Alaska Airlines

"kindness and professionalism"

Not Verified | I regret I didn't get any names, but all of the ladies working at the Alaskan airlines terminal in Kalispell Montana on August 11th and 12 th were amazing!! I was extremely disappointed that I wasn't able to go home as planned on the 11th due to aircraft troubles, but everybody was so accommodating and set me up with a room for the night, and meal vouchers for the next day. The ladies recognized me immediately when I came in the following morning and even asked me how my stay was. I was very impressed by the kindness and professionalism that everyone displayed.
RouteKalispell to Kahului
Date FlownAugust 2020

"asked to be refunded the difference in fare"

Trip Verified | The flight experience itself was fine. However the customer service from their reservations/customer care departments was worthless. My flight was cancelled and consolidated to a different itinerary. When I had booked my flight I had considered the other itinerary, but chose a more expensive one because it was more convenient for my schedule. When my flight was rescheduled I asked to be refunded the difference in fare. It was only $31 difference per passenger, but it was still cheaper. They refused to refund me the difference in fare. If I had known I was going to have to fly the cheaper itinerary I would have booked that in the first place and saved myself the money. This may seem petty, arguing over $31, but it is the principle that matters, plus I had 7 travelers in my party, so it added up, when multiplied by all the members of my family. You would think Alaska would want to satisfy their customers, rather than infuriate them over $31. Next time I take a family trip I will take my $3,000 to another airline I can trust to make things right with their customers.
RouteSalt Lake City to Anchorage via Seattle
Date FlownJuly 2020

"Alaska was so accommodating"

Trip Verified | Had a credit from a canceled flight in June 2020 when the pandemic was in full force. We were worried that we would lose our $ and miles but Alaska was so accommodating and put the cash in our “wallet” and refunded the miles. Just flew down from SF to SD and even though it was a very few number of passengers, the airport and in flight team went above and beyond making us feel safe, explained all rules and regulations clearly and were pleasant and positive! I’ve always chosen Alaska and will continue to do so in the future. Please let the crew on my flight know they are doing amazing jobs considering the current circumstances.
RouteSan Francisco to San Diego
Date FlownAugust 2020

"not offered the additional features"

Not Verified | My wife and I paid additional fees for "Premium Seating" and was not offered the additional features that are listed to come with this feature. Premium Class is a product that is offered on select flights. Premium Class seats come with the following amenities: 4 inches of extra legroom Priority boarding Complimentary cocktails, hand-selected wine, and beer (where beverage service is normally served) We did not get priority boarding and did not receive any cocktails. We were served water and a limited choice of juice and soda. If this is the case, then why the additional charge? Remove the "complimentary cocktails" section out of the premium seating description. That is false information and misleading passengers in order to pay the additional fees.
RouteReno to Seattle
Date FlownJuly 2020

"not caring about the customer"

Not Verified | Due to Covid-19 my flight from Anchorage was changed which is understandable, a lot has had to change. However when I got to ANA I was told I did not have a seat on the flight they changed my earlier flight to. I had a seat on my connecting flight in Seattle but flight AS106 out of Anchorage was full, without me, even though they were the ones that changed my flight. So they booked me on yet another flight, 3 hrs later. I was told to check at the gate if there was a no show on the earlier flight (AS106) if so I could get on. Well there was a seat available, but the young man at the gate would not let me have the seat. So the plane left with an empty seat and I had to wait another 3 hours for the next flight. This is some of the worst customer service I have very experienced. I do understand that there are problems brought on by covid but this was brought on by people not caring about the customer. It only gets worse. I just received a text telling me AS106 is delayed by 25 minutes. Why am I getting a text if I am not suppose to be on that flight?
RouteANA to SEA via GEG

"avoid Alaska Airlines"

Not Verified | Worst airline in the past 10 years! I understand that these times are difficult for everyone. My flight was changed by the airlines at least 7 times by the airlines in a 2 month period. I get it. The problem was that I was never contacted by the airlines to see how these changes worked with my schedule. There were 5 people traveling together to a remote Alaskan fishing lodge with a tight schedule and limited access to this isolated facility. These changes were never communicated to me or asked which option benefited me rather than the airline random movement. I had also misplaced my driver’s license upon arrival in Seattle for a long layover before continuing to my final destination. I contacted TSA to make I would have the needed material for departure and satisfied them. When I contacted Alaskan to make sure we were good, I was told it would be an additional $200 expense since they had to add two additional sentences to my ticket. This is only a chance to grab more money. I refused to pay and ultimately got on the plane. This was nothing more than an attempt by Alaska Airline to “stick it” to their clients when it was not even necessary. On the return home flight, we had a 45 minute lay over in Seattle between connections. We landed on time and could not get the gate because a plane was at the gate. We let the flight attendant know that we had 5 people making a tight connection and another party of 15 was also trying to make a tight connection to Sacramento. Once we made it off the plane and to a neighboring gate, the Alaska Airlines flight was at the gate and not pulled away. They refused to let us on our flight and would not let us speak to a supervisor. The other group had the flight held for them and made their connection. There was never any effort by Alaskan to provide services to their clients, but rather they did what benefited the airlines only. Custom service, I felt is not a priority for Alaska Airlines. I will go out of my way to avoid Alaska Airlines and suggest anyone else that is booking, BEWARE!
RoutePhoenix to Petersburg
Date FlownJune 2020

"the rest of the crew was top notch as well"

Not Verified | First off let me say that, in my opinion, Alaska is trying hard during these unusual times. My route changed from BWI direct to SEA to PIT then on to SEA. This was not a big deal as we landed, a few folks got off and a few got on. The flight was only about 45 minutes and we were on the ground less than 20. The crew told us to please wear your masks at all times except when eating or drinking and everyone complied. I was moved up to First, one row in front of where I had been sitting. The service was fine but the "food" left a lot to be desired. It was some sort of small box with not much in the way of food inside. As I recall there were chips, crackers, smoked creamy cheese and small salami pieces within. I managed to eat it all but did enjoy the wine with it. The First Class FA made the trip very enjoyable. After serving everyone, she came and sat with me for a little while and we shared our love of aviation over the years. From what I saw, the rest of the crew was top notch as well. The pilots got us to SEA a little early and I then relaxed in the Alaska Lounge for two hours before catching the flight home to ANC. No problems noted as that crew was professional and we were well cared for. All in all, I still enjoy this airline and eventually when all these troubles are over, it will then be able to provide their old, reliable level of service which they were known for. I do look forward to that.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteBaltimore to Anchorage via Pittsburgh and Seattle
Date FlownJuly 2020

"profits over customer safety"

Trip Verified | Most of us appreciate the fact that during this pandemic we live with uncertainty and risk. I accept this, but take reasonable precautions to stay safe. With this in mind I choose Alaska for a recent flight from Portland to Orange County. My risk analysis was heavily influenced by the airline’s stated policy that passengers would be seated with an open seat next them, thereby significantly reducing the density of people, and creating more space between passengers. Separate seats were booked for myself and three other family members. We were all a bit nervous about the prospect of being in a confined space with strangers during Covid times, but took solace in the promise that the airline had a safety policy of spacing people and reducing overall passenger density. I calculated that my family’s “bubble” would be a space of four rows (the plane has two seats per row). We’d each have the option of sitting adjacent to the window, with an empty seat between us and the aisle. Imagine my disappointment when the boarding agent scanned my ticket and informed me that our seats were changed. Alaska had unilaterally decided that we were a group that must be packed in side by side. This was the case for many other travelers on this plane. Mandatory reseating. End result: a very full plane, zero personal space for those sitting in the aisle, more people impacting the restroom, more people in line, more hands on the fixtures, more risk for my family. And one more thing: more profit for Alaska Airlines. My decision to take this flight was a calculated risk. I weighed the facts based on what I thought was an honest agreement between me and the airlines regarding personal space and overall airplane density. I feel duped. When boarding, I told the agent we do not want to be reseated in a tighter cluster. The response: “sorry sir, we need to make room for more people”. Thank you Alaska for reorienting me on your company’s policy: profits over customer safety. I appreciate that airlines are struggling more than most businesses to financially survive the COVID crisis. But I do not appreciate being mislead. Airlines have a responsibility for their customer’s safety, and a moral responsibility to honest and transparent when communicating their policies. Alaska Airlines has lost my trust.
RoutePortland to Santa Ana
Date FlownJuly 2020

"been at the airport all day"

Trip Verified | For a long time i enjoyed flying on Alaska, as a military member they always came through for me and got to the point that is all i fly. However on this current trip, I am wondering how in the heck they are still in operation. To start my flight from sac to sea was changed then my returning flight was changed to the time i specifically told the agent on the phone would not work, after a 24+ hold, (they did call back) i was able to get it changed. Come the day of travel my flights both from my original starting point and my layover kept getting moved back! Alaska figure it out, total flight time is under 2 hours yet, I have been at the airport all day.
RouteSacramento to Portland via Seattle
Date FlownJuly 2020

"Wouldn’t want to book with Alaska again"

Trip Verified | July 1st, I got to the airport an hour and a half before my flight. Couldn’t Check-in at the kiosk because my reservation wasn’t found, it said to talk to an agent. No agent was available until an hour later. Calling customer service was a 2-3 hours wait, texting is 40 minutes wait and the agent wasn’t very helpful. My flight was completely cancelled, as in it doesn’t exist anymore and they couldn’t find any flight for me until July 3rd. I needed to be in Austin ASAP for a wedding, can’t wait 2 days later. The next best thing was to leave from San Francisco airport, 2 hours away, the next day. It was horrible, no notice of flight cancellation, no compensation for all the trouble. Reading the reviews, this seems a regular occurrence. Wouldn’t want to book with Alaska again.
RouteSacramento to Austin via Seattle