Delta Air Lines

"$75 for 10 hours!"

Not Verified | Flight was cancelled because Delta didn't schedule a pilot to fly the airplane. Flight was rescheduled 10 hours after original flight. For spending the night in an airport and taking 10 hours of my time for a management foul up, Delta wants to offer me a $75 dollar flight voucher. $75 for 10 hours! That's not even minimum wage. What an insult. I have flown other airlines in the past. There are going to be problems from time to time, but the other airlines knew how to better apologize for their mistakes. I'll use them from now on
RouteAtlanta to Memphis
Date FlownMay 2022

"Don’t book with Delta"

Not Verified | Chattanooga to Wichita via Atlanta. Don’t book with Delta if you have an option. I wish I had an option and they weren’t the only airline that flies out of my town. Their “cheap” tickets are not cheap. You still pay $200- 300 plus on average for one way, you don’t get mile points for the basic economy, you can’t change flights, oh you also have to pay $99 to just cancel the flight, and no refundable. Won’t even give an e-credit to your account. Nearly, every time I fly with them they overbook the plane and people have to be asked to fly another time or day, I’m so over it. I hate how many scam and fraud airlines there are.
RouteChattanooga to Wichita via Atlanta
Date FlownMarch 2022

"I will never fly Delta again"

Trip Verified | I booked a trip through Delta Vacations for my 16-year-old daughter and me, for spring break. We boarded the plane with excitement! It was an all-around horrific experience. The flight attendants were rude. The tv screen did not work. The drink I ordered was not available. This is all minor, compared to the supposedly 4 + star resort that we arrived at. It was more like a 1-star resort. Very outdated. Very rude staff. The amenities were mediocre. The food was awful, we both got sick! We could not even go to the beach, there were so many horses and horse manure, it smelled awful! Delta basically laughed at me and said they were 3 months from returning emails. I called and told them my concerns! They offered me $100 credit, per person. I paid over $4000 for this vacation. It was a horrible experience. I am just glad we made it out of there alive. I have never been more thankful to get back from a vacation. It was a terrible experience all around. I will never fly Delta again.
RouteSalt Lake City to Puerto Vallarta
Date FlownApril 2022

"our vacation has been delayed"

Trip Verified | Due to the incompetence of the pilot not making it to his scheduled flight on DL2809 our vacation has been delayed. The lady at the flight kiosk had mentioned that the Pilot was not going to make it for his scheduled flight and that this would be affecting our vacation plans. The incompetence is unacceptable and the customers are the ones to deal with the consequences. Nothing but a "sorry" from the "sorry staff".
RouteSalt Lake City to Las Vegas
Date FlownApril 2022

"This is disgusting behavior"

Trip Verified | I’ve flown with specifically Delta for 3+ years because they are simply the best or so I thought. My father recently passed away and I was left with choice of flying across the country. If I had known just how much this company does not care about it’s customers I would not have flown with Delta. I was the next of kin and without being in the same state as the incident I needed to be there before I could provide information like the funeral home so I could receive the bereavement fare. I could not provide such information so in return I had to pay $320 for a flight. It’s absolutely disgusting the way customer service has treated me in regard to reaching out about help with the flight. They had the audacity to ask me to pay for a new flight instead. This is disgusting behavior.
RouteFort Lauderdale to Minneapolis
Date FlownApril 2022

"5 star customer service"

Not Verified | Delta by far is the best airline, we got back here literally in 4 hours from California. We enjoyed free movies and TV shows as well as complimentary snacks. They also had free baggage check-in! 5 star customer service. I will only fly Delta from now on, they know how to treat there passengers.
RouteSan Francisco to Boston
Date FlownApril 2022

"I will never fly Delta again"

Trip Verified | This was the most horrible experience I ever had in air travel in my life. I have been a Delta Skymiles member for many years and I will never fly with them again. First they cancelled the connecting flight from Atlanta to Provo because they didn’t have a pilot. I had to change my whole itinerary to leave the next day and arrive back a day later. Not to mention needing another covid test and travel clearance again to fly to my destination. On the way back to JFK, apparently they never cancelled my return flight from the previous day to the following day and I had to wait for over an hour for a Delta representative to even pick up a phone and correct this mistake. The women who was handling my problem was very rude and seemed bored by the whole problem. As I said earlier, I will never fly Delta again.
RouteProvo to New York
Date FlownApril 2022

"all Delta offered was a $75 voucher!"

Not Verified | 3 hr flight that took 23 hrs and all Delta offered was a $75 voucher! There were 12 of us in our party flying out for my brother's funeral. Our flight was initially delayed due to plane not being available so they pulled a plane had just completed the annual maintenance. We were delayed again due to de-icing and needing to wait for winds to die down so they could use the lift to de-ice. In the air, they announced we would be delayed due to need to land to re-fuel. On the ground in Great Falls. ID we waited for gas until they announced we had issue with crew timing out so we would need to stay overnight. We waited in line for well over a hour to find out we needed to eat on site to use food voucher. We waited 1.5 hrs for shuttle to hotel and when we arrived the hotel did not have any rooms (thankfully Hilton put us up at another Hilton property). We arrived back at the airport the next morning (6am) as instructed and waited around until they announce our plane (just out of annual service) had issue with hydraulics so we needed to wait for part and for someone who could fix. We than were told we had to wait as the plane was low on hydraulic fluid and the truck had to go and get some more. We boarded and finally arrived at our destination 23 hrs later. For all of this Delta gave us $75 voucher - no words for how crazy that is. I requested a voucher for the cost of our tickets but waiting to hear back.
RouteMinneapolis to Spokane
Date FlownApril 2022

"made Delta look good and great again"

Trip Verified | We booked our family summer vacation for June 2022 for Aeromexico flights. We weren’t able to include our middle name online for some reasons and weren’t able to input our passports info as well. We were very concerned about not being able to board since our names on reservation are not matching with our passports. We made one call after hour and was told by representative it’ll take 1-2 days to wait for email confirmation. We thought it was taken care of but nothing has been done after a few days. Follow up with a chat representative she was very nice and helpful but referred us to ticketing support instead. We called back regular hour spoke to Louis he was our angel and a savior. He teamed up with back office and made the correction and emailed the confirmation to us all 8 of us while I was on the phone with him. Thank you Louis and your team for all your hard work, effort, and efficient customer service. You made Delta look good and great again.
RouteCancun to San Antonio

"nothing but unhelpfulness"

Not Verified | Denver to Barcelona via New York. Delta has a series of automated systems and policies that leads the consumer to be screwed out of the seats they spend time and money to select. My fiance/hubby and I flew to Europe for our Weddingmoon, meticulously planning our travel to avoid issues. Only to find, on our 19 hr travel days, that our seats had been changed on both the departure and return flights - this gave me a migraine on the way there and separated us on the way home. No one on their staff can ever help solve problems so you pay extra to have them do whatever their system wants, while "tying" the hands of their employees. Not to mention the horribly uncomfortable seats and unhappy flight attendants. Received nothing but unhelpfulness, and so we will never fly with Delta again. Giving my money to better businesses.
RouteDenver to Barcelona via New York