Flair Airlines

"frustrating customer service"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Halifax via Hamilton. Incredibly frustrating customer service experience. Me and 2 of my siblings (with our families) have flown with them this month and all have had a very awful inconvenient experiences- with very unhelpful customer service when calling in to the contact number - and no response to email contact. So disappointing, as I believe Canada is in need of low cost air carrier - unfortunately- sacrificing customer care isn’t the way to go about it.
RouteEdmonton to Halifax via Hamilton

"encountered no problems"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Calgary. I have to be honest; after reading the reviews on this airline made me want to refund my ticket. However, I wanted to fly with them to see it myself. At the check-in, the lady is nice and approachable. She made sure I knew the gate number and where to board. The cabin crew is friendly enough to answer my questions. Additionally, the plane left just in time and arrived earlier at destination. I have encountered no problems with my trip.
RouteVancouver to Calgary
Date FlownAugust 2018

"does not list purchased bags"

Trip Verified | I booked online and it asks you to purchase your bags (carry on and checked bags). I purchased one each. It was listed in my final price which I paid by credit card. Later, I went online to check in as the flight was that night. I entered my reservation number and it brought up my information (name, address etc). Then it asked if I wanted to purchase carry on or checked bags! It did not list the bags I already thought I’d purchased, so I entered one each. It charged me $55 (and I never received an email receipt for that purchase!) I called them later to check and it did charge me twice! They said to email the support to request a refund. The answer I got back was “Bags are not refundable!” Their website is not clear and does not list purchased bags when you are checking in - be careful! The flight was 2 hours late leaving as well!
RouteVancouver to Edmonton
Date FlownAugust 2018

"definitely use them again"

Not Verified | Edmonton to Vancouver. Was sceptical at first, as the ticket price was incredibly inexpensive. But Flair proved to be a great airline to fly with. The crew was very good natured and helpful. As long as you don't have a ton of luggage, it is extremely affordable to fly with them. I'd definitely use them again.
RouteEdmonton to Vancouver
Date FlownAugust 2018

"will never fly with this airline"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Hamilton. Sent my nephew home yesterday. Due to unforeseen circumstances, he was 5 minutes late for checking in. Was told by CSR that there were no exceptions. Talked to a supervisor and managed to get him checked in for the flight, but long story short he missed it. That isn't the complaint though. His luggage ended up going ahead of him and was waiting at the Hamilton Airport. The flight was a late one landing around 11:30 pm but the Flair Air counter was closed so, he couldn't get his luggage. When my sister got home, she had a phone call from Flair Air saying they had his luggage and were waiting for him to pick it up. From who? There was no one at the counter! My sister was told she could come back the next day to pick it up between 10 am and 2 pm. So, she took the day off work so she could travel back to the airport where she had to wait another half an hour while they unloaded a plane. Not sure if they shipped his luggage somewhere where it had to be unloaded again or what?? To top it off, she could see the luggage behind the counter with no one there to speak to, not one person. When she finally got the luggage, she wasn't even asked for ID. Based on this experience alone, I will never fly with this airline.
RouteEdmonton to Hamilton

"not worth the hassle"

Trip Verified | Calgary to Hamilton via Winnipeg. Extremely disappointed with the service of the gate crew whowere rude and attitude of the flight crew matched that. Family traveling together the online checkin issues the boarding pass to a single mobile device but the gate crew had other ideas. They threatened travelers with extra charges for their system being down and that resulted with some inconveniences on them. The discount is not worth the hassle and all the inconveniences. I would not recommend to anyone.
RouteCalgary to Hamilton via Winnipeg
Date FlownAugust 2018

" Flair was incredibly good"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Winnipeg. For a 'no frills' airline, Flair was incredibly good. I have read the negative reviews and I just can't relate. Direct flight from Van to Wpg was perfectly on time with no issues. I was able to check in online and get boarding pass emailed to me without a hitch. On the way back, the flight stopped in Calgary before continuing on to Vancouver. Again, checking in and getting boarding pass was easy peasy. Flight left a few minutes early, was early to Calgary, left Calgary early, and was in Vancouver early. Of course there is no entertainment and of course you have to pay for larger carry-on luggage, but so what! This is something that you plan for when you book. And assigned seating is actually cheaper than most major airlines. Last but not least, the flight attendants were personable, friendly, fun, and professional. Maybe I was just lucky, but this Flair flight was better than most Air Canada flights I've taken in the last 10 years. Better on-time performance and more personable and helpful employees. Way to go!
RouteVancouver to Winnipeg

"lost my sons car seat"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Calgary. My son and I flew with Flair on July 31st returning August 3rd, 2018. Flair lost my sons car seat on the way to Calgary. Did not give us a car seat to use in Calgary. Had to find one ourselves to rent. No custom service line to call and no answer to emails. Got back to Vancouver expecting to find my car seat because the agent in Calgary said it was there. No Car seat! They gave me a booster seat. My son is 2 and a half. Legally can not seat in a car seat. They called me this week. They have found my car seat and I can now go and pick it up. But they can not guarantee that nothing happen to my car seat. It would be unsafe for me to use it. I have asked them to replace my car seat and I have had to answer. They will not pass the message on to the manager. Im not sure if a manager exists. Extremely poor custom service. Not with the cheap prices. Do not fly with Flair.
RouteVancouver to Calgary

"Worst experience ever"

Trip Verified | Winnipeg to Hamilton. Worst experience ever. My personal item was just 1-2 inches bigger than the dimensions they specified. They charged me for 23 kgs checked bag while i was having a small trolley with 6 kg. This was unacceptable. I always carried this small trolley bag in every airline as it fits properly under the seat. Though i explained this to their crew member but they were sticking to their laws and no cooperation was done at all. I mean paying charges of 23 kg luggage for 6 kg cabin bag is because it was marginally bigger.
RouteWinnipeg to Hamilton

"unethical business practices"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | In April 2018 I purchased a ticket from Toronto Pearson to Halifax with Flair Airlines. The day before my flight (July 8) I looked up the reservation details and was floored to see that the flight was departing from Hamilton, about two hours away. I looked back in my email inbox, thinking I had accidentally booked a flight from Hamilton, but the original confirmation email indeed said Toronto. I spent hours trying to get in touch with the company, both through their general hotline and their "dedicated itinerary hotline" -- to no avail. Thankfully I managed to find a drive to Hamilton in the end. The flight was 75% empty (see attached photo). Afterward I managed to get in touch with a company representative. They said that they had "consolidated" their flights and mine had been "consolidated" to Hamilton, and that my notification email must have gotten lost in the spam folder. I am used to airlines changing the time of the flight, but I find it completely acceptable that they would sell me a ticket for one airport and then swap it out for an airport two hours away without my consent. I don't think this company will last long. I've left out a lot of details for brevity, but in a nutshell: unethical business practices, near-nonexistent customer service, and generally seems like a train wreck of a company. Worst travel experience I have had in a long time. Avoid.
RouteToronto to Halifax