Alaska Airlines

"lack of sympathy"

Not Verified | Tampa to Seattle. We can't print out the boarding pass through the machine. We were told to go to the counter. The lady at the counter refused to print the boarding pass with my confirmation code. She requested all the family to physically be at the counter. I have explained my parents are old. I prefer not to ask them to go up and down the stairs. But the reason she gave is that you are pretty early, they have enough time to move to the counter. I am shocked by this kind of lack of sympathy for the senior people. It is Alaska's fault that the machine can't print the pass, but my parents need to pay for that fault. Is this fair?
RouteTampa to Seattle
Date FlownOctober 2019

"Once seated I dare not move"

Not Verified | Detroit to Seattle. I am 6’9” tall. I weigh in at 300+ lbs and disabled. I am not obese by any means. I’m tall and wide! The seating arrangements are so tight, so as to make me wedged into my seat. Once seated I dare not move. My Wife, (and travel partner) is rather petite and fits well into her seat. The problem is the person on the other side. The width of my shoulders tends to encroach into my neighbors area. I have no choice! I am what I am. I am unable to remove any part of my body to accommodate the person seated next to me. When I called Alaska Airlines and tried to discuss this, the only option I was offered was to purchase a second seat. This is not financially possible. This is the issue that comes up when you cram as many seats as possible into a limited space. On our return flight, I can guarantee there will be similar issues. Please let me apologize in advance for any and all discomfort I cause to my fellow travelers as well as any burden or bad publicity that falls on Alaska Airlines. There is one more option. What would the cost be to upgrade my Wife and I to first class seating? I’m not sure this is a financially sound option for us, but I just thought I would think about it before I showed up to gate.
RouteDetroit to Seattle
Date FlownOctober 2019

"flight attendants clearly hated their jobs"

Not Verified | Boston to Seattle. This is the worst cross country flight I’ve ever had. I’ve flown just about every airline and I can’t believe Alaska charges for everything but soft drinks. When you’re flying a 6 hour flight shouldn’t they throw in pretzels or peanuts for goodness sake? The flight attendants clearly hated their jobs, they were snappy and short tempered. They even charge for a tablet to watch tv! I will not fly Alaska Airlines again.
RouteBoston to Seattle
Date FlownOctober 2019

"never be flying Alaska Airlines again"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Salt Lake City. Had a 6 hour lay over that was delayed but an extra 2 hours. This whole terminal in Los Angeles is full of delayed Alaska Airlines flights. They keep placing other flights at higher priority over ours because they are that far behind. And even when you get in the flight the seats are uncomfortable, poor drinks, service is fine but the flight just seems to take hours longer than it really does due to no entertainment options. Poor WiFi options. I’ll never be flying with Alaska Airlines again.
RouteLos Angeles to Salt Lake City
Date FlownOctober 2019

"assigned seat in Premium Economy"

Trip Verified | Flew round-trip from Los Angeles to Seattle on Alaska Airlines Basic Economy. I was assigned a window seat on Boeing 737-900 from L.A. to Seattle. Smooth flight with 1 hour of free wifi courtesy of T-Mobile. There was no seat-back IFE on this flight, and playing movies on Alaska's mobile app isn't very straightforward. On the return flight, the Alaska Airline's gate agent was super friendly. Agent called up my name and said that he noticed that I was flying roundtrip with same day flights, so assigned me a seat in Premium Economy with more legroom. The flight from Seattle to L.A. was on A320 previously operated by Virgin America. The overall experience on Virgin America-configured A320 was far superior to Alaska's traditional B737.
AircraftBoeing 737 / A320
RouteLos Angeles to Seattle

"Happy flying with them"

Trip Verified | Los Angeles to Portland. Loved the seating and legroom. they also provide movies, water and the cabin crew are friendly. loved the airplane interior as well. Happy flying with them.
RouteLos Angeles to Portland
Date FlownOctober 2019

"we still haven't left the gate"

Trip Verified | Seattle to Tampa with Alaska Airlines. Five hours and we still haven't left the gate. Few updates and the crew is getting irascible, I can't wait to spend six more hours with them in the air.
RouteSeattle to Tampa
Date FlownSeptember 2019

"seating parents away from minor children"

Trip Verified | Maui to Seattle. I was seated separately to my 8 and 9 year old sons on our return from Hawaii. Rising only three times to get my kids food, clean up spilt water and assist with the bathroom, the passenger next to me complained that I was bothering her enjoyment of the flight. An Alaska Airline flight attendant told me that I must stay in my seat and that I was being a nuisance. The safety risk and real nuisance is Alaska Airlines seating parents away from minor children.
RouteMaui to Seattle
Date FlownAugust 2019

"really appreciate the Alaska crew"

Trip Verified | Seattle to Anchorage via Juneau. Our connection flight at Juneau, AK was canceled due to mechanical problem, therefore we missed our Cruise boarding at Anchorage, AK. The crew at Juneau international Airport was so courtesy and kind enough to deal with the cruise line so we could board the ship at its next calling port. And they also arranged a flight from Juneau, AK, local accommodation and food. Their service was supervisor, especially after we were literally 'dumped' by Delta Air, because it started when Delta failed to make proper arrangements when the originated flight delayed 4 hours, and we missed the connection flight at Salt Lake City, we had to purchase our own tickets for the remaining trip to Anchorage, AK to catch our Cruise. I really appreciate the Alaska crew at the Juneau Airport for helping.
RouteSeattle to Anchorage via Juneau
Date FlownAugust 2019

"they lacked the professionalism"

Trip Verified | 1 hour and 20 minute flight from San Francisco to Las Vegas in First Class. I was expecting a service akin to British Airways Club Europe or Lufthansa Business Class. In fact the only service offered was drinks and a snack which consisted of a chocolate bar! Crew were polite, but as is typical of crew from the US, they lacked the professionalism, refinement and finesse of crews from elsewhere in the world.
Seat TypeFirst Class