Delta Air Lines

"wouldn’t fly with them again"

Trip Verified | I just sat in St. Croix airport a airport with lack of accommodations to say the least I say there from 1 in the afternoon to 11 o’clock at night because delta was late at about 10 o’clock they informed us that we had to make a stop in Miami to drop a crew member off. Upon arrival in Miami we then sat there for a hr and a half to move baggage around I won’t make it to my destination till tomorrow. They told me that I would get a voucher for a hotel upon arrival in Atlanta and I never received anything nor did they act like anything wasn’t wrong with that. I wouldn’t fly with them again unless it was a emergency !
RouteSt Croix to Atlanta
Date FlownAugust 2020

"don't fly with Delta"

Not Verified | If you want to fly on time, don't fly with Delta. They have 25 flights leaving around the same time and open 3 booths to drop your luggage. They also randomly chose to let passenger to a NYC flight go before everyone else, even if our flight was at the same time. Because they are so slow, passengers missed their flights so they had to book another flight again which made the waiting time even longer. Unless you want to arrive 3 or 4 hours before your flight to be able to catch it, fly with another company.
RouteSan Francisco to Minneapolis
Date FlownAugust 2020

"was a great experience"

Trip Verified | Flying Delta was a great experience, as the cabin was modern, power was provided, and personal entertainment screens were provided even on this domestic configured aircraft. Delta also gave us more free snacks and drinks than most US carriers, and the entertainment system had a large amount of content. PDX is a great airport, and so is MSP Terminal 1. Great experience in bringing me back to a frozen, wintry Minnesota.
RoutePortland to Minneapolis
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"I'd rather fly Spirit"

Trip Verified | Thanks Delta, for reminding me that my pockets are not deep enough for you all to care how me or my property is treated. I've been lied to, witnessed a clear violation of how things are supposed to be handled, and I've been ghosted. Some backstory: relocating as a remote worker. I packed my work equipment with multiple layers of bubble wrap and clothing, put them into a box, and sealed it with guerilla tape. I checked my box as an oversized special item to prevent any mishandling. The lady at the counter marked the box as fragile and oversized. She then told me that I could claim the item in a designated area as it would not drop down the conveyor belt. She then asked me to sign away all liability saying that they'll take REASONABLE care of my property but aren't liable for damages. Well, Delta's definition of reasonable care means that they'll stack boxes on top of a box marked fragile, send it over to standard baggage claim tumbling down the conveyor belt, bend the box(how?), Then the coup de grâce, puncture the box and it's content. So I see the box tumbling down the conveyor belt and I'm dmbfounded. This is not what was discussed. Its about to flip over the sides since it tumbled end over end but luckily It caught balance and landed with a thump back onto the belt. I go to the counter to explain to the lady who's clearly annoyed, what happened to my box. She asked me to test if everything in there works. I couldn't find the wires for the monitors and we ended up speaking to LAX. I pointed out every bend and hole on the box saying, this isn't reasonable care. After seeing the box the agent said I can go home to buy wires and test the monitors within 24hrs, email him and then we'll work something out if it's broken. I'm guessing this was to just get me out of the airport because he later ghosted me. The next morning I got some new wires and plugged in my BenQ which worked fine. I then unwrap my dell 27" ultrasharp ips monitor and see what appears to be a hole that's penetrated the first two layers of the screen. Naive and hopeful, I plug in the monitor thinking that it'll still work and if it's just a scratch then I can live with that. But after plugging it in That scratch started to look more like fractures as the screen begin to illuminate. It was done. I called Delta's help support number, when I finally got through to someone I barely got out half a sentence before being interrupted. The gentleman proceeded to interrupt me a few more times until I finally got my story out and after a final interruption I just hung up. I emailed Scott to update him on the progress I had made, I also sent a message via Facebook messenger to Delta to figure out how to actually put a claim in for the issue. Scott replied back thanking me for keeping him in the loop. I finally got a ticket submitted and within an hour someone had already denied my claim. They offer me $250 travel coupon. I absolutely decline and you can remove it from my account then remove my account. I send another message to the agent , he was friendly so I'm sure he'd be willing to help, nope. He ghosted me. I've made quite a few trips with Delta in the past for work and I religiously chose them because of their seating space and how easy it is to check in. No more. I'd rather fly Spirit. You all really showed how much you value the 9-5 regular Joe. I bet if I was a frequent first class passenger
RouteCincinnati to Los Angeles via Atlanta
Date FlownJuly 2020

"they were excellent flights"

(Brazil)

Not Verified | I traveled from Pasco to Sao Paulo with stopovers in Seattle and Atlanta, in general they were excellent flights and the in-flight service even in the economy class had a menu of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks with many options and had three options dinner including a vegetarian option and with snacks on the galley throughout the flight (international flight) and with a breakfast served 1 hour before arrival and left much to be desired with just a seasonal fruit salad and a bread with egg and cheese. On the national flight salty and sweet snacks were served with only water but excellent on-board entertainment.
AircraftE175 / A330-300
RoutePasco to Sao Paulo via Atlanta
Date FlownMarch 2020

"a warm and kind angel"

Trip Verified | Raleigh Durham to Seoul via Detroit . I want to talk about the experience of this ride with Delta Air Lines. When my son and I took the DL4747 connecting flight DL1059 and flew to Delta Air Lines in South Korea, we did not get on the plane smoothly due to some personal reasons. My son and I were very frustrated and helpless. At this time, a person in charge of Delta Air Lines helped us in time. She is a warm and kind angel. Her name is Kayleigh. I would like to thank her for helping us book a return flight ticket and at the same time keeping the flight ticket that we can change the international flight time at any time, so that my son and I no longer feel helpless and afraid. Her work is very, very good. I am also very happy to be able to travel with Delta Air Lines.
RouteRaleigh Durham to Seoul via Detroit
Date FlownJune 2020

"they took advantage of us"

Not Verified | I feel like they took advantage of us during this time of stress an hardship surrounding Corona virus. My wife had purchased a ticket for me to meet them in Washington for a spring break trip. Due to the Virus outbreak it was not a good idea to go forward with that trip rather than refund us during a worldwide pandemic they had to make sure they kept our money "graciously" offering us a future credit. When it came time that we felt we could use the credit they had a policy in place saying they couldn't change the name attached to the ticket. My wife (who originally purchased the ticket) was going to use the credit instead of me. They would not allow the change even though it was the same family, trip, customer, and even credit card. It's sad when a company clearly only cares about the money and in no means the customer. You would hope that eventually no one would continue to support businesses like this that take advantage of people during hard times or any time for that matter. If you were paid then you were paid. It shouldn't make a difference who uses the ticket if the purchaser wants to transfer it. Please don't support this company's future. We can get better service by not supporting companies who don't do good business.
RouteUtah to Washington
Date FlownMay 2020

"this airline has gone downhill"

Trip Verified | I booked these tickets back on May 5th. The originally flight was supposed to be June 5th, from PDX to MSP to ICT. On May 23rd, I get an email that there had been some changes to my flight and that’s when I noticed they had me leaving at 123PM and arriving at 628PM is MSP, then to ATL and finally to my destination in ICT. The thing is, my connection flight at MSP was supposed to be at 9AM that same day. Unless the airline is on to something that I’m not aware about, that connection isn’t possible. I called the travel agency I booked my ticket through and the only way to fix this flight was to change the PDX to MSP flight to June 4th, same flight, same times just a day earlier with a 14 hour layover. I bit the bullet and said sure, go ahead and do that. I wake up, May 25th and Delta went ahead and changed my flight back to the original of my flight(s) all being on the same day. AGAIN, last time I checked that’s an impossible flight to make my connection. Called Delta, in attempt to fix something that I had already fixed the day prior and was put on hold for 3.5 hours to only have the call disconnected half way through. Called back and again, 3.5 hours and got “hung up” on. Gave up and went back to communicating through the travel agency. They then informed me, the MSP to ATL flight no longer exists and there was no way for me to make my flight unless I was willing to pay the difference for another flight. I told them to cancel my booking, because I didn’t want this to happen again, once I booked another flight through Delta. Ended up booking a flight through American for the one way ticket that was double the price I had paid, for the original round trip ticket! Never again will I fly with this airline. In the past I’ve never had these issues, but recently this airline has gone downhill!
RoutePortland to Wichita

"like a bus ride"

Trip Verified | Honolulu to Seattle. Delta has stopped all drink services and they give you a snack bag. The aircraft luggage bins were nasty, the lavatory was in disrepair. There were flight attendants in tee shirts. They have lost touch with their customers and their roots. Was like a bus ride, sad.
RouteHonolulu to Seattle
Date FlownMay 2020

"not impressed with Delta"

Trip Verified | Due to fly from London to LaGuardia via Boston then return from Las Vegas to London with Virgin from June 5 to June 20, checked Delta App as they removed LHR BOS flight from the booking, but all remaining legs still in and then yesterday the booking was deleted - no email, no message via the app, nothing. Have called Delta and they cant 'find' my booking that I made! back in January. I have the confirmation email, e-ticket, but they say that there is nothing that they can currently do as the booking doesn't exist. Would have changed the flights to the same time next year as due to the current situation we aren't going anywhere soon from the UK, and got a good deal in January on Premium seats. Frontier Airlines on the other hand refunded very quickly - not impressed with Delta's way of handling this, as they have always been a great airline in our opinion.
RouteLondon to LaGuardia via Boston