Delta Air Lines

"issue after issue"

Trip Verified | Daytona Beach to Austin via Atlanta. I have used Delta for many years, however my last (4) trips flown with the company has been hindered with issue after issue. Though I have tried to reconcile these issues with the company and have been gifted several vouchers (which i have not used) it seems that the issues mentioned do not get corrected. My last flight was Nov. 10, 2019 flying home from spending my birthday with friends and family. the flight was set to board at 7:35pm and depart at 8:15pm. At the gate it was announced that the airline was awaiting the arrival of the captain and co-captain to arrive and boarding was pushed back 20-30 minutes. This is understandable ... boarding started at or around 8:10pm whereas it was around 8:30 by the time Main Cabin 1 was called to board. Around 20 minutes after sitting in my seat the flight attendants cam over the PA stating that they had no update on the whereabouts of the captain and co- captain and thanked everyone for their patience (8:50pm). 20 minutes later the Captain announced his sincerest apologies and explained he had just flown in with the NFL team and had been stranded on the tarmac for some time before catching a ride over to our plane (9:10pm). He added that checks still had to be made prior to the flight and we should be taking off in around 25-30 minutes. At 9:34 pm we pushed away from the gate prepared for take off and that the flight would take two hours and fourteen minutes from take off to touch down, then another delay as we were declared number 3 for take off. The flight landed in Orlando after midnight however by the time we were able to exit the plane was more closer to 1am. We had prepaid parking set for 11pm retrieval. At 1:15am we picked up our vehicle and started our hour and fifteen minute drive home (2:30am). We both had to work in the early morning, myself at 5:00 am. Delta's form of understanding how much adverse effects can have for having such poor service... $75.00! This is the gratitude the company feels is adequate for its customers.
AircraftBoeing
RouteDaytona Beach to Austin via Atlanta
Date FlownNovember 2019

"staff on flight were very nice"

Trip Verified | Delta staff on this flight were very nice and treated customers with care. I can count on them to always provide good service and on time-departures. Detroit seems like an easy hub to connect through and Raleigh is so convenient to get through as an airport. Awesome job Delta!
RouteDetroit to Raleigh
Date FlownNovember 2019

"definitely fly with them again"

Trip Verified | Detroit to Calgary via Minneapolis. Due to poor road conditions, no drivers were willing to take me to the airport for my early morning flight despite trying Lyft, Uber, and calling every taxi company in the area from 4 AM until after 6 AM. When someone was finally willing to take me, it was too late and I missed my flight. Upon I arriving at the airport, I told a customer service agent I missed my flight and don't know what to do, and she immediately was very kind and comforting. She directed me to a desk and reassured me it would be sorted out. The agent at the desk was extremely compassionate, and despite the fact that I had only paid for an economy fare ticket and did not purchase the flexible fare, he did not charge me for changing my flight and got me a seat on the next plane. He also kindly reassured me that everything would be fine and I would be able to get home. I was the last one to board the plane and it departed right away. I am so thankful that they waited for me and that they were so kind as to not charge me again. They were within their rights to charge me again, but they treated me kindly like a person rather than just another source of profit. Great service, friendly and kind agents, big fan of their in-flight entertainment system as well as the free wi-fi for in-flight messaging purposes. I also like that they still give both cookies and crackers on the short flights, whereas other airlines I've flown with only offer beverages now. The only downside is the seat cushions are not well padded in economy, but you get what you pay for. I have rarely flown with Delta in the past, but I would definitely fly with them again.
RouteDetroit to Calgary via Minneapolis
Date FlownNovember 2019

"Very disappointed with Delta"

Not Verified | Orange County to Minneapolis. Very disappointed with Delta. I was told I needed to check my carry on. I adhered to the rules of a carry-on and a personal item yet they allowed another person before me to board with four (yes, 4) bags. I believe the rules should be followed by everyone. I can understand my checking my bag as it’s necessary but everyone should follow the same rules. Check her 2 additional bags.
RouteOrange County to Minneapolis
Date FlownNovember 2019

"never again fly Delta through Atlanta"

Not Verified | I have flown Delta twice in the last year to Guatemala City through Atlanta. I have never in my life met such negative and rude employees in a service industry as the Delta Employees in Atlanta. I will do everything in my power to never again fly Delta through Atlanta.
RouteColumbus to Guatemala City via Atlanta

"Service was fine"

Trip Verified | Raleigh- to Orlando nonstop went smoothly both ways with full flights. Inbound arrived 17 minutes early, outbound 5 minutes early. Service was fine, clean planes, snacks were good. WiFi was spotty and pricey if you wanted to do more than watch movies or use iMessenger. I felt a little queasy during final approach to Raleigh, but I blame that on rough air rather than the pilots.
RouteRaleigh to Orlando
Date FlownNovember 2019

"3 flightd had major issues"

Trip Verified | Tahassee to Toronto via Atlanta. Took 4 Delta flights in 10 days, 3 of them had major issues. TLH had no ready GPU/APU to pull 40 min delay. To make it worse, gate agent unfamiliar with ITI procedures could not check my bag to YYZ, instead had me take ATL train six stops to domestic bag claim, run to slow International terminal F shuttle, only to arrive at Air Canada checkin counter closed. I had to buy a $500 ticket from Delta to go home. Original ATL transit time was 2+ hours - Missed bag, AC/DL at ATL, onward to TLH baggage handlers/Delta had 1.5 hours to transfer bag. - Delta delayed 1403 Panama City to ATL 4 times, maintenance issues I missed Halloween with my family.
AircraftMD-88 / CRJ90
RouteTallahassee to Toronto via Atlanta
Date FlownNovember 2019

"I didn't have boarding passes"

Trip Verified | I was travelling from Milwaukee to Paris via Atlanta and connecting to Rabat. The Delta rep at the service counter wouldn't give me my boarding passes all the way to Rabat, nor would they give my seat assignments. The next Delta reps/Air France reps were surprised that I didn't have them. Handicapped assistance was not available because I didn't have boarding passes.
RouteMilwaukee to Atlanta
Date FlownNovember 2019

"unfeeling toward its customers"

Not Verified | Jacksonville to Rochester via Boston. Delta took $326.86 dollars from me on an "economy" deal. I attempted to change the 11-22 flight on 10-7. I was not looking for a refund but literally could not make the 11-22 flight and was seeking a credit to change flight days. Delta coldly refused (I have never tried to change a flight with anyone). Delta is a cold, callous corporation that is unfeeling toward its customers, and I will never book a flight with Delta again. I couldn't be more disgusted if I tried.
RouteJacksonville to Rochester via Boston
Date FlownMay 2019

"I am so disappointed"

Trip Verified | Accra to Tampa via New York. I have been a Delta platinum member for years and Delta has lost my bag and is not doing anything about it. I arrived at JFK from Accra, retrieved my 3 suitcases and re-checked them in to Tampa only for me to receive just 2 bags in Tampa. Customer service has been useless on how to handle the situation and no one calls back when they say they will. I’ve had to go to the airport every day for 2 weeks straight and also sent someone in JFK to go to Delta baggage services personally only for them not to be able to help. I ended up having to file a claim and Delta is asking for receipts of all my stuff in the bag-which is ridiculous because how do they expect me to have receipts for items purchased years ago? Did I ask for my bag to be lost? The claims manager never answers his phone or returns messages. This is so unacceptable and I’ve had enough of this nonsense. I paid so much for my ticket-not to mention all my valuables inside the suitcase which Delta compensate me for. I need my bag back and Delta at this point feels they can be careless and pay me off (which they cannot because they would give me way less than what everything costs) and get away with it. Me and my family have only flown Delta for so many years but I will probably have to switch to a different airline now because I am so disappointed.
RouteAccra to Tampa via New York