Delta Air Lines

"disappointed in Delta"

Trip Verified | Manchester to Birmingham via Atlanta. I arrived early in Atlanta from an 8 hour flight from the UK. I was scheduled for a 6pm flight home, but there was another flight at 4. I went to the ticket counter and asked about the earlier flight and was told I could get on it. They re-tagged my bags and I happily went through security and to my gate. When I arrived home, my bags didn't make it. I went to the Delta baggage office, and the clerk simply stated they were checked in late, they would be on the next flight and I could come back and get them. No apologies no nothing. I am most upset that the agent in Atlanta didn't say anything to me about it being late. Had I known I would have waited for my original flight. I am a Diamond member, and they can care less. Very disappointed in Delta.
RouteManchester to Birmingham via Atlanta
Date FlownOctober 2018

"leave on an earlier flight"

Not Verified | Lansing to SFO via Detroit. I was able to leave on an earlier flight and they had seats available but wanted to charge me the current ticket price of several hundred dollars more. Knowing they had seats and they could make a change with a few keystrokes I asked they make the change. Eventually they offered to do it for $200. $200 for what - I’m taking an empty seat.
RouteLansing to SFO via Detroit
Date FlownOctober 2018

"had to give up our seats"

Trip Verified | New Orleans to Atlanta. I was flying standby and my flight was originally supposed to be at 1154am. I was bumped off of 6 flights because of availability. It was time for the last flight out and I was very nervous. They called my name to board the plane and I was very relieved. I got settled on the plane and started reading my book. All of a sudden the flight attendant called my name and another gentleman’s name. Right before the plane was getting ready to take off they told both of us that we had to give up our seats. This was one of the most degrading experiences of my life! The supervisor made us get off the plane and give up our seats. The other person working for the airline told me she wasn’t supposed to do that because the people didn’t arrive until the plane was about to leave. This was the same supervisor that told me to board the plane. The supervisor showed no remorse whatsoever. I'd been at the airport since 930 am and now I’m going to miss work and not be able to get home to my pets! One of the delta employees that was working one of the flights I was bumped off earlier told me that the airport had an agreement with the local hotels for discounted rates for people that were displaced because of issues with flights. The supervisor told me that she was the only person I could speak with about my issue. She also didn’t mention the discounted hotel rates until I brought it up and the rates she told me were twice the amount of what the previous employee said. I understand that you aren’t guaranteed a seat flying standby but they shouldn’t treat people like they’re inferior. I also understand that people make mistakes but good companies do their best to rectify them. The supervisor I dealt with did the least she could to help me with this situation. I don’t recommend that anyone else uses Delta
RouteNew Orleans to Atlanta
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"there is no sign of the bag"

(South Africa)

Trip Verified | Las Vegas to New York JFK . Most pathetic experience ever. My carry on bag was taken from my possession on board the flight as the overhead compartments were full. One of the hostesses came to our aid who promised to tag my bag and send it to the checked in baggage on the aircraft, of which I left total faith in the integrity of the staff. She apparently tagged my bag according to my seat number, and no receipt of this was given to me. When i disembarked the flight, while awaiting the baggage there is no sign of the bag. No one from Delta can give me any answers. It seems to be 'lost' or so im told. I have made numerous calls to the agents and i keep being told they are searching for the bag as there are many bags from Delta which are untagged. I am currently miles away from home on a holiday which i saved up for a long time, the agents tell me to go ahead and purchase whatever needs to be replaced from the bag, then i am told it will take 4 weeks for the claim to be processed and there is no guarantee it will be fully reimbursed!
RouteLas Vegas to New York JFK
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"no food vouchers, no hotel"

Not Verified | Washington to Lexington. After delaying the flight by 5+ hours, the flight is cancelled after midnight and I am rebooked on a 6am flight. No blankets, no food vouchers, no hotel, no nothing. Turns out the 6am flight is over booked and I have no seat assignment.
RouteWashington to Lexington
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"never fly this airline again"

Trip Verified | Charleston to Atlanta. I had a round trip with one lay over each way. I flew from SLC to LAX just fine, but when I flew from LAX to Orlando, I sat on the plane waiting for takeoff because there seemed to be issues with the plane. It ended up taking 2 hrs before we were able to take off, which is fine I understand things happen, and I’m glad it got taken care of (not to mention it pushed back all my plans and was very inconvenient.) Now, I’m heading back home and am making arrangements to get picked up, etc when I hear on the intercom that we can’t depart because there are more issues and it’s going to at least take an hour? Does this happen often? I’ve flown many times with other airlines, and have never experienced this, let alone back to back. I will never fly with this airline again.
RouteCharleston to Atlanta
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"efficiency at its lowest"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to Los Angeles. This is the worst nightmare. I do consider not flying delta again. First the system was down and the fly delay 40 mins at the gate. Then when we started boarding the gate attendant insisted that I tucked my 2inch x 4inch clutch inside my bag because it is the third bag. Then we proceed on to the plane and noticed that due to runway conflict we are now going to wait for another 40mins inside the airplane. Or at least that is the minimum estimate of wait wait time. This is worst efficiency at its lowest.
RouteSan Francisco to Los Angeles
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"Terrible 4.5 hr experience"

Not Verified | Detroit to Portland. My new boyfriend and i booked oir first trip together a month and a half ago, tickets booked at the same time, in one transaction, and of course we asked and assumed we would be seated together. There were plenty of open seats at the time, and when we got on the plane we were seperated, different rows and different sides, among a bunch of passengers flying solo that insisted on staying put, for no damn reason. Got our trip off to a lousy start, for absolutely no reason, such a basic thing, they scammed us, and it was completely unnecessary. I will never, never fly this hack airline again, and I recommend that you dont either, they clearly have no concern for their customers comfort or satisfaction. Terrible 4.5 hr experience.
RouteDetroit to Portland

"Terribly slow service"

Not Verified | Dayton to Eugene. Flight was delayed no reason given. Missed connections to Eugene. Waited in line for 45 minutes to change connection. Arrived late in Eugene bag not there. Had to find an agent and another long wait. Luggage didn't arrive until 3am at the hotel. Room phone rings 3am and tell them I will get it in a few hours, ugh. Return flight same thing delay and miss connecting flight, puts me back in Dayton 11pm. Only question now is will luggage show up. Terribly slow service, delayed flights - try a different airline. Nothing offered for poor service, late flights and no luggage.
RouteDayton to Eugene
Date FlownSeptember 2018

"demanding money from older lady"

Trip Verified | Lagos to Washington via Atlanta. My 83 yrs old mother was on this airline that was later reported rescheduled after I called delta airline customer service that lasted about 20 minutes. This is a terrible experience for all involved, firstly my mother is wheel chair assisted and does not speak english she was just sitting in Atlanta on a wheel chair on a spot not knowing what a heck was going on. I was waiting at Washington Dulles airport not knowing what was going on until i called the customer service and found out that the particular flight has been rescheduled without been warned. Not only that the man that was assigned to wheel mother at the Atlanta airport was actually demanding money from older lady just coming from Nigeria without local currency. This whole experience was appalling and very terrible.I really wish no other person have to go through this sort of experience.
RouteLagos to Washington via Atlanta