Delta Air Lines

"the temperature set too low"

Trip Verified | Seattle to New York. The red eye flight was late, full, and the captain apologized that the WiFi was not working. Just as well as I slept most of the time. One really annoying thing in the cabin was that the temperature set too low and even though I had a blanket I was cold. Normally, I tend to get hot on a plane and it was one of the few times I got cold. Fortunately, I had a sweater for this kind of situations and I got to sleep without freezing. The plane landed on time. I cannot comment on IFE or food as i did not get to view and eat them respectively. I think I do remember is that the flight attendants were ok, not being rude or disinterested. Based on some of the other reviews I am thinking the crew was a more professional than normal. But, then this is the first time flying on Delta.
RouteSeattle to New York
Date FlownAugust 2019

"experience was better than I expected"

Trip Verified | New York to Seattle. Lining up to get checked in at one of the economy counters, the Delta worker told us to go to the premium check-in counters on the other side which had far fewer people. The lady at the counter processed us quickly and we were making our way to the security line. So, that was a good start to our journey back to Seattle. The flight left on time and as it departed late afternoon, I got to eat a meal on Delta and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. It was average quality airline food. The IFE was reasonable for a domestic route. The typical reviews I read of US-based airlines mention how terrible the flight attendants are. However, the flight crew on this flight was professional and courteous. So, I thought I was fortunate to get a good crew. Upon reading little more on the US based airlines, it seems Delta has a better operation and more motivated workforce than American or United. Well, I hope they keep improving as all of them have a long way to go to compete effectively with many of the Middle Eastern and Asian airlines. If it wasn't for the US government protecting the domestic market for these carriers from their overseas competitors, they would have stopped operating long time before they went through their multi-year bankruptcy. Sorry, I am digressing from the flight experience. Overall, I enjoyed the flight back to Seattle and the experience was better than I expected. So, I was content that it was uneventful, landed on time, and I didn't lose my luggage.
RouteNew York to Seattle
Date FlownAugust 2019

"extremely slow, uncooperative, and rude"

Trip Verified | Just thought I'd share my frustrating experience. I was on my way to an important out of state interview and I had a very narrow time gap to shoot, so I thought I'd choose Delta to be safe because I was under the impression they were more reliable. There was a lay over in LAX. We landed on time but proceeded to sit for an hour and a half on the runway due to construction. We sat there so long that our connecting flight left without us. There were at least 5 other passengers on the flight scheduled for the same connecting flight to Columbus. By the time we got off the plane we had 20 min to get across the airport to make our flight. We told all the Delta employees on our flight and at the arrival gate to communicate to the other gate that we were coming. One other passenger even called in to Delta. We got there 5 min before the actual departure time, and they hadn’t held the plane. They left without all of us! The departing gate employees claimed they never received any kind of info from the other gate. Finally we were forced to get rebooked for another flight, the service desk ladies were extremely slow, uncooperative, and rude. The soonest Delta could get us to our destination was 6 hours after our initial scheduled arrival. The service was terrible. No one was helpful. No vouchers were offered or any kind of effort to make things better. We almost missed the back up plan flights because they took so long to get our flights changed.
RouteSalt Lake City to Columbus via Los Angeles
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"Not for Business travel"

Trip Verified | Salt Lake City to Toronto. Not for Business travel. I booked First Class tickets expecting to use their lounge at the airport when I arrived early to get some work done in a quiet environment. Access is reserved for trans continental flights only, no Domestic or Canada/USA access, but if you have an USA based American Express card you can have access. As a Canadian I cannot have a USA based American Express card so It is not possible to ever have access to their lounges for USA/Canada travel. Won’t be using Delta again, they do not cater to the business traveller.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteSalt Lake City to Toronto
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"under the age of 10 should be sat with parents"

Trip Verified | Montego Bay to Indianapolis via Atlanta. After running from an international gate to a domestic flight, we arrived with minutes to spare to board our flight home. Children under the age of 10 should be sat with parents. Passengers should not have to negotiate and beg other rude passengers to switch seats with them. After spending $800+ on international travel I shouldn’t also have to do the job of a flight attendant just to sit next to my 7 and 8 year olds. Done with Delta.
RouteMontego Bay to Indianapolis via Atlanta
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"very friendly and professional"

Not Verified | Yesterday I had the pleasure of flying on Delta Flight # 1104 from Atlanta, GA back home to Key West, FL. Unfortunately I didn't think to get names but the crew, Captain and attendants were awesome. I was particularly impressed by the fact they all smiled throughout the flight. They were very friendly and professional.
RouteAtlanta to Key West
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"such a good economy trip"

Not Verified | Amsterdam to New Orleans via Detroit. Flight DL0133 September 22nd. Traveling for business. Top flight. Crew happy and friendly and attentive. Used humour and asked about special birthdays and anniversaries : nice touch. Aircraft clean and comfortable. Even Economy was good legroom and tv and USB port Turbulent trip but good and continuous outline by captain and crew. Meal was really good. Has been a long time since I had such a good economy trip. Will definitely use Delta again! Thanks to the crew.
RouteAmsterdam to New Orleans via Detroit
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"haven't come across such rudeness"

Trip Verified | During my flight from Detroit to Greensboro the flight attendant asked if an Asian married couple (sitting in front of me) could perform the duties of someone sitting at the exit window. The man said yes but his wife had broken English so the flight attendant asked again attempting to engage her in a conversation. Where was she going she asked the wife when the husband answered for his wife the attendant said rudely "I wasn't talking to you I was talking to her". I was shocked, intimidated and embarrassed for this Couple by her response. I still feel furious of how the couple was treated. I fly a lot to Greensboro and other places and haven't come across such rudeness by any of the airlines.
RouteDetroit to Greensboro
Date FlownMarch 2019

"quite satisfied with Delta"

Trip Verified | Sacramento to Denver via Seattle. I was quite satisfied with Delta, especially during my return trip. Even though I flew the Basic Economy, they put me in decent seats. The seats were not the most comfortable, but the legroom wasn’t terrible. The onboard entertainment was wonderful with a decent variety of shows and movies. Both ground service and flight attendants were all friendly. The SEA to DEN flight did the standard drink service, but also came around two additional times: one for coffee and one for water. Overall, I was satisfied with their service and amenities. I will consider Delta for future trips.
RouteSacramento to Denver via Seattle
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"These flights were all great"

Trip Verified | This review applies to three flights Honolulu Los Angeles on a Boeing 767. Los Angeles to Boston round trip Delta One Boeing 757. All 3 experiences were great. Honolulu LA was an internationally configured 767 so the seat was amazing The food was perfectly good above average domestic first class. LA to Boston round trip was an internationally configured 757 with Delta One service. While the layout on the 767 allowed for me to sit alone, the food etc was not quite as good as the Delta One flights. The Delta One 757 offered very comfortable 2x2 seating with upgraded service such as amenity kits..etc. On all flights the attendants were friendly and terrific, the entertainment plentiful and the experiences were all excellent. Delta One is a gigantic step up from Delta first domestic which can feel very cramped. These flights were all great.
AircraftBoeing 767 / 757