Delta Air Lines

"Will not be recommending Delta"

Not Verified | First flight, was supposed to depart at 1. Didn’t leave the ground until 3:40ish. Was supposed to be a two hour flight, we didn't land until 7:40 and weren’t allowed off the plane until 8. Our second flight was scheduled for 9:20 (after a delay thankfully). We thought because of the delay we would make the plane but it got pushed back to 12am and then cancelled. We were reschedule for a flight the next day but that got cancelled as well without any notification. Thankfully we were watching the app. We went to the flight rescheduling stand and they were pretty difficult to work with. We decided to try driving home but all the rental car were taken. We ended up having to take uhauls home instead. Will not be recommending Delta or for people to fly through JFK.
RouteOrlando to New York JFK
Date FlownMay 2022

"Unremarkable in every way"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Panama City to New York. Unremarkable in every possible way. No lounge access at PTY, no priority security, rude on the ground staff at PTY, old equipment with circa 1990s IFE. Simply can't imagine why anyone would actually pay for this (yes I did). This wasn't a first-class experience, not even a second class experience, very much a third class experience. Don't really understand why people think Delta is so great. As a OneWorld Elite, I won't be returning to Delta anytime soon.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RoutePanama City to New York
Date FlownMay 2022

"a joke even if you get at dirt cheap miles"

Trip Verified | Traveled to Paris in May 2022 was holding economy tickets till I got Delta premium select R via miles dirt cheap. DTW to CDG on the A350 the service was okay. At the start the Delta one person in charge came over and told us the crew for the area will take good care of us. Seemed a lie because when the service started it was the same crew for us as for economy class. The meals are served on a plastic purple plate in foil tins. Meals nothing great but tasted fine. Breakfast was served 1hr prior to landing in CDG. Not sure why Delta wouldn't carter a McDonalds original egg muffin with sausage as it is much better and probably cheaper. Not worth in Premium R to Europe nothing is different but getting Sky Priority, and headset and the amenity kit. Delta would have to add lounge access to make it worth while. It seems only the routes to Korea get good food in proper plates. plus service. On the return from CDG to SLC was on a A330-900 Neo. The food was horrid, and one cannot imagine why Delta would cater such food out of Paris. Considering they cater sandwiches for the snack available at anytime which were much better plus the hot cookie. Instead of complaining about Emirates and Qatar Airways focus on the food services and dedicated service in Premium R to compete with them. Premium R should have dedicated crew that is not working economy class and seats that recline more maybe to 175D. Till Delta fixes those issue then Premium R is a joke even if you get at dirt cheap miles.
AircraftA350 / A330-900NEO
RouteParis to Dallas via Salt Lake City
Date FlownMay 2022

"the most horrific experience I have ever had with an airline"

Not Verified | This has been the most horrific experience I have ever had with an airline. Losing lots of money, getting no sleep, ruining my vacation. No one at Delta will do anything to compensate for the extraordinary damage they are presently wreaking on my family.
RouteDenver to Pittsburgh
Date FlownMay 2022

"completely ruining our trip"

Not Verified | There's no accountability at all with airlines. They cancelled our flight to Idaho falls after some error with the plane, (it's a 45 minute flight). Then already filled the other planes going to Idaho falls on other airlines and the next one to leave isn't until 2:45. They gave us some tiny biscuits and waters but now I'm forced to go pay my life savings away for some terrible airport food. No compensation, no meals, no nothing. There should be something returned to the customer. It's completely ruining our trip and now I'm missing all my classes and day off work. All because we couldn't complete a tiny 45 minute flight.
RouteSalt Lake City to Idaho Falls
Date FlownMay 2022

"completely ruined our honeymoon"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Worst experience ever for the first time after travelling with many other companies. The flight was cancelled and the company did not notify us either the travel agency. Even after being at fault they made us wait for hours just to give us one only option, which made us lose an entire day of our honeymoon! Delta manager requested us to answer some questions, but when we asked him some questions he never replied, always giving us the same sentence. He said we had to speak with Delta and not with him, when he was the manager in charge of Delta. We were being ignored and they made fun of us from 11am until 2pm. I have never being treated so awfully in my life! They completely ruined our honeymoon.
RouteNew York to Santo Domingo

"worst flying experience"

Trip Verified | New York to Indianapolis. This was literally the worst flying experience I have ever had in my life and I’ve been flying since I was two years old. First off they cancelled my flight without giving me any type of notification at all. I just arrived at the airport and the ticketing agent is the one who informed me as I was trying to check in. I also prepaid to check a bag that the ticketing counter told me I’d be better off not checking in because of all the changes they were having. So I paid $30 for a bag that didn’t even get checked in. So I tried to see if there were any flights that would be arriving to Indy earlier because even though I work I am also a mother to 6 year old daughter who was expecting me to be home early afternoon who I would be disappointing immensely because of this to which I was informed that there were no flights and I would just have to endure the long day. After enduring the additional 8 hours at the airport it’s finally time to check in and get on the plane. As I’m going through I am literally forced to check my bag in due to “lack of space” on the flight. So the bag I spent $30 to check that I was told to not check because of all the changes I’m given no choice to check in. I was almost in tears at this time because I was expected in hours ago and it seems that regardless of what I want Delta and their employees plus care less. It is very evident that Delta doesn’t give the slightest iota for the people who fly for them. I will literally never fly with this company again it was the only part of my entire trip and I regret using Delta rather than my normal airline. Lesson learned on Delta flights your just a number not human being.
RouteNew York to Indianapolis
Date FlownMay 2022

"should be more time between connecting flights"

Not Verified | I am 80 years old, I am able to walk, but have trouble walking long distances especially when I have to walk fast. I like flying with Delta because I like the airport in Elmira, which is 2 hours from home. My problem was coming back from Las Vegas. The plane left on time, no problem. When we got to Detroit, we were a little early, not much, but we were early. We were not able to get to our gate because something was parked in our way. It was announced that we had to wait for someone to move the vehicle before we could deplane. I was going to ask the stewardess for a seat closer to the front of the plan when I got on, because I only had about 45 minutes to get to my connecting flight to Elmira, NY. I noticed the plane was full so I didn't bother to ask. We waited approximately 10 minutes before the plane could get in its spot for passengers to deplane. According to my ticket I had approximately 45 minutes to get to my new gate for Elmira, NY. Now 10 more minutes had passed, so now I had 35 minutes to get there. Of course I was towards the back of the plan so that was about another 10 to 15 minutes. My daughter had requested a wheelchair assistance for me because I have trouble walking long distances. It was on my ticket for Service request: Wheelchair requested. When I finally got off the plane there was no wheelchair for me. There was another lady there in a wheelchair. I told the lady behind the desk I requested the wheelchair and she said just have a seat that one would be coming. I told her that I had to catch another flight in about 20 minutes and she asked me what time the flight was. I told her and she said " Oh they are probably gone by now." I asked her if she could call the gate that I was suppose to go to and she said just have a seat. I was anxious and I said I need to get to my gate. She said to me " Don't yell at me". I said I wasn't yelling and that I was concerned about making my flight. About that time a young attendant showed up with a wheelchair but he was assigned to another lady. I said could you please take me to my gate so that I don't miss my flight. He said he was only assigned to the other lady. He saw that I was upset and he said " OK I will take you too. She we left gate A72 or gate A76 ( I am not sure) and my new gate was B2. When we got down to the tunnel for B he told his supervisor that I had to make a connecting flight to B2 and then the supervisor said it was okay for him to take me. This young boy was a little miracle for me and when we got to Gate B2 the plane was already loaded and I don't know if anyone called them to say that I was coming or not, but they greeting me very friendly. I got to my seat and minutes later we were in the air. I will fly again with Delta, but I feel there should be more time between connecting flights because of the distance between gates, especially if person has to get to a distant gate from where they landed. I still have my tickets if the Airline wants to contact me to verify what I have stated.
RouteLas Vegas to Elmira
Date FlownApril 2022

"customer service is not helpful at all"

Trip Verified | Unfortunately Delta customer service is not helpful at all. I changed my flight to another time and requested seats. The person over the phone told me we have seats 21 A and B. When I arrived to the airport there was no seats assigned. Nobody at the airport cared or took responsibility.
RouteLas Vegas to New York JFK
Date FlownMay 2022

"Agents were rude and not really helpful"

Not Verified | Horrible experience. Had us on the plane for three hours, then returned to the gate we were told we would be put on a new plane. Sent us to a new gate, and after 20 to 30 minutes the agent came out and said that the flight was cancelled until tomorrow morning at 8 am. Agents were rude and not really helpful.
RouteNew York to Salt Lake City