Delta Air Lines

Delta Air Lines customer review

Flights 476 and 477. Flew first Class to Barcelona Spain on August 17 2014. Excellent service.

(South Africa)

First class from PDX to LAX. On time good seat comfortable and plenty of space. Easy check in and boarding. Early arrival. Inflight food and beverages woeful. Very limited beverages and my choice of red wine not available. No food apart from a 1/2oz bag of crisps or peanuts. For a two-hour flight something more substantial should be available in First. And nothing else even available for purchase. Staff on board ok. Disappointing apart from the seat comfort and space. I had bought a discounted First class ticket otherwise not worth it. And no access to Delta lounge for First pax unless paid for ($50) or a regular card holder for this service.

Delta Air Lines customer review

I have had several horrible experiences with Delta. One time on my way back from a vacation from Hawaii Delta changed the connecting flight from the Las Vegas Airport to an earlier time. I was not informed until I arrived in Las Vegas only to find out that our connecting flight had already departed. The Delta Customer Service clerk was extremely unhelpful and ended up booking us on a flight that left 5 hours later. I sat in the Las Vegas airport with two small children for several hours. Today I was supposed to fly out to New York at 11.00 am for an important business trip. As I was leaving for the airport I got a call from Delta stating that the flight was delayed until 12.15 pm. Since that phone call the flight has been further delayed three-times. Delta is the worst airline I have ever flown on hands-down with extremely poor customer service.

Delta Air Lines customer review

First time flying Delta was a terrible experience and I will never fly Delta again. Check in was really bad. My seat did not recline and my flight was LA to Sydney it means 15 hours flying in the same position. The seat was near the back of the plane where the flight attendants stay during the flight. They wouldn't close the curtains so it was always with lights on and I could hear them talking and laughing for 15 hours. It was my worst nightmare and I do not recommend Delta to anyone. There was other seats available but they wouldn't give us other seats.

Delta Air Lines customer review

Sep 1 from TYS-DTW-AMS-GVA return on Sep 15 from GVA-AMS-ATL-TYS. Just returned from traveling and used Delta and KLM. My opinion is that Delta has improved its flight services and food on transcontinental flights. Flights were on time customer service was helpful flight attendants were pleasant. The cabin service was much more adequate than in past flights. We did purchase economy comfort seats on the outgoing flight and the extra inches were appreciated. I was very pleased and will continue to use Delta.

Delta Air Lines customer review

IMT-DEN-SAN-IMT. All flights were on time or early. Ground and flight attendants courteous and efficient provided timely and useful info. The seats and entertainment on the new B737 are quite good for economy. Beef sandwich for purchase was at best OK. Beverages passed a few times on a 3 hr SAN-MSP flight. In my opinion Delta provides a good consistent product these days.

Delta Air Lines customer review

Extremely poor service. A family of five flew to Orlando via Detroit. After a lot of hassle on my part I was able to organise the special meals for us on our flight to Detroit. It was expected that the airline would have done so the same for the return flight but this did not happen with the result we were denied this request.

Delta Air Lines customer review

Manchester - Atlanta - Quito - August 2014. Flew Delta for the first time in about a decade and was very impressed. Transatlantic flew an old but recently refurbished 767-2 which was clean and comfortable. Was fortunate to get an exit row seat meaning I had lots of leg room and being 6'3 this was a blessing! Seats were a little hard but no more so than other airlines. Entertainment system was very good lots of options and food and drinks were served regularly. Cabin crew were very friendly and always happy to help. Flight departed on time and arrived early in ATL. ATL-QUI - very old 757-2 and desperately needed refurbing. Seats were worn out no entertainment overhead TVs existed but not used and cabin crew were less friendly. Drinks only served once on a 5 hour flight and food was very poor in comparison to the other flight. Standard American airline for me very good transatlantic but domestic/South America used tired fleet and much less effort made. Will certainly use again if I need to fly transatlantic as was an excellent experience but still much to improve on the other side of the pond.

(Japan)

NRT-HNL-NRT in business class both ways. The flight was smooth on time had decent food lie-flat seats and a very accommodating HNL-based crew of FA. No complaints whatsoever. It always amazes me at the negative comments on this review site considering my consistently good experiences with Delta. They're not the best airline in the world but they seem to try their best.

Delta Air Lines customer review

Delta 1487 on 09-04-14 from ATL to JFK. The gate agent addressed my wife and I by name as we boarded. All passengers were greeted by the F/A as they boarded. Flight left a few minutes late but arrived early. The meal consisted of a cold shrimp/chicken platter or a turkey/chicken sandwich which was very good. Service was good. My only complaint is the seating. The seat is more comfortable than Economy Comfort but Delta should add an inch of pitch in the first class cabin. I did not rate the inflight entertainment as there was none available due to the short flight. Delta 2043 first class on 09-11-14 JFK to ATL. Flight left about 30 minutes late due to mechanical problems. The captain gave detailed and many updates concerning takeoff times which was appreciated. The plane was an MD 88. Again no inflight entertainment due to the short flight. Food and beverages included snacks from a basket.