Frontier Airlines

"extremely disappointed in the airfare"

Trip Verified | Flew Tampa to Philadelphia. I was very disappointed with the baggage fees. Website said it was $30 for a checked bag. I went to the counter and had to pay $45 for a bag and then the lady tried to charge me another $45 for a carry on that I wasn't allowed to have. Also plane was delayed by over 1/2 hour. When we finally boarded and left we had to turn around within 45 minutes in the air. We had someone get sick and then the captain also said we had to turn around because they needed to fuel the plane. We were on the plane for over 4 hours total when it was only supposed to 1 hour 50 minutes. They should have offered complimentary drinks but they didn't. I was extremely disappointed in the airfare. Will not travel on Frontier Airlines again.
RouteTampa to Philadelphia

"cancelled at midnight."

Not Verified | Savannah to Philadelphia. They delayed the flight 3 hours and then told us that the flight was cancelled at midnight. They 'promised' a $200 voucher and a hotel room for the night and half of us didn't even get it. Then we were stuck sleeping in the airport. The next flight was 14 hours after the original flight should've left. The workers in the airport were rude and useless. I had to book a different flight with a different airline, which I should've just done in the first place. I guess this is what we do these days - give people the run around.
RouteSavannah to Philadelphia
Date FlownMay 2018

"withheld miles I earned"

Trip Verified | Buffalo to Fort Myers. Frontier is a horrible airline and would not recommend to anyone. Customer service is awful. At the end of a flight they pitch a rewards program to you through a credit card. I had to call 5 times for someone to even help, they then said they are not knowledgeable on the rewards program before telling me I must be confused regarding their promotion and then they even withheld miles I earned with my early returns number. Just a horrible airline and I would fly into an airport farther away just to avoid them in the future.
RouteBuffalo to Fort Myers
Date FlownApril 2018

"airline is a joke"

Trip Verified | Albuquerque to Salt Lake City via Denver. Booked 2 leg flight to Salt Lake City a month ago. Three hours prior to departure, airline alerts me the first leg is delayed five hours. Call customer service and all flights the following day are booked so my options are to cancel flight or sleep in DIA from 3:30AM Friday until mid morning saturday. I cancel flight and abandon trip, losing my hotel accommodations. The moment I cancel my phone notifies me the flight is now only 37 minutes delayed. I call back and wait another 20 minutesnon hold and pay to get back on the flight. This time they charge me $40 dollars more and give me worse seats. I get to the gate in boarding group 1 per my new ticket, and I’m not on the manifest list. I am then the last to board the plane as they figure out their software error. I fly to DIA with the carry on I’ve used for the last 300 flights no issue on any airline. At the connecting gate to SLC, rude gate agent tells me it’s too big (first time ever). I show him it fits in the stupid sizing tester. He still says I must check it. This airline just exists to bulk low income people. It isn’t even cheaper than others once you pay the baggage and other fees for things that just come with service on other airlines. Worst seats and service, worst website. Impossible to check in without 9000 confusing up-selling pop ups in your way. I will make this mistake only once. This airline is a joke.
RouteAlbuquerque to Salt Lake City via Denver

"waste of my time"

Trip Verified | Oklahoma City to Los Angeles. I will never fly Frontier again. And be very careful booking flights on Expedia or any other travel site. Customers are penalized for not booking directly thru Frontier. I had other airlines I could have chosen but I selected the Frontier flight because it was the “best” price. Turns out I had to pay substantially higher baggage fees because I booked with Expedia. So my great fare with Expedia will be around $100 more than the cost of the ticket. I have no choice since it is a non refundable ticket, so I’m screwed, thank goodness my return flight is with American Airlines, their baggage fees are much more reasonable and the same no matter where you book your flight. And good luck talking to anyone at Frontier, it took me almost an hour on the phone to get a human being and I’m very tech savvy. When I did get a human to speak with, all I got was an obviously scripted speech, waste of my time.
RouteOklahoma City to Los Angeles
Date FlownMay 2018

"still don’t have our luggage"

Trip Verified | Our flight from TTN to ORD (connection) was delayed for 4 hours. Once we got to ORD, we boarded the same exact plane to head to ELP. We arrived ELP at 2.30am MT. We only had 1 checked bag and it did not make it to ELP. So I called customer service to file a claim and they said they did not know where our luggage was and that I would have to wait 4-6hrs before someone called. So we waited. Nobody called. So I called again, and they said the same thing that they could not track our luggage and did not know where it was. They said they would reimburse us for anything we buy since we had no clothes, nothing. Further, they said someone will keep me updated in 24hrs. The next day, still nothing. I call again and the same thing happens. It is day 3 here in ELP and we still don’t have our luggage. Don’t fly Frontier.
RouteTrenton to El Paso

"delayed both ways"

Trip Verified | First flight on Frontier from Savannah to Philadelphia. I paid next to nothing, but my trip has been delayed both ways by 1 hr 30 mins. Unbelievable! The plane was brand new and clean but the airline attendants were miserable. No hello or anything. If you are needing to get from point A to B quickly or at specific time do not fly Frontier.
RouteSavannah to Philadelphia

"terrible customer service"

Trip Verified | Flew Frontier Airlines from Tampa to Islip, New York. Worst airline ever. They stopped my friend and I from boarding the flight before it was even supposed to board, terrible customer service. All the staff were rude and not helpful, wasted our money for nothing.
RouteTampa to Islip, New York
Date FlownMay 2018

"I will never fly Frontier again."

Trip Verified | Chicago to Las Vegas. My original flight was to depart ORD at 9:50 PM and arrive LAS at 11:40 PM. I arrived 2 hours early, but shuffled around after the barcode would not populate on my phone and the agent was on a personal that caused me to miss my flight. Frontier waived the $99 fee to change my schedule and put me on the next flight at 11 AM with a 6 hour layover in Colorado and charged me an additional $45 for my duffle bag! When I got to LAS, they couldn’t find my luggage because it was still in Chicago! I have been calling them all night to tell them where to deliver my luggage but couldn’t get through until 4 hours later after I find a claim. FA said everyone left for the day after they called. My luggage is still at the airport and it’ll take up to 6 hours before it’s delivered. I will never fly Frontier again.
RouteChicago to Las Vegas

"Never utilize Frontier"

Trip Verified | Trenton to Nashville. Never utilize Frontier Airlines! Their round trip, nonstop, air fare appears deliciously affordable. I was charged over $100 for a small carry that contained two outfits. I literally just stepped off a flight utilizing this airline. I have made it a priority to ensure my first item following my arrival is to warn all those who may be hopelessly attracted to this airline having faith in its affordability. Beware the old adage, "if it's to good to be true, it is" holds true with this airline.
RouteTrenton to Nashville