Alaska Airlines

"Absolutely horrid experience"

Not Verified | Absolutely horrid experience, terrible customer service. Lost Luggage for more than 3 Months. Don't ever waste your money with Alaska Airlines. Alaska Airlines lost our 3 bags on December 22, 2022. It's been 3 Months, and nothing has been done. We filed a claim in person and online, followed up in person, and have spent many hours on the phone every single week for the last 3 months only to be mistreated and to hear that Alaska Airlines don't take responsibility for their acts. My Family and I were left without clothes, lost many valuable Personal items and expensive gifts bought for Family members. We trusted our luggage to Alaska Airlines, paid for Trip Insurance, have the Baggage Claim tickets, and still are getting no help and being treated as we don't matter.
RouteSan Francisco to New York
Date FlownDecember 2022

"Flight attendants are pretty good"

Not Verified | As a first-time flyer, this definitely was a nice introduction to fast travel by airplane. Pros, then cons. Pros 1) Flight boarding time is usually delayed cause airport security or passenger offloading, so if you've arrived with barely an hour to get to the terminal after going through TSA and boarding pass first, you should reasonably make it. 2) Flight attendants are pretty good about making you comfortable 3) Tolerable wait times for taxiing and whatnot. Cons 1) The twin-engine plane (Boeing 737, I believe) economy seating is just enough to be problematic for anyone who has claustrophobia. Additionally, the fold-out for laptops is only big enough for the PC; you want to use a mouse, well, need to use another fold-out on your right. 2) If want additional elbow room, first-class ticket is necessary 3) Lavatories are small enough that anyone significantly fat will feel cramped. I'm skinny, and anyone who's taken care of his/her body should be able to use them without difficulty.
RouteSeattle to St. Louis
Date FlownFebruary 2023

"We were treated very well"

Not Verified | My wife an I were coming home from a fantastic vacation, during which I severely injured my left leg. We were treated very well on Alaska Air, but Bethany took exceptionally great care of us. I was unable to remain seated due to my injury and she and the other flight attendants made sure that I was as comfortable as possible for the entire flight.
RouteSeaTac to Puerto Vallarta
Date FlownDecember 2022

"Been on hold for 6 hours"

Not Verified | Been on hold for 6 hours, booking 7 1200$ tickets and the website continues to have issue after issue. It’s like you have the audacity to want to travel these days. Alaska airlines used to be amazing, and generally once on board the flight attendants are good and all is well but the entire process from buying tickets to check in is ungodly now a days. God forbid luggage gets lost they also act like it’s your fault. If I didn’t live here I wouldn’t be flying with them, but the free bags as residents keeps me going.
RouteFairbanks to Arizona
Date FlownOctober 2022

"What a horrible experience"

Trip Verified | Never flying this airline again. Late both going to Columbus and the connecting flight returning to Oakland. Going to Columbus we were delayed and sent to another gate, only to return to the same gate we came from an hour later. On the return trip, I had to run with carry on and laptop from gate N to gate D with minutes to spare to make my flight. Also all the passengers on the return flight from CMH to Columbus had to have an additional security check at the gate - a full body pat down - before boarding the flight. What a horrible experience! One I will never repeat.
RouteOakland to Columbus via Seattle
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"Not a great airline at all"

Trip Verified | Terrible attitude from the lady at 11am at gate D6. Plane was uncomfortable and the flight attendants did the bare minimum and could use some classes in being better to people. No entertainment, no snacks. Tiny bathrooms. Not a great airline at all.
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"flight attendants did the bare minimum"

Not Verified | Terrible attitude from the lady at 11am at gate D6. Plane was uncomfortable and the flight attendants did the bare minimum and could use some classes in being better to people. No entertainment, no snacks. Tiny bathrooms. Not a great airline at all.
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"Terrible and so disappointed"

Trip Verified | Flight was delayed, they tried to move our seats even though we paid to sit together. Told the woman at the D6 gate at 11AM and she tells me to calm down and saying “whatever” under her breath. Nastiest woman in the airport. The flight attendants on board are the same way. They treat their customers like garbage and delay flights. Never again will I fly with this company. Worst experience and unprofessional staff . Terrible and so disappointed. There was no reason to treat people who pay money to fly with you like that.
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"last time I will fly with Alaska Airlines"

Not Verified | Arrived at PDX 2 hours prior to departure, booking in took over 1 hour. The person who booked us in was nice and apologised for the delay, I had an extra case I wished to pay for the confusion and stupidity of the process was ridiculous. When trying to pay the excessive cost my credit card was not accepted so my daughter who was with me and lives in Portland tried to pay with hers neither of hers where excepted. The person try to fix issue spoke to her supervise who was rude and useless. She had the audacity to query whether we had enough money to which my daughter was very insulted. My daughter was then told to go to a machine enter money get a card to pay this also did not work. Then the assistance asked us to wait while she went to more senior person who organised payment with daughters card. Then finally finishing the paper work I was asked was I an Australian citizen even though born here and have and Australian passport. Then I had to quickly say goodbye to my daughter and go to gate. This was my 10th trip to Portland and every time issues when booking in with Alaska another time book assistance took my passport went to back with it which I did not like and was told by customs Australia never to let passport leave my sight. It is the last time I will fly with Alaska Airlines due to this experience. I was told I would receive some compensation for the stuff up or my daughter would as she gave her email address when asked. I will be sending this email to qantas to as part of star alliance with Alaska.
RoutePortland to Los Angeles
Date FlownJanuary 2023

"6 days and counting to get bag delivered"

Not Verified | On a direct flight cannot get the bags for the customers on the flight given 2 hours to get it through TSA security. Then, upon getting the bag delivered 12 hours later, takes 6 days and counting, to get a bag delivered to the customer who lives 2 hours away from the destination.
RouteSeattle to Houston