Flair Airlines

"Was pleasantly surprised"

Trip Verified | Was very sceptic before undertaking this trip, specially after reading all the negative reviews of the airline. Was pleasantly surprised on my actual experience, actually was better than a lot of low cost experienced earlier. The ground staff was very pleasant to deal with, on time performance, huge leg room on regular seats and an ultra smooth touch down at both instances. Just one issue, one of the cabin crew member was not only kind of rude but was also wearing a very strong and irritable perfume. Overall, a great value for money.
RouteToronto to Calgary

"abysmal at best"

Trip Verified | I booked a flight through Flair to Phoenix in mid February. The original flight time change twice after I booked the flight. Just an email saying the flight time changed, no attached updated itinerary, no explanation. I called to ask why the constant changes and if the flight time would change again, they said not likely. Then they cancelled the flight a week before the scheduled date. I then had to book another flight, which would be considered last minute so the cost of a one way ticket was $700!! I also had to change my rental car reservation because I now have to fly out of a different airport. Their compensation? $50 flight credit. The service and run around I received were abysmal at best, they should be embarrassed by their customer service and "compensation".
Date FlownMarch 2019

"don't seem to have a clue"

Trip Verified | Abbotsford to Calgary. I have not flown with Flair as yet but my review is about the customer service recieved when trying to change the date of my departure. Upon phoning their customer service and asking to make the change I was told that there was a charge to make a change to the flight $125 but it may be less to cancel the flight and re- book. Also a $15 fee to do this with the customer service rep. I agreed to them cancelling the flight and re-scheduling. The fellow told me I would get a new itinerary and a bill for the change.The next day I got a new itinerary but there was no change at all. Upon phoning again I was advised that nothing was done at their end and I would have to re-book myself. That meant the flight had gone up overnight by another $30 and from the previous booking $70. So I am out of pocket $210.50. The original price was $110.50. I will not fly with Flair again. Now I read these reviews I am afraid the actual flight experience will be a disaster too. I can see the demise of this company coming. Their customer service don't seem to have a clue.
RouteAbbotsford to Calgary
Date FlownMarch 2019

"stranding us in the USA"

Trip Verified | Canceled our flight - stranding us in the USA without giving an alternative flight. They had nothing available. Offered a 50 travel voucher which was unacceptable. Will never travel with Flair Airlines again, need a flight home to Canada.
RoutePhoenix to Winnipeg
Date FlownMarch 2019

"just cancelled our flight"

Trip Verified | They just cancelled our flight from Edmonton to Phoenix over Easter 3 weeks away, booked it way back when they first opened for a great price. They emailed a week ago and changed the flight time so thought we were good. Had read some of the bad reviews and now I understand why. Will not recommend or use this airline. And as others have said why would I use the $50 voucher... they will just cancel again. Not to be trusted only book with them if your willing to take the chance on flight being cancelled!

"cancelled my flight"

Trip Verified | Winnipeg to St Pete Clearwater. Beware flair. I should have listened to the reviews. The only positive ones are non confirmed. They cancelled my $200 per person flight leaving to book with Westjet for $550. I should have done that from the start it would have been less.
RouteWinnipeg to St Pete Clearwater
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"conduct is completely unacceptable"

Trip Verified | Booked a return trip to Phoenix for a friends Birthday party there. After initial booking in January, I received an email 2 weeks later saying they had cancelled my outgoing flight and that they had re-booked me 2 days later. No call, no one asking me if that would work and no reason given. I was able to call and have my return flight rebooked 2 days later so I could enjoy a week at my destination. Today, 2 months after I had originally booked the flight, I received an email cancelling both legs of my flight, again, no call and no reason given. Don't book with Flair Airlines unless you want to risk disappointment. Poor customer service and how can any one have any confidence with them. They did send me a code for $50.00 off my next trip with them which is of no value as I personally will never attempt to use their unreliable service in the future. Far too risky. As a former (7 year Major Airline Employee), their conduct is completely unacceptable.
Date FlownMarch 2019

"it’s not worth the stress"

Trip Verified | Do not fly this airline. First off, I booked a flight for 3:30 pm, and when it got to the day, it said the flight was at 12:05, but they didn’t send any type of email saying it was delayed, so I had to call them and confirm it was at 3:30. I finally get to the airport and it is delayed even further. Most of the people there were waiting since 11 am when they were instructed it was a noon flight. Terrible communication to relay to passengers. On the flight back from Abbotsford bo email was sent saying it was delayed until midnight when it was a noon flight also. They were literally no help in trying to help accomodate people to try and get home, instead they told us to come back at 11 pm when we can board. No thanks. Never flying flair again and it’s not worth the stress whether or not the plane will show up
RouteCalgary to Abbotsford

"wait more than 8 hrs"

Trip Verified | Winnipeg to Abbotsford via Calgary. Worst airline traveled ever with. I have to wait more than 8 hrs in Calgary. They didn't gave any appropriate prior notice for the delay and no compensation at all. I will never travel with this airline in future and will not recommend.
RouteWinnipeg to Abbotsford via Calgary
Date FlownMarch 2019

"causes very real problems"

Trip Verified | Winnipeg to Vancouver. This airline is too small to operate. The customer service line is not 24/7 and this causes very real problems. I had a flight scheduled for 8:10 am departure time. At 12:19 am that day, less than 8 hours before take-off at a time that any normal person would be asleep, they sent a delay and reschedule e-mail with an itinerary. The itinerary was impossible - requiring a 13-hour delay in departure time from Winnipeg to Edmonton at 2100 to catch a connecting flight that departed at 10:25 am, 12 hours before I would arrive at the airport. The reschedule also changed airports from Vancouver to Abbotsford, an unacceptable change for the ridiculous and uncertain delay. It should have been to the same city, at least.
RouteWinnipeg to Vancouver