Flair Airlines

" last time for Flair Airlines"

Not Verified | Arrival at airport In Winnipeg for flight leaving at 20:00 and was informed that the flight will leave at 22:25. With no explanation other then there was a problem with the plane. I was not offered anything for this. Remember you pay for what you get. Instead of arriving in Hamilton at 23:35 we arrive at 02:45. I normally Fly Air Canada and West Jet all the time and this has never happened First and last time for Flair Airlines for me.
RouteWinnipeg to Hamilton

"a wonderful service"

Trip Verified | Calgary to Vancouver. The service from the check in counter, boarding, inflight service till we landed was awesome. I did not encounter any problems at any stage. My family flew from Calgary to Vancouver and from Vancouver back to Calgary. The agents did a great job. I will definitely fly with Flair in the future. Only thing which was not right was one of our bags was open and my daughters perfume bottle was missing. I would not care much after a wonderful service but will appreciate if this could be looked into.
RouteCalgary to Vancouver

"We were very satisfied"

Trip Verified | We were very satisfied with our experience with Flair Airlines. We booked flights for our family that gave us free flights for our kids. We were initially concerned after reading negative reviews, however we had no difficulties with our trip. I read through the website and understood in advance that I would need to pay for carry on or checked luggage, and that we would need to print the boarding passes in advance. I also understood that the airline counter closes an hour before the scheduled flight and made sure we left plenty of time to check in. With this being a discount airline, people need to be prepared that you pay for a seat - that's it. Anything else you will need to pay extra for - that's why this is discount. We found the staff to be pleasant, and the pilots talked to our kids and showed them the cockpit before the flight. Our son left his tablet on the flight and the airline was able to locate it and returned it to us en route home, which we were really appreciate of. I think the airline could make improvements to it's website to be clearer when booking, and it is difficult to connect with customer service.
RouteCalgary to Hamilton via Winnipeg

"Don't book with Flair"

Trip Verified | Don't book with Flair. Was booked for 7:30 leave Abby, 11:30 arrive Hamilton direct. The day before when you are allowed to check in electronically, found out flights had been changed to 8:30 stop in Edmonton at 11 till 4pm then stuck on the plane till 11:30 stopping in Winnipeg where they don't let you off to eat then finally destination Hamilton at almost midnight--12 hours later than promised doing the milk run! Get this - return flight wasn't even the direct cities promised. Changed to Toronto and Vancouver, waited hours on phone to speak to anyone even slightly helpful and after four agents tossing you to transfer to the next guy and then the next guy ended up with a meticulously spelled out email itineraries at flair to send an electronic message. PS this email bounced back as invalid. This was the result after two and a half hours of phone time being tossed and transferred from four different agents. Fun stuff. Begging for partial refund for return flight or explanation has gotten me nowhere so far. Still waiting for 72 hours for different route electronic response, sad sad system.
RouteAbbotsford to Hamilton via Edmonton, Winnipeg

"horrible customer service"

Trip Verified | Hamilton to Abbotsford via Edmonton. Absolutely horrible customer service. Do not fly with Flair. AVOID AT ALL COSTS. I missed my first leg of this flight and managed to miraculously book a separate flight to make it in time for my connecting flight in Edmonton. I was informed by Flair Airlines that because I missed my first flight, even though there is a 5hr 45min layover in Edmonton my ticket was void. Absolutely abysmal customer service. Incredibly disappointed that they couldn't get me on the flight in Edmonton.
RouteHamilton to Abbotsford via Edmonton
Date FlownJuly 2018

"had to pay for carry on"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Toronto. This flight charges for carry on, the 7kg that they allow is only for the bag you are allowed to keep under your seat. Any carry on to be placed in the above cabin is charged 35$. I had booked a ticket for my cousin and she had to pay 35$ on the airport for the cabin carry on which is normally free with other flights. In no way is this a cheap airline. Would never recommend this airline.
RouteVancouver to Toronto

"disappointed and frustrated"

Trip Verified | I flew from Calgary to Vancouver and Im really disappointed and frustrated. First, I coudn't do my checkin online all the time the system gives me error. At the airport the customer service charge me for my small luggage even it was under 7kg, $52.5. When I call them there is no customer service - Ive been waiting for more than 1h to talk to someone and he told that he can do nothing for me. If you have to pay for a luggage make sure to take a receipt.otherwise you will be surprise when you check you visa.
RouteCalgary to Vancouver
Date FlownJuly 2018

"they have no customer service"

Trip Verified | I see how Flair is able to provide such cheap flights now - they have no customer service. I purchased check-in luggage at the time of booking and when I got to the ticket counter at YVR, the agent told me they had me marked as carry-on (I was flying to Kelowna). I told them that wasn't correct because I was flying to San Diego (with a different airline) and was gone for two weeks (i.e., I needed a proper suitcase). She said it wasn't a problem, but she would have to charge me for the check-in bag and gave me the customer care line and told me to call in and they could refund it as she had placed a note on my reservation. So I did and I waited online for well over an hour, only to find out the call centre cannot issue a refund and they would escalate it and I would hear from a manager within three days max. It's been two weeks and I've emailed them but no reply, so I called again, waited on hold for 20 minutes and was told the same thing. I complained that I hadn't heard back and had already been promised this call from management and was not satisfied with that answer. I find it very hard to believe that a) they can't issue refunds and b) there was no manager to talk to nor was there any way for her to transfer me to the 'refund department'. I'm livid. I'm a working grad student and have been double charged for my bags because the original agent promised me a simple refund process.
RouteVancouver to Kelowna
Date FlownJune 2018

"get a way to trick you"

Trip Verified | Took Flair Airlines from Edmonton to Hamilton, everything was great, however when I was printing tickets and there was a choice to check in bags. ( I had only one bag I needed to check in). I was about to choose 1 bag but down below all the options says “keep existing bag ?” (for witch I paid fo ), so I chose this one and continued, got my e ticket and click gone. Got to the airport and they asked me to pay 35$ for my check in bag! Which is suppose to be 25$ when I booking online (I did everything online! ). so disappointed that this airline hiding details. (Why would they ask me to keep my existing bag to over charge at the airport?. Quite disappointed that this airline will get a way to trick you.
RouteHamilton to Edmonton

"we were very pleased"

Not Verified | Hamilton to Edmonton. We had read so many negative reviews about Flair. But we decided to take a chance because the fare was unbeatable and made it affordable to even go. We were so skeptics after all the reviews but we got to the airport, check in was so smooth. We waited for our flight, boarded and took off on time! It was an older aircraft, no bells and whistles (but that is the point of affordable flying!) but the leg room was awesome! Older planes had more room before they figured out they could pack everyone like sardines! My husband is 6’5” and was so happy his knees did not even touch the seat in front. The crew were awesome!! They served water twice and offered other drinks and snacks for purchase. One of the flight attendants was so kind. There was a 16 year old boy sitting behind us, flying alone to go see his grandma. He didn’t have a credit card and all the airlines only take CC these days and he really wanted a bag of chips. I was going to buy to for him but before I could even offer the flight a attendant told him it was on her. So kind. We landed, got our luggage within a few minutes and we were off. No complaints at all. For an economy 4.5 hour flight, which was truly economy, we were very pleased.
RouteHamilton to Edmonton