Frontier Airlines

Customer rating from 1917 reviews

Frontier Airlines customer review

Like some of the folks here I questioned my sanity for booking Frontier after reading the reviews! But it was the only non-stop to Denver from Reagan National. I was pleasantly surprised OK so my standards are not that high but was more then comparable to US Airways I normally fly to Florida. As another reviewer said read the rules. There was a woman on the Denver to DC was arguing about the size of her carry-on at least this airline sticks to their guns about the size allowed.

Frontier Airlines customer review

My family and I recently traveled using Frontier Airlines. I must say the ticketing counter staff Frontier has are the most incompetent representatives I have ever seen. We arrived at the desk approximately 90 minutes prior to flight. We had our tickets and baggage all previously taken care of online. We stood inline for 45 minutes waiting to just get our baggage checked and placed on the conveyor belt while the only representative spent this entire time with one customer ahead of us. When we finally got to the desk we were informed it was too late to send our bags to the plane. After attempting to explain we have been waiting the representative charged an additional $225. then put us on a flight 12 hours later which created a domino affect with our rental car and hotel being cancelled for a no-show. I am disappointed with our service and trip therefore I warn others to look elsewhere for air travel.

Frontier Airlines customer review

Flying from Ft. Lauderdale to Cleveland on 9/28/14. Flight was supposed to leave at 8:00 PM. At the airport flight posted a delay to 11:30 PM. Good weather. Flight then posted to 10.30. Got something to eat just outside terminal. At 9:30 went to gate. Fight cancelled with no announcement and nobody at the gate. Found all the passengers at the check in. Only two employees and one line. No alternative fights until Wednesday. Missed my appointments and had to forfeit the return fight on another airline. Buyer Beware. Read all the bad reviews.
Seat Comfort N/A

Frontier Airlines customer review

Charlotte NC (CLT) to Washington Dulles DC (IAD). Sep 19 2014 - Sep 21 2014. Beware: Extra fees. You will have to pay for you carry on going to the city you are traveling to and on the way back $25-35. Staff are extremely unprofessional and I do not recommend this airline to anyone.

Frontier Airlines customer review

We flew Frontier from Tampa to Denver and back again on 9-17 to 9-26. I had read reviews thought I was insane while booking and decided to get familiar with the rules and regulations posted on their website. We used the check in baggage after signing up with early rewards and it cost us $15.00 each way per checked in luggage. Had no problem toting a decent sized bag on board as our "personal" item. Seating was $3.00 each way - still not a lot to pay to have a seat on board together. Thought the flight crew was rather bland on the flight to Denver our return trip was the complete opposite. I totally enjoyed all the jokes both by the pilot as well as the rest of the crew! Very relaxing flight. That being said I would definitely without a doubt let Frontier take me where I need to go in the future.

Frontier Airlines customer review

Surprised by all the fees. Their ticket price is deceptive as Frontier charges for carry on and seat assignments and provides nothing in the cabin for economy. Website charged x2 for a single carry on. Dropped the second passenger for return trip. Could not get boarding pass online or at the airport check in device. Had to wait for the staff to show up. Absolutely no chance of getting through to a person at the 800 number tried x3 minimum wait was 34 minutes (they said). Minimum leg room. Passenger in front could not recline seat all the way without breaking my legs which she tried several times. The single plus of the experience was the cabin crew. They were fine both ways. But flying is too much of a hassle to put up with the likes of Frontier's bait and switch and poor communications. We actually paid more once all the extra fees were added in. Will be willing to pay a lot more to avoid Frontier in the future. Plus the aircraft we flew in were extremely old Airbus 320s. The 320 went into service 26 years ago.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I arrived with my family to fly to Atlanta GA. We arrived with more than enough time to check our baggage and make the scheduled flight. There were two representatives when we arrived one representative just closed his site and walked away leaving only one person to service the remaining passengers. The lady left alone was very slow helping one customer which lead to the remaining passengers being left without enough time to process their baggage. When we got to the desk she informed us that it was too late and she would have to reschedule our flight. We tried to explain that we have been waiting in line for at least 20 minutes and there was more than enough time if they were properly staffed. She just apologized and rescheduled our flight for an all night red eye flight that will leave us short on time if not late for the graduation we planned to attend. She also charged us $75 each totalling $225. This was my first attempt to use Frontier Airlines as of now I will never use this airline again. I now see why they are rated number two in airlines with the most complaints.

Frontier Airlines customer review

There will be additional fees. You will have to pay for your baggage (both checked and carry-on). Your seat will not be guaranteed unless you pay a minimum of $8 to select your seat. Frontier has a strategy of overbooking presumably to ensure full flights. Every day groups of these extra passengers are forced into later flights. "Check-in is 45 minutes prior to departure" means that you will be charged $75 and forced into the next flight if you do not check-in 45 minutes prior to departure. Frontier is the only airline that pulls their employees from the check-in counter and shuts down their check-in computers 45 minutes before departure to ensure that you will not be allowed in if you arrive late. I was running late to my flight this morning and called Frontier's 1-800 number at the suggestion of the friendly JetBlue check-in folks as Frontier's counter had recently been abandoned. I manoeuvred my way through the expected automated system and finally reached a woman who handled my situation with the patience and understanding of a grizzly woken from hibernation. I was interrupted and rudely instructed to be quiet and listen to the rules before rebooking my flight. By the way this airline treats its passengers I should not have expected their employees to be any happier. Frontier employs bait-and-switch policies to maintain the "cheap ticket" reputation. In reality Frontier's customers are not presented with an honest estimate of the cost of their travel at checkout. My conclusion is that the service one receives from other airlines is well worth the additional 20% in initial ticket costs. You will end up paying that much more to Frontier anyway.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I have flown Frontier many times over the past several years. My last flight with the company will be my last! I flew economy class knowing that I would have to pay extra for checked and carry on luggage. Prior to my trip I used Frontier's website to determine the acceptable dimensions of a carry on bag. I then measured the bag I intended to take. It was within the guidelines provided on the website. I paid to check one bag and proceeded to the gate to board the flight. Just prior to boarding the gate attendant required me to place my carry on bag in a little box to ensure that it was of proper size. It did not fit by less than a 1/4 of an inch in the length. They immediately charged me $50.00 for the carry on. I have flown with this same carry on bag for many years it has even taken several trips on Frontier and fits perfectly under the seat. Needless to say because of this experience I will pay a little extra to fly on Southwest and/or United at least then I will know exactly what its going to cost me before I leave the house!

Frontier Airlines customer review

I recently flew from Dulles to Atlanta and back and for the most part it was a pleasant experience. I have flown AirTran more often than another airline and Frontier is comparable. I bought my tickets directly from Frontier about 4 months in advance. I paid $20 for a carry on $15 for an exit-row seat and $3 to choose my seat at time of purchase (twice coming and going) and my total round-trip fare with fees was $198 so if I had not paid the extra fees it would have been $122. In reading the reviews here I see that many people buy their tickets from third party sites (Orbitz etc.) and are surprised by the "hidden fees" when they reach the gate. I really think that they have only themselves to blame. First every time you fly you should check the airline's website for their policies; the fees are very clear on Frontier's site. I think even the third-party sites tell you to check the airline's site. I don't have a whole lot of sympathy for people who make assumptions and then become indignant when their assumptions don't match reality. I also read below that the flight attendants wouldn't help lift luggage because of "policy." On both my flights the staff were very helpful with luggage so clearly it's either not a policy or one that not all attendants heed. The only minor complaint I have about Frontier was that both flights were late to take off by about 20-30 min. There seemed to be no particular reason for the delay. I didn't have a connecting flight so I didn't care but it might be useful info.