Frontier Airlines

Frontier Airlines customer review

I have traveled with this airline several times in the past year from Utah to Arkansas and have never encountered any problems. The last trip was SLC to LR. Once onboard the plane proceeded to the runway where there was a 45 minute delay. Had to return to the gate told we had a choice to deplane or stay but all connecting flights would be missed in DEN. We boarded again and went to DEN. Staff were amusing and more than willing to offer any information. We all received our hotel accommodation food vouchers and questions were answered quickly and efficiently. The next day was a piece of cake - I flew on to SLC but had problems with losing my bag but had it delivered to my home by 5am the next morning. One thing I didn't understand was the first flight they gave a free beverage but the one from DEN to SLC they wanted to charge for a soda. I feel like a beverage is a very small request for the price of an airline ticket.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I have to say my round trip went without a hitch. Both my departure and return flight were on time with no mechanical problems. The staff were cordial and my seat was the same as any other airline as far as comfort. Yes they do charge for drinks and snacks so if that bothers you buy your own in the airport (it is the same price anyway). I flew from Delaware to Houston and it cost 110 dollars. All other airlines that had direct flights were asking between 350-400 dollars. For that price difference I am willing to shell out 5 dollars for a snack and something to drink. Maybe I had beginners luck but I did save quite a bit of money.

Frontier Airlines customer review

Began flying Frontier out of Williston ND some 3 years ago since they were the only carrier there. I live in Utah so would have expected basic but acceptable service. It seems the longer I continue flying with them the more the problems. Coming home to Utah this last time meant delay after delay (I had some 5 delay announcements sent to my email all after I already knew about it!) causing me to miss my connection at Denver. Almost had to stay overnight. Had been gone from home 3 months! How difficult is it to maintain their equipment? Always an issue for them. Now United and Delta are flying to North Dakota. I have to return with Frontier but won't fly them again. I'd rather fly someone else for $100 more who has their act together without the drama and adventure. Hope they go out of business soon.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I purchased the tickets in February to fly Classic Plus in April and return in May. When I scheduled this round trip ticket the airline stated I would receive free television on both flights along with discounted liquor. On the first flight I did and the service was great. On the flight back I was informed Frontier no longer provided such service and canceled in between the time of my three week business trip. Had it not have been for the TV baggage fees reduced and beverages I would have chosen I different airline. They either need to inform prior to flying as the company knew I had the ticket so I could get a different company or honor their' commitment when I paid for the ticket.

Frontier Airlines customer review

SEA-DEN-ILG (Wilmington DE) one way. A pleasant enough way to travel. Had exit row seats on both legs at $20 per segment on an economy fare this is a steal and well worth it. Yes you do have to pay for drinks but they will give you a cup of water for free if you ask. Why not just charge an extra $2/ticket and give everyone a free drink and a small snack? Flight from DEN delayed 35 minutes due to waiting on a crew member to deadhead. Carry on bag policy enforced at DEN with all bags sized but not SEA - if an airline wants to be strict they should do it at every airport. Some people were bringing bags on the Seattle flight that were clearly over-sized. Wilmington New Castle airport is a great alternative to chaotic PHL but has little to no room for expansion and is crowded with just one flight on the ground.

Frontier Airlines customer review

LAX-DEN. Bought a ticket after 20 hour flight from Asia since it was a better connection to DEN. Flight delayed 1.5 hours and had to rebook everyone making a connection - 2 agents for 70 people who were totally incompetent could not get anything done. No announcements no information just rude attitude from ground staff. My bags were checked through onto Frontier and I checked with agent to make sure they would get loaded on from the international flight after clearing customs in LAX - she assured me "no problem" and of course on arrival - no bag. Had to wait 36 hours before they were delivered. Never again.

Frontier Airlines customer review

My son and I flew from ANC to SFO (and return) via DEN. Satisfied by all flights and crew. However I did notice some changes since my last flight(s) one being the new charges for carryons. The folks at SFO began to implement this new policy and it caused quite a bit of confusion for the passengers and some noted unhappiness at having to pay. Some folks were not pleased with having to have their stuff "sized up" prior to boarding. The new policy of charging for all drinks was not too popular as well. I spoke with a couple of crew members from the various flights we were on and a basic theme appeared "we seem to be heading towards becoming Spirit". Crew members were not too thrilled. I was using my miles on this trip and my last one with my daughter recently. I have been both an Ascent and Summit member for years and have been very pleased with Frontier. I am however somewhat scared about their becoming a bottom feeder. I know change is always around the corner with airlines but the nickel and dimes they are going after is not right in my way of thinking. Keep it up and I will be traveling on Alaska Air year round.
Value For Money N/A

Frontier Airlines customer review

My daughter took a teaching job in Phoenix we drove from Michigan to help her get settled. Tried to use Frontier to get back to Michigan - worst experience ever! My husband was to fly out on Sunday the 28th at 3.14 to Denver after several hours was sent to O'Hare had to stay overnight get up at 5.00 to get flight to Grand Rapids Michigan. I stayed until Saturday 3rd 3.14 flight after a delay got on the plane sat for half an hour got off the plane. 2 hour delay - stood in line to change connecting flight Denver to Grand Rapids. Line up to board plane - cancelled. Back to the line for new connecting flight. 9.00pm all flights to Denver cancelled. Back in line. Phoenix to Miami at 10.40. Miami to O'Hare at 6.40 am. Now I need to be picked up in Chicago. Terrible experience.

Frontier Airlines customer review

First and last Frontier trip SFO to/from Denver. 1.5 hour delay out of SFO. Nearly 3 hour delay out of Denver - 2am arrival! Had to get a taxi home at 3am. Should have flown more expensive flight on another airline. Never again.

Frontier Airlines customer review

Had a 2.5hr delay on the first flight (no apologies or service recovery offered) and another 2hr delay on the return flight because they used the same mechanically inept plane. The return flight was to be the first of the day. An entire plane of peoples plans ruined.