Frontier Airlines

Frontier Airlines customer review

We flew Frontier from Trenton to Tampa because the flight appeared to be the least expensive and because of the convenience of Trenton Airport. It was a mistake that we will never make again! No free luggage at all - the first piece checked in costs $25. If you have a carry it costs even more - $35. When we factor in $8 a day for parking at Trenton Airport we ended paying more than what we would have flying other airlines. The flight was delayed both ways. The fight from Trenton was over an hour late and it was just seem as par for the course. No apologies whatsoever. We're waiting for the flight from Tampa and it is delayed as well. The service is awful - you'll get a cup of water for free. That's it. It is just not worth it.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I was on a flight with Frontier that was delayed 7 hours. There was no contact from the airline to me (phone text or email) alerting me of the delay. When I arrived to the airport I was informed that I could not check my bag but still had to pay the $25 checked bag fee. I then had to dump all of my liquids from my bag so it could go through security. We were then delayed another 90 minutes while sitting on the plane at the gate at which point flight attendants informed us we could pay for beverages snacks or TV if we would like. The pilots were the only friendly and apologetic staff associated with Frontier. I would not recommend Frontier to anyone. The flights may be cheap but you pay for your seat bags and everything else later. Additionally if you do have a complaint you cannot get anyone to assist you.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I fly Frontier only when I have to that is when there are virtually no other choices. I don't mind some product differentiation in which they charge extra for "extras" but it is completely ridiculous that they intentionally won't allow people traveling together to sit together without paying an extra fee. Also charging for carry-on bags is very annoying but I can live with it. The Frontier company attitude appears to be one of "screw the customer" and as one who works with customers all the time this attitude really bothers me.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I flew yesterday from Trenton to Ft. Lauderdale. Was very excited to be flying from Trenton - much more convenient than going to Newark or Philadelphia. Check in was fine - security easy and waiting area adequate. The problem came when the flight was delayed for 9 hours - yes 9 hours. I spent the entire day and evening at the airport. the problem is two-fold - why I am not likely to fly Frontier again: 1) The communication throughout the ordeal was worse than awful - it is pretty clear that they knew early on that this was going to be a horrific wait. They kept stringing us along - many of us could have gone home for the day but instead we were there not knowing what was going on. 2) Second issue - staff are incredibly rude. Staff upstairs at check in were great but those in the gate area - with the exception of the manager were rude unhelpful and without basic knowledge needed to be interacting with passengers. 9 hours late and poor customer service are problems that need to be addressed.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I took this flight this AM 7/19 with my family Atlanta to Denver. Departure 8.47 on time. Good. Flight was safe landing was nice. All good. Cannot complain. The main reasons I log this review is because if you are flying on a budget (which you likely are on Frontier) then beware of the surly attendants the lack of snacks coffee and beverages available on a 3 + hr flight. This was a 8.47am flight no coffee no individual snacks for purchase one box snack available for purchase and some sodas/juices. I don't look forward to airline "snacks" but when you fly with kids creature comforts are welcome at times. Very strange airline. Very strange flight. Not worth the $1400.

Frontier Airlines customer review

July 11 2014 I travelled to Portland Oregon from Des Moines Iowa via Denver on Frontier Airlines flights 155 and 799. The ground personnel at the Des Moines and Denver Airports were extremely helpful and personable. The air personnel (both flight attendants and flight crew) were courteous and attentive. As for the newly revised baggage policies of Frontier I understand and accept them. Frontier Airlines is no different than legacy airlines. They are here to provide good and comfortable air service to their passengers. But they are also here to make a profit. Again hats off to Frontier for providing courteous friendly and helpful service.

Frontier Airlines customer review

Flight 527 Cleveland to Denver and 745 Denver to Phoenix. Return flight 1112 Phoenix to Cleveland. July 7- 15. My family of 7 just flew to Pheonix from Cleveland and back and I have to say I was very pleased in fact impressed with how smooth things went. I had read several reviews about Frontier and I have to abmit I was nervous about flying with them. We have flown on several airlines and I must say I will be flying Frontier in the future the associates were very helpful and the aircraft were very clean.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I had checked in online and printed boarding passes and coupons for my luggage. I arrived at the Madison WI airport 40 minutes prior to my flight. Madison is a small airport and usually does not take much time to check luggage and get to the gate. The Frontier desk was closed. There was a sign on the counter stating someone would return after the flight left. We did not make our flight to Seattle. I think it would be most helpful if Frontier stated on their website that the gates close 45 minutes prior to take off and that you will not be able to board your plane. I paid $75 to get a flight out a day later. I asked if I could travel to a nearby airport and take their flight later in the day to Seattle and I was told this was not an option unless I wanted to pay full fare $600. They were unwilling to put us on another airline going out today. I also paid to select my seats so I could travel with my daughter. I am sorry I did not read any of these reviews prior to my trip to avoid such a disaster. I will avoid Frontier at all costs in the future and can only hope my trip tomorrow goes without problems.
Seat Comfort N/A

Frontier Airlines customer review

My family and I also had a horrible experience with Frontier and will never fly them again. We had no idea that we would have to pay $35 for carry-ons and $25 for checked baggage. We would have packed differently if we had known this. Each of my children had a small rolling suitcase which we ended up checking and it cost us $250 total extra for the trip. I feel like they robbed us! This extra charge is not common practice among any other airlines I have flown before. Then we get on the plane to discover that all drinks and snacks cost as well. They didn't even offer water on two of the flights. There is very little leg room so you feel like you're packed in like cattle. The whole trip gave us a terrible feeling about Frontier.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I am so frustrated with Frontier's new policies to charge you extra for everything: seat assignment carry-on bag checked bag coffee on the flight etc. I'm sure they will be charging for seat belts soon. Frontier used to be my favorite airline but now I avoid them at all costs. I am happy to pay a little extra (or not in many cases) to fly Southwest Airlines where they still let you check a bag for free and carry on a bag with your personal item. If Southwest isn't available I look for anything other than Frontier now. We are spreading the word and on my recent flight from Cincinnati I heard several passengers complaining saying they wouldn't fly Frontier anymore - it's so ridiculous. And because passengers have become so frustrated this has caused Frontier employees to lose their patience... what was once one of the friendliest airlines is now the rudest. Shame on you Frontier - this is the worst example of customer service I have seen in many years.