Delta Air Lines

Delta Air Lines customer review

BDL-SJC and back via ATL. Coach between BDL and ATL both ways and First between ATL and SJC both ways. First was good unless you are in a bulkhead seat and you are over 6 feet tall. Other than that the aircraft cabin (new 739) was nice and the service was great. Coming back the flight was delayed for an hour which was awful though I slept through the delay. On the bright side I had plenty of time to connect to BDL.
Cabin FlownFirst Class

Delta Air Lines customer review

Flew JFK-SLC 5 November 2014. Flew economy in an exit row. Ok flight but entertainment system did not operate full flight with no place to move to. Seat did not recline. 4.5 hour flight excellent FA but had to pay for food (I declined). On time take off and arrival.

Delta Air Lines customer review

Flew PDX-ATL ATL-CUN CUN-LAX then LAX-PDX. PDX-ATL was very clean on a very well maintained 737-900 attendants accommodated sister's nut allergy made sure no nuts or nut containing items were opened good IFE good wifi. ATL-CUN was disappointing. Attendants were friendly and hilarious but the MD-88 was in decrepit shape with a broken sound system broken lights broken a/c etc. CUN-LAX was a bit better of a plane but not as good of a 737 as the first flight (737-700 i believe slightly unclean and lots of TV's weren't working) and LAX-PDX on the CRJ900 was great. 2 drinks snacks as expected aircraft was very clean and had a brand new feeling.

Delta Air Lines customer review

Just leaving Detroit for Boston. Overhead bins are half empty. As usual attendants insist baggage be checked which adds considerable and unnecessary time to trip in Boston. Otherwise adequate trip. Seats fairly squeezed but similar to other legacy airlines. No food or entertainment options.

Delta Air Lines customer review

ALB-IAH DL2033/2249. Delta would not let me choose a seat at purchase or check-in. They put me in a middle seat. Now to get out of the seat (into a window seat in the same row) I need to pay them $19. I did not get a fair chance to select a type of seat I wanted even early on in the process. So I am being forced into an uncomfortable seat and into making a payment if I want to fly with more comfort.

Delta Air Lines customer review

My wife and I were supposed to fly out of Fort Myers on Oct 22/14 after booking our flights two months in advance. When we got to the airport 3 hours before our flight we were told our flight was cancelled and we would have to wait until 8.30 the next day before we could leave. We had to call for a ride ask to stay an additional day - all with no notice! They had all of my contact info and never called. I believe our flight wasn't full so they bumped us to the next morning to fill that flight. This is unacceptable you schedule your flights to fit into your time schedule not theirs. How are you supposed to plan a trip not knowing when they will cancel the flight for no reason do not use Delta if you need to be somewhere on time!
Cabin FlownPremium Economy

Delta Air Lines customer review

Was pleasantly surprised by Delta service in Economy class on a round trip between DTW and AMS on Oct. 10 (outbound) and Oct 17 (inbound). Cabin services both ways was attentive throughout the flight - something that some other US-based carriers fail to grasp. The Economy class food was actually tasty and abundant especially on the AMS-DTW flight. Am happy to find a US-based carrier that can hold its own in Economy class against its Euro- competitors. So would definitely recommend Delta service between DTW and AMS as a gateway between the US and Europe - even in Economy the journey is part ot the enjoyment of the overall trip.

Delta Air Lines customer review

October 17th 2014. Traverse City Michigan (TVC) to DTW DTW-LAX LAX-SMF. TVC-DTW and LAX-SMF on Delta Connection. DTW-LAX on Delta. The FAs on the connection flights were courteous and competent. On Delta after the beverage cart had gone by I asked a passing FA for a second glass of wine. She refused to bring it told me I'd have to wait until the beverage cart returned which was over an hour later. The Economy Comfort seats on Delta were not much better than economy - slightly more legroom but the recline seemed the same. I was unable to sleep because the headrest pushed my head forward. The Economy Comfort seats on the Connection flights felt more comfortable. Delta provided a wide array of entertainment choices. I only fly Delta because my spouse buys my tickets with her frequent flyer miles. I would not recommend Delta for long haul flights on account of the uncomfortable seats. Next time my spouse and I fly to Europe or Asia I will ask her to use her FF miles for flights on a Delta partner with better seats.
Cabin FlownPremium Economy

Delta Air Lines customer review

10-12-14 SEA-DTW-TVC. SEA-DTW on Delta DTW-TVC on Delta Connection. The blue vinyl seats on Delta were very uncomfortable had minimal legroom and recline the plastic armrests hurt my arms after an hour or so. I was unable to sleep because the headrest pushed my head forward. Seats on Delta Connection were more comfortable. My one star rating is for the Delta seats. I didn't use the inflight entertainment system which appeared to have a good selection. I would not recommend Delta for long haul flights. My spouse purchased my ticket with her frequent flyer miles. Next month when we fly from California to Florida I'll ask her to book our flight on a Delta partner if possible. The Delta seats are too uncomfortable for long haul flights. Same goes for our upcoming trips to Europe and Thailand next year.

Delta Air Lines customer review

In September I flew Delta round trip Detroit - London - Detroit business elite class on planes with the lay-flat seats. Let's be honest and call them "pods" not seats. These plastic "pods" must be the most uncomfortable cramped seats ever designed for an airplane. I am only 5'1" weigh 125# and even at that small size I felt wedged into a narrow hard space. Seats are narrow hard moulded vinyl and there is absolutely no room for anything. Couldn't even figure out where to store the provided quilt and pillow. Sit on it? Put it on the floor where it immediately becomes wedged under the seat or you have to walk on it to get out/in your seat? Fold out trays are tiny and almost useless as are the provided "pockets" (shallow moulded indents that won't even keep a bottle of water upright) for magazines books papers bottled water etc. Attempting to stand up or leave your seat is a major challenge. Apparently the expected protocol is to wedge yourself into the "pod" and not move for eight hours. Never again!