Delta Air Lines

Delta Air Lines customer review

While the flight attendants on all the Delta flights were nice I've noticed the planes they use aren't the best of quality/maybe not well maintained and their customer service seems non-existent. On a flight I took recently from Moscow to NYC during both take off and landing the roof of the plane was leaking a lot of water (over passengers). If you were sitting in a window seat (like me) it seemed to leak quite a lot enough to get you wet. The leaking eventually stopped when the plane was higher up in the air. The flight attendants couldn't really do anything about it since it was an issue with the plane itself. I left bad feedback on the flight and filed a complaint and Delta never seems to respond. So next time I fly I will probably read more reviews on air carriers and try to pick one that's known for better service.

Delta Air Lines customer review

ATL-LAS December 2013. Main and pretty much only issue was legroom. In certain configurations of their 757-200 seats 2C/D are bulkhead seats where we were seated and legroom is severely restricted. Other than that it was a pretty average/decent experience. A snack basket containing the typical peanuts pretzels and chocolates was passed around twice. Flight attendants were courteous. The seat had a good amount of width and AC power outlets were available underneath. PTVs were also available with an excellent selection of holiday and other films. Since the flight departed around 9:30pm no complimentary dinner was served. All in all it was an OK flight just beware of the first class bulkhead seats on certain 757 configurations.

Delta Air Lines customer review

Flew on December 19 DEN-ATL-SRQ and return all flights were on time even with all the delays in the NE. One flight had PTV's on a 757 which was very nice other 3 flights on a md's nicely updated with power outlets in economy comfort which was very nice. Greeted nicely at each gate by name. All staff very professional and better than Delta or American without a doubt!

Delta Air Lines customer review

DL1954 on 12/30 and DL1910 on 1/1/14. Checking in with first class with Delta was nice because we got advanced security clearance. The rest was disappointing. I guess I am used to first class with American. Snacks offered were like sombody's left over Halloween treats. There was no music or entertainment offered.

Delta Air Lines customer review

Flew LHR-CUN (via ATL outbound and MSP return) in Business Elite. Pre-flight customer service (via Twitter) was excellent with the one or two queries we had. Check-in fast track security and lounge at LHR T4 very good - much better than BA at T5. Seats (flat beds) very good although foot area a little compact - we're 5'6 and 5'8 so taller travellers may be less happy. Pillow and duvet very comfortable. Food needs more investment - not terrible but not brilliant. In flight entertainment terrific but both our screens skipped and jumped on both legs (we were generously and quickly compensated for this post flight - excellent). Lack of lounge at CUN a bit disappointing on the return. We encountered many Delta staff on the journey - all are a cut above most airlines for the personal human touches. They genuinely engage. On board service excellent and friendly - on the outbound flight two crew (including the purser) came round with chocolates and thanked us for flying Delta they really sounded like they meant it. Will definitely fly Delta transatlantic again.

Delta Air Lines customer review

Flew from JFK to Las Vegas January 9-12. Check-in was very good even at 6am. I liked the bistro in the waiting area. The plane was clean and orderly. The only real disappointment was the food and drink selection offered with the flight a tablespoon of peanuts or a shy dozen of mini-pretzels. The real disappointment (inflight) was with the entertainment as in none. The screen was jumping (and audio) as if the VCR was old and the screens had rainbow colors to them as if the TV's were well past their prime. Ok no problem I'll listen the music channels nothing not one channel other than the one tied into the screen. I was told by the flight attendant that they no longer offer it. For $600+ a seat it should be a lot better especially since last year was a banner year for profits for the airlines. How sad. This is America's best? Hey Delta pay it forward and invest in your equipment.

Delta Air Lines customer review

Used Delta from JFK to Fort Lauderdale and have to say that the experience was far from first class. Before takeoff a lady got on in a dishevelled state and distributed bottled water after she had stowed her luggage in an overhead locker. It turned out she was an off duty stewardess helping out the on duty staff. During the flight drinks were served and a banana was thrown to the first class passengers by way of food. The only good thing to be said was that the flight was on time.

Delta Air Lines customer review

My husband and 1 year old daughter was flying today (01/11/2014) from Charlotte to Albany through Detroit. Their flight got delayed 1 hr due to some mechanical repairs. Then they missed their connecting flight to Albany due to that delay. They ended up waiting from 12 Noon to 8pm for their next flight to Albany. By 8pm their flight got cancelled and got a new schedule for tomorrow. With connecting flight from Detroit-Atlanta-Albany. I don't know what is going to happen tomorrow. This type of incident happens for us for the third time. Very bad service of flights.
Seat Comfort N/A
Cabin Staff Service N/A
Value For Money N/A

Delta Air Lines customer review

Flying round trip from Columbus OH to Las Vegas through Detroit. Jan 3-6 2014. Delta gate agents are rude and abrupt. They were late getting me to my connection in DTW due to computer problems during boarding at the gate in Columbus. I made it to the gate in DTW 12 min before departure but the agent had given away my seat and said sternly that it was to late and to go complain at gate A43. I did and they told me to call customer service. I did that and they said they cant do anything because I need to talk to a gate agent. They gave me the run around and really did not care. Flying home was more mechanical problems. I wound up having to sleep in DTW airport. No hotels available. When I boarded flight DL6121 the agent was slow. I fly for work and will no longer fly Delta. The ground crew and flight crew were all great and concerned for the safety of the passengers. The gate agents lack any general concern for customers safety comfort or well being.
Value For Money N/A

Delta Air Lines customer review

SIN-NRT-SIN. Economy. Delta may fail to meet expectation of many people who fly within the States but for international flight I find they do pretty well. The flight for both legs was on time and actually arrived 30 minutes earlier than scheduled. I love their B777-200LR. I understand that Delta is an American airline so the seat was designed for a typical Caucasian. Thus the seat appears bigger and gave me more than enough space for the size of a typical Asian without upgrading my ticket. Meals were nice with various choice of beverage. There were a lot of choices for IFE from movies to music. Flight attendants were quite nice and helpful. The only minus point probably is long process of check-in at Changi (my bags were checked 3 times before boarding) which I understand due to fear of terror on flights to the US. Overall it was still a good experience especially the first time with Delta. I would definitely fly with them again for my trip to the USA some time in the future.