Alaska Airlines

"became a 10 hour ordeal"

Not Verified | Horrible. The bathrooms broke, delaying the flight. Then we had to divert and land in a different city because the bathrooms broke again. Everyone missed connections, and a 6 hour flight became a 10 hour ordeal.
RouteTampa to Seattle
Date FlownAugust 2022

"appreciate the level of customer service"

Not Verified | Had a flight snafu with Priceline and my original return flight was changed to an earlier time and I missed the email notification. When I showed up at Portland to board what I thought was a 1:55 flight I couldn’t print my boarding pass, and worked with Will at assistance. He was absolutely fantastic and worked with me to get me on a later flight and back home the same day. Really appreciate the level of customer service.
RoutePortland to Los Angeles
Date FlownJuly 2022

"no improvement has been seen for months"

Trip Verified | This airline can’t get out of its own way. Cancellation s and delayed flights are routine. Unable to plan a trip that depends on any arrival time. They’re very apologetic but no improvement has been seen for months.
RouteSacramento to Portland via Anchorage
Date FlownAugust 2022

"bait and switch scam"

Trip Verified | San Diego to Kansas City via Dallas. Alaska Airlines is operating a bait and switch scam. You book through Alaska and expect to fall under their polices but they share flights with American Airlines. As an active duty military member this makes a big difference for me. Alaska doesn’t charge military for overweight bags but American does. I was forced to pay extra fees to an airline that I DID NOT BOOK WITH! I purposely chose an airline so that I could have an overweight bag. Both airlines point fingers at each other but neither is willing to remedy the problem.
RouteSan Diego to Kansas City via Dallas
Date FlownJuly 2022

"I will never fly with Alaska again"

Not Verified | I will never fly with Alaska again. After being delayed for four hours, my flight was canceled because of a problem with the hydrolic system. That's fine, it happens. However, when I asked to rebook, the agent told me she couldn't get me onto any flights until two days later. This was simply not true. I could show her on my phone five flights to the same destination the next day. I could hear e ery other agent book passengers to the same destination with the same party size the next morning. When I asked her why other agents were able to book passengers, the agent was very rude and rolled her eyes at me. Passengers after me in other lines were able to book flights as well, but the agent told everyone in her line she wasn't able to rebook them. This is the second time in a month Alaska has messed up my travel plans. They have joined Spirit on my "never again" list
RouteAustin to Boise
Date FlownJuly 2022

"we're never flying Alaska again, I'm sticking with Southwest"

Trip Verified | Alaska Airlines lost 4 customers with how they handled their affairs. My partner's 10 year old son and his friend / guardian were supposed to fly out of PDX, after visiting us for two weeks, on July 13th for a 10 am flight. After they boarded, everyone on the flight got the run around as to why they were delayed and then had to get off the flight and got rebooked for the following day, July 14th for 3pm. For some reason they were told to get off the plane but their luggage somehow made it to Seattle, which was an absolute nightmare because my partners son doesn't live with us, nor his friend, so they didn't have anything as to clothes or toiletries for the next day, except whatever they were wearing. My partner's friend and son waited about 6 hours after the supposed initial take off at the airport due to the delays, with three of those hours getting the run around as to where their luggage is. My partner had to leave work to go pick them up. I get on the phone with Alaska that evening after work to try to find out where their bags are and to get compensation for the whole deal. We told Alaska to not send it back to Portland if they weren't able to get it that night, to just send it to Albuquerque, which they reassured us. They gave us a $50 voucher for each to get underwear, socks, and stuff for the night and told us to call customer care in the morning. I called customer care in the morning and the lady was just God awful, no help what so ever. I asked for a refund on the $60 luggage fee since they didn't get have their luggage and thought that was a fair compensation. We were told Alaska doesn't do refunds and put me back on the phone with baggage. Baggage reassured us that the bags would be in Albuquerque when they landed. Well they landed in Albuquerque to find out that their luggage was sent back to Portland and they will fly it back to deliver it later to their address sometime this week or next week. Seriously? First Alaska delayed their flight until the next day, gave us the run around and we lost work hours, can't give us a straight story on the luggage claim, and when we ask just for the a refund on the $60 luggage fee they so no, we don't do refunds but here's a $50 voucher for a future flight. How about no, we are never flying Alaska Airlines again. I flew Southwest last year and my flight was delayed 4 hours, they gave me a $100 voucher without even asking. Seriously Alaska? You messed up hardcore with the flight being reschedule and losing their luggage and all that was compensated was a $50 voucher with the worst customer service? Yeah, we're never flying Alaska again, I'm sticking with Southwest, they've never done me dirty. I'd give Alaska a zero rating if I could.
RoutePortland to Albuquerque
Date FlownJuly 2022

"not allow me to use the restroom"

Not Verified | My husband and I paid $2,500 for premium seats to fly from Seattle to Ohio. During the flight, I needed to use the restroom badly. We were seated approximately 2 to 3 rows from first class. Therefore, the first class restroom was much closer than the main cabin restrooms. I was willing to use the main cabin restroom, and I had used the main cabin restroom previously. This one time, though, there was an excessive line. I have a bladder issue, unfortunately, and waiting in line to use the restroom would have been difficult as I was in pain. So, I went to try to use the first class restroom. When I attempted to use the first class restroom, I was met with resistance by the stewardesses in that the stewardesses would not allow me to use the restroom. The flight attendant stood in front of me and stated “ the bathroom is in the back.” I explained to both how I have a bladder issue and I am in need to use the bathroom. They both stated I am not in first class and that I need to go use the bathroom in the back. I explained that there is a long time and I was unable to wait due to my pain. She shrugged her shoulders and stated I was not in first class and I cannot use that bathroom. They had no empathy and put arbitrary rules above a passenger’s physical well being.
RouteOhio to Seattle
Date FlownJune 2022

"frustrating and stressed situation"

Trip Verified | On our way to takeoff plane was brought back to the gate and had us deplane due to some works to be done. it took them several hours so needless to say we missed our connecting flight. Replaced it wirh another plane which also had to be repaired. Their planes or maintenance crew are below par putting us commuters in a frustrating and stressed situation
AircraftA319/320
RouteLas Vegas to Los Angeles
Date FlownJuly 2022

"kicked out of the premium seats we had paid for"

Trip Verified | Booked a family trip in January. 2 Adults and two Kids. Alaska airlines opted to combine two flights into 1. My family was kicked out of the premium seats we had paid for, and where dispersed throughout the plane. After spending an hour on the phone with the airline, we are all together on our return flight (not in premium) But our outbound flight still has our children separated from us, but in premium. The only help the airline offered is for us to talk with the gate agent and hope that someone is willing to swap. We where never notified of out seats being changed. If I had not been a proactive person, we would not have found out we where dispersed through the plane till we arrived.
RouteSeattle to St Petersburg
Date FlownJuly 2022

"crew were very lovely and friendly"

Trip Verified | I flew from HNL-ANC and from ANC-SEA, both were on B737. First leg was a brand new aircraft however when arriving at HNL airport there was a very long queue as their computers were not working and they didn’t have a separate line for first class which eventually they asked us to go to a desk where an employee helped us with an iPad. This by far was the most chaotic check in I ever encountered. Flight was nice and they served a nice meal however with an over night flight they didn’t even offer a pillow or blanket. 2nd leg was an old B737 however crew were very lovely and friendly which made it a nice flight. Overall a nice airline and I’ll use them again in my future flights in US.
Seat TypeFirst Class