Flair Airlines

"you've lost me"

Trip Verified | Halifax to Hamilton. Awful, just awful. Flight scheduled to leave Halifax at 5:35pm. Flight is delayed due to mechanical issues. I tried Flair but you've lost me.
RouteHalifax to Hamilton

"Disappointing experience"

Trip Verified | I booked a flight for my 12 year old niece to fly home alone for the first time. I called and was told I could get a gate pass when arriving at the airport to go through security with her and sit until her flight boarded. When I arrived I was told Flair does not have gate passes and the information I was given was untrue. So I had to let my 12 year old niece go through security and find her gate without a family member. The flight was then delayed twice for a total of 3 hours and their website was not updated with the flight times and when I called the rep didn’t not have correct information about when the flight would leave and arrive. Very poor customer service and reps who are not accurately informed, leaving a 12 year old waiting alone for over 2 hours. Disappointing experience.
RouteCalgary to Winnipeg
Date FlownAugust 2018

"this was perfect"

Trip Verified | Winnipeg to Victoria. I needed an inexpensive flight to visit family and this was perfect! After reading all the airline's rules and regulations, especially the baggage rules, I took up the challenge. I took up this challenge to only pay for my flight, no extras, no frills. I must admit I was a tad anxious having read so many negative reviews. The flight went as expected. It was on time and without incident. The landing in Victoria was a bit heavy but I have experienced worse with other airlines. If you know what you are purchasing this airline was amazing. Remember no frills, just your ticket to your destination. Thank you Flair Air. I got to visit my sister one last time.
RouteWinnipeg to Victoria

Flair Airlines customer review

Trip Verified | Abbotsford to Edmonton. Today's flight is delayed. Unless you like to be delayed and deal with a airline that don't know how to run. Also you cannot get through to customer service and they send emails that they have changed your flight a few times before your flight. And you might get a email 5 hours before your flight to remind you and it will say, your upcoming flight in 2 days!
RouteAbbotsford to Edmonton
Date FlownAugust 2018

"worst customer service"

Trip Verified | The worst customer service I have ever experienced. After having my flight changed to over 24 hours later last year I was provided with 300$ in credits to use toward another flight. When trying to use these credits this July (2018) I spent a total of over 3 hours on the phone and used the online booking form. They never even answered my first request for a flight and then on the second request booked me on a more expensive flight that went through a layover in kelowna. When booking this flight they also only used half of my credits and tried to charge me another 250$. I called the airline several times to talk to a supervisor who was always unavailable and then after leaving my information for him to call me back never received a phone call. I never was okay with this change in the amount to pay or the flight but according to the emailing service (which literally ignored half of my questions/requests) it didn't matter and now I have no credits despite never using them in the first place. The reps that answer the phone are impolite and dishonest. The management does not take responsibility and would not even speak to me on the phone. I have never been so dissatisfied with an airline and would never reckoned it.
RouteCalgary to Vancouver
Date FlownJuly 2018

"Low cost means exactly that"

Not Verified | Our experience with the Edmonton and Victoria agents exceeded our expectations. The agent in Victoria put us in the exit aisle and blocked the middle seat so we had the row to ourselves, and all at no extra charge. Lets face it, the travelling public wants the cheapest airfare possible but expect the top level service. You get what you pay for. It is spelled out pretty clear on their web site what the costs and restrictions are, so if you aren't looking at the site properly then you will get tagged for $$$. Where Flair did fall down is on the baggage handling side. We waited for nearly an hour to get our baggage in Edmonton. The Edmonton Information desk said, "Flair is a low cost airline. They don't have anyone here right now to unload the plane and we have tried to contact them." Later we were told by an EIA rep that the baggage handler off loaded the baggage onto the wrong carousel. Several people on our flight called Flair with not much luck. Somewhere between EIA and Flair there was a miscommunication on the baggage delivery. Take the baggage issue out and all in all it was a good flight. Remember to read the web site and don't expect anything different at the gate if you don't. Low cost means exactly that - low cost, no frills.
AircraftB737-400
RouteVictoria to Edmonton

"unacceptable customer service"

Trip Verified | Flair Air is by far the worst airline I have ever dealt with. Absolutely unacceptable customer service. Inconsistent answers to my queries. Extremely long wait times at the call center. A broken online system for changing flights. Unorganized and unprofessional at the ticket counter. Weather delays and unserviceable aircraft are forgivable but the dealings I've had with Flair are not. Pay a little more money and fly with the competitors and save yourself a lot of grief.
RouteHamilton to Edmonton

Flair Airlines customer review

Trip Verified | It was worst experience travelling recently with Flair airlines.We took same bags for free (max.7kg ) from Edmonton to Abbotsford with no issues but these bags (about 6 kg but under 7 kg, got rejected by the staff at Abbotsford airport when coming back to Edmonton and asked us to pay for it. Later,inside the plane unfortunately we family of 4 got our seats in different rows out of which two were together and other 2 were in different rows too. My 6 year old kid started crying as she wanna sit with me thus i thought we can request the respective passenger to switch the seats. The passenger was ok with it but the air hostess standing nearby yelled at us and rudely asked all 4 of us to get off from our seats and asked us to show her our boarding passes. Well there was an issue of only one seat but she targeted all 4 of us. Another air hostess came and she said its ok your kid can sit with you but that rude air hostess showed silly expressions to her too. Later after couple of minutes she again came and compelled 3rd passenger sitting with us in our row to go to special seat and she included "Let them have full row". Why she was giving special treatment to other passenger and being very very rude with us including my little kids. Just my little girl changed her spot and sat with me. We paid for our tickets too like other passengers. It is to disrespectful and worst experience i had on this flight.
RouteAbbotsford to Edmonton

"I didn't even fly"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Victoria. They took my money and I didn't even fly. I booked a flight 14 hours prior to departure and they did not answer the phone, nor respond to my online requests to cancel it prior to departure. It is always possible to cancel within 24 hrs, however they didn't even give me the chance, or respond afterwards. 3 days later I submitted my 4th attempt and they said sorry its now 3 days later, no refund. I responded with the pertinent details and they don't even bother to reply. . I should have booked with a regular carrier which I ended up flying anyway just a few hours later. When you book 14 hrs prior, they aren't even cheap.
RouteEdmonton to Victoria

"the worst experience"

Trip Verified | This was the worst experience I’ve ever had with an airline. The company is very poorly run. Their online check in site did not work. The other guests in line verified that the online check in did not work as well. Gate agents in Abbotsford were rude and barely knew how to work their system. Also their system treats all connecting flights as one unit. So if you miss your first flight, or any connecting flight, you lose your money on all of them. Do yourself a favour and do not fly with Flair if your life depends on it. Better to rent a car and just drive it.
RouteAbbotsford to Toronto via Edmonton