Frontier Airlines

Frontier Airlines customer review

We left from Omaha and after checking in going through security and getting to our gate we were told to wait in line to put our carry ons and personal items in a slot to see if we would be charged. Very rude same thing happened changing plans in Denver. Leaving Las Vegas at 6.30am told to pay $50 for carry-on I said we didn't on the way out and she said we are a 3rd party and that is how it goes. Wait through a very long security line sit down and again they told us to wait in a very long line to check to see if everyone's carry-on fitted into the slot. I have MS and lines and standing are not the best for me but myself and my husband do what we are told. Never once was there a problem. Staff were not friendly. I travel 12 to 15 times a year for work and have never had to do any of this. Then they come through with the snack and beverage cart and tell you sorry your drink is $1.99. We have never been treated like lower class on any flight business or pleasure. I can assure you we will not save $20 for a flight and go through Frontier ever again. I know everyone wants cut backs but they may want to look at customer service.

Frontier Airlines customer review

Never mind how 100% of everything (drinks food checking baggage) is "available for a fee" I understand that is a way to save me some money. What makes this airline the worst experience I have ever had traveling is the fact my flight was delayed - I understand that happens - but that made it so they could not get me on my connecting flight home. They cannot get another flight on their airline for another 2 days. They refuse to help me at the desk I call their customer service line on my own personal phone which took several hours for them to tell me they will not help me get on another airline. I have to stay at the airport for 2 days. Not even an upgraded seat. I saved a little money on Frontier tickets and they are costing me hundreds of dollars. I will never consider giving them my business again.
Cabin Staff Service N/A

Frontier Airlines customer review

Poor inflexible service. If you don't have your boarding pass printed before you get to the airport you might miss your flight. Their machine shut off 45 min before the flight and they don't staff their counters. 30 min on the phone and they were still inflexible. Couldn't rebook flight until 4 days out. Don't use this airline.
Seat Comfort N/A

Frontier Airlines customer review

SEA to OKC round trip 4/10/2014 coming home on 4/14. I made sure I checked all their rules checked one golf bag online saved 5 dollars each way. Plane was not as clean as would like. Just an uneventful trip with no snags. the Denver to SEA connection was very close time wise. If you do your homework and plan you can save money flying with them. I would fly them again.

Frontier Airlines customer review

My wife and I flew from SEATAC to Midway near Chicago with a stop in Denver. This was round-trip so there were four flights in all. Not one flight left on time. You would think the law of probably would ensure that at least one flight would be on schedule but that was not so. We flew classic plus so we had one free checked bag one free carry-on and a free drink during the flight. I feel sorry for those that had to pay for those things. When did we have to start paying extra for customer service? Since you have to pay extra for everything everybody tries to make all their luggage carry-on. This slowed down the boarding process and only made the whole experience worse. Everything but the seat you were sitting in was extra and it seems that if federal guidelines would allow them to pack more people onto a plane by doing away with the seats they would do that too! The flight attendants were courteous to your face but since we sat in the front right next to them we could overhear them talking about passengers in the back and previous passengers on other flights. Very unprofessional. I would not recommend this airline to anyone expecting a decent experience. If you don't mind being treated like you are cattle being led to slaughter then this airline is for you. I wouldn't fly Frontier again no matter how low the fare is.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I fly all the time and try to fly Frontier if at all possible that is until tonight. I won't be flying them anymore. Flying Denver to Kansas City originally leaving at 7.15. After three gate changes our flight is delayed over 2 hours. Funny thing is there is a later Frontier flight flying to Kansas City and they are boarding now. Everyone is asking why Frontier wouldn't switch planes so earlier flight could leave first. We aren't only people affected either Frontier is moving everyone gate to gate and there are delays galore.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I fly a lot for business and must check a bag for tools. My selected seats (non premium) were rejected at check in and random seats were assigned. I expected baggage fees for checked baggage but my briefcase was large enough to qualify as a carry on instead of a personal item. Sizing explanation was not available until the rate increased from $50 to $100. Random seat assignment always means middle seat assignment. My return flight was not as booked but this may be my travel agent. By the time all of the surprise fees were added I could have flown another carrier for less. They would be better named hidden fee or bait and switch airlines. Alaska Delta and United would be better choices for routes in the Northwest and West. I didn't eat or drink on the flight but n/a is not a review option so I chose no opinion. The flight crew was professional and genial the check in staff was bright and chipper but unhelpful.

Frontier Airlines customer review

Flew PHX-DEN on 3/27 for $90 a person during spring break. Flight was on time boarding quick and organized except for the carry on bag size check which was very unorganized at boarding. Flight attendants gave out water for free and on a 1.5 hr flight food and drink purchases weren't needed. Checked bag was out before we even got to the baggage claim belt. All in all a very positive experience and highly recommend Frontier.

Frontier Airlines customer review

I was penalized because I booked my flight through Orbitz. I had to pay for seats - $8 a piece so that I could sit with my kids. The airlines nickel and dimes you - you pay to carry on or to check a bag. I ended up paying $80 each direction to check 4 bags for my family. Then they give you no beverages for free on the flight - a 4hr flight and you have to pay $2 for a coffee or soda! Finally - their computer system could not let us check in online - because my husband and son share the same full name - one is Jr the other is III. I have never had a problem with this on any other airline. Frontier told me I should have booked their tickets separately.

Frontier Airlines customer review

Denver-Orlando and return: March 18-24 (FFT678/FFT681). If you know what you are getting into with this airline it's not half bad. I researched and knew Frontier charges for carry-ons if you don't meet the requirements or book a fare on their website so I made sure to bring a proper sized bag and got on no problem. I do the same thing when I fly Spirit. The customer service wasn't very good in Denver but once on the plane the flight attendants were very nice and helpful especially when my TV broke and the customer service in Orlando was noticeably better. The flight on the way out was delayed due to snow and wind but I can't fault Frontier. Overall an enjoyable experience and considering they have TV (yes they charge but so do most others) I did my research and they were nearly $200 cheaper than the nearest non-stop competitor I would certainly would continue flying them again.