Alaska Airlines

"do not care about your time"

Trip Verified | I originally booked a flight from Sacramento to Austin with a connecting flight Seattle weeks ago. A couple days before my flight they had changed my departure time for Sacramento to after 12 pm to 8:05 am. This is a huge inconvenience because I have to drive 2 and a half hours to the airport. After calling them to try to work something out they said there was absolutely nothing they could do to help me. No later times available. No hotel room for the night before. I had to wait over an hour and a half to talk to them and was on the phone for over 2 hours with them (90% of the time on hold). I'm very patient, I understand things happen. This on the other hand is completely ridiculous. Not professional. My 9 hour trip is stretched 4 more hours. They obviously do not care about your time. Just their own profit. This is not how you treat customers or for that matter a human being. Never have ive seen so little care in a company. They should be ashamed to call them self an airline.
RouteSacramento to Seattle via Austin
Date FlownJune 2020

"canceled the flight 5 days ago"

Trip Verified | I had a ticket booked with Alaska for a few weeks. I checked on the way to the airport with Alaska and my flight was on time. Get to airport and am unable to check in. No one is around and the kiosk keeps letting me get through the entire process but won't print my tickets and prompts me to check in with the desk. Again, no one at the desk. I call and they tell me they canceled the flight 5 days ago. No one emailed me or called me or update their info online. I had to book a ticket with another airline while standing in the airport. I paid 900 dollars for a 400 flight because is was same day. Thanks so much. You wowed me.
RouteOrlando to Boise via Seattle

"It was a good flight"

Trip Verified | Seattle to Columbus. It was a good flight. The flight attendants were not the nicest. They were just demanding, not being kind. The seats were really nice. It was the refurbished A320 so it was especially nice. Legroom was amazing. Overall, I would rate it a 87/100.
RouteSeattle to Columbus
Date FlownJune 2020

"Definitely never flying Alaska again"

Trip Verified | Orlando to Anchorage via Seattle. I booked a flight and purchased first class upgrade when I checked out. A week before I travel, I get called and told I’m on a different flight, but that my seat is still in first class. Apparently, I was bumped to “premium class” without knowing it. When I approach the counter they say “sorry” we have no record of you purchasing a first class seat. Then they promised me a beer on the plane - I don’t drink. I call customer service and they tell me I’m definitely in first class and “not to worry”, that it was a computer snafu. But on the plane they jam me into the back. Definitely never flying Alaska again.
RouteOrlando to Anchorage via Seattle

"No customer service"

Not Verified | Alaska airlines is a joke. No customer service and they tell you that you are screwed. They take your money and refuse to give it back. We purchased tickets for an event and due to Covid was canceled. They gave us a credit even though we bought the insurance to cancel. Told us that’s all they would do and that it was illegal for me to sell my credit because I would never want to fly their airline.
RoutePhoenix to Seattle
Date FlownJuly 2019

"legroom and seat comfort was great"

Trip Verified | The aircraft was a bit small but the legroom and seat comfort was great for a domestic flight. Although there wasn’t an on-air meal, the crew checked up regularly if we needed anything like water of snacks. There is 1-hour of free WiFi (if you have T-mobile) as well as unlimited texting data. There was also movies and podcasts on the on-flight entertainment. The only downside is the ground staff as they were rude and slow.
RouteDallas Ft Worth to Seattle

"keeping my money"

Not Verified | Do not book with this greedy, cold-hearted airline. I found myself like so many having to cancel all travel plans due to COVID-19. My Alaska Airlines flight was to be an internal flight from Orange County to San Francisco in May 2020 . My main flight from Australia to USA was with Singapore Airlines. After making contact with Singapore Airlines and all my accommodation providers throughout the USA, I received a refund from everyone. Alaska Airlines is the only company who are keeping my money. I have tried several times to request a refund (I was happy even to pay a cancellation fee) however each time I am met with a strong NO. Shame on you Alaska Airlines!
RouteOrange County to San Francisco
Date FlownMay 2020

"Alaska Airlines - nada"

Not Verified | Our June Cruise got cancelled due to the virus and Alaska Airlines is refusing to give us a refund on our tickets but we can get a credit that we have to use within a year which we probably won't use! Seattle Bed and Breakfast - full refund, no questions asked. Fox Rental Car Company - full refund, no questions asked. Amtrak - full Refund, no questions asked. Hampton Inn - full refund, no questions asked. Princess Cruises - full refund, no questions asked. Various Cruise Excursions - full refund, no questions asked. Alaska Airlines - nada. Nope. Sorry. Maybe your flight will be cancelled and then we can refund you. Maybe. Alaska Airlines claims to have amazing customer service and focus, we are hoping to see it. Would not recommend this airline to anyone!
RouteRaleigh to Seattle
Date FlownMay 2020

"have lost a customer for life"

Trip Verified | Alaska airlines gives disgruntled passengers air miles for lost luggage, an unsatisfying experience and a plethora of other reasons - am I right? They use air miles as a retention tool, because giving a passenger air miles doesn't monetarily cost them anything. I recently used 160,000 air miles - which I earned with my butt in an Alaska Airline seat - to travel to Spain in May 2020. Although the hotels were non-refundable, I purchased a travel protection program, which informed me my miles would be refundable should I not be able to travel due to a health related issue. Then, COVID-19 hit. Delta airlines, with whom I had non-refundable tickets - issued me a full monetary refund. Two hotels in Spain, for which I had non-refundable reservations, refunded me. Alaska Airlines has refused. The only refund I requested of Alaska Airlines is the air miles I used to "purchase" the hotels. When you use air miles for hotels, you also have to spend a very small portion of money, which I did, and which I did not ask for a refund. I was willing to lose the $500 dollars, but not my air miles. What has been the answer of Alaska Airlines? "I'm sorry Sir, there is nothing we can do." What I now believe is that Alaska Airlines cares more about their short-term pain than the longer term gain of ensuring client retention. Alaska Airlines might have kept the 160,000 air miles that I used to purchase my hotel stays, but they have lost a customer for life.
Date FlownDecember 2019

"a lousy way to do business"

Not Verified | On March 2, 2020 I bought tickets for two people to fly to Burbank, CA from Seattle, WA for June 2020. The purpose of the flight was to attend a wedding in Burbank for my sister. When the nation got put on lock down status in mid March due to the pandemic the wedding was postponed because the caterers and wedding location wanted a non-refundable deposit and there was no way of knowing if events of more than ten people were going to take place. I called the airline and explained to them that I needed to cancel the flight due to no fault of my own, as a result of the pandemic. There response was that they would give me a 50% credit toward a later flight, and I would be penalized 50% for canceling my flight. Plus they indicated that I should have known by December 2019 that there was going to be a pandemic, and it was my fault for booking a flight. When I tried talking to a representative she stated that she could not answer any questions and to take it up with the travel insurance company. I also had travel insurance through Alaska airlines. I sent in a claim with them to be reimbursed. They responded back saying I wouldn't be covered because epidemics weren't covered. What a lousy way to do business. My wife and I are retired and we travel a lot, but not with this airline ever again.
RouteSeattle to Burbank