Flair Airlines

"non-accommodating staff"

Trip Verified | Calgary to Winnipeg. It’s a wonder the reviews for this airline are over 2 stars .. terrible desk staff, no consistency with regards to what constitutes “personal carry on”, non-accommodating staff. This was my first and certainly my last, experience with the airline. It takes nothing to be polite.
RouteCalgary to Winnipeg

"Flair was awesome!"

Not Verified | Flair was awesome! I flew to Edmonton for crazy cheap with my son. No issues at all and great customer service. I am so sad to hear they are leaving Abbotsford! We had a horrible experience with Swoop and was only ever going to book with flair.
RouteAbbotsford to Edmonton
Date FlownApril 2019

"no flexibility in travel rebook dates"

Not Verified | My husband fell ill before our flight and I tried to phone 48 hours before departure but was placed on hold for several hours. When a service agent spoke to me, she indicated that we would could cancel but we would receive NO refund. She gave us a three month window within which we could rebook and travel but we would have to pay $150 each plus taxes for a "rebooking fee". When I told her my son was in school for the next three months and could not take time off until the following month, she told me that there was no flexibility in travel rebook dates; he had to use it within this window. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, she told me that it was moot. She explained that I would have to be placed on hold for another few hours and that the answer would be the same. I waited for the supervisor (for 1.5 hours) who literally laughed aloud when I told him that this was inequitable and that we could only travel the month following the allotted window. He told me there was no one else to whom I could appeal. He suggested I send an email to the customer service agent. He then told me that he had cancelled my flight but when I asked for a cancellation number, he said that there was none to share but an email would be forthcoming. No email was sent and I couldn't apply for trip cancellation insurance without it. Flair Air is a risky airline; I strongly caution anyone who is considering booking. Pay the extra money to book with a reliable and reputable airline.
RouteToronto to Calgary
Date FlownMarch 2020

"lost all confidence in rebooking "

Trip Verified | On March 10,2020, I received an email stating that my flight that I booked for march 26th, from Calgary to Abbotsford has been cancelled due to scheduling changes and I've been placed on the next available flight. Well not only does this not work for me, but I am now out $300 additional that I now have to pay extra to rebook my flight for me and my son so that we can be Abbotsford on time to Check into our event that we are attending for 4 days. This is my first time booking with Flair airlines. I took a huge change one month ago when I booked the 2 way flight for me and my son with Flair. I could have gotten the flight with WestJet for just slightly more, but I thought I would give Flair a chance, and now this has happened. I've already lost all confidence in rebooking in the future. I am planning a trip to Halifax this coming August, and was again planning to use Flair airlines, but after this cancellation, considering I now have to spend an additional $300 to rebook immediately, how could I chance using this company again? And with no compensation offered for the extra expense I now have incurred. To make this even worse, I called Flair today and they could not even tell me why the flight was cancelled. Again to top it all of, on both the flair website, and flight network, it currently says thay the flight that is supposedly cancelled is still available.
RouteCalgary to Abbotsford
Date FlownMarch 2020

"flight attendants were great"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Toronto. I would consider myself a fairly seasoned traveler. I expected a no frills experience, and I got it. With these low fare airlines, operations can be dicey, so I was expecting rough waters in terms of check in, baggage drop, boarding, on time departure, etc. Not the case at all! Every single person at the airline was incredibly friendly and incredibly accommodating. We were riding the line in terms of baggage drop time on the way to Edmonton, and the employee working the bag drop made sure everyone in line heading to Edmonton got their bags in before the cutoff, which we appreciated. The flights left on time. Boarding was quick and efficient. The flight attendants were great. They came around several times with the paid food cart and the flights weren’t full at all. We purchased their unlimited travel pass so just paid for taxes/fees and our seat charges (emergency exit row). There isn’t Wifi, there isn’t entertainment. Food options are sparse, which seems like a missed opportunity for Flair. Sandwiches or hot food (like in many Euro budget airlines) seems like an easy thing to do. But, for what it was, it was perfect. I’m excited to fly them again and will have no hesitation to book them again.
RouteEdmonton to Toronto
Date FlownMarch 2020

"picture ID, had expired one month prior"

Trip Verified | Calgary to Vancouver. Traveling with my 60+ blind father and my 13-year-old son, to visit my sister for her graduation in Calgary. We arrived at YVR to check in for what we thought would be an easy, quick domestic flight turned into a living nightmare and the Flair Air staff and YVR staff supervisor were the most unhelpful, unempathetic and rude people I have ever dealt with. My father's DL, his only picture ID, had expired one month prior to our flight. We pleaded with staff to help us, as turning around at this point to drive 2.5 hours round trip home and back to YVR to grab his passport which he only uses for international travel would cause all of us to miss our flight. A flight which only operates once a day to our intended destination. Not only did Flair Air refuse to accept his ID, they told us that they would charge us to book him another flight. This was our first and last time we will fly Flair Air.
RouteCalgary to Vancouver
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"ticket prices are much lower"

Not Verified | Vancouver to Edmonton. Flair is a good airline if you understand what its like to travel in Canada vs the rest of the world. Flair's ticket prices are much lower than the premium airlines especially because it gives you the option to save money. Bring your own entertainment device - no entertainment on board. Bring your own food too.
RouteVancouver to Edmonton
Date FlownAugust 2019

"great experience"

Not Verified | Abbotsford to Calgary. I was very nervous to fly with Flair air after reading many negative reviews. I was pleasantly surprised at how smooth it went. Nice plan, friendly staff and great experience all the way around.
RouteAbbotsford to Calgary
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"I had to pay for a new ticket"

Trip Verified | Winnipeg to Toronto. When i got to the airport and went to check in, the lady at the counter had already left. A person from another airline said she had left an hour before. Due to her not being there i couldn't get my boarding pass and couldn't get on the plane. I had to pay for a new ticket. I chose this airline because it was the cheapest. Had i known this i could've paid a bit more and fly with a more reputable airline.
RouteWinnipeg to Toronto

"did not even help her"

Not Verified | Toronto to Edmonton. Disappointed with the airline. Staff were very rude to my daughter who is carrying a nine month old. The agent at the counter was very rude to her and did not even help her put her stroller or car seat up to help her while she carried her baby and then when she got on the plane she had to ask for assistance by other passengers. The flight attendants would not help her whatsoever.
RouteToronto to Edmonton