Flair Airlines

"wait more than 8 hrs"

Trip Verified | Winnipeg to Abbotsford via Calgary. Worst airline traveled ever with. I have to wait more than 8 hrs in Calgary. They didn't gave any appropriate prior notice for the delay and no compensation at all. I will never travel with this airline in future and will not recommend.
RouteWinnipeg to Abbotsford via Calgary
Date FlownMarch 2019

"causes very real problems"

Trip Verified | Winnipeg to Vancouver. This airline is too small to operate. The customer service line is not 24/7 and this causes very real problems. I had a flight scheduled for 8:10 am departure time. At 12:19 am that day, less than 8 hours before take-off at a time that any normal person would be asleep, they sent a delay and reschedule e-mail with an itinerary. The itinerary was impossible - requiring a 13-hour delay in departure time from Winnipeg to Edmonton at 2100 to catch a connecting flight that departed at 10:25 am, 12 hours before I would arrive at the airport. The reschedule also changed airports from Vancouver to Abbotsford, an unacceptable change for the ridiculous and uncertain delay. It should have been to the same city, at least.
RouteWinnipeg to Vancouver

"unorganized, confused,"

Trip Verified | This airline is an absolute nightmare. I booked a return flight with the wrong date, and called to cancel. I was told that since I called to cancel within 24 hours that I would receive a full refund within 10-15 business days. I booked another return flight for the correct days, and there were no real issues with that flight. The in-flight food offerings aren't really appetizing at all, but the staff were friendly. The aircraft was not at all clean, and the seats and aircraft as a whole were showing their age and wear. A couple weeks later I booked one way flight with Flair. Due to some meetings being shuffled around, I called to inquire about changing the date. I was told the fee for changing the flight was as much as the flight itself cost. I also inquired about cancellation, but was told I would forfeit my payment and my seat on the flight. I told them I didn't wish to transfer or cancel. I showed up to the one way flight and at check-in I was told that my ticket had been cancelled. I was told I could purchase a ticket for that flight at almost twice what I had paid originally. I opted not to fly. I called customer service and was told I had asked to cancel it. They told me they would call me back after they reviewed the call. I called back a few hours later and had been told that it had been reviewed and that I had asked for it to be cancelled. I asked to speak to a supervisor, and they denied to let me speak to one. I asked to hear the recording (so that if I was wrong, I could leave it.) and was denied. I decided to look into the first flight, and saw it still hadn't been refunded. I called Flair again and was told it would not be refunded because the cancellation had been requested within 7 days of the date of the flight. I had booked the flight originally within 7 days, so that checks out. The issue here is that I did have cancellation insurance, but I did not file a claim since Flair said that they would be refunding me. Now I have to fight the agents because of the mistake that Flair made in telling me that they would be able to refund me. This airline is a mess. I wouldn't fly with them again under any circumstance, and I would advise others to avoid them as well. The customer service agents are unorganized, confused, and frankly very rude.
RouteToronto to Winnipeg

"experience was terrible"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Winnipeg. My experience with Flair Airlines was terrible. They had delayed the flight going there and back by 2 hours and more. My baggage was lost for 7 days, I was staying in Winnipeg for 8 days and had received my luggage the day before my departure home. Horrible experience, I've learned to not fly with them. I also emailed Flair many times during my stay and called them over 10 times and I've either been told that they cannot assist me or I've received no reply. Once I had gone into the airport to directly resolve the problem, I was told that Flair does not have a baggage scanner, therefore, they are unaware where my baggage is. I am still struggling to get a reimbursement from Flair from all the items I've had to purchase as a result of no baggage. My ticket price was around $500 and was not cheap to begin with, you're better off going with West-Jet or Swoop for a much cheaper price with extremely incomparably better service.
RouteEdmonton to Winnipeg
Date FlownDecember 2018

"never fly Flair Airlines again"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Toronto. I had a flight leaving Edmonton airport which I booked last minute due to the sudden death of my Nana. I had booked two seats for my bf and I with one checked bag between the two of us. We made it to the airport on time however with the shuttle wait we were cutting it close. As we arrived to the baggage line to check our bags, the staff told us that the belt shuts down at 4:00 and there was nothing that they could do for us. The time was 4:03 and after letting the staff know that I am going to a funeral and need to get my bag on that plane (as my luggage was filled with memories photos etc and we were 3 minutes after 4 -Surely they can show some compassion!) The staff then got the supervisor and she was absolutely no help. She kept saying that it was policy and there was absolutely nothing she could do. But as customers we've paid for that checked bag and I have never had an issue on any other airline. Even at busier airports- they usually have options and compassion and solutions. Flair did not! All she suggested was to make a carry on with what was most important or book a flight tomorrow. I was super frustrated and emotional and could not stop crying. This lady wasted 20 minutes of our time arguing instead of trying to help her customers like a reasonable person would do. My sister is a flight attendant and I had called her for help on what to do. She said they should be able to walk the luggage and stow it where the wheelchairs and strollers go. After making this suggestion the lady got aggressive saying they're a different airline and theres nothing she can do. After a half hour of this nonsense she gave my boyfriend a garbage bag to make a carry on and suggested he leave with the luggage and can get on a flight the following day. I was distraught thinking "now I have to go through this alone?" After leaving my luggage at the airport and only bringing a pair of pjs and my funeral outfit, we made it through security together and onto the plane within 10 minutes. And once we were on the plane it didn't take off for another 10. Plenty of time to get my bag on the flight. Sitting on the plane I was clearly upset. All I could think of was what I had in my bag and how it wont be making it to my hometown with me. A flight attendant approached me to ask if I was okay and what had exactly happened. After explaining the situation he was shocked. He could not believe how ignorant this supervisor was. He even asked why she didnt stow it underneath just like my sister had suggested. Or suggested to send the luggage on the flight after. The flight crew was very nice and understanding and comped a drink and food for our troubles. They even kept checking on me assuring me that I was treated wrong and they would make the flight a better experience. I was very thankful for that however knowing that she was in the wrong and I was basically being picked on during this sensitive time was frustrating and unacceptable. I wasnt able to get a refund for my checked bag either. They also would not give me her name to make a complaint on my experience. I will never fly Flair Airlines again.
RouteEdmonton to Toronto

"surpassed my expectations"

Not Verified | Calgary to Vancouver. I was greeted by friendly people at check in. My flight was on time, the on-flight drinks and food were cheaper than any other airline I’ve been on and we arrived 40 minutes ahead of schedule. I understand that some people have bad experiences with airlines, and upon reading the reviews I was very nervous about my trip. However, I think someone should give Flair the credit they deserve. They surpassed my expectations and have far surpassed the service on other airlines I’ve been on.
RouteCalgary to Vancouver
Date FlownMarch 2019

"Do not fly with this airline"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Mesa with Flair Airlines. Do not fly with this airline. They will cancel your flight without notice or less common just move it. They will not get you a replacement flight. They will refund your ticket price and give you a $50 voucher for future flights with them but it is going to cost you hundreds or thousands extra to get a flight with no notice on another airlines, if at all possible. Of course if your flight is on a holiday and you need to book with no notice after they cancel at the last minute you won't find a flight and your holiday is gone as well as any rooms and activities you booked that are not refundable. It is not worth the price difference when using this airline and this is common practice for them and they have no remorse.
RouteEdmonton to Mesa

"friendly and informative"

Not Verified | Toronto to Vancouver via Edmonton. 30%-40% cheaper compared to Westjet and Air-Canada. Has a bit of delay but that is winter flying (mother nature) so nothing to do with Flair. Crew are friendly and informative.
AircraftB737-400
RouteToronto to Vancouver via Edmonton
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"Never again Flair!"

Trip Verified | Calgary to Winnipeg. Avoid this airline - they are cheap for a reason. I gave them a second chance after an 8 hour delay the first time I flew with them and this is what happened on my second trip. After about 30 minutes in the air we turned back for an emergency landing due to the smell of smoke in the cabin (pilot announced it had an electrical smell to it). Fire and emergency vehicles welcoming us in the runway and escorted us to the gate. We deplaned and waited in the terminal for answers. Kept being told by staff “give us 10 minutes” for an update but, they just kept putting us off & were given little Information .. just a lot of “I don’t know.” Finally overheard that our plane was not fixable but, a new plane was in the Calgary hangar .. except there was no crew. They apparently searched for a crew - with no luck - and our new plane never arrived. We were told 4 hours later (more than 5 hours after our original departure time) that our flight was cancelled. They scrambled to book hotels & told us that Flair would rebook us and send an email with the flight details. We could not contact Flair customer service, as they were already closed for the evening. The email never came. I called Flair the next morning & they had not rebooked me but, managed to get me on a flight, with Flair for that day. I arrived at the airport only to find out my flight was already delayed for 6 hours. I called Flair and received a refund so I could book a flight home with Westjet. I didn’t care that it was $300 more .. it was well worth it. Never again Flair!
RouteCalgary to Winnipeg
Date FlownFebruary 2019

"disappointing customer service"

Not Verified | This was our families first and last time ever booking with Flair Airlines. We booked our flight from Edmonton to Kelowna for March 8th back in January for a couples weekend away. On March 2nd we received an email saying that due to scheduling changes they moved our flight a day ahead to March 7th. Unfortunately due to work commitments and child care arrangements myself and my husband did not have the flexibility to fly a day ahead. Flair were unable to book us another flight on the day of our scheduled departure or the day after and refused to consider booking us on another airline. Although they did offer us a refund, at that short notice it did not come close to covering the cost to fly on our own with another airline. Very disappointing customer service and lack of regard for customers travel plans.
RouteEdmonton to Kelowna