Flair Airlines

"horrible customer service"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Edmonton. Lost my luggage and it's been three days now, they still have no clue where it is and have horrible customer service. It's like they don't care. What ever you do, no matter how much money you save flying with these guys I suggest you don't do it. They're horrible.
RouteToronto to Edmonton

"cancelled that flight"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Phoenix. I am writing this review for my mother. My sister-in-law booked her to fly out of Edmonton, Saturday, March 9. About three weeks before the flight, FlairAir decided they didn't sell enough tickets so cancelled that flight. Of course, they never notified anyone. We just happened to see the news one night that talked about how flights were cancelled without notification. So we checked. Sure enough, her flight was cancelled. So my sister-in-law booked another flight the next day as that was the earliest she could now fly out. She was going to lose one day of her trip. Now it is about one week before the new booked flight. Just got a notification from my sister-in-law. They cancelled the new time on the flight. Now my mother has to fly out at 8 in the morning instead of 3:30 in the afternoon. That might work out fine if we lived in Edmonton but we live an hour and a half away. Now, I have to pick her up at 4:30 in the morning in order to get to the airport 2 hours before departure. Either that or she has to pay for a hotel at the airport. And there is still a week to go before the new booked flight. Who knows if that one will be changed as well.
RouteEdmonton to Phoenix
Date FlownMarch 2019

"a super discount airline"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Phoenix. Flair is a super discount airline. First time we’ve used it, we booked our Feb trip about 4 months previously. Price was pretty good, but I continued to monitor the prices and this flight just went up & up, to approximately double what we paid. You pay for all baggage including carry-on, but you do get to have a personal bag (purse or computer bag) that fits under the seat. The seats do not recline. They have a little bit of snack food available to purchase on the plane, but it’s like Pringles and Goldfish crackers. Best to bring your own snacks if you want something more substantial. Both directions, they had to move a bunch of people up to the front of the plane to even out the load. All in all, not a bad flight, but without the reclining sears I really wouldn’t want to take a much longer trip than the 3 hours to AZA. Not particularly comfortable.
RouteEdmonton to Phoenix

"no customer service"

Trip Verified | Calgary to Winnipeg. We were flying first time on Flair yesterday. Worst airline ever. Flight was cancelled after whole day at the airport. Kept telling us its delayed and then eventually its cancelled. They had no crew to take us. Plane had mechanical issues. And this is second day, Flair hasn't rebooked Our flights yet. Seriously how come you can stay in business if you have rude staff, no customer service, broken planes, no crew and no access via phone to speak with someone at Flair. Thank you for not even flying us at our destination.
RouteCalgary to Winnipeg
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"charge you for your carry on"

Trip Verified | Winnipeg to Toronto. Out of 3 Trips with Flair airlines, 2 were delayed because of maintenance issues. They uses old used airplanes which are not reliable and not comfortable too. They charge you for your carry on (7kg) luggage bag then your check in bag. Avoid flair air by selecting others by paying few extra bucks.
RouteWinnipeg to Toronto

"Do not fly with Flair"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Vancouver. I got to the airport for my flight and was told that my 7 am flight got delayed to 3:45. The attendant told me that a good option if I wanted to get back home earlier would be to get my flight refunded and just go with another airline as my refunded amount would cover the cost. I got refunded $200.85, and went to another airline to find out the flight would cost $1900, so I went back to flair to stay with my original ticket 30 mins later only to find out I have to pay another $515.95. This is not only very frustrating as I have now gone around the whole airport for no benefit, actually costing me another $315 because of their employee. On top of that amount I also had to get a $50 cab to the airport thinking my flight was still at 7 because public transit opens at 5 and I was told to be at the airport at 5. And further, now I have to get a hotel because I won’t be able to catch transportation until the next morning which is another $150. Flair Air as costed me an extra $500 to my trip. Customer service at the terminal and over the phone has been awful. They claim that because of their policy they can not refund me the difference of the charge. Do not fly with Flair.
RouteToronto to Vancouver
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"extra $73 for a carry on"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Toronto. I probably won’t ever fly with Flair again. I saved $0. I may have even spent more than if I would’ve flown with WestJet or Air Canada. Not impressed. I specifically bought and under-seat bag to carry valuable work equipment in. They double checked it at the gate and made me pay an extra $35 each way for the bag because they thought it was too big, making it an extra $73 total for a carry on stowed bag which should’ve been free. I got on the plane, and it sure enough did fit under the seat with plenty of foot space and room. I was not impressed.
RouteEdmonton to Toronto

Flair Airlines customer review

Not Verified | Toronto to Vancouver. I am so impressed with your agents and flight attendants. Trying to make arrangements was on was a challenge both coming and returning but your people definitely made up for it. The price was great and the comfort level was fine. The flight was comfortable. But the people were great. Especially on my return flight. I will definitely use Flair Air again.
RouteToronto to Vancouver
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"flights have been cancelled"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Orlando. After seeing a news article that Flair was cancelling flights because they can't continue on to "just to keep customers happy", I called in and waited 2.5 hours on hold to find out yes both flights have been cancelled. Apparently they were calling everyone , didn't get a call or an email. Refund promised in 7 to 10 days? Weird it didn't take 7 to 10 days to pay for. No solution or help was offered. Do not risk time and a headache free travel for a cheaper flight. It will cost you in the end. I will be flying WestJet for now on. I always have. Its quite ironic that I book with a company who re-brands themselves as "refreshingly honest". Refreshingly honest your flights will not be cancelled and we will state we will be calling and also helping you out for a new solution. After still not receiving any phone call or email to confirm the cancellation, I phoned back to inquire about the assistance Flair claimed to be provided. The call center lady said they are not able to do that because they are only a call center. I then asked speak to the actual owners and I was told that they don't even know who that is or how to contact them.
RouteEdmonton to Orlando

"avoid this airline"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Miami. I checked my booking online the night before my flight to Miami and found out that my flight back to Toronto had been cancelled. I was quite surprised as I had not received any notification from the airline so I called their customer center. Their customer representative barely apologized, said the flight had been "for personal reasons" (whatever that means). He told me I only had two choices: I could either ask for a refund or book the next Flair Air flight from Toronto to Miami (which was a week later than my original return date!). So I asked for a refund and booked my flight home with another airline. I later finally received the cancellation notification from Flair Air which was stating that a travel agency would contact me to arrange a replacement flight with another airline at no cost. That agency contacted me but as I had already asked for a refund, I was told I could not get take advantage of that offer. I would advise you to avoid this airline. You think you are saving money but you don't know the problems you'll have to face and the extra money you'll have to pay eventually. The only positive thing was the service of the crew onboard but they were actually from a Czech airline that Flair Air contracts.
RouteToronto to Miami