Flair Airlines

"Poor customer service"

Not Verified | Victoria to Edmonton. Poor customer service. Got an email saying a 1hr delay only to get to airport and was 2 hr delay and then staff stood around gave no info - had to read on departure screen delayed another hr. Was suppose to leave Victoria at 1230 but never left until 1650. Thanks for the offer of coffee and tea for free mighty generous of you. Better customer service would have been an explanation along with a voucher. Won't be my first choice when flying again. Staff on plane were also rude.
RouteVictoria to Edmonton
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"by far the worst airline"

Trip Verified | Winnipeg to Edmonton. This is by far the worst airline I have ever had to deal with. It seems they get all the flight attendant rejects that have no people skills. My flight is delayed by 35 minutes because there is a problem with the engine and they are "fixing it right now" no thanks, maybe get a different plane.
RouteWinnipeg to Edmonton

"non working seat belt"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Halifax via Hamilton. I was flying with grandson and daughter. Discover before takeoff that grandson who was in middle seat 6B..(i was in A and daughter in C) that his seatbelt would not stay tight after buckled and strap pulled snug. That was ok as flight attendant moved us to seats directly behind us, all was good. We landed in Hamilton Ontario airport for a crew change. We were all instructed to move back to original seats. I asked attendant what about our non working seat belt she said she would inform next set of flight attendants of the problem and they would rearrange us before take off. We were ready for take off and i thought ok no one has said anything to us about moving so i told one attendant she said she would speak to other attendant. She came said she was not aware of this issue moved us to seats across isle where again we discovered 2 of those seatbelts would not stay tightened after strap was pulled tight. This is now seat E & F...by time i got her attention again we were moving out to runway he proceeded to say to daughter move back over to seat C and told grandson to move up an row into a seat away from me...he was reluctant as this was only the 2nd plane he'd been on and first trip away so he wasnt secure about moving...and said come on you can do it..as we were taxing down run way...was not a comfortable experience for grandson of 6 urs old but i talked him thru it. My whole point was the number of non working seatbelts which are a very important piece of equipment on flights. And how people feel that separating young children from adults during a very already nervous situation. I will say the seatbelts and the non communication from crew to crew will cause me to not ever fly flair air again or recommend any one else to. My grandson talks of all his wonderful adventures this summer but the one he tells first to everyone is how he faced his fear of heights and flew in an airplane but his seatbelt was broken in airplane 2 times and was scared to not be beside my grandma and auntie. Not a very satisfied customer.
RouteEdmonton to Halifax via Hamilton
Date FlownAugust 2018

"a very positive experience"

Trip Verified | Hamilton to Halifax. For the price I paid, the airline was great. To get a return flight from Ontario to Nova Scotia, during the summer, including bags each way for less than $300 is unheard of with bigger airlines. The flight wasn’t the most spacious, but for an hour and 45 minutes each way, its a no-brainer to just deal with a bit of a squeeze for that fare. Most economy seats aren’t the roomiest anyway, so it really made very little difference. The flight was delayed due to weather (nothing to do with Flair - all flights were grounded because of lightning) and the captain updated us frequently while the flight staff walked the aisles offering water and checking on patrons. The check in was fast and efficient and my bag made it to my destination without any issues. Make sure you read the details and the fine print, and show up early as they will close the counter at exactly the stated time (which to me is perfectly acceptable, even if people are in line, as they very clearly say what time the counter closes). All in all, it was a very positive experience and I will absolutely fly with Flair again.
RouteHamilton to Halifax

"Will not fly again"

Trip Verified | Hamilton to Edmonton. First, when I went to check in there were about 6 employees standing talking looking at me yet continuing their personal conversation. I waited for a few minutes before saying “hello?” this prompted the lady to check me in. She made me pay to check my normal size back pack and bring nothing on the plane with me. Upon boarding the plane, obviously many people had backpacks. It is a personal item - every other airline deems a backpack a personal item. The staff on the flight came across rude and the seats were insanely uncomfortable. I paid extra to check a bag when I could have just flown Westjet or Air Canada for the same total as they would have let me keep my backpack - as well as kinder staff and much nicer planes. Will not fly again.
RouteHamilton to Edmonton
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"Overall very bad experience"

Not Verified | Travelled from Vancouver to Calgary. Flight was delayed so cabin crew rushed everyone in the aircraft repeatedly telling us to get out of the way so they could take off quickly. Waited at the baggage carousel for half an hour just to realize our baggage was lost. Flair Airlines representative was impossible to find because they were sitting in a different companies office. When confronted with my situation, the representative claimed that they will only refund our baggage fee when online it says they would refund our losses as well. Very bad customer service and not helpful at all. Did not reply to any emails sent. Went back to the airport the next day to talk to a representative to find my bag was there and that they had purposefully left my bag at Vancouver and had not even informed me. Overall very bad experience and don't recommend flying with this airline.
RouteVancouver to Calgary

"going back to Westjet"

Not Verified | Victoria to Edmonton. I've heard some horror stories about this airline and guess what they're true. Our flight was supposed to take off at 12.30pm so we arrived at 11. Only to find out that our flight is delayed until 645pm due to mechanical issues. They said everyone was supposed to have been emailed new boarding time but nobody received one. There planes are old and apparently this is a regular thing with them. I'm going back to Westjet.
RouteVictoria to Edmonton

"purposely hassle travellers"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Toronto. Personal bag - under seat. Their website shows measurement of 15x33x43cm but their unit at the airport is much smaller in size. Their staff insists that the bag has to fit in the unit placed at the airport to be allowed without charge to be carried on. They purposely hassle travellers to get extra money out of customers between $52.50 to $57.50. When you show them the measurement on their site, they insist that the site measurements are wrong and the unit at airport are the correct size. After too much argument, they allowed us to take it on board without charge. The ironic thing is it happened to us boarding from Toronto airport too to fly to Edmonton and without much hassle they allowed us to carry the same bag on board. Why is this airline troubling passengers when they do allow at the end to carry them on. This airline is like a 3rd world country airline were they try to squeeze as much money from passengers as they can.
RouteEdmonton to Toronto

"anger and uncertainty"

Not Verified | Terrible Customer Service! 4+ hour flight delay and Flair would not accommodate any of the passengers with vouchers nor updates. They would however consistently deny any inquiries made by the passengers leaving them in a state of anger and uncertainty. Flair’s policy only reimburses value to customers after a delay of 4+ hours which is completely detrimental to federal transportation policy of 2 hours before value reimbursement. Because of this, Flair Airlines is subject to fines and should reevaluate their customer service policies if they intend to remain a company. Discount airfare should not come at the expense of limiting customer service. I will not book with Flair Airlines again.
RouteHamilton to Winnipeg
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"really poor customer experience"

Not Verified | We booked our flights online and departed with no problems at all from Winnipeg to Hamilton a week ago. Our return flight was scheduled for 06:35am in Hamilton this morning September 2, 2018. The flight has now been delayed for over 4 hours due to mechanical issues and the airline has done nothing to accommodate travellers to get them to their destinations. They advised the next flight available is tomorrow morning. This absolutely unacceptable and really poor customer experience. I understand things can happen but they should make better effort to get travelers to their destinations! This airline is good to save money that’s for sure if you’re a flexible traveller!
RouteWinnipeg to Hamilton