Flair Airlines

"By far the worst service"

Trip Verified | By far the worst service I have ever had, on two separate occasions. Flight from Winnipeg to Calgary on October 6th was 2-3 hours delayed, getting us into Calgary at nearly midnight on a Sunday. There was no apology or consideration for the passengers and the fact that people have to work the following day. I was scheduled to fly with this airline from Calgary to Toronto on November 7th but became very ill the week before, was hospitalized and prohibited from travelling. I called to speak with a representative who blatantly ignored my situation and was very prompt to inform me of the $125 rebook fee. I accepted that I would have to pay this, as I did not purchase travel insurance. However, she then told me I would have to pay more for the new ticket (booked in January) because the outbound flight was more expensive, despite the fact that the inbound flight was cheaper and the overall cost was exactly the same. In her words, I would have to pay for a more expensive outbound flight but would not be given credit for the "much cheaper" inbound flight because I was rescheduling. In my opinion, stay away from this airline. Their corporation lacks compassion, empathy, any flexibility and human quality.
RouteCalgary to Toronto via Winnipeg
Date FlownOctober 2019

"You won't get quality service"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Calgary. None of the attendants (at the front desk, or at boarding, and even while on the aircraft) seemed attentive to customer satisfaction and were not interested in gaining feedback. The attendants at the front desk seemed to be distracted, even when they appeared idle; I was told, "this is a budget airline" when I learned my flight would be delayed by four hours. Nonetheless, I was offered a full refund, which I do appreciate. I would not recommend this service to anyone, especially if you are able to purchase a flight with WestJet or Air Canada for a decent price just two weeks before departure. You won't get quality service or timely departures here! Please, just save yourself the trouble and book your flight with another airline.
RouteVancouver to Calgary
Date FlownOctober 2019

"experiences were top notch"

Trip Verified | Calgary to Abbotsford. I have flown Flair about 10 times now, and all of my experiences were top notch. OK, there was a delay on one of the flights. On my last trip the plane hit a sudden downdraft as it descended causing some passengers to scream. This sort of turbulence stayed on the approach and at times it was like riding the roller coaster. The pilot aborted the first attempt and swung around for a second try, culminating in a perfect landing. I had the pleasure of seeing the same crew on my return to Vancouver, and the crew here was as good as they get.
RouteCalgary to Abbotsford
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Great experience with Flair"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Calgary. Great experience with Flair. Great customer service. Stewardess Mary was a hoot. She made the flight pleasurable.We traveled round trip Toronto / Calgary. Bit of confusion checking in but was resolved at the airport. Was hesitant at first to travel Flair with all the negative reviews but everyone went smoothly. I would use them again.
RouteToronto to Calgary

"A bad experience"

Trip Verified | A bad experience, never ever again with Flair Airlines! It says that it is a non-stop trip but my flight from Calgary to Toronto airport stopped at Winnipeg airport! No beverage, they charged me for carry on baggage, plus they charged my visa a small amount after the price of the ticket that they never mentioned.
RouteCalgary to Toronto
Date FlownOctober 2019

"welcoming, knowledgeable, and pleasant"

Not Verified | Kelowna to Edmonton. I’ve flown with Flair Airlines a few times now and have never experienced any delays or disruptions. All of the staff members I’ve encountered (from ticket agents to flight attendants) have been welcoming, knowledgeable, and pleasant. Snacks and beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) can be purchased on board for a reasonable fee. Wait time for checked bags is the same as any other airline. Prices are absolutely unbeatable! This airline makes it so much easier and more affordable for me to go visit my family and I will continue to book with them again and again.
RouteKelowna to Edmonton
Date FlownOctober 2019

"is as budget as it gets"

Not Verified | Vancouver to Calgary with Flair Airlines. Horrible service tricks you into thinking it's a cheap flight deal but you get dinged with expenses, luggage and carry on etc.. And if you don't check in you get dinged too. Aswell with the boarding pass. Both flights were delayed, here and home airplane were dirty and not been cleaned. I would rather spend my money on a more reliable and quality airline. This one is as budget as it gets. And the worst part is, I could have bought a better serviced flight with what I have forked out on this trip with all "add ons." Carry on charge, checked luggage, inflight charge, boarding pass charge and check in charge and it's still not on time going to Calgary or back home. The cancelation is more than the flight was originally worth.
RouteVancouver to Calgary

"Horrible experience"

Not Verified | The worst airline in the world! I have traveled many many times but this airline is horrible. We were traveling from Abbotsford to Calgary with 2 kids and got to the baggage check in within the hour, their counter was already closed and there were 15 other people waiting in the line up. When we called their customer service they said the only way to catch this plane is to leave your luggage behind. Horrible experience, this was my first and last time using Flair Airlines.
RouteAbbotsford to Calgary

"awful customer support"

Trip Verified | Abbotsford to Winnipeg via Calgary with Flair Airlines. Awful. Nickles and dimes customers for higher rates than competitors and refuses any accomodation or leeway when it comes to flight cancellations. They follow the law to the bare minimum and have awful customer support. Avoid, avoid, avoid.
RouteAbbotsford to Winnipeg via Calgary

"I had to pay again"

Trip Verified | Recently, I have taking a flight from Toronto to Calgary on October 2, at 7:25 am Toronto time. However, dispute having a boarding pass,seat 15 E, I was denied boarding. The reason was my PR card name does not much my ticket name and my interim driver licence had an error in my name. To answer that I have produced my legal name change certificate, my SIN, my Alberta health card, my other IDs such as a photo student ID. And I pointed out that an error was made in my driver licence by Service Canada and I was not aware of it. However the docs I showed were enough to prove my identity. Regardless my boarding was denied and Melissa, person at check point, demanded 415.95 CAD for a new ticket! However, she did accept the payment for my baggage from my first ticket. So, why my baggage was ok to fly and I am a human was not and I had to pay again? I had not choice and I did pay again. I had contacted the web of the Flair Airlines and they briefly reversed the transaction and on October 4, 2019 they posted it again.
AircraftF8301