Flair Airlines

"Very unimpressed"

Trip Verified | Winnipeg to Abbotsford. Flight was canceled without telling us. If I hadn't called for something eles we would of never known. A month later and we still haven't gotten our refund. My husband called to find out why and was told they refunded it already but we only got the insurance back not the $1700 for our flights. Horrible service, never again. This flight was for our wedding. I'm just glad I called way ahead of time so we can make other plans or we would of missed our wedding. Very unimpressed and I plan on telling everybody how horrible it was.
RouteWinnipeg to Abbotsford
Date FlownMay 2019

"They changed my flights"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Vancouver. Terrible airline. They changed my flights a few weeks before departure. They offered a refund to me and I asked if it would be a full refund and they said yes. I only got half of my flight refunded. Now I have to pay for the other half of the flight (that I don not need) when I already got tickets from another airline. I would not recommend them. Bad business operations and high risks. I ended up wasting time and money for nothing but frustration. Not to mention they're not even cheap. Other airlines prices are comparable. Definitely not worth trying this business.
RouteToronto to Vancouver
Date FlownMay 2019

"extremely disappointed with Flair"

Trip Verified | Review on Flair Airlines: I am extremely disappointed with Flair, I flew with Flair to Calgary from Toronto for a business trip for 8 days and Flair had changed my return flight date a day earlier with little to no notification that it has been changed. I now have had to spend $1000 to buy a one way ticket back to Toronto due to their inconsiderate way of running business. I suggest other flyers to not take Flair Airlines, I have never had so many inconveniences flying. Due to Flair being understaffed caused my flight a 4 hour delay, they changed my flight with no notice no email no call, and Flair could not give me any resolution after the 12th representative that I have spoken to and could only refund $300 after having to spend $1000 for a one way ticket back home for their inconvenience. This is ridiculous.
AircraftB737-400
RouteToronto to Calgary
Date FlownApril 2019

"the worst part, not one apology"

Trip Verified | Our family travelled Abbotsford to Winnipeg via Edmonton. About a week before we travelled we received notification the flights would all be delayed by hours but by then we were already committed. Instead of an 8.30pm arrival in Winnipeg it was closer to 11pm. We had another hour to travel which was tricky with tired kids. Coming back to Abbotsford on the Monday morning was even more exhausting. A 9.30am departure Winnipeg with a 4 hour layover in Calgary getting us back to Abbotsford for 4.30pm. This is a 2 hr non stop journey in the summertime - we could have gone to Europe with this travel time! We would never have bought these flights with these delays across the board. And the worst part, not one apology. Not a single complimentary cup of coffee. Unbelievable. If I treated my customers in my business lie we were treated - I wouldn't have any.
RouteAbbotsford to Winnipeg via Edmonton

"child in emergency row"

Trip Verified | From YWG to YVR. Online seat selection allowed us to book a child in emergency row, which we should not be able to do. Flight attendants were courteous but claimed that we should not have done it. We would not have done it if we had known it was an emergency row or if the rules were clearly posted about eligibility of those seats of if the Flair online system automatically prohibited a child from sitting there (we are required to enter chilren's ages). Flair also triple booked our seats on flight from YVR to YWG.
RouteVancouver to Winnipeg

"Can’t beat the price"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Vancouver. Awesome airline. Can’t beat the price. No issues and this is my 5th time flying. No frills airline, great service, always has been in time. No issues
RouteEdmonton to Vancouver
Date FlownApril 2019

"definitely fly with Flair again"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Vancouver. Amazing Deal and flight. My flight from Edmonton to Vancouver was only $108.50 which included a checked bag! Flight arrived on time, seat had lots of leg room and the crew was friendly. I would definitely fly with Flair again.
RouteEdmonton to Vancouver

"cancel my return trip"

Trip Verified | Flair Airline cancel my return trip from Toronto to Edmonton did not send any confirmation of cancellation, not even offer for a refund whatsoever. No clear communication, nothing at all. There customers service are awful. They are not even helpful instead of giving sh.t and blame on you. There customer service are not even open at 8 pm on Sunday. So I call in the morning asking questions about my flight and what they can do for me. They told me there is nothing that they can do. I am on my own. Flair Airline are very unethical. I have heard bad things about Flair before but never believe it until is happen to me. I will never ever travel with this airline. Is not worth the trouble headache and stress that they bring on you. It will end up cost you a fortune like me and my family we have to come up with $1680 for the three of us to fly home. How Flair Airline can still allowed to operates business with no set of standards. Better off to pay a little higher price with a reputable airline that they don’t screw you over and rob your money during day light.
RouteEdmonton to Toronto
Date FlownMarch 2019

"you get what you paid for"

Trip Verified | Flair is a budget airline so you get what you paid for. You have to check in online before you get to the airport and there is no complimentary food or drinks on board. There is also no inflight entertainment so you must provide something yourself. I read all of this online before my flight so I was prepared. I got my bag fully checked through quickly at the airport. My flight ended up leaving early and landed 20 mins early as well. Inflight staff were lovely and funny. The plane is old but again, it's a budget airline. 2nd time I've flown with them, the first time the flight was 2 hours late due to weather which was not their fault.
RouteWinnipeg to Vancouver via Calgary
Date FlownApril 2019

"last time we fly with Flair"

Trip Verified | My spouse and I decided to try Flair for the first time to save about $150. It will be the last time we fly with Flair. The inconvenience was not worth the money we saved! We booked our flights with Flair from Edmonton to Abbotsford as well as return flights back in Jan of 2019. Our flight to Abbotsford was scheduled for 10:25 on 5 Apr with our return flight scheduled for 13:25 on 8 Apr. On 29 Mar we received an email stating our return flight was changed from 13:25 to 16:25. This was a large inconvenience but we were committed at this point. Fast forward to 5 Apr, the morning of our scheduled departure. We wake up early to get ready for our flight and I see an email stating our flight will be delayed by an hour or so. We decided to get to the airport early regardless as it’s an hour drive. Everything seems fine according to the board for departures and at the gate. 30 mins before our scheduled departure they announce we will be boarding immediately. Nothing happens. When we should be taking off they announce at the gate there was “unscheduled maintenance” and we would be delayed another 30 mins. This again changes to 1.5 hrs. Then we are told we will be getting a different plane. Then another delay, and another. We eventually depart at approx 18:15, almost a full 8 hours later on the original plane we were supposed to fly on. Needless to say this was a massive inconvenience and ruined our trip. Flair gave us a $10 food voucher for the inconvenience! How kind! That doesn’t buy you a pretzel at the airport, and it also couldn’t be used for alcohol. So we saved $150 on the flights but spent over $300 on food and drinks as we were in the airport for so long. On 8 Apr we are ready to board and again find out as we are supposed to be boarding there is “unscheduled maintenance”. Fortunately this ended up being only about an hour delay. I’m speaking with others at the airport who flew from Winnipeg on Flair their flight was cancelled outright until the next day. Read the reviews...this is a theme with this airline. Major delays on flights and constant cancellations. The only positive were the crew. Never again will we fly with Flair.
RouteEdmonton to Abbotsford