Frontier Airlines

Frontier Airlines customer review

What attracted my husband to try Frontier Airline to Vegas was the cheap fare. Sad to say we got what we paid for. I had no problem with a 2 hour delay nor getting our luggage after 10 hours. I do understand this. But poor customer service and waiting over an hour after disembarking to get our checked luggage is too much. Flying Frontier will be my last option the next time I travel.

Frontier Airlines customer review

Flight from Cleveland to Denver. Mid day clear skies. They boarded the plane on time. Departure time was no problem but came and went. Captain comes on saying a small paperwork issue. Same story for the next two hours until they made everyone get off the plane. Then their reservation system goes down. Can't get anything but more lying to the passengers. Flight was re scheduled for after midnight. This airline has turned into a really bad airline. So after spending all day being lied to they offer a 10 dollar meal coupon. That will get you a bottle of water and some crackers. No help with booking another airline. Avoid the aggravation and go on another airline. It will be cheaper in the long run.

Frontier Airlines customer review

They were incredibly inconsiderate. The first leg of my flight was delayed by weather at the destination airport yet the second leg departed from that airport ahead of schedule. Half of my flight was told that the next available flight was 24 hours later or that we could go to an alternative airport 1.5 hours from the original destination in 12 hours. No meal voucher no hotel no compensation - we all slept on the floor. The desk attendant's consolation was "Well it's better you don't have a hotel because you would have had to come back very early in the morning regardless." Also add the usual complaints about charging more for carry-on luggage but not warning of the charge when purchasing the ticket. The seats were the most uncomfortable I've sat in. I'm 5'10 and 140 pounds and never have a problem yet I was sore after a 2 hour leg. I'd hate to imagine what the larger passengers had to endure.

Frontier Airlines customer review

New seats do not recline. My friend and I just flew a quick RT CLE-RSW over a four-day span. We paid for seats with extra legroom. What they don't tell you now is that they just "upgraded" (their word not mine) their seats for the whole plane and now none of them recline. The FA told me that doing so resulted in them being able to squeeze 9 more seats into the cabin. So - what good is "extra" room if it is actually less roomy than previous experience? Very frustrating - I won't be flying Frontier again.

Frontier Airlines customer review

Frontier 114 February 4th. Do not cross the line into Frontier Land - enticed by the low fares and the thinking of "these negative reviews can't possibly be true". They are. After my 4th straight delayed flight (this one for 6 hours) on this carrier and the record now stands at 8 of the last 14 flights - it finally dawned on me. This airline really is a poor choice. This is (was) the only airline I fly "Elite" status credit card Early Returns program direct booking etc.. a refuge from the era of when the "friendly skies" of United got not so friendly. I'm the guy you see boarding first sitting up front. I used to love this company when it was a version of Southwest - good fares fun staff reliable. I'm that guy who smiles understands that this is a complicated business understands that there are several factors that can disrupt a schedule. I'm the guy ground and flight staff like - polite and courteous. They went where I needed to be and they were in concourse A (DIA customers know about this). I get the new pricing strategy and I understand the a' la carte idea. They had to do something about the bag war going on for overhead carry on space. What is not excusable is the consistently late flights or worse - the cancellations of which I have been now reading about. Frontier I'm gone. It's sad - they were my savior from United. Southwest - here I come.
Cabin Staff Service N/A

Frontier Airlines customer review

World Strides trip home from Fort Lauderdale to Dulles International. Flight canceled on 2/21/15 due to weather which is understandable. We were traveling with 32 middle school students and 9 adults. No flight available for 3 days 2/24/15! After a week long event we had students who would need medication before that date (we expressed this to the agent). We had to sleep in the airport that night because there were no hotels available that was not Frontier's fault but having to stay there 2 more nights with 41 people would have been. When discussing flight options with the very nice ticket agent we discovered that not only would we not be able to fly out for 3 days only part of our group could fly out then. Another group would have to fly out on the 4th day and another on the 5th day! This was totally unacceptable. During our lengthy stay in the airport we discovered from other customers (we were camped out right across from the Frontier ticket counter) that almost all customers were delayed the next day (the weather was beautiful) and those who had flown before stated their flights are always delayed (our flight to Orlando was delayed). The lines for check in were crazy long compared to other airlines. People waiting hours to check in. This could have been a marketing dream for Frontier. Imagine the story of helping out a group of stranded middle school students because Frontier cares. Instead they left us stranded for up to 5 days. No refund. No credit. Now 32 parents will never fly Frontier. 9 chaperones will never fly Frontier. For a price gouging company that advertises low prices then charges not only for checked baggage but for carry on bags and charges for water and sodas and basic channel TV I would think Frontier would at least want to retain the customer base they have. I for one will never use Frontier again. The flight attendants and ticket agents are super. The business model is horrendous. They should be ashamed.

Frontier Airlines customer review

This was my first experience flying Frontier and will be my last. The outbound flight from Cleveland to Phoenix was adequate but it took over 1.5 hours to receive my luggage. The return flight was a disaster. I arrived at 4pm for my 6pm flight only to find that the fight had been changed to 4.10 pm. I was never informed of the change but the agent lied and stated that I had accepted the change. I was forced to fly Delta through Detroit. Frontier offered a small partial refund for my flight but nothing for my Delta flight. I will never fly frontier again. Interestingly my friends have had similar experiences. In fact Frontier has engaged in a classic "bait and switch". Frontier initially offers convenient schedules and then changes the flights to save on landing fees. I will be back flying United.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I have never flown Frontier before my trip from CVG to MCO. I was attracted to the airline because of the lower fares which is great for my family of 5. We no issues on the flight to MCO. Fast forward 3 days later on our return flight from MCO to CVG. We arrived at the airport only to find that our flight had been delayed for 2 hours because of maintenance issues. Understandable. From the time we left the main terminal to the gate the delay went from 2 hours to 9.5 hours. Again we were told it was a maintenance issue. The delay changed again to 10.5 hours. It turns out it wasn't a maintenance issue at all it was a crew issue - they don't have a crew to fly the plane. Supposedly the do now (thus the delay). I'm not sure where the plane is - CVG or MCO. The attendant at the gate told me planes are delayed at least once a week because of no crew but usually the delay is shorter than 10.5 hours. I only wish I would have read the reviews before I booked my flight. It can only be a matter of time. Southwest/AirTran and Delta are substantially more reliable and if you have someplace to be it's worth it to pay a little more.

Frontier Airlines customer review

Flying from Denver to Chicago round trip. Delayed 6.5 hours to get cancelled. Tried the same flight the next day and so far we are delayed two hours. This is the last time I will fly Frontier. They are really bad.

Frontier Airlines customer review

This was my first trip with Frontier. We flew from Cleveland to Las Vegas return. I opted for the stretch seats. The flight was delayed slightly on the outbound leg but this was communicated to us before we arrived at the airport. It was really not a problem. The ground staff were friendly and efficient. The cabin crew were pleasant and professional. The stretch seats were worth every cent of the small supplement payable ($25 per person per leg of the flight). The aircraft was a modern Airbus A320 which was clean and comfortable. The return leg was exactly like the outbound. I will not be giving five stars however. Upon arrival at Cleveland 5.45 am we were directed to a piece of taxiway until a stand could be found for us. The delay amounted to 45 minutes. That is unacceptable at that time of the morning and Frontier and Hopkins need to address it. I will have no hesitation in recommending the airline with that caveat.