Delta Air Lines

"Talk about highway robbery"

Trip Verified | Washington to Panama City via Atlanta. Paid $30 for my checked luggage then an extra $100 because it was 6 pounds overweight. Talk about highway robbery. If I wasn’t in a rush to catch my flight, I would have bought a second bag and only paid $60 for both.
RouteWashington to Panama City via Atlanta
Date FlownAugust 2019

"This airline is a joke"

Trip Verified | San Antonio to Atlanta. This airline is a joke. The first leg of our flight was delayed due to an exit sign missing off the plan. 4 hour delay because they could not find an exit sign to fix the problem. This caused a large number if people to miss connecting flights. Delta didn’t care of the issue. Everyone I spoke with shrugged their shoulders and replied with an “we can’t help”. For my wife and myself, we will miss our connecting flight to Jamaica. Our $1,000 a night resort won’t change our reservations because it is already booked past our date. Delta offers nothing to help correct this. Wish I had booked with airline that doesn’t have plans falling apart and that aren’t able to meet FFA regulations. If the plan is missing exit sign, what else is missing.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteSan Antonio to Atlanta
Date FlownAugust 2019

"delays were avoidable and unacceptable"

Trip Verified | San Diego to New York with Delta Air Lines. Three delays without any excuse. No mechanical or weather related issues affected this flight: DL 2288. Two delays at San Diego resulting in 1 hour 15 minute delay, entering holding pattern 500 miles from destination, taxiing for more than 1/2 hour after arrival at JFK because Delta needed to find an unoccupied gate. These delays were avoidable and unacceptable. Both air and ground operations are to be blamed for a total of nearly three hour delay.
RouteSan Diego to New York

"Predatory sales practices"

Trip Verified | Predatory sales practices. Fees and what they’re for are not obvious or easily found. Customer Service says one thing and the agents at the airport another. I was told to pay for a checked bag by an agent even though customer service told me it was included. They also shame and embarrass customers for buying economy class tickets. Never flying with them again and will advise anyone I know not to fly with them.
RouteLa Guardia to Detroit
Date FlownAugust 2019

"they had sold out all seats"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Spokane via Seattle. Just went to check in for my flight 24 hours prior to departure and found out that they had sold out all seats on the 2nd leg of our flight! No seats? We paid to get from LAX to Spokane, not just halfway. 1.5 hour wait time to speak with a rep. So I guess we're walking from Seattle to Spokane because we didn't realize these crooks require customers to pay an extra $15 per seat to ensure that you actually get a seat on the flight you paid for.
RouteLos Angeles to Spokane via Seattle

"Shame on you Delta!"

Not Verified | I was on the Delta flight from Nassau to JFK today and the restroom at the front of the plane was only available for the first class passengers, 16 in total, 3 flight attendants and 2 pilots, where the rest of 144 passengers in the main cabin had to use the restroom in the back of the plane. I was traveling with my 2.5 year old son who said he was cold during the flight and when I asked flight attendant for a blanket I was told they didn’t provide any for that flight, however, as I was leaving the plane I couldn’t help but notice a bunch of unused still in the plastic wrap blankets laying on the floor between the first class seats. Shame on you Delta!
RouteNassau to New York JFK

Delta Air Lines customer review

Trip Verified | I am so pleased with the flight. The staff are very kind and thoughtful, on top of being super nice and professional, I have forgotten my phone in the previous airplane which was also Delta and I had realized when I was already all seated in the next plane and the plane was getting ready to take off within less then 15 min, I went and told this lady that was working there and she immediately knew who to contact and got all of my info and contacted the staffcleaning out the previous plane and within 10 min I got my phone on time before take off! Also the gentlemen that checked me and my family at boarding helped with it and made sure my 3 kids and husband stayed in the same row together. So pleased with this trip! Thank you Delta!
RouteMinneapolis to Winnipeg
Date FlownAugust 2019

"No communication and liars"

Trip Verified | Miami to La Guardia. My second worst experience with Delta. They board and then cancel flight without informing customers. I was on the phone 12 hours before and was never told that they had been canceling flights. We got to Fort Lauderdale and our flight was delayed only to be canceled after being on the plane and they kept giving excuse after excuse. We get to Miami only to be told our flight was canceled again. We got the same fueling excuse. It is horrible. No communication and liars.
RouteMiami to La Guardia
Date FlownAugust 2019

"canceled my seat without my request"

Trip Verified | They canceled my flight the night before on 8/18. Was supposed to have me on the morning flight on 8/19. Sent me an email saying I was on the flight and then I go to check in on 8/19 and they say I have no seat. They canceled my seat without my request. Do not fly with Delta for they don't care to screw you out of your seat after they canceled your flight before over weather.
RouteNew York to Knoxville

"Do not fly Delta"

Trip Verified | Montreal to New York. Plane landed on time and approached a gate that was already occupied. We were told we needed to wait until it unloaded passengers. Then we were told there was another plane ahead of us in the line to the gate. We waited some more until we were told that the plane needed to go to another gate. This is about 40 minutes later the we got off the plane. We were told to take a shuttle bus to the baggage claim. That bus filled up before we could board and we needed to wait for a second bus. The second bus arrived and before we boarded the dispatcher told us to get off at the 2nd stop. The bus driver and a second dispatcher argued about whether to wait for another flight to fill the bus before we departed. The driver did not want to wait so we left and at the second stop they switched drivers. The new driver refused to let us get off the bus. He proceeded to drive us back to where we started. We told the dispatcher what happened and he berated us for listening to the driver rather than sympathize with our being subjected to wasted time and confusion. We called Delta and related the story. The service person on the phone said 'What do you expect me to do about this?'. I said this is very poor service and is there some way we could be compensated. She disconnected me. Do not fly Delta.
RouteMontreal to New York