Alaska Airlines

"definitely mind this airline."

Not Verified | New York to San Francisco. Flight should depart at 0700am. While waiting at the gate received an e-mail that the flight is reschedule to 03:45m! No announcement at the Airport and no customer service. The staff at ticketing counter is unpolite and shows no interest to help. Told just to call the hotline. There more than 30 minutes holding line but nobody pick up the phone. They even not offer a cup of water although the flight got 9 hours delay! In future i will definitely mind this airline.
RouteNew York to San Francisco
Date FlownJuly 2019

"joining the ranks of cheap airlines"

Trip Verified | Seattle to Minneapolis. Alaska is joining the ranks of cheap airlines in loading the plane, then fixing mechanical issues while the plane is full. This particular issue is easy to spot during routine maintenance. We sat for 2.5 hours in the plane without A/C at near 95f in rear of plane, then deplaned after 2+ hours, and now, more than 4 hours later we don’t have any clear departure time. So frustrating!
RouteSeattle to Minneapolis

"Really great service"

Trip Verified | Houston to Seattle. No wait at check-in, quick boarding, flight left on time, comfortable seat. Really great service from crew - very friendly, efficient and kind. Great food and drinks. Baggage delivered very quickly. Hard to fault - so much better then any US domestic carrier I have used before.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteHouston to Seattle
Date FlownJuly 2019

"refused to allow my ten year old daughter to board"

Trip Verified | My ten year old daughter had a ticket to fly back home (Seattle) from visiting her father in MD this morning on Alaska Airlines flight 524. Security was slightly backed up, due to apparent staffing issues so her father checked with the ticketing desk to make sure she would make the flight. The ticketing counter employee assured him she would make it, radioed back to the gate and personally accompanied them to the gate. At the gate they refused to allow my ten year old daughter to board with her pre-purchased ticket because Alaska Airlines had already given away her seat and refused to remove the "stand by" passenger. Did I mention, my daughter broke her arm while on vacation, and had an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon today, which she will now miss because of Alaska's selfish decision to put profits over people. I have always tried to fly Alaska for both work and personal travel, but I can assure you, I will not be spending any more money to support this unethical company.
RouteBaltimore to Seattle
Date FlownJuly 2019

"said the flight had left"

Trip Verified | I arrived an hour early on 7/13/19 for my 8:25 flight. The check in desk wasn't staffed. Another company agent knocked on the office door so someone can assist us. The guy that came out just told us to go to the gate, no check in. We had a big suitcase prepaid and we had to carry it. Once we got to the gate D20 nobody was there at the desk but the plane was there. An Asian lady was behind the desk and said the flight had left. We were at the gate 20 minutes before departure. We were lied to that the plane left but I sat there and saw our plane leave 15 minutes later. The laziness of the employees cost me a day since the next flight was 10 hours later and connected through Seattle. Of course there were passengers let in late for the second flight we were put on and they were let on. Unacceptable. Lack of care from the staff of team Alaska.
RouteBaltimore to Los Angeles via Seattle

"journey a nightmare"

Trip Verified | Charleston to Anchorage via Seattle. Worst airline I've ever experienced. The staff lied to over 200 people. It's been a nightmare. How is it even possible to plan a trip with a bunch of unpredictable, unprofessional humans? It's not the quality of the planes, it's the quality of their employees that really made our journey a nightmare. Thanks, Alaska Airlines for a really poor time.
RouteCharleston to Anchorage via Seattle

"I am very disappointed"

Not Verified | Dallas to Seattle. I am very disappointed. Alaska somehow couldn’t calculate that they did not meet the weight limit for checked baggage. I’m now in the dark as to when my bags will arrive. To be fair the personnel at the baggage claim gave me rewards for Alaska and said my bags will be on the next flight. However, I am in the military and I need my bags to check into my new command. So we’ll see how I look checking in, in civilian clothes. Thanks Alaska Airlines. I have never had this problem with competitors.
RouteDallas to Seattle
Date FlownJuly 2019

"got away with highway robbery"

Trip Verified | Columbus to Vancouver. We had a cancelled flight out of Port Columbus. I’m flying alone with my son, so we paid the premium for first class and a more comfortable experience. When the flight was cancelled, we were rebooked in economy. That in itself is not the problem. We were offered, nor refunded anything for the drastic change in class. I am out hundreds between the prepaid hotel room in Vancouver, the rental car, and the room I had to get last night because they were not prepared to maintain their aircraft. Not to mention the money I spent to fly in first class. I’m sitting on flight 1011 in Chicago now, (I also had to have multiple layovers now), and just busted my head on the reclined seat ahead of me. We were one of the last to board, meaning we can’t bring our carry ons now and I have nothing to entertain or care for my son. They were unhelpful, uncaring and basically just got away with highway robbery.
Seat TypeFirst Class
RouteColumbus to Vancouver
Date FlownJuly 2019

"caused us to miss our flight"

Not Verified | San Diego to Salt Lake City. The lack of training, lack of customer service caused us to miss our flight. Very incompetence people and they just don’t care. When you are there in plenty of time and it’s their lines and their staff that causes you to miss your flight, they need to compensate you in some way. We were there at the time they told us to be and was having problems with their kiosk and lines were horrible. If I could give them a zero I would. If you want to miss your flights because of their customer service go for it, or plan to be there 6 hours before for a domestic flight. I fly a lot, and have never been treated so poorly by other airlines. Do not use this airline. We had to rebuy tickets for triple the price, they are price gougers to make more money off their customer service.
RouteSan Diego to Salt Lake City
Date FlownJune 2019

"not care about their passengers"

Trip Verified | San Diego to Salt Lake City. Do not use this airline, they are horrible and do not care about their passengers. We were there in ample time (2 hours). There were only two people working their check in, and the lines were extremely long. So someone told us to use a kiosk, another line and passengers were confused how to use it. 30 minutes later, finally got to the kiosk, and it would not work, so got back in line, and their customer check in causes is to miss our flight by 2 minutes. They told us to call their customer service, we did, and all they could say is sorry, you needed to be here within two hours and we were. No discounts nothing, just buy another ticket, which I had zero money to buy another ticket. Thanks. Alaska airlines for screwing me over. Next time will be any airline but Alaska.
RouteSan Diego to Salt Lake City