontier acknowledged there was a delay. After being told nothing I had to keep checking the website for updates. The flight was pushed to 12.00 then to 3.30 then to 6.30 and eventually to 7.30. I did over hear a couple walking away from the counter saying Frontier was flying a part from Denver to Cleveland hoping that would fix the problem. They couldn't arrange for a plane to take us to Cleveland we had to wait for that same plane. The poor folks in Cleveland were in the same boat we were in Orlando. We rebooked on another airline and I lost track of when if ever our original flight left. Last I heard it was delayed 10 hours and counting. They never updated us as we sat waiting and you had to wait an hour plus on the phone to cancel your seat to be eligible for reimbursement. The reimbursement was meagre to say the least. It only covered a fraction of what I paid to fly home.

Frontier Airlines customer review

Flight from Miami to Philadelphia 1/18 after a cruise. Arrived at airport at 11 am for 8.30 pm flight. Couldn't check in bags until 3 hours before flight. Learned flight delayed until 1 am. Checked in bags at 6 for flight told flight delayed until 4 am. Frontier was supposed to text delays but did not. Offered to refund money and cancel our flight but couldn't reschedule us to leave for 3 days. Arrived for 4 am flight delayed until 5 because of "security issues with plane". Never explained delays. Last Frontier flight for us.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I used Orbitz.com to buy round trip tickets from Raleigh to Trenton price was great. No complaints about the flight into Trenton however I was notified hours before it was time to return home that my flight had been cancelled. There were no weather issues the representative could not tell me why the flight had been cancelled. I explained that I had checked out of the hotel and had nowhere to go I asked the Frontier representative to connect me with another airline or to cover my hotel expenses and received no assistance whatsoever. The next available flight was 2 days later. I ended up having to stay in a hotel another night and used AMTRAK to return home that morning. I will never use Frontier again this way of doing business was unexpected and I was totally unprepared. The cheap fare turned out quite costly.

Frontier Airlines customer review

After repeated late and canceled flights I will no longer fly Frontier. Their ticket prices are cheaper but if you can't reach your final destination (like I was unable to) then it ends up costing you more in the long run. After a delayed 3 hour flight and missing my connection I was forced to cancel my trip to Vegas since I couldn't get on another flight for another day and a half! I have never flown on a Frontier flight that has arrived on time yet. Will not use again.