Delta Air Lines

Delta Air Lines customer review

PDX-AMS-PDX: Flew on economy comfort for both legs. The PDX-AMS was good with the typical Delta service which has improved over the years. Aircraft was clean and a very good IFE. For the return flight it was quite different starting with a very disorganized Delta security at the gate. The contracted agent were borderline rude and did not have a clue what they were doing. During the flight the cabin crew appeared to do a minimal job and could care less about the service and especially the state of sanitary conditions of the restrooms. Delta management should work on improving the consistency of their crew.

Delta Air Lines customer review

TPA to LAX on 12-10-14 B737 Economy Comfort another routine Delta Flight. Uncomfortable seats with slightly more legroom than economy but with minimum recline. I give Delta low ratings on account of the uncomfortable seats. Otherwise it's pretty much like other U.S. carriers. Food for purchase. I didn't buy any so rated it at one star. Charge for entertainment headphones didn't buy a set so I also rated entertainment at one star. I fly Delta only because my spouse has Platinum FF status and buys my tickets with her FF miles. Otherwise I'd like to try other airlines.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy

Delta Air Lines customer review

PDX-AMS-PDX. I was seated in economy plus for the both legs and this is definitely more pleasurable than the basic economy. However the seat cushion still remain hard and quite uncomfortable for a 10 hours flight. Food was okay and very good entertainment system. The crew was professional and attentive on the PDX-AMS. Unfortunately the cabin crew on the return flight was borderline lazy doing the minimum and spending more time socializing on the back of the aircraft than paying attention to the passenger and especially the cleanliness of the bathrooms.

Delta Air Lines customer review

ATL-JNB-ATL Business Class. Atlanta flight was on time and the flight crew was very "seasoned". Service was good. Food was ok. Nothing special. Seats are great - I'm tall and they do the trick. VOD system is outdated and flight tracker rarely works. The return flight was about an hour late and the crew was much better. Food from JNB was much better than first flight. I would rate the second crew as outstanding. It's all about the seat and the business elite seat is among the best for such a long flight.

Delta Air Lines customer review

I flew SFO-LAX on a Delta Shuttle emb-175 in first class seat 4A. The seat cushion was pretty hard but fortunately it was only a 50 minute flight. Honestly the first class seats on the emb-175 aren't great and I would never pay for them just upgrade using miles or medallion upgrade.
Cabin FlownFirst Class

Delta Air Lines customer review

We flew Delta Airlines 777 business class from LAX to Bangkok (via Narita) in October 2014. The seating configuration is one of the best we have seen internationally. The lie flat seats were enhanced with two pillows and a comforter. The second/smaller pillow worked very well for your legs/knees over the long flight. The comforter was the most enjoyable blanket we have ever experienced on an international trip. It's amazing that such a small difference in quality can make such a large difference in the sleeping comfort and environment. The only complaint about the seat configuration is that it is difficult to communicate with a traveling partner.

Delta Air Lines customer review

OKC to ATL then ATL to TPA MD 80 from OKC to ATL then twin engined wide body Boeing from ATL to TPA. Seats on both flights were uncomfortable with minimal recline. The headrest pushes my head forward making it difficult for me to nap. On both flights I forgot to bring my seat to the upright position for landing. The FAs didn't notice or might have figured it didn't make any difference. I would not pay to fly Delta in economy or EC on account of the uncomfortable seats. I traveled on a free ticket purchased by my spouse with FF miles so I gave Delta three stars for Value for Money. Food for purchase but items that appealed to me weren't available. The FAs were courteous the flight uneventful. However Delta is my least-favorite airline.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy

(Spain)

We bought a round trip ticket trough Air France but the operating airline was Delta. On our outbound flight from ATL-MAD the plane was very small for a Transatlantic flight uncomfortable seats entertainment screens didn't work and the crew were not helpful with the needs of the 1 year old traveling with us well strangely enough this was our "good flight." On the way back we flew from Amsterdam to Atlanta the flight got delayed due to bad weather conditions because of that we lost our connecting flight that we can understand what was appalling to us was the rudeness unwillingness to help and basically bad attitude of the flight attendants who are supposedly there to assist you. We certainly will do our best to not purchase a Delta ticket again.

Delta Air Lines customer review

Took flight DL403 from JFK to LHR. Bag drop and check in was friendly and fast as was boarding. Seats were leather/plastic and not fabric and felt comfier than many others. Entertainment system was buggy and rebooted once as well as skipping/pausing throughout films. Food was bland but passable: chicken and rice meal with brownie bread and salad for dinner and a croissant with jam for breakfast (with orange juice). Service wasn't that friendly but also the announcements were amateurish with long pauses repeated interruptions and announcing the wrong arrival terminal before later correcting herself! I didn't know until this flight that seat changes within economy class can cost $40 each even if passengers on the same booking were placed in seats far away from each other on different rows (and the seat change was to bring them together).

Delta Air Lines customer review

GIG-ATL on refurbed 67-300ER (economy) and can honestly say it was the most uncomfortable flight I have ever taken. I am 6'2 and whilst normally I can find airline seats restricting this was the worst I have experienced. I can never before remember having to sit open legged as my knees do not fit in the seat when my legs are side by side including when using budget carriers. What's more the head restraint didn't stay in position making it doubly uncomfortable for a man of my height and despite the seat being in the middle of the plane there was no recline (not that there was any room to recline into). Food was ok drinks only served once despite it being almost a 10 hour flight and the entertainment system had only old movies and the TV box sets were missing random episodes meaning it was difficult to watch anything sequentially. Not a good advert for a Delta and will certainly bare this in mind when it comes to booking again in future.