Frontier Airlines

Frontier Airlines customer review

We booked through Cheapo Air because tickets were cheaper. Well we made up for this at the airport when we checked our bags - $25 for checked bag and $20 for carry on - each. We followed online instructions that said it would be cheaper if we checked in online - so we did. I used my smartphone so could not print a boarding pass. At the completion of this online check in I got the message "online check-in confirmed" - this was witnessed by four other people. At the airport we were told that they had no record of our online check-in so had to pay $50 for checked bag and $25 for our carry-on. Not only that but the 3 of us did not get seats together. We had to approach the ticket counter every stop (4 times) and beg to get our seats changed so we could sit together. On two "legs" of our trip we got the very back row which was stuffy/hot/uncomfortable. If you have booked your flights together they should know that you want to sit together. It's ridiculous! It all comes down to booking with them so you will pay a higher fee for your ticket. One "leg" of our trip the flight was delayed almost one hour with no explanation no notification no apology. We would never fly Frontier again.

Frontier Airlines customer review

9/13/2013 Flights: 231 Nashville to Denver 551 Denver to San Diego 563 Denver to San Diego. Travelers beware. Frontier is no longer what it once was. The ticket gate and customer service agents will - either through incompetence or deliberate false manipulation - frustrate your efforts to smooth out the hiccups caused by their poor schedule management. Flight delays and missed connections are tough luck - takes 12 hours to travel Nashville to San Diego or Chicago to Las Vegas or Austin to Denver. There were 100s of these stories just in one day. The staff denied that connections would be missed (they were) claimed all flights were delayed (they weren't) claimed later flights were full (not true). New militant carry on baggage measurements and charges don't ask for water coffee or a soda unless you have your credit card handy and don't count on them having anything edible on board. If you still decide to travel with this miserable airline the best of luck.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I flew Frontier approx 2 years ago to Vegas and had a bad experience then. I ignorantly decided to give them another try and flew to San Diego from Nashville with a layover in Denver same route back to Nashville. Not only was the check in staff rude but they messed up our seat assignments. My husband and I who were on our honeymoon checked in 2 hours early and they still managed to mess up our seat arrangements made during the booking process 4 months prior. We ended up having to fly seated separately. Normally we wouldn't be too upset but it was our honeymoon and we did check in with adequate time and booked our flights well in advance. Needless to say I will never use this airline again.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I got an early flight from IND to PDX. Flight 613 was 2+ hours late so Frontier rebooked to later flight with 20 minute connection in DEN which was obviously missed. Rebooked again on Alaska Air to SFO then Virgin Air to PDX later that night. After traveling over 12 hours now my bags are in SEA waiting for next flight to PDX so I have to wait hours again! Bags never made flight! Drove to SEA airport to pick them up. Trip home 2 weeks later flight 792 from PDX on time only to find out in DEN that flight is actually delayed but not before running 40 gates to make a connection then running 40 gates back to new gate. All airport displays showing on time at wrong gate! Now sitting at new gate waiting hours again. Flight 1608 finally leaves well after 4.30 with a reserve pilot. Not once did we get to watch TV on any one segment of flight to or from PDX! I will look for other airlines in the future.

Frontier Airlines customer review

We recently flew to and from Denver to Anchorage. Both were night flights. Your cabin and reading lights are awful. Those greyish/white lights make the plane feel like a parking garage and impossible to read by. Yes everyone is transitioning to new types of lighting but there are better lighting options out there.

Frontier Airlines customer review

Our flight ILG-MDW was wonderful. Wilmington airport was a breeze flight was pleasant arrived 30 minutes early. We upgraded to STRETCH seating which was very comfortable. Flight crew was extremely friendly and personable. I look forward to flying them in the future.

Frontier Airlines customer review

Flew late July from Vegas to Cancun via Denver. Realised that bags had not been booked apparently you can not do this from UK. I attempted to book online day before leaving Vegas but was not permitted to do this. At airport we paid for bags and asked to have two seats together as my partner is a very nervous flyer. Check-in staff in Denver were lovely and quickly changed our seats. Staff on flights were probably the worst I have flown. Landing announcements were quite funny and instead of reminding passengers to check the overhead compartments for personal belongings we may have stored she said to check for any personal problems we may have left there. Didn't flying used to be fun and exciting and not a chore.

Frontier Airlines customer review

Orlando to Trenton on 8/28 and return 9/3/13. I had one of the best flights I've had! I was bothered about the reviews I read prior to my flight and I can testify that my Frontier flight was flawless. It on time crew and staff couldn't have been more professional and courteous. I look forward to flying into Trenton NJ again.

Frontier Airlines customer review

August 23rd on Flight 572 from Salt Lake City to Denver and on Flight 156 to Des Moines. Return flight on August 27th on Flight 157 from Des Moines to Denver and on Flight 575 to Salt Lake City. I have flown Frontier several times within the past four or five years and have never experienced difficulty. However on this flight I was shocked by the apparent focus of the staff on measuring each person's carry on bags. I saw several customers being sent back to the security desk to pay a $50 fee so that they could carry on a backpack - simply because the backpack did not fit in the measuring tool. Each item individuals had to pay extra for were not overweight nor extremely large. Many of them had backpacks the same size as mine and my backpack fit completely under the seat with no problem. Personally I had to remove my dirty laundry out of the front compartment of my suitcase and transfer it to my checked on bag or I would have had to pay an extra $50 to check on my carry on bag. I believe Frontier has changed their focus from convenience and friendliness to customers and are now focused on making more money. I remember the days when Frontier used to serve complementary drinks and cookies on their flights. Now they charge $2 for a glass of apple juice. Forget the cookies. I will not be using this airline again in the near future.

Frontier Airlines customer review

DEN-SLC. Not for the business traveler. In a competitive industry - you would think that the airline would want last minute top dollar customers. Finished meeting early have 4.30 flight but not able to take the 1.55 - would not accept me as standby because I am not their rewards customer. Frontier does not fly anywhere that would warrant being a rewards member. Also the entire cabin was laughing because of the flight attendants trance to ensure that everyone was charged for their carry on luggage.
Seat Comfort N/A