Flair Airlines

"Last time I book with them!"

Not Verified | Calgary to Abbotsford. I booked a flight with this airline and had some technical glitches with the booking. I ended up booking the wrong date (Booked a friday and wanted a sunday). I caught the error within 3hrs of the original booking and called to have the flight changed. I was charged $150 change fee (not including the difference in price of the new flight which I expected to pay. They refused to reimburse this change fee. When I emailed support I received a response that didnt even apply to my situation. This airline is not in the business to create loyal customers, they are looking for a quick and dirty pay day. Last time I book with them!
RouteCalgary to Abbotsford

"great leg space"

Not Verified | Edmonton to Toronto. First-time flyer with this airline. On-time performance, excellent service and great leg space. Very neat and clean. Highly recommended. Would love to fly again.
RouteEdmonton to Toronto

"the worst airline"

Not Verified | Winnipeg to Toronto. This has to be the worst airline I have ever taken. My flight was at 1:40 pm but got changed to 6:00 pm. Their maintenance delay caused me to miss my non-refundable greyhound bus and pay for an expensive Uber ride to my destination. They caused my trip to be an extra 300$, and I only work part-time at Subway!
RouteWinnipeg to Toronto
Date FlownNovember 2019

"does not fix their mistakes"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Abbotsford. Beware! Flair airlines charged my credit card five times for one flight! Since October 18th no rectifying the situation! There is no number to call to sort out the issue! Email only! Finally talked to someone who assured me that ten days ago it would be sorted out! Still nothing! Had to call three times today and twice after a long hold, they disconnected the call! Zero customer service! The only airline that does not fix their mistakes!
RouteEdmonton to Abbotsford

"Do not fly Flair"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Calgary. So to start. They changed my flight from November 6 to 7. Which is terribly annoying, but it happened in advanced of my trip so I could work around it. Unfortunately I had important plans for the 7th (like a responsible human, planned a day after arrival). But my flight that was changed from the 6 to the 7, would get me there at 950am. So still doable. However, the crew for my flight was careless and tardy. Showed up over an hour late for our flight so we couldn’t even begin boarding and they announced this issue to the entire airport. Ultimately we were delayed 2.5 hours. I ended up missing my connecting bus, spending 7 hours waiting in an airport. I asked for my flight to be changed to the same return flight one day later. Which is available still for 250 CAD. I was able to rebook my appointments for the original return date that I missed due to Flair. They refuse to do anything for me. Disregarding any acknowledgement that they cost me 2 days of my 7 day trip. No compensation whatsoever. No gift card, no apology. Do not fly Flair
RouteToronto to Calgary
Date FlownNovember 2019

"there is no customer service"

Not Verified | I was booked from Vancouver to Edmonton and from Edmonton to Toronto. Mere hours before my departure of the first leg I learnt of the flight cancellation and was given little to no option to resolve the situation. I arrived at the airport hoping to get the matter resolved, but the issue was further exasperated when I was ill advised by the front line staff. The staff advised to see if I can get a flight with West Jet into Edmonton after which I would then be able to reconnect with Flair for the second leg of the flight. This I later learnt is not the case as Flair's policy does not permit this. The staff then cancelled my ticket (Vancouver to Toronto leg i.e the entire ticket) and indicated in the system the client wanted a full refund, which again was not the case. I was stuck in Edmonton and was not able to connect on the second leg of her flight, leaving me stranded. With my ticket cancelled on the 08th November, the only option available was to re-book with Flair for a flight leaving on the 10th November 2019. That option did not work as I needed to get back to BC on the 11th November 2019. This service is poor, and to top it off, I lost my money for my hotel accommodation as well. This is the worst airline and there is no customer service.
RouteVancouver to Toronto
Date FlownNovember 2019

"impossible to get hold of their support"

Not Verified | Edmonton to Toronto. Used Flair for the first time on a short weekend flight over to Toronto. On the way back we checked prior to leaving for the airport for any delays and there were none, but when we arrived we were told there was a 2 hour delay and the plane still needed to go to Halifax and back first, which still wasn't mentioned online. Since we didn't have time to leave the airport again we checked in and went through security. We got a small amount of food vouchers. Knowing that the flight would still need to go to Halifax, we kept an eye on the Halifax flight. After 2 hours the flight to Halifax had still not even departed and they never updated the fliers that the flight was becoming more delayed. After our flight was supposed to take off the second time they finally adjusted the time to reflect the initial delay, but not subsequent ones. For an under 4 hour flight on a Sunday evening where we all had to work the next day, the total delay was from 8:00PM take off time to 5:30 in the morning take off time. I was late for work on a Monday from a flight I was expected to be home from by 10pm on a Sunday. This was in the summer and there was no inclement weather. Once I was home, it was impossible to get hold of their support, the line on the website did not work, and it took literal months for anyone to get back to me. When they did respond, there was no explanation, no remorse, and no concern over the affect on the passengers. At the end of the day, I hope nobody decides to fly Flair, or they are prepared for ridiculously lengthy delays no matter the distance they are flying. I'll cough up the few extra dollars to not miss work next time.
RouteEdmonton to Toronto
Date FlownJuly 2019

"beyond my expectations"

Not Verified | Toronto to Vancouver. Incredible ticket priceand reached destination on time. Great flight, great leg room, great staff. Unbeatable. I have to say I was not expecting much as i bought the tickets super cheap, but it was beyond my expectations.
RouteToronto to Vancouver
Date FlownNovember 2019

"By far the worst service"

Trip Verified | By far the worst service I have ever had, on two separate occasions. Flight from Winnipeg to Calgary on October 6th was 2-3 hours delayed, getting us into Calgary at nearly midnight on a Sunday. There was no apology or consideration for the passengers and the fact that people have to work the following day. I was scheduled to fly with this airline from Calgary to Toronto on November 7th but became very ill the week before, was hospitalized and prohibited from travelling. I called to speak with a representative who blatantly ignored my situation and was very prompt to inform me of the $125 rebook fee. I accepted that I would have to pay this, as I did not purchase travel insurance. However, she then told me I would have to pay more for the new ticket (booked in January) because the outbound flight was more expensive, despite the fact that the inbound flight was cheaper and the overall cost was exactly the same. In her words, I would have to pay for a more expensive outbound flight but would not be given credit for the "much cheaper" inbound flight because I was rescheduling. In my opinion, stay away from this airline. Their corporation lacks compassion, empathy, any flexibility and human quality.
RouteCalgary to Toronto via Winnipeg
Date FlownOctober 2019

"You won't get quality service"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Calgary. None of the attendants (at the front desk, or at boarding, and even while on the aircraft) seemed attentive to customer satisfaction and were not interested in gaining feedback. The attendants at the front desk seemed to be distracted, even when they appeared idle; I was told, "this is a budget airline" when I learned my flight would be delayed by four hours. Nonetheless, I was offered a full refund, which I do appreciate. I would not recommend this service to anyone, especially if you are able to purchase a flight with WestJet or Air Canada for a decent price just two weeks before departure. You won't get quality service or timely departures here! Please, just save yourself the trouble and book your flight with another airline.
RouteVancouver to Calgary