Flair Airlines

"really poor customer experience"

Not Verified | We booked our flights online and departed with no problems at all from Winnipeg to Hamilton a week ago. Our return flight was scheduled for 06:35am in Hamilton this morning September 2, 2018. The flight has now been delayed for over 4 hours due to mechanical issues and the airline has done nothing to accommodate travellers to get them to their destinations. They advised the next flight available is tomorrow morning. This absolutely unacceptable and really poor customer experience. I understand things can happen but they should make better effort to get travelers to their destinations! This airline is good to save money that’s for sure if you’re a flexible traveller!
RouteWinnipeg to Hamilton
Date FlownAugust 2018

"flight was delayed 2 times"

Trip Verified | Avoid Flair at all costs. Flew Edmonton to Abbotsford. The plane was so dated it left you feeling unsafe. Our flight was delayed 2 times without any communication to the passengers via email or other, and when asked why the delay, they said “issues with the Kelowna crew”. Also they knew the flight would not arrive at 7:30, (3.5 hours later) the initial delay but posted it as such to avoid people bailing to other airlines or flights. Not worth any savings.
RouteEdmonton to Abbotsford

"bad customer service"

Not Verified | Kelowna to Hamilton via Edmonton. I didn't even take the flight. A month before they sent me an email adding a stop in Winnipeg. I cancelled and filled out refund form on the June 21 2018. Now 2 months later still no refund and can't talk to them only agents who only book flights. And that's after waiting 45 minutes on hold. Finally got email today August 29 it will be sent to accounts department for refund and another 6 to 8 weeks of waiting. This is unbelievable and bad customer service which is none. Do not fly with this airline. Hopefully they don't close their doors before I get my money.
RouteKelowna to Hamilton via Edmonton
Date FlownAugust 2018

"I would not get a refund"

Trip Verified | Hamilton to Winnipeg. My experience purchasing checked baggage was very much like that of another customer. There was no indication of having purchased a checked bag for my return flight so I called to verify. The service representative said I hadn’t and it was advisable to purchase it prior to getting to the airport otherwise the charge would be higher. Turns out I had paid already, but after speaking to another service representative as well as emailing I was told I would not get a refund. Also, expect to be on hold for about an hour when you call. The airline is always experiencing a “higher number of calls” than usual.
RouteHamilton to Winnipeg

"frustrating customer service"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Halifax via Hamilton. Incredibly frustrating customer service experience. Me and 2 of my siblings (with our families) have flown with them this month and all have had a very awful inconvenient experiences- with very unhelpful customer service when calling in to the contact number - and no response to email contact. So disappointing, as I believe Canada is in need of low cost air carrier - unfortunately- sacrificing customer care isn’t the way to go about it.
RouteEdmonton to Halifax via Hamilton

"encountered no problems"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Calgary. I have to be honest; after reading the reviews on this airline made me want to refund my ticket. However, I wanted to fly with them to see it myself. At the check-in, the lady is nice and approachable. She made sure I knew the gate number and where to board. The cabin crew is friendly enough to answer my questions. Additionally, the plane left just in time and arrived earlier at destination. I have encountered no problems with my trip.
RouteVancouver to Calgary
Date FlownAugust 2018

"does not list purchased bags"

Trip Verified | I booked online and it asks you to purchase your bags (carry on and checked bags). I purchased one each. It was listed in my final price which I paid by credit card. Later, I went online to check in as the flight was that night. I entered my reservation number and it brought up my information (name, address etc). Then it asked if I wanted to purchase carry on or checked bags! It did not list the bags I already thought I’d purchased, so I entered one each. It charged me $55 (and I never received an email receipt for that purchase!) I called them later to check and it did charge me twice! They said to email the support to request a refund. The answer I got back was “Bags are not refundable!” Their website is not clear and does not list purchased bags when you are checking in - be careful! The flight was 2 hours late leaving as well!
RouteVancouver to Edmonton
Date FlownAugust 2018

"definitely use them again"

Not Verified | Edmonton to Vancouver. Was sceptical at first, as the ticket price was incredibly inexpensive. But Flair proved to be a great airline to fly with. The crew was very good natured and helpful. As long as you don't have a ton of luggage, it is extremely affordable to fly with them. I'd definitely use them again.
RouteEdmonton to Vancouver
Date FlownAugust 2018

"will never fly with this airline"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Hamilton. Sent my nephew home yesterday. Due to unforeseen circumstances, he was 5 minutes late for checking in. Was told by CSR that there were no exceptions. Talked to a supervisor and managed to get him checked in for the flight, but long story short he missed it. That isn't the complaint though. His luggage ended up going ahead of him and was waiting at the Hamilton Airport. The flight was a late one landing around 11:30 pm but the Flair Air counter was closed so, he couldn't get his luggage. When my sister got home, she had a phone call from Flair Air saying they had his luggage and were waiting for him to pick it up. From who? There was no one at the counter! My sister was told she could come back the next day to pick it up between 10 am and 2 pm. So, she took the day off work so she could travel back to the airport where she had to wait another half an hour while they unloaded a plane. Not sure if they shipped his luggage somewhere where it had to be unloaded again or what?? To top it off, she could see the luggage behind the counter with no one there to speak to, not one person. When she finally got the luggage, she wasn't even asked for ID. Based on this experience alone, I will never fly with this airline.
RouteEdmonton to Hamilton

"not worth the hassle"

Trip Verified | Calgary to Hamilton via Winnipeg. Extremely disappointed with the service of the gate crew whowere rude and attitude of the flight crew matched that. Family traveling together the online checkin issues the boarding pass to a single mobile device but the gate crew had other ideas. They threatened travelers with extra charges for their system being down and that resulted with some inconveniences on them. The discount is not worth the hassle and all the inconveniences. I would not recommend to anyone.
RouteCalgary to Hamilton via Winnipeg