Flair Airlines

"ignore calls and emails"

Trip Verified | Calgary to Vancouver. Originally had booked a fight in January for a time in May to see my friends wedding. I had booked an evening flight so I could finish my shift at work that day and still make the flight. I had booked time off work around this timing. What happened next was that the flight time of my flight was completely changed. Instead of an evening flight, it was changed into a morning flight. At my work I cannot take off an extra day without proper notice. Because of this, I had to miss my flight in the morning, and then had to find a last minute one-way flight to my destination. The cost of the missed flight was $100, then the additional last minute flight was $400. Trying to get a refund for just my missed Flair flight has been a joke. They ignore calls and emails regarding the issue. I will never fly with them again over this problem.

"extremely disappointed"

Trip Verified | Halifax to Toronto. I'm extremely disappointed with Flair airline. First, they charged my credit card 7 times! I had to spend so much time speaking with Flighthub, Flair and Visa to get this mess sorted. Then three weeks after booking a flight, they changed my departure and arrival time to times unacceptable for me. I have been waiting on their customer support line for 1: 04:10 and counting! I have never had to waste so much time to deal with any company. This is ridiculous.
RouteHalifax to Toronto
Date FlownMay 2019

"definitely not worth it"

Trip Verified | Calgary to Vancouver. They might have cheap flights, but definitely not worth it. There is a carry-on fee for going to your destination, and back. With the exempt of a small purse that is gratis. Be very careful when paying for it online as they have made it tricky in the options to purchase a Carry On bag. Everything you pay for is non refundable, and they have no shame being rude to you on the phone. Never again will I fly with this company.

"I felt manipulated"

Trip Verified | Abbotsford to Calgary. Very rude staff at check in. I was late and couldn’t check in as needs to be done an hour before departure which I did not know. No one at counter. She came out after I complained to someone and said I couldn’t board the plane as she was unable to check me in that late. Other people came as well and she was rude to us all. She said she would not print my pass because I was rude. I said I just need on the plane.. It’s mothers day and I’m going home to my kids. Finally she says ok I’ll print your pass just stop crying. I got on the plane but felt like I’d just been traumatized. Do not fly with this airline. If you do follow their rules. Btw I was there 50 minutes before my flight. I did record her being very rude to another customer. She said I was going to check your pass but not now because he was asserting himself. I felt manipulated, harassed and not valued as a customer.
RouteAbbotsford to Calgary

"staff were great"

Trip Verified | Kelowna to Edmonton. I've flown with Flair 5 times and never had any issues, staff were great and on time performance was on point. Best part is a saved a bunch of money also.
RouteKelowna to Edmonton
Date FlownApril 2019

"Very unfair, Flair Airlines"

Trip Verified | Winnipeg to Calgary. Spent considerable time checking in online from my smartphone. The last page was frozen, I couldn't click on "send boarding pass by email". I thought all was good, as the screen confirmed check in. I also paid for baggage during that process. At the airport I found out that I was not checked it. It took a very long time to check me in (agent did not how to do it and required assistance). They also charged me $10 for the check in service. Very unfair, Flair Airlines.
RouteWinnipeg to Calgary
Date FlownMay 2019

"cost becomes similar to WestJet"

Not Verified | If you have anything more than a backpack the cost becomes similar to WestJet as they charge for anything more than a personal bag. On my flight, the plane was having maintenance issues so it was delayed three hours while they flew in a different plane from Edmonton (a problem that I have not experienced with WJ or AC as they have more flights throughout the day to move to). When I asked the front desk staff about the delay they were apathetic and rude about how I was missing a very important meeting and could not change flights. Flair charges you for any beverage including water, has no in flight entertaining, and costs the same as other carriers. I tried to leave a complain and even their website was broken and buggy. I don't see any reason why anyone would fly with Flair.

"not friendly at all"

Trip Verified | This customer representative person was not friendly at all. I was asking how to check in, but he was not energetic at all, leaning on the counter, looking at me with impolite look, and told me “Don’t you know that you can just check in online and go to the security? You don’t have to be here.” I understand that we fly with very low fare with them, but I don’t think that they can treat customers like that. I hope that they smile, talk nicely, and treat people equally.
RouteEdmonton to Vancouver

"Bad customer service"

Trip Verified | Winnipeg to Vancouver via Edmonton. Flair rescheduled my flights two weeks before departure date. They offered a refund on the unused legs of the flight but failed to mention if you reschedule one leg, you have to tell them you might reschedule the second leg otherwise you forfeit your right to reschedule again, even though they originally rescheduled both legs of my flight. When I called to ask about a refund, I was trying to tell the agent someone should have told us we can only reschedule once despite Flair rescheduling both our departing and returning flights, and the agent hung up on me. So unprofessional. On my departing flight the flight attendants recited a script “If you enjoyed flying with us leave us a good review.” Probably because they know all they have is bad reviews. Bad customer service, won’t be flying with flair again.
RouteWinnipeg to Vancouver via Edmonton
Date FlownMay 2019

"1.5 hours for luggage pickup"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Toronto. Waited 1.5 hours for luggage pickup, no explanation just announcements every 10 minutes saying luggage would arrive soon. Paid $50 for the privilege.
RouteEdmonton to Toronto