Frontier Airlines

Frontier Airlines customer review

My sisters and I went to Minneapolis. We left Idaho Falls flight 446 and 120 on July 25 2014. Flights went smoothly and staff were nice. July 29 2014 on our return flights 115 and 447. We arrived at the Frontier counter to check in and were told a tornado hit Denver and all seats were taken and no seats available until Aug 3 2014 so we could get a refund that night. In a panic we checked other airlines to Idaho Falls we could get another flight the next morning Delta or United. We asked the Frontier counter to help us book a flight they said they could not help us either a refund or travel Aug 3. We were about to ask for our refund when my brother in law suggested we try again to get to Denver options were better there to get to Idaho Falls and cheaper. The ladies at the counter said they could not help us we asked if their were seats available on flight 115 finally they said yes there were seats available but we would miss the flight to Idaho Falls. We told them we would take our chances since the flight going to Denver was delayed 1 hour maybe the flight to Idaho Falls would also be delayed they would not assign us seats to Idaho Falls just to Denver only check our baggage to Denver which we opted to carry on. We barely arrived at the gate for flight 115 after 2 hours of fighting with staff at the check in counter as they were boarding. Staff on the flight were very nice and apologetic. Flight 447 was delayed due to weather as we expected and had to wait for seating assignments just as they were boarding. Boarded the plane and again their were a few empty seats. Arrived in Idaho Falls only 30 minutes later than the scheduled arrival time! Had we not insisted that staff get us on flight 115 we would still be in Minnesota.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I arrive with more than 40 minutes to spare for my flight from Trenton to Raleigh. Due to a website issue I was unable to print out a proper boarding pass. Upon arrival the kiosk would not allow me to print my pass as it was under the 45 minute deadline a deadline that I have never encountered in all my years of flying. The Frontier reps at the counter were of no help and were quite hostile to my (and the 7 other passengers) complaints. They are essentially running a racket. Trenton airport is small and the time to the gate from the ticket counter would have been 5 minutes or less. Yet Frontier asks (though I have yet to see this information anywhere other than the Trenton ticket counter) you arrive a full 2 hours before a flight to get a boarding pass. My flight was at 6.25 this morning. It was an absurd experience and easily the worst I have ever encountered flying.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I can only speak to our experience on Frontier and it was good. Flew from Cincinnati to Punta Cana DR on a chartered vacation flight in July 2014. Non -stop. 1 free checked back carry on and soda. Food was extra. Both round trip flights started boarding early left on time and arrived a few minutes early. I would fly Frontier again if the price was right and departure times made sense.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I fly Frontier only when I have to that is when there are virtually no other choices. I don't mind some product differentiation in which they charge extra for "extras" but it is completely ridiculous that they intentionally won't allow people traveling together to sit together without paying an extra fee. Also charging for carry-on bags is very annoying but I can live with it. The Frontier company attitude appears to be one of "screw the customer" and as one who works with customers all the time this attitude really bothers me.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I flew yesterday from Trenton to Ft. Lauderdale. Was very excited to be flying from Trenton - much more convenient than going to Newark or Philadelphia. Check in was fine - security easy and waiting area adequate. The problem came when the flight was delayed for 9 hours - yes 9 hours. I spent the entire day and evening at the airport. the problem is two-fold - why I am not likely to fly Frontier again: 1) The communication throughout the ordeal was worse than awful - it is pretty clear that they knew early on that this was going to be a horrific wait. They kept stringing us along - many of us could have gone home for the day but instead we were there not knowing what was going on. 2) Second issue - staff are incredibly rude. Staff upstairs at check in were great but those in the gate area - with the exception of the manager were rude unhelpful and without basic knowledge needed to be interacting with passengers. 9 hours late and poor customer service are problems that need to be addressed.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I took this flight this AM 7/19 with my family Atlanta to Denver. Departure 8.47 on time. Good. Flight was safe landing was nice. All good. Cannot complain. The main reasons I log this review is because if you are flying on a budget (which you likely are on Frontier) then beware of the surly attendants the lack of snacks coffee and beverages available on a 3 + hr flight. This was a 8.47am flight no coffee no individual snacks for purchase one box snack available for purchase and some sodas/juices. I don't look forward to airline "snacks" but when you fly with kids creature comforts are welcome at times. Very strange airline. Very strange flight. Not worth the $1400.

Frontier Airlines customer review

We flew Frontier from Trenton to Tampa because the flight appeared to be the least expensive and because of the convenience of Trenton Airport. It was a mistake that we will never make again! No free luggage at all - the first piece checked in costs $25. If you have a carry it costs even more - $35. When we factor in $8 a day for parking at Trenton Airport we ended paying more than what we would have flying other airlines. The flight was delayed both ways. The fight from Trenton was over an hour late and it was just seem as par for the course. No apologies whatsoever. We're waiting for the flight from Tampa and it is delayed as well. The service is awful - you'll get a cup of water for free. That's it. It is just not worth it.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I was on a flight with Frontier that was delayed 7 hours. There was no contact from the airline to me (phone text or email) alerting me of the delay. When I arrived to the airport I was informed that I could not check my bag but still had to pay the $25 checked bag fee. I then had to dump all of my liquids from my bag so it could go through security. We were then delayed another 90 minutes while sitting on the plane at the gate at which point flight attendants informed us we could pay for beverages snacks or TV if we would like. The pilots were the only friendly and apologetic staff associated with Frontier. I would not recommend Frontier to anyone. The flights may be cheap but you pay for your seat bags and everything else later. Additionally if you do have a complaint you cannot get anyone to assist you.

Frontier Airlines customer review

July 11 2014 I travelled to Portland Oregon from Des Moines Iowa via Denver on Frontier Airlines flights 155 and 799. The ground personnel at the Des Moines and Denver Airports were extremely helpful and personable. The air personnel (both flight attendants and flight crew) were courteous and attentive. As for the newly revised baggage policies of Frontier I understand and accept them. Frontier Airlines is no different than legacy airlines. They are here to provide good and comfortable air service to their passengers. But they are also here to make a profit. Again hats off to Frontier for providing courteous friendly and helpful service.

Frontier Airlines customer review

Flight 527 Cleveland to Denver and 745 Denver to Phoenix. Return flight 1112 Phoenix to Cleveland. July 7- 15. My family of 7 just flew to Pheonix from Cleveland and back and I have to say I was very pleased in fact impressed with how smooth things went. I had read several reviews about Frontier and I have to abmit I was nervous about flying with them. We have flown on several airlines and I must say I will be flying Frontier in the future the associates were very helpful and the aircraft were very clean.