Flair Airlines

"delay times kept changing"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Abbotsford. There was a 6.5 hour delay and the delay times kept changing and I had to ask the Flair counter to get updates. By not keeping your client informed of the changes just makes people more upset. I understand mechanical issues arise however keeping people informed is key. They won’t be happy however speaking with them makes it better then asking people that don’t even know is a bigger issue.
RouteEdmonton to Abbotsford

"flight from hell"

Trip Verified | Winnipeg to Edmonton. Total disaster: We arrived at the Winnipeg International Airport at 7am, ticketed, went through security and boarded by 8:15am for a 8:20am flight. We were then told aircraft would not start so we deplaned and waited as Flair Air kept changing the departure time. To make matters worse they kept changing the story on whether a new airplane would arrive or ours repaired. We finally started to board again at 4:32pm for a 5pm departure. This has been the flight from hell! I will never!! And yes, never is a long time, I will never fly with this airline again!
RouteWinnipeg to Edmonton

"Worst airline ever"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Winnipeg. Worst airline ever, spend the extra money on air Canada or west jet, plane was to leave at 445pm, got delayed till 700pm didn't get on the plane until 1230am, no reason why, awful customer service did offer any consolation for the delay. Theres a reason why they are cheap you definitely get what you pay for, spend the few hundred and get a reliable established airline.
RouteEdmonton to Winnipeg

"fly AC or WestJet"

Not Verified | Flight out of Calgary to Vancouver scheduled for 7:20am. We arrive to the gate at 5:30am and are told we'll be leaving at 2:30pm if we're lucky. Flair states that operational maintenance is the reason for the long delay. So basically, the plane broke down and we have no idea how long it's going to take to fix. Can't wait to finally board it! Hopefully this airline is out of business by next Christmas. Pay the extra money and fly AC or WestJet, there's a reason why Flair is cheap.
RouteCalgary to Vancouver

"Big mistake"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Calgary. Haven't even dropped my bags and I already have crossed them off. I typically fly Air Canada but decided to check out the newcomer Flair. Big mistake. Preface: I am a fairly frequent flyer. As a result, I have my ID ready, know the weight limits, wasn't surprised by the charges (purchased the max fare anyway, so everything is included), suitcases all fit in sizers, etc. I am currently sitting in the departures area of Toronto and having not even dropped my bag off, I have already decided that I wish this airline a quick demise. The experience started out with a glitchy website that made checking in require a lot of extra clicks and several attempts. Fine, I can forgive that as they are a newcomer. But their one get out of jail card is gone 24 hours before the flight. Arriving at Toronto Pearson, I had a difficult time finding the Flair desk because they are so cheap that they don't even splurge on a sign. Numerous passengers for the flight had to ask for directions to where Flair was after marching up and down the departure hall in futility. In addition, they seem to only check in one flight at a time. After waiting in line for a while (as they don't have fast bag drop, automated ticket printers, or anything else really), I was told to come back later for when they were done with all the passengers for the other plane. Went back after the line had cleared and at the time they recommended I return. Was again sent away. Well, away from Flair I shall go. Hope the flight is marginally better.
RouteToronto to Calgary

"Really disappointing experience"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Calgary. Really disappointing experience and won’t be flying again. Flair Airlines checkin charges for carry on without explicitly stating that personal items are allowed on. I paid for a carry on and then at the airport was told that I didn’t have to pay for it and that by contacting support I could have it refunded. The support rep refused to refund the charge, wouldn’t transfer me to a supervisor and told me that I would only be contacted if the supervisors had a different answer then he did, even after I explicitly requested that I receive a call back no matter the answer. The amount of nonsense that they threw at me for $35 was insane. I spent hundreds of dollars on this flight and I can’t even guarantee a call back? Terrible service and I will actively never use this company again.
RouteVancouver to Calgary
Date FlownDecember 2018

"airline has lost his bag"

Not Verified | I am writing this on behalf of my son Who flew Flair Air on Dec 17th from Calgary to Abbotsford BC flight #8385. We paid to check a hockey bag he had with him with tools for his job. The airline has lost his bag and despite all the calls, emails and Facebook messages we have had not received any correspondence in return. To say that I'm mad as hell is a drop in the bucket to how my son feels. He was to work back home in Vancouver and now is jobless until he can replace his tools and work gear. So if you want your livelihood ruined and a pile of unneeded stress the Flair air is the one for you! Bravo Flair air you're officially worse than Air Canada.
RouteCalgary to Abbotsford
Date FlownDecember 2018

"never use this airline again"

Not Verified | I will never use this airline again. I would rather pay the extra money and fly WestJet. I booked a ticket for my mother, and had to cancel it for other issues. Called customer service, placed on a 25 min hold, then told I cannot cancel my mother has to call To authorize it. Even though it was paid for on my credit card! My mother is an elderly woman. It was not within her means to planning her trip, it was my responsibility. Dumbest rule that I have ever encountered.
RouteKelowna to Edmonton
Date FlownDecember 2018

"the savings aren't worth it"

Trip Verified | Abbotsford to Edmonton. This was my first time flying with Flair Airlines. I had the worst experience, my plane was 5 hours late. And my baggage was lost. I called to inquire about my bag and they said I should receive an email within 5 business days to give me an update. Never fly with Flair, the savings aren't worth it.
RouteAbbotsford to Edmonton
Date FlownDecember 2018

"staff just seemed to shrug their shoulders"

Not Verified | First flight was delayed an hour and 45 minutes from Vancouver to Edmonton. When I arrived in Edmonton, I expected to be boarding my connecting flight only to find out that it was delayed from the original 5.05 pm departure time to 9.15 pm. No reason given and staff just seemed to shrug their shoulders. I dont think I will be flying Flair Airlines again.
RouteVancouver to Winnipeg via Edmonton