Delta Air Lines

"Thank you guys"

Not Verified | For the past couple of months we have been experiencing much turmoil and a lot of the times people tend to highlight the bad more than we do the good. I wanted to take this time to highlight the good. On March 13th I was in Miami and the corona-virus was becoming a huge issue and my mom thought it would be a good idea that I flew home and I too thought it would be a good idea so I proceeded to book my flight to leave the following morning. When I booked the flight I thought I put insurance on the ticket turns out I did not. The next morning came and unfortunately I missed my flight I was a bit upset but not surprised because I honestly was not prepared. Knowing that I had not put insurance on the ticket I was upset that I would now be out of $130. With everything going on, money no matter the amount, is very much needed for rainy days but I knew that my own irresponsibility had put me in this position so I just let the situation go. So fast forward to today, March 31st, I had got paid and when I went to go check my account there was an extra $130 in my account. Of course at this point I had forgotten all about the ticket and I had already knew I didn't buy the ticket insurance so I was not at all expecting any type of refund. So I went in my payment history to see where the money had come from and sure enough it said "Delta Airlines". That's the difference between a good company and a GREAT company. I just wanted to say I truly appreciate the Delta community because they did not at all have to do that, but they did! And as I stated before people tend to shed light on all of the bad things before they sit and appreciate the good and that honestly made my day! Thank you guys for all that you do.
RouteMiami to Atlanta
Date FlownMarch 2020

"don't like their baggage policies"

Not Verified | Tucson to Los Angeles. It's very simple. During the Coronavirus pandemic, Delta should be lucky anybody is flying their airline. I was perturbed when told that although we were on an 80% empty plane, they were still following rules of one carry one and one personal item. The overhead bins are empty. I want to bring an extra suitcase without checking it for more grubby hands to be touching my stuff. But no, Delta badly wants to touch your bags and collect an extra fee. Southwest didn't give me grief for this issue so I'm only flying Southwest. Plane is more comfortable than Southwest's crammed seats but in this pandemic I don't like their baggage policies. People are so simple-minded in a crisis.
RouteTucson to Los Angeles
Date FlownMarch 2020

"This airline is a total rip off"

Trip Verified | Cartagena to Toronto via Atlanta. This is premium economy at best. We had zero service Atlanta to Toronto. No television no anything the water was undrinkable due to the uncleanliness and age of plane. Delta charged us for first class yet it was barely premium. Wouldn’t allow us into the lounge! Not good enough tickets? How much more do you have to spend ? This airline is a total rip off using planes they shouldn’t. Isn’t it fraud when selling something that it isn’t? I’m going to look into this.
RouteCartagena to Toronto via Atlanta
Date FlownMarch 2020

"give you all the proper thanks"

Trip Verified | Minneapolis to Detroit. I want to give a huge thank you to every one of the people involved in the flight Minneapolis to Detroit counter. It was a very sad day for my exchange student Julia and I having to say goodbye 2 months early because of the COVID-19 virus. Each and everyone of them know who we were, as they all did their part to help us out. Thank you,! I will never forget each and every one of your faces, and I regret not getting your names to give you all the proper thanks!
RouteMinneapolis to Detroit
Date FlownMarch 2020

"will never use them again"

Trip Verified | Albany to San Antonio. I will refuse to use Delta again. I had to cancel my flight due to the coronavirus and they only offered me an e-ticket for not even up to a full year later to use. I checked the dates for when the next time I could fly was and there was no option for Delta and they still refused to give me a full refund. As a healthcare provider, this enrages me that this company is this greedy and that in a time of need they could not give me back money for my flight. I will never use them again. The lady on the phone was rude and did not seem to care at all.
RouteAlbany to San Antonio
Date FlownAugust 2019

"excellent customer service"

Trip Verified | I want to send these comments and our great thanks to the Delta team. We were flying from Bogotá to Toronto via Atlanta. We were a group of 8 passengers with a minor passenger among us, a friend of one of our children who was traveling with us without his parents, due to a mistake the parents did not have the necessary documents with immigration in Colombia. The airline From the first moment understood our case, they supported us, accompanied us and I waited until we were able to solve the documents with immigration in Colombia, we want to thank Delta for its excellent customer service and help us. Your valuable help and patience was exceptional, our greetings and again Thank you for what you did for us, a big hug and your help was invaluable, thanks to the entire Delta family.
RouteBogota to Toronto via Atlanta
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Customer service is useless"

Trip Verified | Santo Domingo to Las Vegas via Atlanta. I have been a loyal Delta and Sky team Medallion customer for over 7 years. However, in the 17 months, every time I fly Delta, there are issues that end up costing me significantly more money that I anticipated. This is true of business, first and economy tickets I have flown in over 23 different flights. Customer service is useless and seem to always give wrong and incorrect information. Issues have ranged from damage to expensive suitcases, no food with first class tickets on the plane, rude airline staff, rude and stupid supervisors in customer service that cannot do simple math. You name it. So, I have decided never ever to fly Delta or any Sky team airlines again. This applies also to all my staff. I would rather fly a cheap low budget airline and at least get what I pay for than fly Delta. They are a complete joke. And I recommend everyone else that plans on flying heeds to this advice or enjoy the disasters to come. Delta used to be a good airline, but now they suck.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteSanto Domingo to Las Vegas via Atlanta
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Big thank you to Delta"

Not Verified | Big thank you to Delta Air Lines for being so helpful and flexible changing our flight to get out of Costa Rica back to Amsterdam. Beyond expectations. Very well done!
RouteLiberia to Amsterdam via Atlanta
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Dionne helped my friend and I"

Trip Verified | I'm writing to thank an employee of Delta Airlines named Dionne, who helped my friend and I as we were attempting to return to Toronto from New York City amidst the North American outbreak of COVID-19. Our flight was initially scheduled for Tuesday Mar 17th, however the weekend leading up, Prime Minister Trudeau of Canada began urging Canadian citizens and residents to return home. With customer service phone-lines bogged up because of the crisis, we decided to take our chances and head to the airport a day early to see if there was any chance we could return sooner. Luckily, we were met with Dionne at the Delta Check-In (Terminal 2, at LaGuardia airport). Dionne had to deal with a faulty system that forced her to enter our passport credentials manually, but she handled it with grace and humour (which was really needed at that moment). She also did everything she could to find all the options available to us. Thankfully, she was able to get us on a flight later that day, direct to Toronto. Regardless of that, she acted as a professional, very calm and direct, and most importantly as a compassionate human to two Canadians hopped up on little sleep and lots of anxiety and uncertainty. Needed in these times. So above all else, thank you Dionne for how you stepped up, and likely stepped up before, and will continue to have to step up for your customers and staff. We appreciate you, and we hope this finds its way to you!
RouteNew York to Toronto

"Staff are very nice"

(Russian Federation)

Trip Verified | New York to Boston. This is a small plane and not a big seat. The leg distance is small. Normal for a short flight. The advantage is that there is direct access to the aisle. From food only snacks. Staff are very nice.
Seat TypeFirst Class