Flair Airlines

"no compassion for any situation"

Not Verified | I have booked 2 one way tickets to Toronto from Vancouver for October 24th. For 2 passengers it had cost my only $138. These tickets were purchased on August 25th and today is August 31st. I had contact flair airline to change my flight time (same flight date) but just to arrive 6 hours prior. Flair had informed me I would have to pay a charge of $29 each passenger to change these which I believe is very reasonable however the flight difference would cost me an additional $250 on top of the $138 already paid and then the changing penalties, It’s pretty ridiculous, and intentional, absolutely no compassion for any situation.
RouteVancouver to Toronto
Date FlownAugust 2022

"very poor customer service"

Not Verified | Kitchener to Halifax. You get what you pay for. They do offer cheaper flights, but is possibly the worst airline I have ever flown with. This year is my first year flying with them (3 different trips). My most recent experience is this past weekend. I went to Halifax over the weekend. My return trip on Sunday was at 3:45 pm to Kitchener airport. When I got to the airport to check-in, they informed me the flight was cancelled - because the plane wasn't safe to fly. No notice at all about the cancellation. The only available flight for that day was 9:30 at night to Toronto Pearson, we had no choice but to take the flight. We waited in the Airport for 8 additional hours, and then had to take an uber to Kitchener/Waterloo airport to pick up my car. In March I booked a weekend trip to Florida with a bunch of the girls for a girls weekend away, 2 weeks before the flight, they cancelled due to weather conditions? Trying to book a new flight without as much notice, cost me more than double than the original amount paid. They automatically book you on the next available flight which was for this trip on the Monday, the day we were supposed to be returning. Are you kidding? Flying is not cheap. So if you book, be prepared for very poor customer service. Swoop is another cheaper airline, and they are so much better. Even their airport in Hamilton has a little shopping and restaurants. Kitchener has nothing. Good Luck
RouteKitchener to Halifax
Date FlownAugust 2022

"Flair Airlines is not worth the risk"

Not Verified | We saw the bad reviews of Flair, but decided to risk it. What a mistake! I am writing this review instead of getting ready to drive to the airport, because Flair rescheduled my flight by almost a week, 9 hours before the flight, pushing our family trip with my four kids into the school year, which can't happen. A Flair rep on the chat line just hung up on my wife, who was not being particularly unreasonable. This was after she spent literally hours last night struggling to correct the luggage having disappeared from the tickets. Everything is a mess now. We have reservations at multiple hotels, multiple rental cars, family events and outings planned with relatives. My brothers-in-law took vacation time to spend time with us. My kids are waking up and about to hear. My wife is crying. Do yourself a favour and learn the easy way that Flair Airlines is not worth the risk.
RouteWaterloo to Edmonton
Date FlownAugust 2022

"Worst experience so far"

Not Verified | Me and my family's return flight was delayed by 48 hours (1 day before boarding). No reimbursement to hotel, uber, food provided. We stayed in hotel for 48 hours, and before boarding return flight, we received a message of flight delay by 45 mins. We waited, again it got delayed by 30 mins, we boarded the plane and plane took off 30 mins late even after. In total, there were several unexpected delays out of the blue with no reimbursement to what so ever! Worst experience so far I've faced. Do you think we all should fly flair airlines again? I guess NOT!
RouteVancouver to Calgary

"Extremely disappointing experience"

Not Verified | Extremely disappointing experience. My flight which was booked months in advance, cancelled a day before departure for a reason that was not a surprise. The plane didn't arrive in time from the manufacturer. I spoke to someone who was very rude on the phone who said i should get a reimbursement and compensation. Only for me to be told I can only get an amount of $600 altogether in return even though i had to book a last minute ticket of $1150 to make the destination for my cancelled flight thanks to the late cancellation. I dealt with people who were either rude or couldn't even be bothered to spell my name right in all my exchanges. It was a horrible experience with this airline.
RouteMontréal to Calgary
Date FlownJuly 2022

"don't care about providing even mediocre service"

Trip Verified | I am writing this review upon advisement of the airline. They either enjoy reading terrible reviews of their service or just really don't care about providing even mediocre service to their guests. Either way I will get right down to it. I booked a direct flight from Edmonton to Ottawa on August 3rd 2022 for the unfortunate and sudden passing of my Father. Everything seemed hopeful, until we starting boarding. After a 3.5 hour delay due to an unexpected "issue" (which would now have me landing in Ottawa in the middle of the night) we began boarding, we all received an email with a $60 food voucher attached, generous, but unfortunately it was only valid in the Edmonton International Airport on Aug 3, we were already boarded, rendering the voucher useless. The 3.5-4 hour delay had me landing in Ottawa in the middle of the night, I missed my rental reservation with Enterprise (Thankfully they were kind enough to honor the reservation from the night before) I also had to pay $200 for a hotel room. I emailed Flair Air and asked for them to reimburse the cost of my hotel room which I found under the circumstances to be completely reasonable. They declined, and invited me to forward my concerns to the CTA which I will gladly do.
AircraftBoeing 737-800MAX
RouteEdmonton to Ottawa
Date FlownAugust 2022

"Terrible airline, stay away"

Not Verified | Terrible airline, stay away. They offer cheap tickets, but they are going to ruin your vacation. I got to airport at 4:00am, just to find out the flight was canceled. There were no managers, but 2 junior staff telling people our tickets were rebooked on the next flight, 7 days later. This was a joke. I heard from other people that they waited for hours at the airport if they cannot fill seats, they just cancel the flights at the very last minute.
RouteVancouver to Las Vegas

"Horrible service"

Trip Verified | Horrible service. You pay for seats and its not honored. Lots of confusion in the aircraft. Actually had Flair attendants ask some passengers how they got on the aircraft when they had a clear. I was told by the check in attendant it was a window seat when it wasn't one., and when I complained, Flair claimed there was no record of any exchange to prove my claim.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Toronto
Date FlownAugust 2022

"ticket showed that I had no checked bag"

(Cuba)

Trip Verified | On the day that I booked the flight, I chose to pre-pay for one checked bag. Flair Airlines charged me $67.20 for this. On the day of the flight, I went to check-in online and my ticket showed that I had no checked bag. I called the airline to inquire about this, they put me on hold and after 10 minutes or so disconnected. I was in a hurry to leave for the airport so I paid for another checked bag when completing my online check-in. Also, when I booked the flight I was charged $316.20 for the flight and checked bag. When I received my Mastercard bill it showed a charge of $338.27 not to Flair Airlines but to eDreams BARCELONA ESP. When I called Flair Airlines again to inquire about this the same thing happened as the first time I called: they put me on hold and after 10 minutes disconnected the call.
RouteWinnipeg to Toronto

"Very poor experience"

Trip Verified | Very poor experience. Original booking was for at 9:25am, text message that the flight was at 11:25am. No phone number could be found to call, I had to use the chat. The chat was useless. My account still showed 9:25am as a departure time. Then I received a text that the flight was delayed and to click on a link for departure time. I clicked and put in the information under my account; on the mobile website and the app; both were showing me I had no flights to manage. I had to resort to the chat. Finally got to chat with one agent who confirmed the flight was now at 13:25. At the same time I booked 2 suitcases for baggage check and reserved 5 seats for my family so we could sit together. I was told to pay the extra fees online. Again both the mobile website and app said “no flights to manage”. I woke up at 4am to another text that the flight was delayed yet again! And again the mobile site and app continued to show no flights to manage. Back to the chat I went; 4 different agents and none could help as I had a balance to pay and didn’t seem to stick around long enough to help me figure it out. Finally one said he’d have someone call me. They did at about 6:30am; both my credit card and visa debit card were declined which made zero sense as there was plenty of availability on both cards. I had to call my bank; I did and they confirmed there was no reason on their end that the transaction would not process. They took the time to look into it; they could see the 2 attempts from Flair with the note “Problem connecting to terminal”. The Flair agent had said she’d call back at 8am. At 8:30am still no call back; I decided to try to call the number that displayed on my phone from the original call; it went through and my payment went through this time and so I was advised the flight was now at 13:45pm and to go check in online. I tried and again no access to my reservation online; in fact I got the message that the flight had already departed or was canceled! Back to the chat; checkin at the airport and the check in fees would be waived. Got to the airport; checked in and had to pay for my carryon. As per policy flights delayed over 2 hours meal vouchers are to be supplied; no ticket or boarding agent had any clue about it so I had to feed my family of 5. We get on the flight and start making our way to the row of the paid reserved seats; only to see people sitting in them! Went to see a flight attendant; we weren’t on the flight manifest; yet we stood there with boarding passes in hand and a receipt for reserved seats! About 10 minutes later the flight attendants and CSA determined it was a double booking and managed to find 5 individual seats! I told them I was not going to sit my 3 children among strangers especially after I paid for 5 seats! I got “Mam, we are doing the best we can, it’s a full flight and you are delaying the departure”. They then managed to get 3 seats together, a seat behind that row and an individual seat a few rows ahead. We landed at 20:00. Waited well over an hour for the suitcases. I do not think I will ever book with them again; many others on flight; Aug.19 F8 931, also said never again.
RouteCalgary to Montreal