Flair Airlines

"I was extremely happy"

Trip Verified | Abbotsford to Calgary. For the money I paid, I was extremely happy. The ground staff in Abbotsford were direct, and attentive. The flight attendants on both ways were helpful and pleasant. The ground staff in Calgary however, seemed a tad unorganized and seemed not to care. Plane was old, but it got us from A to B. Bring snacks, and some movies and you’ll be fine! For the price and convenience of flying out of Abbotsford, I would fly this airline again. An average sized backpack was okay for me to bring on the plane without paying additional fees.
RouteAbbotsford to Calgary
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"hasn't been a great experience"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Winnipeg. Flight was delayed three hours because of an issue with their flight plan. They lost my luggage and was told they'd get back to me the next day and they still haven't. I waited for an hour on the line before getting a customer rep who directed me to e-mail them instead. It just hasn't been a great experience. And I had a lot of valuable items in my luggage so this is pretty annoying. I really wouldn't recommend these guys even with their budget prices.
RouteToronto to Winnipeg
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"extremely polite and friendly"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Miami. Amazing experience. I would love to thank the team for a very professional yet kind individual approach. I am a service dog owner and need my puppy 24/7 around. The staff was understanding and helpful in every step of my journey. Pilots and flight attendants are extremely polite and friendly. The aircraft is nicely maintained and clean. Thank you very much for comfortable flight.
RouteEdmonton to Miami

"suit case was cracked"

Trip Verified | Flew with them on Dec 27 to Las Vegas to Edmonton. Pulled out suit case off and it was cracked. Filled out the forms at the airport. Contacted them Dec 31 when we arrived home. Contacted them again Jan 4. Still nothing!
RouteLas Vegas to Edmonton

"Smaller underseat allowance"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Edmonton. Rude gate and check in staff. Always delayed a minimum of 2 hours. No official under seat bag fits in their 6" wide under seat bag checker. Smaller underseat allowance than any other airline, even though you can fit almost 2 of there 6" bags under their seat. Will easily end up costing you more than non budget. Maybe if they flew on time it might be okay but since one flight a day and they therefore have to wait for other flights to move passengers around they are usually a few hours behind by noon.
RouteVancouver to Edmonton

"worst customer experience"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Toronto. The worst customer experience. I had checked in through online already, and during the day I was flying, the scanner was not able to capture the checkin details, they had to send me to the counter where i had to wait for an hour (when I didn’t need to), which completely doesn’t make sense especially when you’ve checked in online. Then i had to wait again to pass security. On my way to Toronto via connecting flight, flight was scheduled to take off at 5pm, and it is now 8:30 pm as i am writing this message while on plane, they don’t take care of their customers, they don’t offer anything. Very dissatisfied and i will never ever fly with flair Airlines again!
RouteEdmonton to Toronto

"absolute garbage airline"

Trip Verified | My partner and I had a 10:25 departure time out of Edmonton to Vancouver. We arrived at our gate and the plane was deemed on-time. The plane arrived 10 minutes late from Toronto. After 30 minutes the gate crew notified everyone that we are delayed boarding due to mechanical issues. Another hour passes and no update other than repeating that are mechanical issues. Another hour passes, we are still delayed because of mechanical issues. We asked the gate crew an estimated time of departure so we could wander for lunch. They said they had no update. And no time frame. We went for lunch 50 feet from our gate and watched the departures screen attentively for an update. The screen continued (after 3 hours) to say the plane was departing at 10:25am. When we returned to the gate 40 minutes later, the plane had left without us. We heard nothing over the intercom. When we approached the front desk, the manager claimed to have called us personally on our cell phones. Neither of us had missed calls or voicemails from Flair Airlines. The manager was smug and lied straight to our face. When we asked about our luggage, they told us that our luggage went to Vancouver on the plane we were not on. They said we could pick up our luggage when we arrive. They transferred us to a flight to Abbotsford that was also suppose to leave at 1030am. It was also delayed due to “mechanical isssues” until 430pm. When we finally reached Abbotsford at 630pm we had to drive an hour to pick up our luggage at Vancouver International. We reached the Flair desk at 8pm. They told us that no one was available to help us. They said we had to wait until 1am for the next flight to arrive before there would be an agent to help us. We spent 300 dollars on a rental car and motel for the evening. More importantly we lost 36 hours of our trip . Flair Airlines are an absolute garbage airline.
RouteEdmonton to Vancouver

"we had zero issues"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Palm Springs. We had our first trip to Palm Springs with them and we had zero issues. Plane left on time, in fact, 10 minutes early, deiced and we were on our way. Arrived early. Just remember, you only get what you are paying for, so read up and come prepared. It was actually nice to board and deplane in less than 20 minutes, no endless parade of carry on bags, half of the overheads were empty! The plane has a pretty stark appearance, both outside and in, but I'm OK with that. seats do no recline. Just load up your tablet with a movie or two, buy your own bottle of so or water to carry on, and away you go. Flight seemed very "westjetish" at 1/2 the cost.
RouteEdmonton to Palm Springs

"are is very cheap"

Not Verified | Edmonton to Abbotsford. Flair fare is very cheap, I was able to fly to Abbotsford to see my family every 3 months. For passenger knowledge please read and review their policy and charges. First boarding pass, you need to check in online and download it or print your boarding pass for savings. 2nd personal bag is your bag where cellphone, make up fits, a small bag that fit their into their personal sizer, they charge for carry on bags( those bag you put under the seat in front of you). A duffle bag and backpack counts as a carry on if it's full. The only free bag is a personal item! If you pay all your baggage online it's a savings for you. Delays? It happens to all airlines! seriously guys. It happens. Just be thankful that we have now the option of cheap fare. Just please read their policy. In all airlines if it's a 4 hour delays you get a $10 food voucher, (not enough but at least they have something) keep in mind that the airfare you paid has airport terminal charges etc. so if you think of it you only pay like $50 to Flair and if it's delay you get $10, so they just get $40 times how many passenger. I've heard they pay per minute at the airport for delays so I guess they dont earn anything. I am just grateful that Flair helps us to be with our loved ones.
RouteEdmonton to Abbotsford

"Horrible customer service"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Winnipeg. Never flew with Flair Air. Flight was cancelled without any notice. Ended up on Air Canada. Trying to find our way home now. Return flight also cancelled. Does anyone know if Flair Air actually has planes? Worse airline ever. It will be 1 day after our attempt to return home. We are trying to fly WestJet. Do not try and fly with this airline. Horrible customer service. Feel sorry for their employees.
RouteVancouver to Winnipeg