Delta Air Lines

"not my favorite airline right now"

Not Verified | This is not about a past flight but an upcoming one. We were scheduled on Delta in Business Atlanta to Chicago round trip 18-19 June. Just received word that our return flight on 19 June was cancelled and we were moved to an earlier flight in the day. Since this is in the middle of the event we were attending in Chicago, it means we have to rebook for the next day, pay for an extra night in the hotel plus meals. We have been Skymiles Medallion members for years, and this is how they are treating us now. If the numbers don’t make for a flight, then the passengers are left up a creek. What if I had to be at work that Monday? Delta, you are not my favorite airline right now.
RouteAtlanta to Chicago
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"Our first flight was cancelled without reason given"

Not Verified | My husband and I booked round trip tickets from Spokane, WA to Las Vegas. Our first flight was cancelled without reason given and lost our comfort plus seats we paid for. Flight attendants on the way back from Las Vegas to Spokane were rude to other passengers and sarcastic when a passenger was attempting to place their luggage in an overhead compartment. I have flown Delta as well as other airlines dozens of times in my military career and for personal travel, but have never experienced flights being cancelled without a valid reason or had flight attendants be rude to passengers. When leaving from Spokane Airport the women working the counter at Delta were unprofessional and were clearly irritated that we were checking in for our flight. We were the only ones standing in line, 3 women were at the kiosks, but none of them wanted to call us up. Finally, after they all looked at each other, one of them called us up, but was unpleasant with us. I will make sure to never book future flights with Delta.
Aircraftunknown
RouteSpokane to Las Vegas

"worst flight experience"

Trip Verified | Boston to Athens via Paris. I was boarded and unboarded twice, missed my connection, got lied to about my layover saying I didn’t have to go through security when I did, almost missed my second flight, and lost my baggage which had been a carry on they insisted on checking on my first flight. It has been over 48hrs and I have not gotten this bag. I have vital medication in the bag which I cannot access. Furthermore, I have been lied to by customer service about where my bag is. I have not gotten any compensation or even simple communication from them. This is the worst flight experience I have ever - had and I am an avid traveler.
RouteBoston to Athens via Paris
Date FlownMay 2022

"Just avoid Delta all together"

Trip Verified | It was a nightmare from the beginning. Delta lost my baggage, sent me to the wrong gate (their own staff directions) from lost Angeles to Atlanta. Missed my contact because of this i spend the night at airport, with zero sleep, not even carry on case because they took it from me at gate without even asking. Missed s work meeting resulting in loss of money. Departure from Baltimore, they delayed my flight close to 3 hours and when landing in Detroit for layover to LAX of course it was missed. Delta sent me to San Diego at my request, they didn’t offer any real solutions, other than an eternal “we’re sorry”. Just avoid Delta all together. Not worth the few dollars you think might will be saving. They still haven’t found my items.
RouteDetroit to San Diego
Date FlownMay 2022

"it was my worst travel experience"

Trip Verified | Delta is a joke of an airline. I flew Delta for the first time today and it was my worst travel experience. I’ve flown so many airlines and none of these experiences have been bad enough that I felt I needed to write a review about it, other than Delta. I have never seen employees as rude as the ones at the Denver International Airport baggage claim and gate. I witnessed many different employees be beyond mean to customers for actually no reason. I definitely won’t be flying Delta again, and can guarantee a lot of people that were on my flight won’t be. Hire more qualified employees, those with customer service experience.
RouteDenver to New York JFK
Date FlownMay 2022

"my first try with Delta and my last!"

Trip Verified | Awful experience. Flight bumped and caused me to stay another night in FL. Customer service said they would cover the hotel, just tell the gate agent. No one knew how to help and sent me to customer service again. Between 3 and 10 hour hold times. Twitter support and text support refuse to help and refuse to put me in for a callback. No way to reach anyone. I fly twice a month. This was my first try with Delta and my last! Additionally, in my flight that I was bumped to I was forced to the last row and isle service skipped me!
RouteTampa to Syracuse via Atlanta
Date FlownApril 2022

"It is my first and last time with Delta"

Trip Verified | They canceled our direct flight 20 minutes before departure. For rebooking we waited in line almost 3 hours. Now we lost 1 day and we have a flight with 1 stop with seats on the last row. When I asked about any support with this situation they answered very rudely and disrespectfully. No help at all! It is my first and last time with Delta. Terrible service!
RouteLos Angeles to Ft Lauderdale
Date FlownMay 2022

"If you fly Delta - prepare to be screwed"

Not Verified | I was flying out of Detroit to Jacksonville on Sunday May 15th. I had a meeting Monday morning at 8am. Delta canceled my flight and changed it to Monday Morning at 6am out of Detroit. They informed me of this on May 14th at 4pm. I had to cancel my flight and change my meeting with my customer. Delta still charged me $150 to cancel my reservation that they made on my behalf. Without notice. Bottom Line: If you fly Delta - prepare to be screwed.
RouteDetroit to Jacksonville

"Unacceptable crew delays"

Trip Verified | San Francisco to New York City. Arrived early, crew arrived late for scheduled take off, because of traffic. My family and I had the same traffic and managed arrived on time for our flight. Our reserved seat were changed (booked serval months ago) then several mechanical issues to include leaking fuel. After 3 delays we are still not in the plane. It’s currently 1:00 pm we scheduled to fly at 11:40. Worst service ever. Unacceptable crew delays and maintenance issue horrible
RouteSan Francisco to New York City

"Absolutely awful airline"

Trip Verified | Absolutely awful airline. Overbooked our flight and essentially just kicked us off and gave away our seats. Then the lady laughed in our face when we asked if there was anything she could do to help us and blatantly lied right to our faces saying she did everything she could to get us on. I will never fly Delta again.
RouteDenver to Boston via Detroit