Avelo Airlines

"I wouldn’t recommend this"

Trip Verified | The flight from Newport News to Orlando on November 22 was a hour late. It took and hour to get claimed bags the belt was broke. On the way back to Newport News ticket was for 11/29/22 at 6:30 and I get to the airport MCO ,there were no workers at the desk at all. Apparently they changed the flight to the 27th with no warning at all ! Even online an receipts still show flight for 11/29/22. I really don’t mind cheap flights but this one is a big no no for me. I wouldn’t recommend this at all. Had me stuck in MCO.
RouteOrlando to Newport News
Date FlownNovember 2022

"Never flying Avelo again"

Not Verified | Never flying Avelo again. Not only was our first flight delayed by an hour but our second flight out of Orlando was changed to two days in advance of my leaving. My family was never contacted that our flight had been changed. This very unacceptable and now we are stuck in Florida without anyway back home. Do not fly Avelo, spend the extra and fly expensive, it may be more expensive however you get better customer service and your flight won’t get changed by literal days. The customer service agent we talked to hung up on us multiple times and basically gave us no way home.
RouteOrlando to Newport News
Date FlownNovember 2022

"I will definitely fly with you again"

Trip Verified | My experience with Avelo Airlines was one my family and I would never forget. We had a great time flying from Orlando to new haven. But coming back to Orlando my family and I were surprised when the flight attendant recognized my daughter for her upcoming birthday on November 28th. She had the passengers flicker their lights to congratulate her which was very special as this was our first time flying in years. I was one happy mama and proud as well. They also gave her the wings that the flight attendants wear and to top it off the captain himself came out and wished her a Happy Birthday. That was very kind of him and such class. I never got to take a picture with him and my daughter which was a bummer, I didn't want to hold up the line behind me. Thank you Avelo for such an amazing experience I will definitely fly with you again. Shout to Avelo Airlines Flight XP 721 and the Captain.
RouteNew Haven to Orlando
Date FlownNovember 2022

"Absolutely avoid this airline"

Trip Verified | Never flying with this airline ever again. My 10:30am flight was cancelled and rebooked to a 6:15pm flight. Without receiving any notification, email, text, or otherwise, the flight was delayed more and more until finally it got delayed to the next day at 11:30am. I was only aware of this flight delay because I luckily was tracking their flight status directly on their website. Thank goodness I did because my phone app and ticket on the browser did not update with the delays at all. I’m shocked at not only the lack of communication and basic technology but also that Avelo doesn’t reimburse you for anything. You only get reimbursement if you stay at a hotel. I luckily was able to get last minute accommodation with a friend, but unluckily that means I get no reimbursement whatsoever for saving them money by finding free accommodation all while having to deal with this back and forth. The ticket is crazy expensive for what it is ($45 for carry on too!) so was really expecting something better. Absolutely avoid this airline wherever possible. If prices at other airlines for last minute tickets hadn’t shot up, I’d 1000% be flying with another airline right now.
RouteFt Myers to New Haven
Date FlownNovember 2022

"avoiding this airline in the future"

Trip Verified | They changed the time on the flight from early morning to afternoon. When we arrived, the flight was delayed three different times, finally our plane we were supposed to fly on was ready, but we were informed our bags had been mistakenly sent to another state on a different plane. So we boarded the plane and sat for another 45 minutes before we were told the plane had another mechanical issue and we would have to deplane. We are now waiting for another to aircraft to come get us…. Supposedly the silver lining is that our bags are being sent back from Georgia to Connecticut and before we takeoff will be loaded onto this point. No matter how the story ends, I will be avoiding this airline in the future. While the staff is polite, they certainly are not very well, trained and this day has been a complete waste.
RouteNew Haven to Fort Myers
Date FlownNovember 2022

"I'll never fly Avelo again"

Trip Verified | I booked 2 round trip tickets for Thanksgiving months ago. The back in August 2022 I got a message from Avelo saying our return flight had been changed. I tried emailing their "customer support" several times but received no response. I tried calling several times but no one answers after waiting for hours. Today I went to print my boarding pass and learned our departure time had been changed, but never received an email or phone call but Avelo alerting me to the change. I then went to check on our return flight and now they no longer list any return flights that day ! Again no one answers when you call customer support. Will try to sort it out at the airport, but now have now confidence in this airline. How can they change flight times without informing the passengers? !! I'll never fly Avelo again.
RouteNew Haven to Fort Myers
Date FlownNovember 2022

"very pleased with this airline"

Not Verified | Flew on Tuesday before Thanksgiving. No problems at all. I have to admit I do not like that we not even offered a drink. So you need to make sure that you carry on a beverage of your choice and any snacks as there is nothing on the plane. The plane was not full so the stewardess offered people to move to another seat so they could stretch out. It was very expensive but I assume that it was because of Holiday travel. I would fly again, as very pleased with this airline
RouteTampa to New Haven

"where is the customer service?"2

Trip Verified | We were to fly from Burbank on Thursday 11/17 to Idaho on Avelo Airlines, as we arrived at Burbank, we received a text saying that our flight has been canceled due to maintenance problems, so far, I have called, emailed and have not heard anything from this company. We tried to book another flight while we were at the airport but to no avail, so the 5 of us returned home and are trying to recoup other monies that we paid for such as parking at the airport, renting car and most of all ruined a family function that we had planned for months. Also vacation times were used and lost time for work has occurred and no vacation. I will never ever use this airline ever! where is the customer service, there is none, I hope that I get reimbursed, and I won't lose my $1000 that I paid for. I will also erase this company name from any of my contacts.
Routeburbank to idaho
Date FlownNovember 2022

"it is completely meaningless"

Not Verified | On November 11, 2022 I had (2) reservations to fly from Sarasota, FL to New Haven, CT. Upon arrival at the airport, there was not a single soul at the Avelo Check-in station. The tickets were booked on November 9, 2022. I tried to get e-mailed boarding passes immediately upon purchase on 11/9/2022. Avelo's preferred method of check-in through their website was not available on Wednesday 11/9/2022, Thursday 11/10/2022 or Friday 11/11/2022. Again, there was not a soul in site when we arrived at the Sarasota, FL (SRQ) airport at the Avelo desk at all for any help. We had been trying to check-in for three days with absolutely no luck. After waiting at their "customer lack of service desk" for a significant amount of time, we ran to the security check-in to see if we could get through using our IDs. Needless to say that was a joke. I waited on hold for a total of 1 Hour and 52 Minutes to be told that helping us find a flight out of an airport 3 hours South of us could be arranged for $700.00 more may or may not be an option. The CSR (that refused to give her CSR number) was downright rude and unhelpful, if not downright disrespectful. We are now not going to make it to our family reunion and are totally heartbroken. I wholeheartedly give this airline and their representatives an absolute ZERO for my review and will never recommend that anyone consider booking with them because it is completely meaningless. This is the first negative review that I have given in all of my 51 years.
RouteSarasota to New Haven
Date FlownNovember 2022

"No complaints. Super cheap"

Not Verified | No complaints. Super cheap. Direct flight. No delays. As you should expect, ones to pay for checked bags. Absolutely going to fly them again. Old plane, but Newport News airport is easy and everyone was nice.
RouteNewport News/Williamsburg to Orlando