Delta Air Lines

"forget any thoughts of sleeping"

Not Verified | Buy an expensive ticket or be prepared for your punishment! I have flown in a more comfortable fairground ride. You will be crammed with a seat pitch lower than that of a standard UK domestic flight. The seats are hard and forget any thoughts of sleeping if you are flying home from the USA. If you don’t buy an expensive seat everyone who boards ahead of you will ram the aisles so be prepared for a bore of a boarding process. Forget overhead locker space as Premium economy holders occupy the overhead lockers back to the wings. The staff are excellent with a good sense of humour and I had a good joke with them about how passengers are treated at ‘this end’ of the airplane. I accept that I paid a low fare and can expect cattle class but you will literally have less space than EU regulations require cattle to be afforded as they are transported to the abattoir. The worst part is that I actually booked a Virgin flight but apparently as a Virgin Partner its the luck of the drawer. It’s like going to an expensive concert only to find out it’s actually a tribute act! Oh My God, what have I done!
Aircraft767
RouteBoston to London
Date FlownNovember 2018

"older, worn down 767"

Trip Verified | Another older, worn down 767 on a Delta International Flight. That makes a perfect trifecta for the year, London, Paris and Narita/Singapore. All with run down 767's, full of flat hard cushions, broken USB ports, glitchy touch screens that take you 15 minutes to select a movie. Last week they only had enough meals for half of coach. They blamed it on the contractor who provides the meals, although it could have been caught if they had checked it. Their inability to board a flight on time probably precludes the Flight Attendants from being able to double check the "Contractors". Thank goodness for their partner airlines, like KLM, they have newer planes, and are much more pleasant to fly. I see no value in being a Diamond Medallion on Delta Airlines. Stick with the discount airlines, at least you know what you are getting. Signed, Delta Diamond.
AircraftBoeing 767-300ER
Cabin FlownPremium Economy
RouteSingapore to Narita
Date FlownNovember 2018

"Food and service were decent"

Trip Verified | I always have mixed feelings about Delta's 767-300ER. It (and 767 in general) has the best economy seating arrangement of 2-3-2. However, the aircraft is loud and the overhead bins are small. IFE on this particular aircraft was good, with a nice selection of movies (this has been my positive impression about Delta). Food and service were decent, as expected from the airline. My flight was diverted due to bad weather in NYC (sounds familiar?), and this, of course, was not the airline's fault. In fact, the crew did a good job updating us about status and showed effort to get us to JFK as fast as they could.
AircraftBoeing 767-300ER
RoutePrague to New York JFK
Date FlownJuly 2018

"Delta is a pleasant airline"

Trip Verified | New York JFK to Frankfurt. When I left the Sky Club in JFK terminal 4 and headed to the nearby gate roughly 10 minutes before boarding, I got a text from Delta that the departure gate was changed. It was a non-issue unless the new gate was in terminal 2, and the only way to get there was by bus. To make things more confusing, the text did not advise me where I could take the bus, which departed from another gate. When I made to T2, an old, small and overcrowding facility, the flight was delayed because they needed to transfer the food, which had already been loaded to the original aircraft at the original gate, to the new aircraft (?). I ended up arriving at Frankfurt late, and the delay was not caused by weather or any technical issue. Reading many reviews here, one can easily notice that many complains about US carriers are about delays and how the airlines handle the situation, and that was what exactly happened here with Delta. The 767 perhaps has the best economy class seating arrangement, with only 1 per row that is not either a window or an aisle seat. The 767-400 used for my flight had the old version of IFE which was not that great (Delta's 767-300ER had better, newer IFE). I paid for wifi (the free version never works) and it worked fine. Service and food were fine. Crew distributed bottle water after meal (without us asking) which I think was a nice touch for us to stay hydrated throughout the flight. Overall, without the ground service issue, Delta is a pleasant airline to fly with.
RouteNew York JFK to Frankfurt
Date FlownJuly 2018

"I had a great experience"

Not Verified | Buffalo to San Antonio. I had a great experience, especially when compared to my flight back home with American Airlines. The attendants were humorous and made conversation with those of us flying which made a big difference (ex: joking and having character.) There were a few snack choices, and the plane ride was smooth. It was a bit more expensive than AA, but I'd use Delta again for these reasons! Secondary flight was a few minutes delayed, but that's understandable (there was bad weather in ATL.) Also appreciated the free access to Facebook messenger - it helped me to stay in contact with a loved one and it was 100% free.
RouteBuffalo to San Antonio
Date FlownOctober 2018

"received are two No Reply emails"

Trip Verified | Atlanta to Milwaukee. Apparently when climbing into my window seat my iPhone dropped out of my pocket onto the Aisle seat. When that seat's occupant boarded she assumed it was left by someone from the previous flight and, without checking with those around her, turned it into the Flight Attendant. I discovered this when we landed and I realized my phone was missing. The Flight Attendant explained that he'd given it to the Gate Attendant back in Atlanta, and even provided her name. He provided all the information from the flight and as soon as I arrived home I filled out the online information. All I have received are two "No Reply" emails explaining that once three weeks elapse they stop looking. Today is three weeks.
RouteAtlanta to Milwaukee

"Terrible customer service"

Not Verified | Indianapolis to West Palm Beach. Terrible customer service, pathetic seats each flight leaving and returning. Rude gate personnel and I was told seats would be changed once arrival to gate only to be rudely told no seat changes allowed! Will never fly Delta ever again!! Southwest puts Delta to shame!!
RouteIndianapolis to West Palm Beach

"Leg space very short"

Not Verified | Denver to New York with Delta Air Lines. Carry on baggage very small. Leg space very short not good for tall people. Customer service not so good attitude. Assigned seat available is last row and seat pocket with old dirty plastics and food.
RouteDenver to New York

"service was phenomenal"

Trip Verified | Memphis to Milwaukee. Customer service was phenomenal, flights were on time going to and from, and planes were nice spacious and clean. I haven’t flown Delta lately but will definitely fly again in the future!
RouteMemphis to Milwaukee

"worst experience ever"

Trip Verified | Honolulu to Los Angeles. This has had to be the worst experience ever! My Flight was delayed 4 hours with multiple gate changes. I arrived at 11:30am and their crew was super rude, didn’t not want to answer any questions! Several people given upgrades and when I inquired she refused to help me! This customer service was garbage. I had family flying Hawaiian Airlines at the same time and they were also delayed but they were on their way at 3:45pm, also with $200 credit for another flight ! It was so disorganized and crew abuses power. Horrible! horrible ! If you can fly Hawaiian or Alaska airlines you should do so.
RouteHonolulu to Los Angeles