Alaska Airlines

Alaska Airlines customer review

Flew from Honolulu to Newark return in First. Flew Alaska last year in first and was so impressed booked with them again. Great service and the meals are just some of the best I have had on a plane. Flights were on time except for a delay because of weather but that's flying for you. Cant blame the airline for that. The staff are helpful and polite. Love the small first class of only 16 seats. Makes it feel like being on a small business jet as very individual service. Again well done to Alaska and would fly with them again.

Alaska Airlines customer review

SJC-OGG SJC-LIH SAN-BOS return in F on relatively new 737-800 aircraft. While Alaska planes may not have the "bells and whistles" of JetBlue or Virgin America Alaska succeeds by running a very reliable operation offering a decent inflight product and friendly service. From Bay Area to Hawaii I was able to upgrade to First via online check-in for $100. Worth every penny! Check-in was fast and no charge for 2 bags. On board pre-flight beverages offered and menus were distributed. Mid-range wine choices but glasses were kept refilled throughout. The Alaskan Amber beer is quite good too. Breakfast served in 2 courses and Lunch/Dinner in 3 courses and the pace of service was quite relaxed. A snack later in the flight. Food and portions were very good on all flights. Crew were very polite and addressed passengers by last name. One FA even personally thanked each passenger for their business at the end. IFE consisted of a "digeplayer" providing a wide choice. The touchscreen worked well and the picture was clear although the sound quality will be much better if you bring your own headphones. F seats are basic domestic F but the extra width and legroom certainly make the upgrade worthwhile. Best part is their excellent on-time performance. I've only encountered 2 delays in the past 30+ flights.

Alaska Airlines customer review

We have been trying for two days to get to Fairbanks and have spent 15 hours in airports and not there yet. There has been delay after delay and none of them weather related. The delays and cancellations have all been maintenance and crew problems which seem to be a systemic problem with Alaska Airlines starting with their top management. This is Sunday and I tried to talk to a supervisor in the Anchorage Airport and was told that supervisors aren't available on Sunday.

Alaska Airlines customer review

Victoria - Seattle - Maui return in First Class. The service was impeccable and breakfast on the outbound flight was very good and spread out over a couple of hours which helped pass the time. Lunch on the inbound flight was equally good with a choice of sirloin steak or sweet and sour chicken. Frequent offers of alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages throughout the flights. Individual entertainment tablets with a wide range of films and TV shows. Attendants were very friendly and attentive. All the flights departed on time and arrived on time. This is the first time travelling on Alaska First Class and it was well worth the additional cost. My only disappointment was The Boardroom at Sea-Tac. It was pretty drab with a poor choice of food/snacks (both in the morning and early evening). It is certainly not worth $45 a visit. It is not a patch on Air Canada's Maple Leaf lounges.

Alaska Airlines customer review

LAX to DCA on May 23rd. Apart from one every other flight attendant was rude and scowled the whole trip. No greeting as we boarded the plane no follow through with promises to help provide first aid (or a simple bandaid after an injury) and no explanation for delays that occurred. The attendants seemed annoyed when customers asked for beverages when we were seemingly skipped. Overall this flight is miserable and the staff are far less pleasant than the attendants who work for foreign or even domestic airlines that I have flown with recently. Granted the lack of amenities on this older flight doesn't add much to the comfort of fl going across country but a pleasant attitude for the staff wouldn't hurt.

Alaska Airlines customer review

My flight from Honolulu to San Jose was delayed 2.5 hours today which made me miss my connecting flight to Atlanta. They then told me there were no flight tonight to the east coast yet while I was sitting with an employee waiting for new boarding passes for tomorrow a flight to New York was boarding right next to me. Not a full flight either! They changed my flight but then brought me outside to wait for a shuttle to a hotel. I was left on the curb with 5 suitcases and a duffel bag and waited an hour. I finally called the hotel and they told me the shuttle had stopped running at midnight. I ended up having to take a taxi to the hotel. The next day when I was boarding my new flight I had to pay to check my bags again. All in all I paid 60$ extra for re checking my bags a 15 dollar cab and absolutely no sleep. They had absolutely horrible customer service and late flights.

Alaska Airlines customer review

After a very unsatisfying flight on Delta from ATL to SEA it was a privilege to board our Alaska Airlines flight to ANC. Not only the extra legroom and comfort of the aircraft but the excellent cabin crew made me forget the horrible service Delta had just delivered.

Alaska Airlines customer review

Round trip SAN/PVR April 4-12. Alaska's first is more of a "light first". Seats and legroom just so so. Same pasta dish on both legs served along side a small salad. No roll butter or dessert. Flight attendants on both legs were great they seemed embarrassed about the meal quality but kept drinks flowing and were very pleasant. Both flights on time. Travelled on BA award tickets.

Alaska Airlines customer review

ANC to RNO with stop in SEA. I must admit that I was pleased with Alaska and Horizon Air in both directions. I flew their 737/8 on the way down and the 900 model on return. Planes were clean service was much better than I have had in the past. If they keep it up I may end up with them again soon. Good job and a decent price for what I received.

Alaska Airlines customer review

I flew from SEA to PHX the flight was great the ground staff and inflight staff very accommodating. They give out free snacks and a choice to purchase a inflight meal/snack. I will be flying Alaska Airlines again.