Flair Airlines

"card had been charged 5 times"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Edmonton. Absolutely hands down the worst airline. After having my flight cancelled after arriving at the airport I had to wait 4 hrs in line to find out my flight had been held over for 2 days, offering no compensation for rooms or food voucher. After this I noticed my credit card had been charged 5 times for a single one way flight! Customer service is a complete fallacy as they will never respond to an email or phone call. Just ridiculous, i am now out $1000 for a one way 250 ticket and seemingly have no options to deal with it. Dont fly with Flair, they don't care about their customers.
RouteVancouver to Edmonton
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"charging you more with other fees"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Calgary. Do not let the slightly cheaper listed tickets of this airline scam you, they will end up charging you more with other fees. It is not a no-frill airline, it is a pricing scam. First, all carry-ons, no matter how tiny, cost money (at least $50 extra one way). Second, printing boarding pass at the airport costs $20 per person per trip, we wanted to go online at that moment to print the boarding pass ourselves to save some money. Check in attendant at Toronto told us that could only be done 24hrs+ before flight (she lied, we later found out, thanks to one kind attendant at Calgary airport later). Third, quite few of the check-in attendants are really rude and with bad attitude, especially the supervisor lady at Calgary airport. We know we didnt pay for premium service, but we don't deserve to be down talked either. She sarcastically laughed at our faces and told us to move off, when one of our friends couldn't board the plane because her wallet was stolen. Flair wanted to charge us $400 to reschedule in that situation. I hope no others would get the treatment we received.
RouteToronto to Calgary
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"recent flight was delayed 13 hours"

Trip Verified | Calgary to Abbotsford. This budget airline will end up costing you more. I've flown with them a couple times because they advertise such low rates. By the time you add everything you have to pay for it's not much of a savings. Add to that, my most recent flight was delayed 13 hours and they refuse to pay any reimbursement for my hotel, I received no food vouchers, nothing. I tried to report them to the BBB but they already have an F rating ... they don't care. So that flight ended up costing considerably more than if I'd booked with a reputable company. Never again.
RouteCalgary to Abbotsford
Date FlownAugust 2019

"bag never arrived to the destination"

Trip Verified | Calgary to Vancouver. Luggage issues. This company charges for luggage but they dont care about it, we checked in one bag for a short trip the bag never arrived to the destination. Tried their luggage counter, useless, they blame the checking counter at the departure city, and had us wait for the next fly to arrive, maybe the bag was coming on a different fly, go figure, it was not. They said could not do anything we had to email to lost luggage. 5 days later, many emails sent, zero replies. Phone calls absolutely useless, their contact number is for a travel agency, nothing to do with Flair, so they said. They lost the luggage and don't take responsibility at all. Bad idea to fly with Flair air, if you think you would save money. It could cost you more as you would never completely replace your belongings. The worse is that they don't care.
RouteCalgary to Vancouver

"everything went smoothly"

Not Verified | I booked with Flair before I looked at the reviews. I wanted to cancel but took a leap of faith. Only book if you're willing to take that risk - for context my partner and I have no kids, were going for vacation and had jobs that were flexible in the case trips got cancelled. Our flights were both on time in Toronto and Vancouver (Vancouver was one hour delayed). We paid for carry on. A surcharge of 60 dollars total. We printed out our own boarding passes saving 20 bucks each. We brought our own food and water onto the plane because they offer nothing, and no blankets either but who cares. The leg to Vancouver actually arrived 20 mins early. The flight attendants were all pleasant. The plane was small. All in all, we landed safely and soundly. For a budget airline everything went smoothly and I guess that's what matters. Would I book again? No. Was the anxiety and panic worth it? No. The price ended up being the same as any other competitor after the charges. Take this review as you will.
RouteToronto to Vancouver

"been charged twice"

Not Verified | Vancouver to Toronto. I tried to book for a flight through the website but there was an error with the payment. It asked me to refill the details but there was an error again. I checked my bank account and I have been charged twice. I sent and email immediately on the 9th of August 2019, sent 2 follow up emails and called 3 times. Each time, I have had long waits on hold, an operator who can barely understand my English, who doesn't know how to help me, except "try sending an email" and tries to charge me again! I just want my ticket and nobody can help!
RouteVancouver to Toronto
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"had the worst experience"

Trip Verified | I had the worst experience with Flair Airlines flying from Toronto to Edmonton. They charge the lower fare but they will let you pay for every single piece of baggage you bring at a very high cost! After paying for all the baggage, they will also charge you some other things. The services is so bad! I do not recommend this plane to anyone. You may pay lower for the fare, but they will also charge you on every single item you bring in the plane.
RouteToronto to Edmonton
Date FlownAugust 2019

"could not get on the plane"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Calgary. I had my worst experience with this airline. My wife and kids could not get on the plane as a result of issues with their boarding pass. Myself, my wife and kids ended up been stranded in Calgary and their customer service people were very rude and could not offer any help. The funny thing is that we were tagged as "no show" even though were present at the airport and checked in our luggage. Our luggage ended up in Toronto while we were in Calgary. I will never take this flight again until something is done about this.
RouteToronto to Calgary

"Not a good experience"

Not Verified | Not a good experience. I travel a lot and their little policy differences like when you can turn on devices or wear headphones are irritating. The stewardesses really enforce these things which causes arguments because customers are used to less restrictive policies at other airlines. Seats, even the plus seat I paid extra for are small and don't recline. Flight was an hour late of its arrival time and they didnt explain what the problem was even though it boarded pretty much on time. Finally it wasn't even cheaper so there is no point in flair existing
RouteCalgary to Vancouver
Date FlownAugust 2019

"worst experience I have ever had flying"

Trip Verified | Halifax to Toronto. The worst experience I have ever had flying. Flair Airlines has no back up plans, terrible customer service, and laughable communication skills. Do not fly with this airline. Completely cancelled my flight with very little information given as to how to rectify the matter. Took weeks to finally get a response. Missed a friends wedding due to their lack of care and service. Wasn’t offered any type of compensation for the flight missed back home after they cancelled my flight to the destination. Prices aren’t worth the off chance your flight is completely cancelled. The one lady I actually talked to at the airport was more concerned with delivering ice to who knows what or who then with actually helping me at the counter. Swoop attendants were more helpful then her and I wasn’t even flying with them.
RouteHalifax to Toronto