Delta Air Lines

"second rate as other airlines"

Not Verified | Minneapolis to Salt Lake City. I have been flying with Delta for my whole life. 40+ years of flights and all over the world. But I'm starting to notice that their service is becoming as second rate as other airlines. I was recently flying home on Christmas Eve and was so early to the gate that me and my colleague decided to grab a quick bite very close by. As we sat there and eventually watched other passengers board, we finished our meal and headed back over to the gate. When we got there they informed us they had given our seats away. No intercom, no warning, nothing -- just oversold and a whole bunch of people trying to get to their families in time for Christmas. So they bumped us. The next two flights were also oversold and so we had to buy two new tickets to get home late that night. It took us 9 extra hours to get home and had to fly through Seattle instead of on the direct flight we had seats for. We got to SLC late and many passengers were trying to get to connecting flights. One woman, in particular, had a young sleepy girl and was carrying large bags. She had only a few minutes to get to her gate and was going to miss her flight. We picked up her bags and sprinted no less than a half mile to the other terminal and caught them as they were closing the doors. We told her a woman was coming with her baby and to please hold the flight. It was an honor to get this poor woman and her child on her flight and we saved Delta from her missing her plane on Christmas Eve. That would have been 100% their fault. Now - I just spent 2 hours on the phone hoping Delta would show us a courtsey of some kind of credit for having to spend an extra $750 on new tickets to get home. Their customer service talked over me, did not employ good English, was disrespectful and told me it was all my fault. Even if that's true - why would you not do all you can to save a customer or to take care of a customer who has been so loyal? Why be just like so many other airlines? Delta has become too big and is losing what made them special. I can't believe I'm saying this - but I will choose them last from here on out. So truly disappointing.
RouteMSP to SLC
Date FlownDecember 2019

"Will never fly Delta again"

Trip Verified | New York to Baltimore. Put my bags on a different flight and had to mail them to me next day. No forewarning, had to find out once i got to Baltimore. No compensation for my troubles. Needed my medication that was in my bag that I was unable to take do to their mistake. Will never fly Delta again.
RouteNew York to Baltimore
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"a good experience"

Trip Verified | London Heathrow to Boston with Delta Air Lines. Pleasantly surprised by this overall experience after hearing so many bad reviews. Ground experience at LHR T3 was ok, check in was pretty smooth, and security typically ok but not amazing. Boarding relatively efficient and uneventful. The seat was ok - not too cramped by comparison to other carriers. IFE was good and had a good amount of content, and a good size screen. The main meal service was surprisingly good and tasted really fresh for an economy service. the quantity of food was also good. The pizza snack before landing was ok but not as good as the main meal service.The crew were good, curteous and professional, although overall I think they could have checked on us a bit more often. They seemed to get the main meal service done and then disappeared for hours without appearing at all. Overall a good experience which I would recommend.
AircraftA330-200
RouteLondon Heathrow to Boston
Date FlownJune 2019

"fly another airline"

Trip Verified | Orlando to Nashville. As a Diamond-Medallion, Million-Miler Delta customer, I expect to receive good service. I don’t. I recently purchased a first-class return ticket from Orlando (MCO) to Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport (XNA). Before my return flight, I suffered hours of delays until they finally cancelled the flight late that night. They offered no vouchers for food or hotel. Although I had paid for first class, the next day I flew home in a back seat by the families and bathrooms. This treatment is par for the course for Delta. I’m used to it. But what frosted my cake was, just this weekend, I signed into Delta to choose my Diamond benefit certificates. They were all closed out. Turns out I was one day late! I wrote Delta, explaining that I had missed their guideline by a day, that it was my fault, and could they help me? I quickly received this curt one-line reply: “Unfortunately, once these expire or are used, these certificates cannot be reopened.” If this is how they treat their very best customers, how do you think they’ll treat you? I suggest you fly another airline. I know I will.
Aircraft?
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteOrlando to Nashville
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"1st flight with Delta and my last"

Trip Verified | Santa Ana to Providence. Flight DL2454, delay by 1 hour and 5 minutes. Due to this, missed my connecting flight in Atlanta. Got to the gate they had closed the door but the plane was still there. If they were waiting for us, as they said,they would have let us in and they didn't. Instead gave us a ticket for the next flight out at 9:24pm. I talked to a Delta rep at another gate and asked him to send me out on an earlier flight. Told me I had to buy a new ticket. Finally found the delta services desk, they gave me a new ticket for the next flight to Boston. Here, I was told they had no time to collect my luggage. Fine, sending to PVD. All these while making calls and rearranging my transportation. All of these took me 1 hour and 40 minutes. Running from one end to another at this Atlanta airport. My luggage did make it on my flight to BOS and they had to send it to PVD. Here I seat waiting at T F Green for a Delta rep to come and give me my luggage as there is no one around. I've been here for 30 minutes and nothing. This was my 1st flight with Delta and my last!
RouteSanta Ana to Providence
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"One of the best business class"

(Slovenia)

Not Verified | New York JFK to Amsterdam. One of the best business class I've flown in my last 3 years. The crew was very kind and friendly. I was flying with Delta many times but never with such a good crew. Seat was clean and spacious with good entertainment. Good choice of food, appetizer was amazing and fresh. I expected a little bit more choice of vines but it was still ok. And the best thing is of course the wifi. I did not expect that very fast on the messenger and instagram. The only minus about this trip was Delta business class lounge. I don't recommend it, the food is cold almost everything is for pay and plates are from paper. In my opinion those cannot be served in business class lounge in such a large airline like delta.
AircraftBoeing 767-300ER
RouteNew York JFK to Amsterdam
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"gave me a $600 gift card"

Not Verified | Seattle to Greensboro. Delta is amazing! 10/10. I was given the option to take another flight because mine had been overbooked and they gave me a $600 gift card. That was more than I spent on my plane ticket in the first place. Even though I had to be delayed two hours, it was totally worth it.
RouteSeattle to Greensboro
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"I will never fly with Delta again"

Trip Verified | Atlanta to Manila via Narita. My second leg flight was canceled as we were landing in Narita, with no explanation. Some passengers were given seats on another flight to Manila immediately. Most of us were told we’d have to stay in Japan for a day or two. None of the Delta employees knew what to do, they just kept pushing us out of the airport. Immigration was puzzled too. They gave us two meal vouchers for a restaurant in the hotel. The times were very restrictive. After I checked in I took a nap and when I woke up my voucher had expired. Delta sucks. When I arrived in the morning to check in the Delta counter was closed. I will never fly with Delta again.
RouteAtlanta to Manila via Narita

"Poor customer care"

Trip Verified | Appleton to Detroit. We had to take a later flight due to mechanical issues. This caused us to arrive Fort Meyers at 9:00 pm instead of 5:30 pm. Totally blew our evening plans. All Delta said they could do was give us 2500 points (which will buy you a cup of coffee on a flight you a pay $400 for). I called customer care and they added another 1000 points (I can now enjoy some cookies with my coffee). No longer are they my airline of choice. I would have at a minimum expected two $400 vouchers. Poor customer care.
AircraftCrj900
RouteAppleton to Detroit
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"a new level of service"

Trip Verified | New York to Zurich. Delta has introduced a new level of service in the main cabin on its long-haul flights and it enhanced the travel. We enjoyed having a cocktail after take-off, warm towels, menu selections, and better blankets and pillows. From boarding to arrival, Delta delivered.
RouteNew York to Zurich