Flair Airlines

"I cannot recommend this airline"

Not Verified | I purchased 3 unlimited go passes for my father to escort my children back and forth for custody exchanges. I was unable to use these passes due to Covid. I requested a refund but was denied and instead given vouchers. Because my children are minors, and they were each given individual vouchers, i was unable to do anything online and had to call customer service each time. I have been yelled at, hung up on repeatedly, simply refused service, told they just couldn't help me, cut off, condescended, and all manner of other behaviour by the utterly useless and rude customer service staff. I have spent so much time on the phone with this company trying to do simple things like book flights that they should have to pay me a salary. Also - while i was given vouchers in lieu of my unlimited Go Passes, the vouchers i was given did not have the same rights as the unlimited Go Passes did - they included no luggage and no priority boarding, which meant that it would cost me an extra $130 per leg of each flight to get the same rights I had before. I spent hours on the phone trying to get this fixed and was told it could not be done over the phone and would have to be done by e-mail. I sent the e-mail twice with no response. I called and got escalated to a manager who told me it could be done at the airport. I went to the airport not knowing whether my luggage would be included or not, where they told me they had no authority to make this change and it needed to be done over the phone. I asked to have all the passes fixed to include the original luggage rights and was denied. When you ask to get escalated to a manager, you have to wait 2 days for a call-back - they simply will not get you a manager on the phone, even after being on hold for 2 hours. When i finally got to fly - there was no food or beverage service, but no one advised of this in advance. (Covid). However, one of the stewardesses sat down beside an employee flying standby in the row in front of me where they did nothing but chat loudly for an hour and a half while the customers around them were all trying to sleep (early morning flight). When she finally got up, she offered to get him water in his own reused paper cup. In the middle of Covid. While there was no water being offered to customers. The seats are tiny, with the least leg room I have ever experienced. There is absolutely no in flight entertainment of any kind. And there are no charger stations for your phone or laptop. All this to save $30/$40 on a flight (unless you need luggage or even a carry on, in which case you will actually end up paying more than a major carrier for your flight.). Social distancing rules observed by the other carriers were not observed and literally every seat in a row was full (while the employee flying standby had a whole row to himself). I cannot recommend this airline to anyone. In fact, I highly recommend avoiding it at any cost.
RouteToronto to Calgary
Date FlownJune 2020

"rescheduled to an inconvenient date"

Not Verified | My flight was rescheduled to an inconvenient date outside my consent and with no warning. I tried to call twice on different days to demand an explanation only to be put on hold for an hour. I also have gotten no reply by email. I was willing to accept a travel voucher or at least be able to speak with any representative–someone should know that this is not okay to do to their customers.
RouteVancouver to Toronto via Calgary
Date FlownJune 2020

"I am refusing the voucher"

Trip Verified | I booked a trip leaving Friday night and back Sunday night (since I was working Friday during the day, and Monday). They switched the times to Depart on Friday morning (Which I obviously can't make) and return on Monday (which again conflicts with my work schedule). I kept on calling and calling requesting a refund on service not provider, their customer service was always reading off the same script : no refund, take your new flight, or a voucher valid for a year.They are now holding my money hostage, and wouldn't refund me a service that they simply could not and did not provide The CTA stated the following : "The Canadian Transportation Agency has now conceded that their statement is not a legally binding document and that it doesn’t affect the rights of passengers or obligations to airlines. It is a strategic move on their part to try and save face,” This shows that the credits and vouchers was merely a suggestion, and that airlines can still issue refunds for services not rendered, which is the case here. The service was not provided. And yet, when they got in touch, they stated that the CTA "Gave them the go ahead to issue vouchers instead of refunds", which is a lie With noting this CTA statement too (They very much conveniently left out this part) : "While any specific situation brought before the CTA will be examined on its merits, the CTA believes that, generally speaking, an appropriate approach in the current context could be for airlines to provide affected passengers with vouchers or credits for future travel, as long as these vouchers or credits do not expire in an unreasonably short period of time (24 months would be considered reasonable in most cases).” Here The CTA suggests that 24 months valid voucher. Flair airlines issued 12 months. We can now see that this airline only quotes the CTA when its suitable to their interested. Customers interest don't even come in consideration. Finally, I want my money back, not their 12 months voucher. I requested my money refunded for a service not provided. It's that simple. I paid for a service, and they couldn't provide it after all. I don't want my money held under the form of travels credits or vouchers. I am refusing the voucher or the travel credits.
RouteVancouver to Calgary
Date FlownApril 2020

"a voucher valid for a year"

Not Verified | The absolute worst! I booked a trip leaving Friday night and back Sunday night (since I was working Friday during the day, and Monday). They switched the times to Depart on Friday morning (Which I obviously can't make) and return on Monday (which again conflicts with my work schedule). I kept on calling and calling requesting a refund on service not provider, their pathetic customer service was always reading off the same script : no refund, take your new flight, or a voucher valid for a year. Perfect example of a company using Covid crisis as an excuse for poor customer service and money grab tactics.
RouteVancouver to Calgary

"outstanding customer service"

Not Verified | Mary and Ann on flight from Calgary to Toronto in October 2019, delayed but such great personality! Great communication and outstanding customer service. Thank you for keeping me smiling during an extended boarding delay.
RouteCalgary to Toronto
Date FlownOctober 2019

"only option was for us was a single use voucher"

Not Verified | Due to the pandemic a wedding we were attending in BC during early May was cancelled and thus we inquired about a refund for the 7 tickets we purchased for round trip flights (over $2000 was spent). As a family of 7 finances due to this situation are now tight and Flairs only option was for us was a single use voucher. All 7 of us will not be able to afford a trip this or next year as a result nor would all 7 of is likely travel together again in that time frame as 3 members of the family are in university.

"absolutely no complaints"

Not Verified | Toronto to Vancouver via Calgary. Absolutely no complaints with the service I received on my flight this week. I half expected them to charge me extra, as I had more carry-on than I was supposed to, but no problem. The plane was clean. No food served due to COVID-19, which was understandable. Comfortable flight. I'd fly with them again. BTW, I saved $200 by booking with them, rather than Westjet or Air Canada! 👍
RouteToronto to Vancouver via Calgary
Date FlownApril 2020

"still waiting for a reply"

Trip Verified | Winnipeg to Abbotsford. I booked this flight for my niece in Dec 2019 to fly on March 30th. Flair postponed the flight to April 2 - which was reasonable given the COVID situation. However, they later went on to cancel the flight leaving my niece stranded in Winnipeg with no way to return home. Other airlines were flying just fine. While Flair has a stringent no change policy without insurance, I wasn't expecting to cover their inability to fulfill their side of the bargain. I flew my niece out via Swoop Mar 30th since it was urgent for her to return home and it is now April 6 & we are still waiting for a reply from Flair as to whether they will refund my money. I hold little hope though because this airline isn't even on the scoreboard when it comes to customer service.
RouteWinnipeg to Abbotsford
Date FlownMarch 2020

"stuck in Abbotsford since yesterday"

Trip Verified | I am stuck in Abbotsford since yesterday due to Flair Airlines cancelling the flight back to Calgary. I was in Abbotsford for a funeral and I went to the airport there was no one from the airline at the counter. The Flair system allowed me to pay for a seat and check in on line one day earlier. This is shameful unprofessional action from an organizational that should have the social responsibility to take care of the individuals affected by the current situation during their travels. I hope management/ employees realize the situation and do the right thing, instead of offering a voucher. (C$65)
RouteCalgary to Abbotsford
Date FlownMarch 2020

"made me pay for the backpack"

Trip Verified | Due to the Corona Virus I went to stay with my parents in Calgary. I had to come back to Vancouver for an Emergency matter. I left my bags with them as Im going back to calgary. I left my Apartment Key. I called my mom She brought it to the airport. There was still plenty of time left. I asked the Girl from the counter if I can Go and get the Key from my mom, She was not responsive they held me there for 10 minutes Until they said that there is no time to go back and get the key through the security. I didnt have a baggage or any thing it could only take 5 minutes. They gave me lots of made up excuses and threatened that I might lose my flight. I faced a lot of difficulties because of them not being Cooperative. I wouldn't even hold the plane. Also when I boarded (with out my Apartment key) They didn't let me sit on The Exit rows although the plane was empty due to Virus. The Attendant said They need to have Documentation! Also they made me pay for the backpack that I have been using for two years taking their flights and not paid anything for it even once. This is how they treat Customers. The head attendant came to me with explanations and not apologies telling me that the Girl at the gate is Upset.
RouteCalgary to Vancouver