Flair Airlines

"don't seem to have a clue"

Trip Verified | Abbotsford to Calgary. I have not flown with Flair as yet but my review is about the customer service recieved when trying to change the date of my departure. Upon phoning their customer service and asking to make the change I was told that there was a charge to make a change to the flight $125 but it may be less to cancel the flight and re- book. Also a $15 fee to do this with the customer service rep. I agreed to them cancelling the flight and re-scheduling. The fellow told me I would get a new itinerary and a bill for the change.The next day I got a new itinerary but there was no change at all. Upon phoning again I was advised that nothing was done at their end and I would have to re-book myself. That meant the flight had gone up overnight by another $30 and from the previous booking $70. So I am out of pocket $210.50. The original price was $110.50. I will not fly with Flair again. Now I read these reviews I am afraid the actual flight experience will be a disaster too. I can see the demise of this company coming. Their customer service don't seem to have a clue.
RouteAbbotsford to Calgary
Date FlownMarch 2019

"stranding us in the USA"

Trip Verified | Canceled our flight - stranding us in the USA without giving an alternative flight. They had nothing available. Offered a 50 travel voucher which was unacceptable. Will never travel with Flair Airlines again, need a flight home to Canada.
RoutePhoenix to Winnipeg
Date FlownMarch 2019

"just cancelled our flight"

Trip Verified | They just cancelled our flight from Edmonton to Phoenix over Easter 3 weeks away, booked it way back when they first opened for a great price. They emailed a week ago and changed the flight time so thought we were good. Had read some of the bad reviews and now I understand why. Will not recommend or use this airline. And as others have said why would I use the $50 voucher... they will just cancel again. Not to be trusted only book with them if your willing to take the chance on flight being cancelled!
RouteEdmonton to Phoenix

"cancelled my flight"

Trip Verified | Winnipeg to St Pete Clearwater. Beware flair. I should have listened to the reviews. The only positive ones are non confirmed. They cancelled my $200 per person flight leaving to book with Westjet for $550. I should have done that from the start it would have been less.
RouteWinnipeg to St Pete Clearwater
Date FlownJanuary 2019

"conduct is completely unacceptable"

Trip Verified | Booked a return trip to Phoenix for a friends Birthday party there. After initial booking in January, I received an email 2 weeks later saying they had cancelled my outgoing flight and that they had re-booked me 2 days later. No call, no one asking me if that would work and no reason given. I was able to call and have my return flight rebooked 2 days later so I could enjoy a week at my destination. Today, 2 months after I had originally booked the flight, I received an email cancelling both legs of my flight, again, no call and no reason given. Don't book with Flair Airlines unless you want to risk disappointment. Poor customer service and how can any one have any confidence with them. They did send me a code for $50.00 off my next trip with them which is of no value as I personally will never attempt to use their unreliable service in the future. Far too risky. As a former (7 year Major Airline Employee), their conduct is completely unacceptable.
RouteEdmonton to Phoenix
Date FlownMarch 2019

"it’s not worth the stress"

Trip Verified | Do not fly this airline. First off, I booked a flight for 3:30 pm, and when it got to the day, it said the flight was at 12:05, but they didn’t send any type of email saying it was delayed, so I had to call them and confirm it was at 3:30. I finally get to the airport and it is delayed even further. Most of the people there were waiting since 11 am when they were instructed it was a noon flight. Terrible communication to relay to passengers. On the flight back from Abbotsford bo email was sent saying it was delayed until midnight when it was a noon flight also. They were literally no help in trying to help accomodate people to try and get home, instead they told us to come back at 11 pm when we can board. No thanks. Never flying flair again and it’s not worth the stress whether or not the plane will show up
RouteCalgary to Abbotsford

"wait more than 8 hrs"

Trip Verified | Winnipeg to Abbotsford via Calgary. Worst airline traveled ever with. I have to wait more than 8 hrs in Calgary. They didn't gave any appropriate prior notice for the delay and no compensation at all. I will never travel with this airline in future and will not recommend.
RouteWinnipeg to Abbotsford via Calgary
Date FlownMarch 2019

"causes very real problems"

Trip Verified | Winnipeg to Vancouver. This airline is too small to operate. The customer service line is not 24/7 and this causes very real problems. I had a flight scheduled for 8:10 am departure time. At 12:19 am that day, less than 8 hours before take-off at a time that any normal person would be asleep, they sent a delay and reschedule e-mail with an itinerary. The itinerary was impossible - requiring a 13-hour delay in departure time from Winnipeg to Edmonton at 2100 to catch a connecting flight that departed at 10:25 am, 12 hours before I would arrive at the airport. The reschedule also changed airports from Vancouver to Abbotsford, an unacceptable change for the ridiculous and uncertain delay. It should have been to the same city, at least.
RouteWinnipeg to Vancouver

"unorganized, confused,"

Trip Verified | This airline is an absolute nightmare. I booked a return flight with the wrong date, and called to cancel. I was told that since I called to cancel within 24 hours that I would receive a full refund within 10-15 business days. I booked another return flight for the correct days, and there were no real issues with that flight. The in-flight food offerings aren't really appetizing at all, but the staff were friendly. The aircraft was not at all clean, and the seats and aircraft as a whole were showing their age and wear. A couple weeks later I booked one way flight with Flair. Due to some meetings being shuffled around, I called to inquire about changing the date. I was told the fee for changing the flight was as much as the flight itself cost. I also inquired about cancellation, but was told I would forfeit my payment and my seat on the flight. I told them I didn't wish to transfer or cancel. I showed up to the one way flight and at check-in I was told that my ticket had been cancelled. I was told I could purchase a ticket for that flight at almost twice what I had paid originally. I opted not to fly. I called customer service and was told I had asked to cancel it. They told me they would call me back after they reviewed the call. I called back a few hours later and had been told that it had been reviewed and that I had asked for it to be cancelled. I asked to speak to a supervisor, and they denied to let me speak to one. I asked to hear the recording (so that if I was wrong, I could leave it.) and was denied. I decided to look into the first flight, and saw it still hadn't been refunded. I called Flair again and was told it would not be refunded because the cancellation had been requested within 7 days of the date of the flight. I had booked the flight originally within 7 days, so that checks out. The issue here is that I did have cancellation insurance, but I did not file a claim since Flair said that they would be refunding me. Now I have to fight the agents because of the mistake that Flair made in telling me that they would be able to refund me. This airline is a mess. I wouldn't fly with them again under any circumstance, and I would advise others to avoid them as well. The customer service agents are unorganized, confused, and frankly very rude.
RouteToronto to Winnipeg

"experience was terrible"

Trip Verified | Edmonton to Winnipeg. My experience with Flair Airlines was terrible. They had delayed the flight going there and back by 2 hours and more. My baggage was lost for 7 days, I was staying in Winnipeg for 8 days and had received my luggage the day before my departure home. Horrible experience, I've learned to not fly with them. I also emailed Flair many times during my stay and called them over 10 times and I've either been told that they cannot assist me or I've received no reply. Once I had gone into the airport to directly resolve the problem, I was told that Flair does not have a baggage scanner, therefore, they are unaware where my baggage is. I am still struggling to get a reimbursement from Flair from all the items I've had to purchase as a result of no baggage. My ticket price was around $500 and was not cheap to begin with, you're better off going with West-Jet or Swoop for a much cheaper price with extremely incomparably better service.
RouteEdmonton to Winnipeg