Flair Airlines

"I was cheated and lied too"

Trip Verified | I was initially excited about flying with Flair Airlines. After an extensive search for a direct flight from Winnipeg to Las Vegas for myself and my 81 year old father, I finally booked Flair (2 months prior) joining extended family for the weekend in Las Vegas. Much to my disappointment, a week before our flight, I received an email from Flair informing me that my flight had been changed, and was told my originally booked flight was no longer available and that I would now be leaving 8 hours sooner on a flight through Edmonton. I live in the country, so to be able to accommodate this new schedule, I was forced to take an extra day off work, travel the night before and pay for a hotel. Flair generously offered a $50 travel voucher! (sarcasm). So, what seemed like a great deal and a great schedule, now became a 2 day travel experience for what should have been a 3hr flight, and indirect costs that will easily exceed what I would have paid for a direct flight with WestJet or Air Canada. The whole flight cancellation seemed fishy to me, so I checked the departure schedule the day before and was able to confirm that the flight I had originally booked was still offered. I also confirmed that the price to fly from Winnipeg to Vegas had more than doubled! Wow, I was cheated and lied too! Flair is the "Donald Trump" of Airlines! Good luck getting me to ever cash in that Generous $50 voucher!
RouteWinnipeg to Las Vegas
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"had an extremely positive experience"

Trip Verified | Calgary, AB to Toronto, ON via Winnipeg, MB. Exactly as advertised. Excellent price - On Time - No issues! I had an extremely positive experience. No bells and whistles airline and over 50% savings verses Air Canada and WestJet. Flight crews were energetic, helpful and very pleasant. Definitely would fly with Flair Airlines again.
RouteCalgary to Toronto via Winnipeg
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"please advise your customers"

Not Verified | Edmonton to Abbotsford. When the flight is running late please advise your customers that you are sorry for the inconvenience and if there is a consideration given as a token, please do so in a sincere positive manner. there are of course many reasons for delays and a notice at check-in as to the real reason will give your customers a heads up and relieve your personnel of some of the tedious interaction that often results. Its rather difficult when your check-in personnel have to deal first hand with customer dissatisfaction and maintain a positive attitude. and a real nice touch would be a plane that is cleaned and detailed so as to represent an airline that cares.
RouteEdmonton to Abbotsford

"Poor customer service"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Phoenix. Flight was delayed by 7 hours leaving Edmonton. Realize this happens, but given small airline had no alternate aircraft and had to wait from something to fly in. Prepaid for baggage a month early, and then didn't use on of the prepaid. At airport the staff told me they put a note on file and I could call and get refund. Head office informed me that you can't get refund on bags paid for but not used. No warning on website to inform you of this, but I did look again and in the fine print you can change bag count prior to check-in. Remembering the online check-in process I tried to deselect the extra bag, but it did not allow bags to be removed. Any other airline I have ever flown with gives you a refund if you don't use prepaid bag fees. Wasted $70 CDN as a result. Not a big amount, but users need to ensure they don't prepay for baggage when they first book, rather wait until you are checking in online and know exactly what you are bringing. The website will try to get you to prepay when you book the ticket, implying that you miss out on the discount if you don't prepay at that time. For $70 the airline has lost me as a customer. Poor customer service.
RouteEdmonton to Phoenix
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"will never fly with Flair again"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Vancouver via Edmonton. On my way to Vancouver in November, we were scheduled to depart at 7am, so we arrived at 5am (Flair has a 2 hour checkin policy even for domestic flights!) and we saw when we arrived that our flight was delayed. Long story short, it wasn't delayed, there was not a Flair airplane in Toronto at all. By 8pm, yes we spent all day sitting on the airport floor!, we were put on an Air Canada flight. We missed our ferry to Vancouver Island so we had to pay for extra accommodations at Vancouver Airport since we couldn't get across the water, not to mention we were exhausted. We were not handled well all day, no information, just waiting and trying not to stress. They tried to get us on a 4pm West Jet flight, but screwed that up. Even though we paid to check bags with Flair, we couldn't get on Air Canada without paying AGAIN to check our bags. The Flair rep on the floor said Flair would refund us for the double charge. But they haven't. On the way home we literally crossed our fingers and were so grateful when our flight left on time. Except on our stopover in Edmonton, we were asked to get off of the plane and sat for an additional 4 hours not knowing if we would be getting back to Ontario that night or not. We arrived in Toronto so late that we had no choice but to stay again. Flair has responded to my emails twice saying: "Thank you for your e-mail and we apologize for the late response. I have escalated the matter however due to the holidays please be advise it can take up to 2 weeks to receive a response. We will contact you once we have received more information. Again, I apologize for this inconvenience." "Thank you for your message and we apologize for the inconvenience, it shouldn’t take long to our team to reach out regarding your flight delay." Once again, we apologize for the inconvenience caused." But I have emailed them eight times. I have upgraded my credit card to include flight delay and cancellation insurance, but I will never fly with Flair again regardless, and I don't think any of you should either. I hate to wish a company ill, but this is not a company that deserves to stay in business. I would feel terrible if any of you had a similar experience and I didn't warn you. I'm letting it go now. I'm just flabbergasted that a company could care so little about customers. Maybe I'm naive. I'm a small business owner and I screw up sometimes, I miss emails or make mistakes. I take my owning, apologizing and making it right very seriously.
RouteToronto to Vancouver via Edmonton
Date FlownNovember 2018

"a terrible company to fly with"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Abbotsford. Flair Airlines is a terrible company to fly with. They changed my parents flight on them at the last minute. They booked a flight from Edmonton to Abbotsford. The morning of travel Flair Airlines changed the flight times to leave 30 mins earlier and they changed the destination to Vancouver. They notified us via email. They offered no compensation for increased costs associated to the change in destination. Nor did they offer any compensation for the inconvenience. It was a nightmare to change all the rentals etc to Vancouver. Thankfully Hertz Car Rental company is understanding of the situation and worked with us to change the rental pickup. Saves us the $150 taxi ride. Never flying with Flair again.
RouteEdmonton to Abbotsford
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"5 out of 5 for their service"

Trip Verified | My wife and I flew Flair Airlines from Vancouver to Toronto in September 2018. When we arrived in Toronto and collected our luggage, we discovered a pocket has been ripped off my wife's roll-along. When we returned to Vancouver 3 weeks later, we put in a damage claim. Flair was very reasonable about compensation for the damage even though they state on their website a claim must be made with 7 days of the damage or loss occurring. As we were on the road for 3 weeks, we could not do this. I sent photos of the damage and at their suggestion a quote for repairs and quotes for a new case. Though it did take them over 4 weeks to pay the claim they did so with good grace. Having dealt with this type of issue a number of times over the years with different airlines with very different results, I give Flair a 5 out of 5 for their service.
RouteVancouver to Toronto
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"I recommend Flair Air"

Trip Verified | Phoenix to Edmonton. Booking our flights online was easy as the website is straightforward. Online check in was effortless as well. The price was great; total cost round trip per person with seat selection (first row seating) and checked baggage (2) and all taxes and fees was $280.00. Other airlines were charging double or triple this amount for the same dates. Both flights were on time; counter staff were pleasant and efficient; and the flight crew were professional, welcoming and humorous. I recommend Flair Air and suggest you don’t base your opinion of this airline on a few negative reviews. Remember that some people create their own problems.
RoutePhoenix to Edmonton
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"gate agents should be trained"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Vancouver. I took the outbound flight (YVR-YEG) On Friday Jan 11 and we were delayed an hour due to a light out in the flight deck. This morning I show up at the airport for a 10:25a departure F8415 from YEG to YVR. The flight comes in from Toronto and disembarks. Gate agents are reading prepared announcements on cards (poorly). They advise us that our flight is delayed due to unscheduled maintenance. They'll let us know in 15 minutes what's going on. 15 minutes later they read the same prepared announcements. This happens two more times. Then they announce a gate change and the delay has gone from 10:25 to 10:55 to 2pm. Yes my flight was $108 all in. Yes I expect minor inconveniences. But gate agents should be trained in how to deal with issues like this. There were a lot of upset passengers. Flair Airlines provided little information for both flights I took Of the almost 2 flights with Flair, 100% of them had issues.
RouteEdmonton to Vancouver
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"for the price we are very happy"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Calgary. Overall for the price we are very happy that we chose to fly Flair. Everything was very easy and simple. The only couple small issues were we had some trouble checking in with our laptop on the way there, but worked no problem with our smart phone and the way back we had no problems using a computer. There was also a 2 hour delay for our flight to Calgary which is hard with 2 young kids. But the way back they actually left 10 mins early and we got back to Vancouver 15 mins ahead of schedule which was amazing! The staff was wonderful with everything! They were super friendly and let our son (1st flight!) take pictures with the pilot and see the cockpit. One attendant gave our son some free snacks on the way home and was chatting with him alot, made him feel very special. We had paid for our checked bags online and there was no issues, some reviews we read said they charged extra even for people that already paid online, but we had no problems. They were amazing with the priority boarding for us (we had 2 kids and a stroller). The leg room was slightly less than other airlines but wasn't too bad especially for such a short flight. No provided snacks or drinks but that was fine, we brought a bunch of our own. I would definitely fly Flair again and recommend it to others. It was the friendliest service I have ever had with any airline.
RouteVancouver to Calgary