Flair Airlines

"the savings are negligible"

Trip Verified | Calgary to Vancouver. They would not accommodate a change in my family's flights due to a death in the family without charging me the full cost for new tickets. Flair Air markets themselves as a low-cost airline and they certainly are cheaper. However, if you add up the TravelFLEX fee, paying for all your baggage, carry-on bags, snacks, check in fees and all your other fees, the savings are negligible. The fact that their customer service is so far behind the other airlines and they nickel and dime you for everything certainly seals this decision for me in the future. I was nothing but patient and respectful when dealing with them and the fact that I was not treated the same by the company who I paid to provide me a service is just wrong.   Quite simply it is very clear that Flair Airlines doesn't care.

"hope they stay around"

Trip Verified | Flying with Flair Air was excellent. Plane was supposed to leave at 11:05 and literally left at 11:05. We were supposed to land at 11:40, and I walked out of the plane at 11:42 (was last row!). Tickets were very good price, better than I'd ever seen before in Canada. This airline is really a dream come true for the avid and budget traveler, hope they stay around!
RouteAbbotsford to Edmonton

"a horrible experience"

Trip Verified | What a horrible experience, I booked from October 25th to October 29 Abbotsford to Winnipeg for a medical appointment. I received an email reflecting September 25th to October 29th. This was changed without my consent - an entire month difference. I was flabbergasted. I called the customer service agent, very rude voice, zero communication skills saying I had to pay an additional $125 to make any changes, plus an added $30 dollars for speaking to him. I asked to speak to a supervisor, -he said that the supervisor was not available to speak to me because she was dealing with another phone call, and even if she was available she would tell me the same thing. In the end he did not help me and told me to go to the website to make changes. Thinking that this was a joke I called again, this time I spoke to a female customer service representative who sounded just as ill equipped to deal with the public - she was equally unhelpful, lacked empathy and told me she could not help, I needed to pay more money for a change, additionally, there was no flight on the date I chose to fly. This is horrible. In the end I abandoned the flight, took a hit as I realized I would not get either my money back or any help and booked with another more reliable airline. I guess you get what you pay for.
RouteAbbotsford to Winnipeg

"That was a nightmare"

Trip Verified | Calgary to Vancouver. That was a nightmare!The fligt departure time was 5:45pm. I received an email notice me the flight will delay for 1 hour. When I got the borading gate,the staff told me the boarding time delay to 1:00am tomorrow and asked me to be here at 12:30am. When I came to the counter at 12:00am,they said it flight was canceled. The option was change my filght to 5:45pm tomorrow. And now,I am at the boarding gate waiting for the plane arrive,the boarding time is 5:00pm but now is 5:40pm.
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"website was not working "

Trip Verified | Hamilton to Edmonton. Night before flight trying to check in. Couldn’t print it or download the boarding passes as the website was not working properly. Paid for one extra bag, once reached at the counter had to pay for each boarding pass, even though it was their system problem. Plus had to pay for the extra bag which I already paid for, and my card was already charged too. They made me pay for the extra bag again.
RouteHamilton to Edmonton
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"do not book with this airline"

Trip Verified | Winnipeg to Calgary. I should have totally read all these reviews before booking ticket for my vacation from this worst Airline ever. My flight was scheduled for 3.35 PM on September 12 2018. Airline have sent an email notifying flight is 60 mins late, but upon reaching to the airport, we found out that flight is delayed for 2 and a half hour. We waited at the Airport and when it got close to the new time, they have changed time again for another 2 and a half hour, still waited at the airport and then they changed it for another 2 and a half hour. All these changes apart from the first delay of 1 hour were not informed to us, we just find that out when we reach to the counter to hand the check in bag. Upon the last delay i lost confidence that this flight will take off today so went back home. Called airline to confirm 1 and a half hour before the new scheduled time, they said yes it will depart at 11 and if i don’t show up or miss the flight i will lose the money. Left home and reached to the airport and found that flight has been cancelled. The staff at the airport were not answering properly and arguing with us rather than explain the situation. I felt like they were highly unprofessional and kept on saying we can not do anything and we do not work for flair air, we are just third party contractors. There is actually no one from airline working there. They do not care about you. Now they are saying they have arranged new flight for us who missed today’s flight at 7.15 in the morning, but when i asked for the confirmation that they have re booked us for that flight, they said they do not have any information on flight yet because it has not been set up yet, so i highly doubt that there will be any flight tomorrow morning. We tried to making it cheaper but it is costing more money now, we have already spent $50 on taxi and lost our rental car reservation which we got for $107 for 4 days and i want to rebook the rental car it is going to cost my $250. We lost money on our hotel reservation. So trying to make it cheap can cost you even more money. The service we got from Flair Airlines is worst ever. I really wish i read these reviews before booking. I have seen delay word in each and every review, so it is not just today that the flight got delayed or cancelled, it is their everyday thing. Please do not book with this airline. Highly not recommended.
RouteWinnipeg to Calgary
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"charged $100 for each bag"

Trip Verified | Worst airline ever. We flew from Vancouver to Calgary and had no issues with bringing bags/personal items on board. We then returned two days later to fly from Calgary to Vancouver and were charged $100 for each bag. The girl at the desk was extremely rude towards us. By far the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced. The planes are also very dirty and old. I would never fly with flai rair ever again.

"Poor customer service"

Not Verified | Victoria to Edmonton. Poor customer service. Got an email saying a 1hr delay only to get to airport and was 2 hr delay and then staff stood around gave no info - had to read on departure screen delayed another hr. Was suppose to leave Victoria at 1230 but never left until 1650. Thanks for the offer of coffee and tea for free mighty generous of you. Better customer service would have been an explanation along with a voucher. Won't be my first choice when flying again. Staff on plane were also rude.
RouteVictoria to Edmonton
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"by far the worst airline"

Trip Verified | Winnipeg to Edmonton. This is by far the worst airline I have ever had to deal with. It seems they get all the flight attendant rejects that have no people skills. My flight is delayed by 35 minutes because there is a problem with the engine and they are "fixing it right now" no thanks, maybe get a different plane.
RouteWinnipeg to Edmonton

"non working seat belt"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Halifax via Hamilton. I was flying with grandson and daughter. Discover before takeoff that grandson who was in middle seat 6B..(i was in A and daughter in C) that his seatbelt would not stay tight after buckled and strap pulled snug. That was ok as flight attendant moved us to seats directly behind us, all was good. We landed in Hamilton Ontario airport for a crew change. We were all instructed to move back to original seats. I asked attendant what about our non working seat belt she said she would inform next set of flight attendants of the problem and they would rearrange us before take off. We were ready for take off and i thought ok no one has said anything to us about moving so i told one attendant she said she would speak to other attendant. She came said she was not aware of this issue moved us to seats across isle where again we discovered 2 of those seatbelts would not stay tightened after strap was pulled tight. This is now seat E & F...by time i got her attention again we were moving out to runway he proceeded to say to daughter move back over to seat C and told grandson to move up an row into a seat away from me...he was reluctant as this was only the 2nd plane he'd been on and first trip away so he wasnt secure about moving...and said come on you can do it..as we were taxing down run way...was not a comfortable experience for grandson of 6 urs old but i talked him thru it. My whole point was the number of non working seatbelts which are a very important piece of equipment on flights. And how people feel that separating young children from adults during a very already nervous situation. I will say the seatbelts and the non communication from crew to crew will cause me to not ever fly flair air again or recommend any one else to. My grandson talks of all his wonderful adventures this summer but the one he tells first to everyone is how he faced his fear of heights and flew in an airplane but his seatbelt was broken in airplane 2 times and was scared to not be beside my grandma and auntie. Not a very satisfied customer.
RouteEdmonton to Halifax via Hamilton