Flair Airlines

"Don't book with Flair"

Trip Verified | Don't book with Flair. Was booked for 7:30 leave Abby, 11:30 arrive Hamilton direct. The day before when you are allowed to check in electronically, found out flights had been changed to 8:30 stop in Edmonton at 11 till 4pm then stuck on the plane till 11:30 stopping in Winnipeg where they don't let you off to eat then finally destination Hamilton at almost midnight--12 hours later than promised doing the milk run! Get this - return flight wasn't even the direct cities promised. Changed to Toronto and Vancouver, waited hours on phone to speak to anyone even slightly helpful and after four agents tossing you to transfer to the next guy and then the next guy ended up with a meticulously spelled out email itineraries at flair to send an electronic message. PS this email bounced back as invalid. This was the result after two and a half hours of phone time being tossed and transferred from four different agents. Fun stuff. Begging for partial refund for return flight or explanation has gotten me nowhere so far. Still waiting for 72 hours for different route electronic response, sad sad system.
RouteAbbotsford to Hamilton via Edmonton, Winnipeg

"horrible customer service"

Trip Verified | Hamilton to Abbotsford via Edmonton. Absolutely horrible customer service. Do not fly with Flair. AVOID AT ALL COSTS. I missed my first leg of this flight and managed to miraculously book a separate flight to make it in time for my connecting flight in Edmonton. I was informed by Flair Airlines that because I missed my first flight, even though there is a 5hr 45min layover in Edmonton my ticket was void. Absolutely abysmal customer service. Incredibly disappointed that they couldn't get me on the flight in Edmonton.
RouteHamilton to Abbotsford via Edmonton
Date FlownJuly 2018

"had to pay for carry on"

Trip Verified | Vancouver to Toronto. This flight charges for carry on, the 7kg that they allow is only for the bag you are allowed to keep under your seat. Any carry on to be placed in the above cabin is charged 35$. I had booked a ticket for my cousin and she had to pay 35$ on the airport for the cabin carry on which is normally free with other flights. In no way is this a cheap airline. Would never recommend this airline.
RouteVancouver to Toronto

"disappointed and frustrated"

Trip Verified | I flew from Calgary to Vancouver and Im really disappointed and frustrated. First, I coudn't do my checkin online all the time the system gives me error. At the airport the customer service charge me for my small luggage even it was under 7kg, $52.5. When I call them there is no customer service - Ive been waiting for more than 1h to talk to someone and he told that he can do nothing for me. If you have to pay for a luggage make sure to take a receipt.otherwise you will be surprise when you check you visa.
RouteCalgary to Vancouver
Date FlownJuly 2018

"they have no customer service"

Trip Verified | I see how Flair is able to provide such cheap flights now - they have no customer service. I purchased check-in luggage at the time of booking and when I got to the ticket counter at YVR, the agent told me they had me marked as carry-on (I was flying to Kelowna). I told them that wasn't correct because I was flying to San Diego (with a different airline) and was gone for two weeks (i.e., I needed a proper suitcase). She said it wasn't a problem, but she would have to charge me for the check-in bag and gave me the customer care line and told me to call in and they could refund it as she had placed a note on my reservation. So I did and I waited online for well over an hour, only to find out the call centre cannot issue a refund and they would escalate it and I would hear from a manager within three days max. It's been two weeks and I've emailed them but no reply, so I called again, waited on hold for 20 minutes and was told the same thing. I complained that I hadn't heard back and had already been promised this call from management and was not satisfied with that answer. I find it very hard to believe that a) they can't issue refunds and b) there was no manager to talk to nor was there any way for her to transfer me to the 'refund department'. I'm livid. I'm a working grad student and have been double charged for my bags because the original agent promised me a simple refund process.
RouteVancouver to Kelowna
Date FlownJune 2018

"get a way to trick you"

Trip Verified | Took Flair Airlines from Edmonton to Hamilton, everything was great, however when I was printing tickets and there was a choice to check in bags. ( I had only one bag I needed to check in). I was about to choose 1 bag but down below all the options says “keep existing bag ?” (for witch I paid fo ), so I chose this one and continued, got my e ticket and click gone. Got to the airport and they asked me to pay 35$ for my check in bag! Which is suppose to be 25$ when I booking online (I did everything online! ). so disappointed that this airline hiding details. (Why would they ask me to keep my existing bag to over charge at the airport?. Quite disappointed that this airline will get a way to trick you.
RouteHamilton to Edmonton

"we were very pleased"

Not Verified | Hamilton to Edmonton. We had read so many negative reviews about Flair. But we decided to take a chance because the fare was unbeatable and made it affordable to even go. We were so skeptics after all the reviews but we got to the airport, check in was so smooth. We waited for our flight, boarded and took off on time! It was an older aircraft, no bells and whistles (but that is the point of affordable flying!) but the leg room was awesome! Older planes had more room before they figured out they could pack everyone like sardines! My husband is 6’5” and was so happy his knees did not even touch the seat in front. The crew were awesome!! They served water twice and offered other drinks and snacks for purchase. One of the flight attendants was so kind. There was a 16 year old boy sitting behind us, flying alone to go see his grandma. He didn’t have a credit card and all the airlines only take CC these days and he really wanted a bag of chips. I was going to buy to for him but before I could even offer the flight a attendant told him it was on her. So kind. We landed, got our luggage within a few minutes and we were off. No complaints at all. For an economy 4.5 hour flight, which was truly economy, we were very pleased.
RouteHamilton to Edmonton

"a huge disappointment"

Trip Verified | Calgary to Vancouver. First time to fly with them and it was a huge disappointment and very frustrating! It’s not cheap at all, I just gave them a shot since they are new, but their policy, if you have a small luggage you must still check it in. There was a lady blocked me while I was going in line and asked me if I have checked in online and I must pay a fee for my small bag! I told her I travel with that small luggage all the time no problem, and her response was, ‘those are different airlines’. You pay extra $45 for that luggage which is such a money grab! Also, flight was delayed for over 2 hrs due to crew rest if they can’t handle how much guest flyers they book in, then they should not operate at all. Which they only have 1-2 flights in Calgary. This is the last time I will book with them. I am better off booking through Air Canada or Westjet. Never will I even look at flights through Flair Airlines. No star if possible in this review!
RouteCalgary to Vancouver
Date FlownJuly 2018

"never made it on board"

Trip Verified | I booked in March to fly to Vancouver fron Kelowna on June 29. The morning I was to depart, I tried to check in online, but there was no Flair flight to Vancouver that day. I went to the airport, because I could not get through to the customer service line. I was told at the Kelowna ticket counter that my flight had been changed to June 27 (two days prior), and there was no flight to Vancouver that day. I received no notice of this change. After escalated tempers because they offered me unsatisfactory alternatives, they booked me on an Air Canada which was flying direct to Vancouver. The other alternatives were flying to Edmonton and then back to Vancouver, or flying to Abbotsford and taking a taxi to Vancouver. I was going to a celebration of life and neither of these options was going to work, as the arrival times would get me to Vancouver AFTER the celebration. I managed to get to Vancouver, but the flight they booked me to return was three days AFTER I needed to be back. After numerous hours waiting to get through to the customer service line, and numerous emails to the "consolidation department", nothing was done and I was stranded in Vancouver. As it was the Canada Day long weekend, I was stressed for the whole duration, wondering how I was going to get home and back to work on Tuesday. Finally, after hearing NOTHING from the consolidation department, I booked a bus ticket home. I have never had such terrible service in my life. They ignore, refuse to offer any assistance for the screw-up they caused, recite the same unhelpful rhetoric no matter what you say to them, and are completely oblivious to decent service. No "discount fare" is worth the hell this airline caused me. What was supposed to be a family weekend to say goodbye to a beloved family member turned into a total farce, trying to get answers from a company that clearly doesn't care about it's customer base. And as for the rating out of 10, mine is a ZERO, except the indicator won't let me select that. Value for the money is also ZERO, as I am now out of pocket the return flight AND the bus ticket i had to purchase. Ground service? ZERO. Why was I not notified of the change in my flight? Because they didn't bother. Seat comfort? Never made it on board. Cabin Staff service? Again, never made it on board.
RouteKelowna to Vancouver
Date FlownJune 2018

"a constant headache"

Trip Verified | I flew from Edmonton to Abbotsford and then back with Flair Air. Utter mistake. I have had nothing but problems since choosing my itinerary. I paid for “flex” at initial booking. They would not answer the phone lines they had provided to me. I spent hours on hold on the 1-800 line and was told I could only do things online. So I did that, still not correct. After 5+ emails, my itinerary was finalized. Checking in at Edmonton, they do not tell you that if you don’t check in online, they charge you. So I was shoved off to the side of the line until I checked in, like many others. It was complete chaos. When we finally boarded, we could not take off because they had screwed up their manifest. Even the pilot was extremely annoyed. Checking in at Abbotsford was better but now I’ve been waiting nearly 2 hours for my flight, as it’s not even here. Every time they make an announcement, they add another hour. Their staff are unorganized, not at all helpful and uncaring. Yes, you save a bit of money but you get a constant headache. Never again will I fly with this airline.
RouteAbbotsford to Edmonton