Alaska Airlines

"most horrible experience"

Not Verified | Philadelphia to San Francisco. Absolutely the most horrible experience! They cancelled my flight 7 hours before it was to take off. They booked me on a flight that made me miss important meetings. They gave me all kinds of wrong information when I contacted them. They told me to go to the airport early in case there are cancelations. But, they have no one at the airport until an hour before the flight. They are running a really low budget operation. Not reliable at all. I will never ever use them again. I wish you had a 0 rating option.
RoutePhiladelphia to San Francisco

"flawed and failing"

Not Verified | This is my fourth flight on Alaska in the last month. I am a regular, seasoned business and pleasure traveler, and fully acknowledge and have empathy for many of the challenges flight crew, boarding agents encounter on a daily basis. However, there are times when it becomes clear that the entirety of the system is flawed and failing . When such is the case, management should be held accountable. Alaska Airlines is flawed and failing. I will not provide a litany of specifics regarding the bad attitude, lack of service, hostile encounters with passengers that my family and I have witnessed over the past month. Indifferent, and then hostile gate agents at SFO, challenging passengers, addressing them with condescension and simply, utterly rude. SFO to DC..indifferent gate agents who could not be bothered to look up when customers were lined up in front of her. Was busy on her personal phone. In fact, a flight attendant working the flight approached us and others (without solicitation) to extend apologies for the indifference she observed at the gate. Think about it, Alaska flight attendants apologizing for the rude behavior of Alaska gate agents. DC to SFO. row 26, flight is delayed for nearly an hour as we sit on the runway. Gentlemen in row 26 F opens his lunch bag to snack. Does not take out table, etc. Male flight attendant confronts passenger and insists he put his lunch away in preparation for take off, really? DC to sfo. Toilet paper littering the aisle way. Same aforementioned flight attendant repeatedly simply walks over it. Makes no effort to clean. DC to SFO three hours into the flight a gentlemen in Row 6, walks to the area of row 26 and asks two attendants with cart why there has been no beverage or food service to his seat. Both attendants say ‘sir, sorry but we have no idea and we are sold out of everything’. He repeats his inquiry, to which they respond again ‘we are sold out of everything’.
RouteWashington to San Francisco

"I love flying Alaska"

Trip Verified | Seattle to Atlanta. I love flying Alaska. The service is excellent, the flight attendants are friendly & willing to go out of their way when asked politely - (I’m surprised at how rude passengers can be, and I still see them being friendly). On our last flight from Seattle to Atlanta it was a little strange because we had to board a bus to get to the gate, which is a new thing, and I was concerned about getting off the ground on time because it seemed like everything was going too slow. We had a tight connection in Atlanta, & I was a bit worried. The staff was friendly & reassuring, and we took off on time & landed early.
RouteSeattle to Atlanta
Date FlownMay 2019

"at the airport for six hours"

Trip Verified | Portland to Santa Ana. I always fly Southwest. It's never great and the employees clearly hate their jobs. But the plane is always on time and gets me to my destination safely. Today I have been at the airport for six hours. Because the plane was having Mechanical issues. The Alaska flight I decided to take because I wanted a better experience flying this time. What a joke and the mechanical issues they're having are missing radio parts! What kind of horrific problem is that? How could radio parts go missing! This has solidified that I will no longer be choosing Alaska. And the cc my mother has of theirs, the miles card, is getting cancelled. My toddler also has to be picked up by his 80-year-old grandfather because I'm not there. Never again.
RoutePortland to Santa Ana

"Another great flight"

Trip Verified | Another great flight with Alaska Airlines, Kansas City to Salt Lake City via Seattle and return. All flights on time, service is grea, Premium Economy upgrade, comfortable seats. GoGo inflight entertainment is wonderful to have on the longer flights. Spent time talking with the cabin crew, very friendly and helpful. We have been flying Alaska for over 10 years and have never had a bad flight.
RouteMCI to SLC via SEA
Date FlownMay 2019

"assigned seats in different rows"

Trip Verified | New York to Los Angeles. Couldn't check in online as the system online wasn't recognising all our details. When we arrived at the airport and began the checkin in process we were automatically assigned seats in different rows. We were told they could not change seats because the system was down. We were told that we can select seats at the gate. When we attempted to change our seats at the gate we were flatly told no because we were economy far holders. Was told that next time I should consider paying more. Found them to be unhelpul and rude. Also on the plane there was no WiFi despite it being advertised. Will not be flying with this airline again. American Airlines were far better.
RouteNew York to Los Angeles
Date FlownMay 2019

"locked out of checking in"

Trip Verified | Seattle to Kansas City. Couldn't check in on their app or online, they had network issues. Got in the airport 45 mins before my flight, went to the service desk and they were locked out of checking in. The lady there took me to the supervisor, who was very rude, she said it's not her problem that they had network issues and asked if I read the customer agreement that says I should call customer service in case of network issues. All in all they kept me waiting for 30 mins that I could have made it to the gates and charged me again to rebook a flight.
RouteSeattle to Kansas City

"Service was excellent"

Trip Verified | Chicago O'Hare to Seattle. First time ever flying. I told them this at checkin. They offered me to meet the pilot and be the very first one to board to calm my nerves. Service was excellent. I would definitely fly with Alaska Airlines again if I was to fly. But flying is not for me, I only flew because I had to, my son got married. All I can say is they were awesome. The pilot explained every question I had.
RouteChicago O'Hare to Seattle

"not a good experience"

Trip Verified | San Jose to San Diego. Not for families. Rude folks at the gate. All we asked was to place 2 tickets together and two more together if possible as we were three kids and 2 adults. She started with saying you bought cheap tickets and we don't have a say. She then gave us tickets or her choice 3 + 1 , which was not bad, but not before she embarrassed is for buying cheap tickets and indirectly asking us to shut up. The flight was very very dirty compared to Southwest. Flight was very hot until right before AC was switched on. Overall not a good experience.
RouteSan Jose to San Diego

Alaska Airlines customer review

Trip Verified | Seattle to California with Alaska Airlines. I'm not saying that the flight was bad, but the food. I mean seriously, it was horrible. Paid for a first class ticket and got a dang sandwich. Maybe Alaska Airlines should start to follow Turkish Airlines, now that's First Class at its finest!
RouteSeattle to California