Air India

"She was very unprofessional"

Trip Verified | It was the worst airline experience ever in AI187 on 20 April from Delhi to Toronto. A crew member was very rude & disrespectful . I was feeling cold in the aircraft & had requested her to give me a blanket. She didn’t pay any attention to what I had said & ignored completely. After an hour i had reminded her about it & she didn’t listen to me. I reminded her while serving food the third time & still no courtesy to reply back. While serving drinks she forgot to hand me over my drink & moved on. I had to stop her & literally request to serve me my drink. She didn’t even bother to apologize. She was very unprofessional with no smile.
Date FlownApril 2022

"like to appreciate the ground staff"

Trip Verified | I would like to appreciate the ground staff of Air India working at Delhi airport. Sitender from Air India security and Pooja morning shift for going above and beyond to help my mother in law for assisting her to board a flight to Australia. The attention to detail provided by them was impressive and their customer service skills are excellent. They both are the fine ambassadors for Air India. Keep up the good work guys
RouteDelhi to Melbourne
Date FlownApril 2022

"It was the worst experience"

Not Verified | Overall the customer service is extremely poor. Dirty plane, seats are dirty. Baggage check-in person was extremely rude. My bag did not arrive when I arrived. The phone# and email that I received from the baggage claim form is useless. Air India do not value their customers. No one will follow up regarding missing bags. After 50 phone calls and numerous emails with no response, we ended up going back at the airport three times, finally we had some luck with meeting with supervisor. After one long week, we received the bag. No compensation was provided for the troubles that we went through. It was the worst experience from our last travel. Every encounter we had, not one person made us feel that they cared. I am very disappointed with my travel experience.
Date FlownMarch 2022

"this was the worst experience"

Trip Verified | I travelled by Air India from London Heathrow to Cochin on 19th March. This was my first experience after Tata had taken over Air India and this was the worst experience I ever had with an airline. The interior of the flight was quite old looking, passenger hand rest were broken and wrapped with insulation tape. Moreover, the seat was torn and dirty. I don’t want to mention anything about toilet cleanliness. Food quality was pathetic, quality came down drastically, not at all tasty.
RouteLondon to Cochin
Date FlownMarch 2022

"One of the worst experiences"

Trip Verified | One of the worst experiences of my life in flying. The ground staff was rude and did not know how to handle edge cases. I got sick due to extreme heat and on requesting priority check-in it was provided but the experience is worst than normal check-in. The duty Manager was rude and did not handle it well even on explaining the health condition. The Inflight experience was also not good. Food was stale (Breakfast and Lunch). The flight attendants were also not courteous and did not come to attend to the passenger (me) even 2 hrs after calling. InFlight entertainment was also not working. Seems flight attendants are there for sake of being there not for service. Better go for any other Airline.
Date FlownApril 2022

"nothing seems to have changed under the new ownership"

Trip Verified | We recently flew Business Class on London->Delhi->Bagdogra and returned Kolkata->Delhi->London. Except for on-schedule flights, nothing seems to have changed under the new ownership. No entertainment system available and even the flight attendants seemed unaware. Then the lame excuse - "our entertainment system is getting updated under new ownership". We didn't even bother to try the entertainment system on any further leg. The Priority tags on the luggage were the biggest jokes, except at Heathrow, almost everywhere, we got our luggage almost at the end. During our return, we had a 4 hours wait at Delhi Intl. terminal and there was no lounge facility available. I would have expected them to have an arrangements with other airlines or providers. I feel, it will take time for Air India to change its archaic and unprofessional model.
RouteLondon to Delhi
Date FlownMarch 2022

"did not have pillows for passengers"

Trip Verified | The inflight entertainment was not working. They did not have pillows for passengers and you literally had to ask them for blankets as it was very cold in the aircraft. Food was not up to standard. Cabin staff were good
RouteLondon to Rajkot via Mumbai
Date FlownMarch 2022

"Never again Air India in my life"

Trip Verified | As I entered the Air India aircraft (Boeing 777) there was no fresh smell but a sensation of stale air. During the 15-hour flight, none of the tv screens was working. The announcement was made over the public address system that the tv screens were faulty, for which they apologized. AC too may not have been working because the air was humid and stuffy. None of the cabin crew came around offering water or other services. Throughout the flight, people were walking up and down the aisle to fetch water. For lunch they also included the snack meant for tea, so crew can be spared the trouble of serving again at tea time. The flight was so deplorable that I cancelled my return trip to Vancouver by Air India and booked on Lufthansa instead, even though I had to lose a substantial amount of money. Never again Air India in my life.
RouteVancouver to Delhi
Date FlownMarch 2022

"a totally chaotic experience"

Trip Verified | It was a totally chaotic experience. No web check in from Vancouver as it is not in the drop down list.I called customer service and the poor lady could not help me much. The flight is totally basic. No inflight entertainment whatsoever. The seats are broken and dirty. No reading light or call button. Thankfully I was forewarned so I had downloaded movies for kids on their computers. I had booked seats with more leg space but despite me paying extra for this I did not get the chosen seats. This was frustrating. Nor will I get repaid for the extra fare I paid as now I dont have time to run after them. The heating system was overworking and the aircraft was boiling. When I asked staff to lower the temperature they were giving weird explanations that we are flying over north pole and temperature outside is minus 60. Finally one of them told me the aircraft is old and their was a technical glitch. The thermostat was not working. The saving grace was that most of the staff was hospitable and felt embarrassed by the poor quality aircraft themselves. They commiserated with us as they were not responsible for the poor quality provided by AI. The lady next to me helped me with my frustrated tired kids. On the whole I would not recommend this flight. New management has a huge task ahead of them.
RouteDelhi to Vancouver
Date FlownMarch 2022

"the food was the worst I’ve ever had"

Not Verified | I realize that Tatas have a huge task ahead of them to set the airline on a proper trajectory. However, my experience was not bad except the food which was the worst I’ve ever had. The staff were excellent and the overall flight was very comfortable and on time.
Date FlownMarch 2022

"Absolute worst flight experience"

Trip Verified | Absolute worst flight experience! The aircraft was so old and broken down. The seats were super uncomfortable. Most of the TVs did not work. The staff was extremely rude and did their job horribly. When I complained about the TV not working, they did nothing to help. The overhead lights and assistance buttons also did not work. When I asked for water, they told me to go to the back and get it myself. The bathrooms were disgusting. No toilet paper or hand sanitizer. Travellers were not even provided basic toiletries like toothbrushes and toothpaste even though it was a 16 hour flight. I will never be travelling on this airline again and do not recommend anyone else to either!
RouteSan Francisco to Delhi
Date FlownMarch 2022

"an alternative flight was also not arranged"

Trip Verified | Our flight was cancelled at 12.30 when all customers were waiting for boarding which is unacceptable and an alternative flight was also not arranged which is completely zero tolerance. Refund is not the solution for this as we have value for our time. An alternative should have been kept in case of technical issues.
RoutePune to Belagaum
Date FlownMarch 2022

"most mediocre Business class"

Trip Verified | I travelled in AI 309 Melbourne to New Delhi. It’s one of the most mediocre Business classes I ever travelled in. It is more like glorified Premium Economy. Some airlines premium economy is better than business class of Air India. Enough Legroom and comfortable but Zero privacy to the extent you must share the table with the person sitting next to you. No storage whatsoever. Charging points not working. If you chose the windows seat, then then you must literally jump over the aisle seat person if they are sleeping. Inflight Entertainment: The inflight entertainment is laughable. If you are not Indian, you will have like 10 movies to chose from. TV shows have only one episode. No music to listen to. Food: Its typical Indian food be prepared for that. Service: They server two meals and a round of drinks of your choice. You will be asked for drinks twice only. Cost: it was slightly cheaper than other business class when I say slightly 1200AUD less than other flights. And I chose it, which is clearly a mistake. Will not recommend this carrier.
RouteMelbourne to Delhi
Date FlownMarch 2022

"doesn't care in the least about customer service"

Trip Verified | I am horrified! I've never been treated so badly in my entire life! I showed up for my flight 3 hours early. When I went to check in, I was asked if I had filled out the Air Suvidha form. I had not, as I had not been notified by Air India that this form was required, and I looked all over their website and found no mention of this form. I have been to India 4 times before and knew to have all my pertinent documents with me, which I did, but nobody told me I had to upload them to a special website. Filling out the form was impossible to do on a cell phone, I couldn't get the documents to be small enough, so the form kept being rejected. There was nobody there helping all the people who had not filled out the form because none of them were notified in advance. There were a half dozen of us that were not permitted to check in because we were unable to complete the form on our cell phones, among those turned away were an elderly couple and a young couple with an infant baby. This is totally unconscionable! The couple with the infant baby asked if they could at least be compensated with a hotel room, and the heartless Air India employee behind the counter said, sorry there is nothing we can do for you. Then to add insult to injury, when trying to rebook the flight, Air India is charging a $300 no show fee. This airline doesn't care in the least about customer service. I will never book a flight with Air India again. Do yourself a favor and book with a different airline.
RouteNewark to Delhi
Date FlownMarch 2022

"In flight meal was good"

Trip Verified | Now after take over by Tata, change is visual when flying Air India. Did web checkin and no check in baggage so no experience of Check in/ Boarding was smooth, also flown on time and arrived on time. In flight meal was good though now they should start serving non veg in economy class too which was stopped by management few years back. Staff were courteous.
RoutePatna to Delhi
Date FlownMarch 2022

"sublime torture on this 15.5 hour journey"

Not Verified | I have often heard of horror stories of international travel in Air India but had thankfully never had to personally experience the airline on an international route. However due to a personal emergency, I had to fly Air India recently since it was the only way I could get to Chicago in time. Air India has elevated the art of flying into a sublime torture on this 15.5 hour journey. The tortuous check-in process with agents taking upto 15-20 minutes to check-in a single passenger and the general chaos at the counter in Delhi was a precursor to the horrors which awaited me on board. The aircraft was run-down and shabby, which was the second warning but the best part was when I reached my seat, I had an exit row aisle right next to the bathroom which was so narrow that I could barely wedge myself in the seat with the the ancient inflight entertainment remote bulging out and pressing into my waist. Of course this fun was enhanced by the fact that in the entire economy section not more than 4-5 seats had a working IFE system the rest of us were entertained by staring at the Air India logo on the screen for 15 hours and they even gave us complimentary headsets so that we could enjoy the feel of the cheap headsets in our ears since the system was not working anyway, The seat itself had a worn out cushion and a weird back angle and barely usable headrests, I have never been happier to exit an aircraft just so that I never have to sit in this seat again. This was not the end of it of course, the airline decided that since the flight was scheduled at an ungodly hour of 2.45 am, it makes no sense to offer food to passengers who after traveling to the airport and spending an awesome time in check-in and immigration would just not be in the mood for sustenance so they dropped some chips and a packet of cheap biscuits on the seat and served breakfast only after 5-6 hours at least hunger made the awful food more edible. After this the crew decided to rest for 6-7 hours just handing out a cup of tea in between and while theoretically we could go to the galley to make our own tea/coffee they very considerately did not keep any cups or disposable paper cups to consume the said tea/coffee in. Perhaps a game of find the cup could entertain the passengers since the IFE could not. Finally a couple of hours before landing we were offered dinner which tasted slightly better than wet cardboard. The only redeeming factor on the flight was that Air India is surprisingly generous with alcohol and still offers good whisky and gin in good portion in economy but since this was only served to the end of the flight, it did not alleviate the misery in any way. The first thing I did after reaching my destination was to cancel my return ticket with them since there is no way I can put myself through such an experience again.
Date FlownMarch 2022

"No entertainment on 16 hr flight"

Trip Verified | Worst flight I travelled ever. My flight was of 16 hrs non stop and the screen in front of me was not working at all I was not able to watch any safety protocols or see where the flight is currently, route, weather conditions. No entertainment on the 16 hrs flight. It felt like I was in a black hole or something like that. I requested the flight attendants to turn the screen on or change the seat if the screen is broken and they responded in humiliating and disrespectful way and did nothing. If the screen was not working why did you allotted the seat to me, it was very unfair with me.
RouteDelhi to Toronto
Date FlownFebruary 2022

"Worst flight experience ever"

Trip Verified | Worst flight experience ever, the chairs were broken, one couldn’t recline and other won’t stop reclining. There was a chewing gum just in front of my seat. No regular service, ring the bell and nobody will come for hours and eventually you have to go get water and everything you want. The armrest was broken as shown in the photo here. They have screen but earphones don’t work. I asked for a cup of tea I was told we are serving food right now so later will bring it, after an hour I went again n was told sorry now we can’t give you anything as we will land in one hour and we forgot to bring before. The whole crew was sitting in the back chilling.
Date FlownMarch 2022

"no proper accommodation provided"

Trip Verified | My wife's with my Infant flight was delayed 5 hrs from the actual arrival time so the domestic connecting flight missed and next flight after 10 Hrs at the airport. No food and no proper accommodation provided because of their mismanagement and my wife had to sit the whole night with luggage and our 8-month child at the Delhi airport. Complaint on the airline's website but after 1.5 months also no acknowledgment of their mistakes nor a simple reply back.
RouteSydney to Ahemdabad via Delhi
Date FlownJanuary 2022

"do not recommend anyone to fly Air India"

Not Verified | We had purchased a business class seat for my mother as she recently had major surgeries and her legs needed to stay elevated throughout the journey. The seat recline didn't work the entire time, the seat was normal as an economy class. The main reason for us to buy the Biz class for the comfort of her travel which was not the case here at all. I have try calling AI since last three days no answer. If you try to book the flight the calls goes through immediately but if you call for any other reason no one ever picks up. I have submitted an online feedback no respond. I have sent an email no response. We were told by the crew member that since she had an issue with her seat she would get a refund back, but how will one get a refund if there is no way to contact anyone? This was waste of our money. I do not recommend anyone to fly Air India.
RouteSan Francisco to Delhi