Alaska Airlines

"never ever again Alaska"

Trip Verified | This airline is a joke. I’ll never book a flight with them again. We had a flight from lax to Newark and we waited on taxi mode for 1h20 min. Now that we’re trying to go back home they just postpone take off the time. Also, i asked the girl at the gate to change my son’s seat because we had a car seat and didn’t want to be separated. And without asking if that was ok, she moved us from row 18 to row 32. She did that without asking. This is not ok. As I’m writing this, the plane is two hours late. As i said, never ever again Alaska. And ps: they don’t have any screens on their planes for flights longer than 5hours.
RouteNewark to Los Angeles
Date FlownDecember 2021

"Alaska you are the worst"

Not Verified | Promised early boarding if they checked some of our carry-on luggage. Against my better judgment and gut feeling, and being assured it would arrive with me. Nearly 2 hours later at IAH they are trying to find my and others luggage. Ticketing agent was extremely rude, to me and everyone who was there. Someone is on the way, yea right. So no luggage, rude people, having to walk out on the tarmac to board an airplane like eons ago. I will never fly Alaska again. Full Stop! Another place will describe the very dirty dysfunction IAH Airport. Bathrooms down right nasty. I needed my carry on. Going to a hospital here. Need my things for my stay. Alaska you are the worst.
RouteBoise to Houston via Seattle
Date FlownDecember 2021

"extremely patient and helpful"

Trip Verified | Review is for customer service person, Rafael. Four friends and I needed extensive help to use credit we had from a cancelled 2020 reservation. Rafael from customer service office was extremely patient and helpful. He walked me through multiple steps (including registering for a mileage plan, finding each icon on the website I needed to click on in order to enter credit data and reservation data. He explained the difference between a confirmation number, a certificate code, a certificate pin number, etc. He never lost his temper even though he needed to repeat himself multiple times, and waited for me to complete each step to ensure I was inputting everything properly and navigating to the next step successfully. This took a considerable amount of time, but in the end I was able to rebook our flight for the 5 of us for April 4th from LAX to Portland and return April 10 (on first class) which would not have been possible without Rafael's assistance. No wonder you have him in customer service. He promotes excellence, efficiency and customer-centered service for Alaska Airlines. We are grateful for Rafael. I hope you feel the same way from your excellent employee.
RouteLos Angeles to Portland

"terrible customer service"

Trip Verified | Baggage service misplaced our bags, no apologies just jokes. Took one and a half hours to rectify. Agent in Baggage services has no business being a supervisor anywhere. The customer service rep just sat and ignored me, terrible customer service.
RouteSeattle to Phoenix
Date FlownDecember 2021

"they wouldn’t help us in any sort of way"

Not Verified | The worst costumer service I have experienced flying, we had a horrible experience with our flights. First they changed our flight dates and times 20 times, without a warning or a call. Then on our last flight returning home, we arrive to check-in our bag 1 minute late and they wouldn’t late us get checked in and they made us miss our flight. It’s a policy of the airline so we sort of understood. However the person behind the counter + the manager treated us so badly, they spoke to us in a loud and sassy tone that it was unacceptable. Not only they spoke rudely to us, they wouldn’t help us in any sort of way. We had to wait +10 hours to try to get into another flight which they couldn’t even guarantee until the last minute of the flight boarding. When we went to ask the people on the desk about information on the flight they where even more rude than the ones in the morning. They brushed us off several times, and they even told me not to bother them again with any questions, when of course we were worried it was 1 am with nowhere to stay to sleep if we weren’t able to catch the flight. Not only that, after they kept us with the intrigue of waiting we where finally able to get in the flight. The pilot was horrible, the flight moved like a blender and a lot of passengers were scared, I have been in other flights where the pilot apologizes for the movement and warned in advance for what was coming, everything was taken by a surprise. Also if you ever fly with this airline on a 7 hour flight they won’t pass anything more than a cracker and sell you a cold nasty plate of fruit and cheese so be ready to bring snacks and food. On our flight to Alaska we did 7 hours from Miami to Seattle without any food then when we arrived to Seattle it was 11pm and everything was closed. Then we had to take a 4h flight to anchorage and arrive at 2 am with everything closed.
RouteMiami to Anchorage
Date FlownNovember 2021

"an unacceptable way to treat people"

Not Verified | I will never fly this airline again. This was the worst flying experience I ever had. They made us wait at the gate for 2 hours. Then at midnight cancelled our flight. They had 2 people at the desk to help about 300. I called customer service as I waited and after holding for an hour I got someone to help me on the phone. She advised that I can either let them rebook me in the airport or she can issue a refund and I can rebook my own travel. Since there were several hundred people in front of me I asked if I could rebook my own travel and have AA put me in a hotel foe the night since at this point it was 2am. She said she can refund me and I need to continue to wait on the line and will receive a hotel voucher. I waited till my turn at 3.30am. When I was helped the agent issued my hotel voucher. Then I asked about my refund and she proceeded to cancel my hotel reservation telling me they don’t give vouchers if you received a refund. When I explained I followed exactly what the customer service agent told me to do she ignored me and continued to repeat the same thing. I had to find and pay for my own hotel and taxis. This is offensive and an unacceptable way to treat people. If you cancel a flight at midnight thereby leaving you clearly stranded, the airline who stranded you and then advised you to get a refund should put you in a hotel. This is basic human decency.
RouteSan Diego to New York
Date FlownNovember 2021

"Horrible experience with customer service"

Not Verified | What a joke of an airline. I showed up to my flight and the flight was cancelled with no notification and no one at the counter to talk to. Horrible experience with customer service from start to finish. Go elsewhere.
RouteBozeman to Portland
Date FlownNovember 2021

"cancel the service you paid for"

Not Verified | We booked a flight for 2:55pm, then we changed it to a refundable 1st class ticket for 9:00am. Later, Alaska airlines cancelled that flight and tried to move us to a flight that wouldn't put us at our destination in time. so we had to cancel the flight outright however, Alaska Airlines only refunded $80.00 per ticket and put the remaining $1100.00 in a "wallet" which we wont be able to use before it expires. So they offer a service, then cancel the service you paid for, then keep your money. this was going to be our first time flying Alaska but to be treated like this? We will never fly Alaska Airlines.
Seat TypeFirst Class
Date FlownJuly 2021

"not be using Alaska Airlines again"

Trip Verified | Stewardesses have been extremely rude to myself, the persons in the seats next to me, & a person in front of me in seat 6a. I am in seat 7C. The stewardess shoved the persons arm away in seat 7b when he was attempting to toss garbage out. The stewardess had a tag on her back & when I told her about it & tried to remove for her she “snapped” at me for trying to remove it. Also a 6 hour flight with no entertainment? I paid for internet service which was an inconvenience considering there should be in-flight entertainment which when booking my tickets it stated there would be. I will more than likely not be using Alaska Airlines again because of the rude service.
RouteOrlando to Seattle
Date FlownNovember 2021

"flight arrived very late and we nearly missed our next flight"

Trip Verified | Our flight arrived very late and we nearly missed our next flight. Then our bags didn't show up. I shudder to think what would've happened if we missed our next flight as we had the last flight to our destination for the day. Would a hotel and meals have been paid for by Alaska or would we be out of luck? Also, the baggage fee was an unpleasant surprise. We had flight credit which should've taken care of this fee but nope!
RouteCharleston to Seattle via Spokane