Flair Airlines

"flights have been cancelled"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Orlando. After seeing a news article that Flair was cancelling flights because they can't continue on to "just to keep customers happy", I called in and waited 2.5 hours on hold to find out yes both flights have been cancelled. Apparently they were calling everyone , didn't get a call or an email. Refund promised in 7 to 10 days? Weird it didn't take 7 to 10 days to pay for. No solution or help was offered. Do not risk time and a headache free travel for a cheaper flight. It will cost you in the end. I will be flying WestJet for now on. I always have. Its quite ironic that I book with a company who re-brands themselves as "refreshingly honest". Refreshingly honest your flights will not be cancelled and we will state we will be calling and also helping you out for a new solution. After still not receiving any phone call or email to confirm the cancellation, I phoned back to inquire about the assistance Flair claimed to be provided. The call center lady said they are not able to do that because they are only a call center. I then asked speak to the actual owners and I was told that they don't even know who that is or how to contact them.
RouteEdmonton to Orlando

"avoid this airline"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Miami. I checked my booking online the night before my flight to Miami and found out that my flight back to Toronto had been cancelled. I was quite surprised as I had not received any notification from the airline so I called their customer center. Their customer representative barely apologized, said the flight had been "for personal reasons" (whatever that means). He told me I only had two choices: I could either ask for a refund or book the next Flair Air flight from Toronto to Miami (which was a week later than my original return date!). So I asked for a refund and booked my flight home with another airline. I later finally received the cancellation notification from Flair Air which was stating that a travel agency would contact me to arrange a replacement flight with another airline at no cost. That agency contacted me but as I had already asked for a refund, I was told I could not get take advantage of that offer. I would advise you to avoid this airline. You think you are saving money but you don't know the problems you'll have to face and the extra money you'll have to pay eventually. The only positive thing was the service of the crew onboard but they were actually from a Czech airline that Flair Air contracts.
RouteToronto to Miami
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"Can’t say I’d book again"

Not Verified | Toronto to Calgary. First time flyer. Flight delayed 8.5 hrs, no given reason. Lots of long faces around here. Vacation negatively impacted, less fun and more cost. Can’t get my rental car, do activities today, or get to the ski hill tomorrow thanks to this blunder. To top it off it was $90 to pack my bag and snowboard. Can’t say I’d book again.
RouteToronto to Calgary
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"definitely fly Flair Air again"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Calgary via Winnipeg. My family had a wonderful experience with Flair Air. Despite snow falling in Toronto, the plane left on time to Calgary. Staff were friendly, lots of leg room, no problems checking in and no problems with our luggage. Flying back to Toronto from Calgary a week later went just as well. Again, cold snowy weather did not cause any delays. We packed food for the flight and downloaded Netflix movies on our devices. No need for on-flight entertainment. We will definitely fly Flair Air again.
RouteToronto to Calgary via Winnipeg

"Highly recommend Flair"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Calgary via Winnipeg. A great experience from start to finish. All legs of my flight from Toronto to Calgary were not only on time - they were early. All the staff were super friendly, helpful and professional. They took safety more seriously than other airlines I have been on as well. The planes were all clean and there was a good range of snacks and drinks for purchase on each flight. Seats were leather and very comfortable and there was plenty of legroom. The only (minor) gripe I have is the shuttle bus you have to take to a far away gate at Toronto airport, but that is a small price to pay for the huge savings compared to what the other airlines wanted to charge me for this trip. Highly recommend Flair - give them a try!
RouteToronto to Calgary via Winnipeg

"Most bizarre experience"

(Sri Lanka)

Trip Verified | Most bizarre experience ever: My father and I were booked on F8766 on 19 February Phoenix/Mesa Edmonton. Not only was the flight two hours late to depart (10 pm) but there was a sudden, unscheduled stop in Palm Springs which none of the passengers knew about until it suddenly landed. It was unbelievable. People were in shock. When we asked why the stop, the airline crew said they had to pick up passengers who had been stuck there since 7.30 am. People blurted out 'is this a bus?'. This incident with the protracted flying time and uncertainty, threw my father (who was turning 90 two days later) into a state of anxiety which only increased as the plane sat on the tarmac for hours, further delayed by an elderly passenger who soon after boarding, had a sudden medical condition (probably from having had to wait at the Palm Springs airport for most of the day due to another Flair mess up). We finally arrived in Edmonton to minus 20 degree temperatures at 5 am. My father was extremely anxious the whole time, and has remained so ruining his 90th birthday party, which I flew to Canada for from my home in Sri Lanka. I am now delaying my stay in Edmonton to care for him as such, when I requested the airline today to cover my flight change, they gave the lamest, poorest excuse I have ever heard, that the diversion (which was clearly deliberate and sneaky on their part as none of us were advised before or during departure about the Palm Springs diversion) was 'beyond their control' - I wouldn't even call what they said an apology - the minimum expected - nor of course any cost consideration (for me it was the principle to request). I work for the United Nations and as such have been living and travelling internationally, including in many weird places on small airlines, for more than 30 years. But I have never experienced anything of this sort and would not expect this experience in Canada, my home country. I had welcomed a low cost airline option in Canada which was long overdue but it is not worth it - certainly not at this kind of cost to people's health and wellness.
RouteMesa to Edmonton
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"100% recommending them "

Trip Verified | Toronto to Vancouver. I was really skeptical with having to take Flair Airline for my birthday trip from Toronto to Vancouver (heading to Whistler.) After reading a ton of reviews I took the leap and my husband and I flew with Flair Airlines. Amazing experience! We got to the airport - checked in, boarding passes printed prior to service, bought baggage ahead of time as well. (This alone saves you ($20 for printing boarding passes at home, $140 buying baggage ahead.) READ THE FINE PRINT even in the emails they state to buy baggage ahead half the reviews on this site is how they charge for baggage! It isn't that bad my husband and I brought 1 carry on, 1 personal item and 1 checked bag. All in round trip no hidden fees was around ($830) WHICH IS A STEAL !! As for the flight itself the staff were friendly, very knowledgeable. We had a 40 minute layover in Edmonton to allow people who were flying to Edmonton to get off and the people flying from Edmonton to Vancouver. So efficient and quickly done WE LANDED 40 MINUTES EARLY!! The price of food is relatively good (we brought our own snacks) but bought 2 Tall boys of Heineken for $16.00 ! I could not have had a better experience with them. I will 100% be recommending them to friends and family. So pleased to know we have a trusted airline in Canada to fly!
RouteToronto to Vancouver
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"a great trip especially for the price"

Trip Verified | We booked a 1 week return trip to Palm Springs to go visit my parents and the Flair trip was really good. (Especially since for my wife and I it only cost $500, where as WJ was $1600). We left at 1:45pm on Saturday on time, the check in staff were very friendly and helpful and the flight attendants were as well. The plane wasn't very full so we had an entire row to ourselves. The plane left on time and the seats were very comfortable with almost a little more legroom than WJ or AC (We were in row 4). Landed in Palm Springs and our bags came out in no time. The return trip was 1 hour delayed due to weather in Edmonton (the inbound flight). The airport staff kept us updated and boarded us as soon as they were able. The inflight crew was great again and so were the seats. Again we had an entire row to ourselves and so it was a great flight north. Once we arrived we only waited maybe 2-3 min before our bags came down the belt in customs. I have to say that since you have to pay for overhead bin space and not many people did as you could easily just put it under your seat, the boarding and deplaning was way faster than WJ or AC. All in all a great trip especially for the price. When you go on a super budget discount airline you can't expect much and I was impressed overall by the experience. I will fly Flair again. I know there is a lot of bad reviews, but like any airline it depends on the day and whats happening with the weather. Good job Flair! I was impressed!
RouteEdmonton to Palm Springs

"inexperienced crews"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Palm Springs. Terrible flight. We were suppose to land in Palm Springs only to be diverted to Las Vegas because the pilot was not experienced enough to land in low cloud or raining condition. Then we had to ride a bus for 5 hours from Las Vegas go Palm Springs airport. Not a word from an airline representative, not even a complimentary meal along the way. Lessoned learned is you get what you pay for. Cheap flights = cheap airline = inexperienced crews
RouteEdmonton to Palm Springs

"Horrible experience"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Vancouver. February 9, 2019. Flight out of Toronto was scheduled to depart for 7am, with boarding at 06h15. At 7am we still had not boarded and had not received any announcements fro the gate crew. A few minutes after 7am, the gate crew announced “unscheduled maintenance of the plane, we will update you every 15 minutes”. Two and a half hours later they were still repeating the same message and they still provided no information regarding the nature of the problem, any approximate time when we could expect the flight to be leaving, whether the flight would be cancelled, if we should make other arrangements, nothing. The gate crew knew nothing, they didn’t know what the issue on the plane was. They could not provide any number to call for updates or any help. I called the customer service number from the website and they told me according to their systems the plane was still showing as scheduled to depart at 7am, this was at 10am! Through customer service I had my flight cancelled, and rebooked with Westjet at a large extra cost with their next available flight at 4pm. On the phone again with Flair customer service, the agent said their policy is to not provide money for flights rebooked with other airlines. She said they have a new plane arriving and leaving at 12 noon (this is 5 hours past the scheduled departure time). As we waited for our Westjet flight, we watched the flight information board to see if the Flair flight would in fact leave at 12 noon. At almost 1230pm the flight board updates to say the Flair flight is now delayed till 2pm (7 hours past scheduled departure). A few minutes after 2pm, the flight info board showed that the flight had been cancelled. On the phone with Customer Service with Flair, I was told by customer service they don’t have a complaints department and she had no idea if or when anyone from the company would respond to my complaint. In fact the woman was quite antagonistic, there was no feeling of them trying to help me at all. A couple days later, I called back to Flair customer service to see if they could provide some refund for the extra 800$ we had to spend to leave the airport that day and they said they will not provide a refund. The only option they provide is to book the next flight with Flair Air. In this case, that flight was leaving at 07h00 the next day, but we didnt have anywhere to stay and didnt want to take the chance of another 7 hour delay and cancellation with this airline. Horrible experience.
RouteToronto to Vancouver