Air India

"Not a good 12-13 hour flight"

Not Verified | Delhi to Melbourne. Not a good 12-13 hour flight. No entertainment, no footrest, no window shade (button missing with tape over) unserviced washrooms with broken panels - this is the scenario after delayed take-off and no announcements. Only 2 staff for an almost full cabin so no smile or attention there. The food is only a choice of vegetarian or non-vegetarian; both Indian and spicy - even the one we were woken for at 3 am! For this we were charged $1600 one way, which reduced the next day to $1100! Obviously taking advantage of people needing to get home before the curfew then when plane was fully booked, making the price appear more reasonable. The only way this airline could be surviving is because they have non stop flights between destinations that no one else services. Terrible.
RouteDelhi to Melbourne

"Worst airline ever"

Trip Verified | Paris to Chennai via Delhi. Worst airline ever. This is the first and last time I'll travel with Air India. I just couldn't believe it. The plane was worst than a low-cost. The seats were torn, arm rest not working, service very limited (foil paper on the plates), toilet not flushing, taps not working, stinks, headphones not working, entertainment poor. I will never travel by this airline again.
RouteParis to Chennai via Delhi

"you will regret it"

(Spain)

Trip Verified | Madrid to Delhi. Worst airline ever. Old and dirty aircraft, bad food and the worst of all is the customer service. If you need it they will leave you for hours and hours waiting in the phone, and of course you have to pay for it, it's not a free call. Then if you are lucky and they pick up the phone, after several hours, then the nightmare starts, they pass you from one agent to other to finally hang out or just put you again up to waiting calls, no giving answers, not giving solutions. Now in the middle of the coronavirus crisis, they don't care about customers. And another nice detail is they can change your flight when they like, as many times as they like just by sending you an email. Never use it, you will regret it.
RouteMadrid to Delhi
Date FlownDecember 2019

"airplane felt 20 years old"

(Sweden)

Trip Verified | Copenhagen to Mumbai via Delhi. Was struck by the filthiness and age of the airplanes of Air India. Boeing 787's aren't that old but airplane felt 20 years old. Dirty and worn down. Food was very poor and I ended up not eating at all to be honest. Cabin crew was OK but not especially friendly. Booked emergency exit row so had LOTS of leg space which I think helped. Uneventful trip overall. Delhi-Mumbai leg was flown with a Boeing 747 that actually WAS 20 years old. Worn out and dirty. But good legspace also in economy and we were served snacks and drinks on this 2 hour flight. Landed a bit delayed and was 1 hour late out of Delhi. Enforced priority boarding on both flight (I am Star Gold) which is appreciated. Overall OK airline a good value for money. Only airline flying directly from Scandinavia to India so a good choice.
AircraftBoeing 787 / 747
RouteCopenhagen to Mumbai via Delhi
Date FlownDecember 2019

"old and tatty planes"

Trip Verified | Mumbai to London Heathrow. Always delayed. Terribly old and tatty planes. Seats are expensive, but what you get for your money makes no sense. Broken seats, arm rests, media units etc. Staff do not care, as they are used to having the same comments from passengers daily. Won't use them again.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteMumbai to London Heathrow
Date FlownMarch 2020

"never fly with Air India"

Trip Verified | Surat to Delhi. Its a worst airline I ever had. The flight was delay by 1 hour and we got notification and once we reach the airport they told it is delayed by 3 hours and because of that I missed my connecting flight. And when I went to talk to the Air India airport staff, One of the member told that they can't do anything as their responsibility is to transfer the passenger from one city to other. They don't care about the time and they are not afraid of anyone if we file a complain. As I asked for compensation, they told me that "it's my fault that I booked a flight from Air India, So they will not help me for new tickets or not give any compensation." They should learn some manners as they were really rude and they are not ready to help at all. I am personally saying, never fly with Air India. Worst Airline and worst staff .
RouteSurat to Delhi
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"We had the worst experience"

Not Verified | Toronto to Delhi. We had the worst experience. To start with the flight was delayed by 1:30 hour from Toronto, followed by the entertainment not working on the seat assigned, issue was raised to the flight personnel multiple times with no action or resolution provided. After 5 hours demanded to speak to supervisor who did not have any kind of explanation to it, we asked for a change of seat which was refused as well, we did fill a feedback form and no one has replied back on the same. The flight was more than half empty in first and business class and they should have the least provided us to change seats, the airline representative themselves blamed the airline and said this is what it is deal with it. The supervisor even mentioned that entertainment is not a part of the price paid so deal with it.
RouteToronto to Delhi

"Very bad experience"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Bengaluru. My flight was at 19:25 and so I left my home at 17:00 and reached the airport at 17:45 and there when I checked in using self check-in machine. It gave me error that contact service agent and so I went to the check-in counter and there lady sitting told me that your flight has been changed., I thought that seat of whole passenger of flight is changed and she gave me ticket of another aircraft (AI 547) which has to take off at 21:00. And then I saw display board and my flight was on time and then nobody changed my flight back to 19:25 giving reason that your baggage is already loaded and it will take time to get it back. Very bad experience. Still I am waiting for my flight here on terminal 3 of New Delhi and the time is 18:47.
RouteDelhi to Bengaluru
Date FlownMarch 2020

"the worst treatment we have"

Trip Verified | Delhi to Thiruvananthapuran. We had checked in on line and paid for extra leg room seats 11E and 11F. When we arrived at the airport the departure board showed that we needed to check our baggage at desk G. When we went to the queue we were told to go desk F,which we did under the sign that said checked baggage only. However the display clearly stated that this row was for international flights and when we queried this with at least a further Air India staff, they all said the same thing. The queue was long and slow and we appeared to be the only non Indian people in the queue. It just didn't seem right, so I went back the the first person who had directed me from desk G to F who then amazingly said I should go the desk G. I refused to do this and insisted that she check me in. She just glared at me and it was only I complained to her colleague that they agreed top do this. After a lot of muttering between them that printed tickets for seats 27A and 27B. I pointed out that I had paid for 11E and 11F, and again after further muttering a dirty looks I eventually got thje right seats. At no time did they apologise or make eye contact. This is the worst treatment we have had from any airline.
RouteDelhi to Thiruvananthapuran
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"check-in process a disaster"

Trip Verified | London to Mumbai. The check-in process is a disaster, a member of staff was untrained and took to long to check me in. As soon as I was inside the airport, I've got a message mentioned that my flight was delayed for almost 3 hours, completely unacceptable.
RouteLondon to Mumbai

Air India customer review

Trip Verified | We were supposed to board the flight from Bangalore to Male at 1.50 pm on Feb 20th 2019. As I write this review time is 9.45 pm and we are still waiting for Cabin Crew. What a laughable reason. Staff and Air India team is irresponsible. This is terrible experience.
RouteHyderabad to Male via Bangalore

"audio input was broken"

Trip Verified | I flew on Feb 15 from Amritsar to New York via Delhi by Air India flight 101. my seat was 45H, audio input was broken and I can't hear anything. The 15 hours flight was so boring.
AircraftBoeing 777-300ER
RouteAmritsar to New York via Delhi
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"staff were really caring and helpful"

Trip Verified | Agartala to Kolkata. I was traveling with my elder sister who is more than 70 years old. The airline staff were really caring and helpful in the entire process of check in, boarding, deboarding, and luggage collection. They took special care to arrange equipment so that my sister can easily reach her seat. Actually, she was not able to use stair to reach her seat.
RouteAgartala to Kolkata
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"leg space was sufficient"

Trip Verified | Kolkata to Raipur via Jharsuguda. Although for Raipur it was an one-stop early morning flight, I selected for a very low cost. The flight was clean and leg space was sufficient. They served a puff and sandwich for short flights. However, the cons of the flight are all passengers traveling to Raipur need to deboard at Jharsuguda, did the security, and reboard. As the same aircraft is going to Raipur, the airline may reduce passengers' pain by checking the boarding pass within the flight or at least just at the outside of the aircraft.
AircraftATR 72
RouteKolkata to Raipur via Jharsuguda

"co-operative staff"

Trip Verified | On time departure, nice in flight entertainment. Good meal, drinks on board and co-operative staff. Slept for more than 5 hours out of 8 hrs of journey. I had flown Air India around 10 times mostly domestic.
RouteParis to Delhi
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Do not fly with this company"

(Italy)

Trip Verified | Delhi to Milan. Onboard screens not working for most passenger. Controls for cabin windows did not work (nobody could sleep) 1 hour delay for 1 trip 30 minutes delay for return trip. Food intoxication on first trip. Do not fly with this company.
RouteDelhi to Milan
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"never fly with this airline"

Trip Verified | Mumbai to Bangalore. The only airline I would never fly with again. They were so rude and incompetent. It took long at security check for which we got late for 2 min. and at that time the crew who was scanning the boarding pass before aerobridge doesn't consider us and for which we requested a lot and the lady from CRPF told to have a word with captain but she denied and was giving a reason and after that she took the pcm and went to flight to handover to pilot. It was a worst experience with Air India and in future will never fly with this airline. Unprofessional Ground staff.
RouteMumbai to Bangalore
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"Such a disgraceful service"

Not Verified | Delhi to Sydney. Worst flight I've ever experienced. The seats were so uncomfortable. The food was mediocre and the entertainment system stopped working 6 hours into the 13 hour flight. No flight attendant was able to fix it. Such a disgraceful service. Never again would I fly Air India.
AircraftDreamliner
RouteDelhi to Sydney
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"it was really a perfect flight"

Trip Verified | Mumbai to Delhi. A perfect flight. This was the first domestic flight that I have taken with Air India. As I have not had a favorable experience on their international service, I was not expecting much. The flight took of on time with pleasant flight attendants. On this 1.5 hour flight, they served a delicous dinner with remarkable efficiency. Contrast that with 5 hour flights across North America where we only get pretzels! The flight landed 10 minutes. All in all, it was really a perfect flight as I had no negative issues at all. Everything was really as it should be. Well done Air India!
RouteMumbai to Delhi
Date FlownNovember 2019

"The worst flight experience"

Not Verified | Frankfurt to Bombay via Bangalore. The worst flight experience. Both flights delayed. The baggage arrived super late and the second flight boarded us which is already late by 2 hours. Very irritated except for the extra baggage because of which we booked this flight nothing is even near to good. Please don't make a mistake of booking this airline specially for international trips!
RouteFrankfurt to Bombay via Bangalore