Alaska Airlines

"Disappointing airline"

Not Verified | Disappointing airline. I’m MVP Gold. Constantly attempt to redeem all my complementary upgrade codes only to be continually told “there are no available seats for upgrade.” Need to wait until the end of the year and find a new airline to commit to.
RouteSeattle to Baltimore
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"be the last time I fly with Alaska"

Not Verified | I take this flight because it’s the only direct flight from OKC to SEA. Recently my husband left for boot camp and I bought tickets back in July for November since they’re cheaper then. Called today to ask to change my husbands name to mine so our 6 year old is not flying alone and they said we will refund a portion of his and you can rebuy your ticket; but you’re tickets will not be together. So my daughter will possibly fly alone? This will be the last time I fly with Alaska and we will be using other airlines to go back to see family from now on.
RouteSeattle to Oklahoma City
Date FlownJuly 2021

"they stuff me in a middle seat "

Trip Verified | Every time I fly with Alaska Airlines they stuff me in a middle seat between large, rude people, who give me no space, trigger severe anxiety attacks, and make my flights uncomfortable. This time, I followed a friend's advice, and asked about changing seats or upgrading, and was refused. Covid is still real, quit stuffing people in these planes like sardines, or you are just contributing to the spread of the virus.
RouteSeattle to Denver
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"Treatment of customers has gone way down"

Not Verified | Treatment of customers has gone way down. If you want to pay a high price to be treated like a hostage go ahead and book with Alaska Airlines. Stewardesses are just shy of blatantly rude and customer service at the gate couldn't be bothered to ask a question. Her rolling eyes and sarcasm spoke volumes about her career satisfaction. I will not fly with this airline again.
RouteAnchorage to Nashville via Seattle
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"Alaska seems to have lost a little quality"

Trip Verified | Alaska seems to have lost a little quality, going from very good/excellent to good/very good. Not a huge slip in quality, but still noticeable when my prior experiences flying on Alaska have been excellent. The check-in agents in Houston were grumpy and discourteous, not only did not exchange pleasantries with passengers, they just weren't pleasant. On the flight from Houston Bush to Seattle-Tacoma, the jet was dirty and looked like it hadn't been cleaned in a couple of days. I say it was the second or third dirtiest jet I've ever flown on. The catering in Houston had dropped the ball on some meals that passengers had ordered, including mine, but the crew offered for me to have another available meal that cost the same, which I accepted - and which was tasty. The crew were polite, focused and professional, but not very friendly. Just robotic. They weren't rude, but they seemed kind of intense, which is something I didn't expect from Alaska. I also purchased in-flight WiFi, which turned out to be slow, it didn't stream the videos I wanted and didn't let me even go a simple Google search. I'm still not happy about that. Now, the flight from Seattle-Tacoma to Portland was better, quicker boarding, much nicer and cleaner plane, much more cheerful and appreciative flight attendants. So, for now, I will continue to fly them when I can and be a Mileage Plus member for the foreseeable future, but Alaska may sadly have lost a slight bit of its way during a pandemic which has required them to reduce service and cut costs otherwise, and it's really a shame. Even so, as of now, I'd still rather fly with Alaska than American, Southwest, or any US budget carrier.
RouteHouston to Portland via Seattle
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"The staff were so rude and condescending"

Not Verified | Will never take Alaska Airlines again, ever! The staff were so rude and condescending to one poor lady who seemed confused about her seating arrangement! I was warned prior to booking my flight not to take Alaska Airlines due to many issues with them but had miles to use and they had the better rate. Never again! In this day and age, when cost is vital, I will gladly pay any amount extra to avoid using Alaska Airlines. Due to their treatment of others I have also informed my employer to never book me flights using Alaska Airlines in the future.
RouteDetroit to Fort Myers
Date FlownAugust 2021

"staff were very rude and belligerent to those around them"

Not Verified | I was met with the worst customer service I’ve ever encountered. I do not recommend anyone fly this airline. You’d be better off driving. The staff were very rude and belligerent to those around them. The airline also will make it known how political they are and will attack you if you do not agree with them. I thought flying on an airline was supposed to be pleasant? Not this one.
RouteAlaska to California
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"worst experience I’ve ever had"

Trip Verified | The customer service lady was a nightmare. I’m disabled and have certified service dog. I had made arrangements for assistance (wheelchair door to plane) before flight. When I went to get my ticket the clerk was rude and disrespectful. She refused to assist me and wasn’t going to let my service dog on the plane with me. She wouldn’t even let me talk or explain anything to me. My trip started with my flight from Houston Texas to Los Angeles California on United. All my flights have always been on United (great experience each time). Somewhere along the way my return flight was changed (American Airlines bought my ticket). I excepted the change, after all I need to get home. That’s why I contacted Alaska Airlines in advance to setup assistance and my service dog information. It was the worst experience I’ve ever had. I had to walk from Alaska to American and then catch shuttle to broad my flight. At which time a fight broke out over the company gave away a guys seat. I can’t wait to get home and never fly any American Airline owned plane again. Best of luck to those who do. I thank God for helping me get home safe.
RouteLos Angeles to Houston
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"Sat waiting for the pilot"

Trip Verified | Terrible! Sat waiting for the pilot who just had flown in from Anchorage. Had a small carton of water for us- no offer of anything else while we waited and waited. Plane kept getting hotter and hotter. How in the world are you going to schedule flights weeks in advance and not have a pilot scheduled!? This was a ridiculous. No wifi while we waited and no apology.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteSpokane to Sacramento via Seattle
Date FlownSeptember 2021

"Great customer service and helpful support"

Not Verified | I accidentally booked the wrong flight. Alaska was able to switch me from a Sunday return to a Monday return on short notice. Great customer service and helpful support. Recommend to everyone.
RoutePullman to Boise