Delta Air Lines

"would not guarantee an empty seat"

Trip Verified | Delta would not guarantee an empty seat beside me when I first booked first class. So I changed to a comfort seat with the middle row left empty. But the three other people in the same row had no masks. I asked the steward to get me a different seat but she said there is nothing she could do. Then the man who sat on the aisle closest to my window seat said he would wear a mask for me. Conclusion is that Delta emails you ahead of time stating they require masks. They reiterate this at the gate. They even offer masks if you don't have one. But a few people just refuse and can put an older woman with asthma, like me, at risk. If they are not asked to leave, as Delta says they will do, this will continue. In addition, Delta does not show all the selected seats on the seating selection chart, which misleads one regarding the number of people in your cabin. Imagine my shock when I was assured by the booking agent that the next two seats would be empty when only the middle seat was and the other three seats were filled with people without a mask.
RouteFort Myers to Minneapolis/St Paul
Date FlownMay 2020

"This is bait and switch"

Trip Verified | I am an American in China. I phoned Delta 800 221 1212...on hold for 1 hour and 41 minutes. Made reservation to fly home...DL 6431 connecting to DL 186. Quoted price was $557.00 for a one way ticket. I wanted to talk to the skymiles guys to see if I could upgrade to Comfort + using my points. The reservation agent said she would give me until 11 pm the next day to pay for the ticket and would switch me to the skymiles guy and I could either pay for the ticket with my credit card while talking to him and find out if I could use my points to upgrade at the same time. Transferred me, spent another hour on hold, finally got a guy and in the middle of our conversation we got cut off. Got a confirmation email from Delta, but when I tried to pay for the ticket online it could not find the reservation. Called Delta again, again on hold for well over an hour. When I did get through I was told that the ticket price was no longer what I was quoted but had increased to $811.00. I was well within the grace period for purchasing the ticket. I was not told by the first agent that the price was subject to an increase. Talked to a supervisor who said there was nothing he could do, so I paid the difference. This is bait and switch.
RouteDalian to Atlanta via Shanghai
Date FlownMay 2020

"incredibly rude and condescending"

Not Verified | My business conference in Washington DC was canceled due to COVID-19 concerns. I spoke with a Delta customer service representative on 5 March 2020 and requested a full refund. The customer service representative consulted with a supervisor and agreed to give me a full refund without penalties as this was a COVID-19 related situation. As of 4/28/20 I have not received a refund. After spending much time in a call queue, a representative informed me that a refund would not be coming and I would only receive a voucher with time limitations, despite being told that I would receive a full refund in March. I was then transferred to another customer service representative who would only repeat the same lines over and over again. The representative refused to provide me with a transcript of my previous call, refused to transfer me to another person to provide assistance, and was incredibly rude and condescending. He would not send me anything in writing, stating a policy that he couldn’t provide me with either. The representative acknowledged that I was told to expect a refund and then told me that I would never get a refund and that no one in Delta could help me. He then hung up on me after I again asked to speak with someone who could help me. Delta is refusing to honor a refund that was already promised by a Delta employee who was authorized to promise a refund. Delta's customer service is extremely offensive. It is very clear that their only role is to stonewall customers in hopes that they give up and go away. I will continue to lobby for my refund because a: it was promised to me and b: I will never willingly fly with Delta again and so a voucher is useless to me.
RouteSalt Lake City to Washington DC

"Refused to refund"

Not Verified | Refused to refund my refundable flight. I paid extra to be able to refund my flight in case it got canceled, yet they would not refund the flight even when I paid for it to be refundable.
Date FlownDecember 2019

"cabin crew is so nice"

Not Verified | New York to Nashville. I flew with Delta a lot of times and I loved it. The cabin crew is so nice, the food is amazing, the seats are comfortable, it's amazing! I fly Delta airlines two times every summer so I can go to Tennessee. The cabin crew are very nice including the pilots. Overall I love Delta airlines.
RouteNew York to Nashville
Date FlownJune 2019

"changed 4 times in 24 hours"

Trip Verified | Atlanta to Minneapolis. They cancel and change more flights than any airline I have been on. And then all they can offer is excuses or reschedule you to a inconvenient time. They have absolutely no care for the customer. My stuff was changed 4 times in 24 hours due to grounding planes.
RouteAtlanta to Minneapolis
Date FlownApril 2020

"Thank you guys"

Not Verified | For the past couple of months we have been experiencing much turmoil and a lot of the times people tend to highlight the bad more than we do the good. I wanted to take this time to highlight the good. On March 13th I was in Miami and the corona-virus was becoming a huge issue and my mom thought it would be a good idea that I flew home and I too thought it would be a good idea so I proceeded to book my flight to leave the following morning. When I booked the flight I thought I put insurance on the ticket turns out I did not. The next morning came and unfortunately I missed my flight I was a bit upset but not surprised because I honestly was not prepared. Knowing that I had not put insurance on the ticket I was upset that I would now be out of $130. With everything going on, money no matter the amount, is very much needed for rainy days but I knew that my own irresponsibility had put me in this position so I just let the situation go. So fast forward to today, March 31st, I had got paid and when I went to go check my account there was an extra $130 in my account. Of course at this point I had forgotten all about the ticket and I had already knew I didn't buy the ticket insurance so I was not at all expecting any type of refund. So I went in my payment history to see where the money had come from and sure enough it said "Delta Airlines". That's the difference between a good company and a GREAT company. I just wanted to say I truly appreciate the Delta community because they did not at all have to do that, but they did! And as I stated before people tend to shed light on all of the bad things before they sit and appreciate the good and that honestly made my day! Thank you guys for all that you do.
RouteMiami to Atlanta
Date FlownMarch 2020

"don't like their baggage policies"

Not Verified | Tucson to Los Angeles. It's very simple. During the Coronavirus pandemic, Delta should be lucky anybody is flying their airline. I was perturbed when told that although we were on an 80% empty plane, they were still following rules of one carry one and one personal item. The overhead bins are empty. I want to bring an extra suitcase without checking it for more grubby hands to be touching my stuff. But no, Delta badly wants to touch your bags and collect an extra fee. Southwest didn't give me grief for this issue so I'm only flying Southwest. Plane is more comfortable than Southwest's crammed seats but in this pandemic I don't like their baggage policies. People are so simple-minded in a crisis.
RouteTucson to Los Angeles
Date FlownMarch 2020

"This airline is a total rip off"

Trip Verified | Cartagena to Toronto via Atlanta. This is premium economy at best. We had zero service Atlanta to Toronto. No television no anything the water was undrinkable due to the uncleanliness and age of plane. Delta charged us for first class yet it was barely premium. Wouldn’t allow us into the lounge! Not good enough tickets? How much more do you have to spend ? This airline is a total rip off using planes they shouldn’t. Isn’t it fraud when selling something that it isn’t? I’m going to look into this.
RouteCartagena to Toronto via Atlanta
Date FlownMarch 2020

"give you all the proper thanks"

Trip Verified | Minneapolis to Detroit. I want to give a huge thank you to every one of the people involved in the flight Minneapolis to Detroit counter. It was a very sad day for my exchange student Julia and I having to say goodbye 2 months early because of the COVID-19 virus. Each and everyone of them know who we were, as they all did their part to help us out. Thank you,! I will never forget each and every one of your faces, and I regret not getting your names to give you all the proper thanks!
RouteMinneapolis to Detroit