Aer Lingus

"crew were so pleasant"

Not Verified | Dublin to Chicago. Aer Lingus was very understanding and flexible during the coronavirus pandemic. We needed to change our flight once the UK and Ireland ban went into effect. They were helpful and quick with the change, at no extra fees. The flight attendants and crew were so pleasant and happy to help during our flight which helped ease our stress levels. I would recommend Aer Lingus and continue to fly with them in the future.
RouteDublin to Chicago
Date FlownMarch 2020

"I want an immediate refund"

Trip Verified | We are due to fly from Dublin in April to Izmir. Aer Lingus are offering a reschedule to an unknown date in the future and waving the admin fee or a voucher. I want an immediate refund.
RouteDublin to Izmir
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"refused to refund or exchange"

Trip Verified | Chicago to Dublin. Due to the pandemic I decided not to fly to Dublin tomorrow as planned. Aer Lingus refused to refund or exchange my ticket. I understood that was the case when the ticket was purchased last November, but under the circumstances I would think the airline would work with us. However, they refused to do anything and said it was our choice not to go on the trip. Why would we travel when everyone is advising against it. I'm very sad to cancel my trip but Aer Lingus is making it worse by not refunding our money. I was told if my ticket was purchased after March 6 I could get a refund. Who buys an international ticket that close to a trip date? My flight is scheduled for March 15. I will never recommend this airline to anyone.
RouteChicago to Dublin
Date FlownMarch 2020

"imposed a 100$ fee to change flight"

Not Verified | The response from this airline to the Coronavirus is highly unethical. I had a flight to Dublin, yet the government of Ireland announced the country was going to be on lock down due to the virus . I was not willing to get stuck there nor risk my health, yet the airline imposed a 100$ fee to change flight and the change difference ranged from 300-800 for different dates. They are offering no options to customers other than forfeiting all amount of the trip, knowing there is an epidemic. Most of the other airlines at least have offered to cancel fees for changing dates. This is the worst airline and obviously have no human values within their company.
RouteChicago to Dublin
Date FlownMarch 2020

"they offered no flexibility"

Trip Verified | The response to the COVID-19 situation by Aer Lingus has been lackluster to say the least. Aer Lingus has literally not a single mention of "COVID" or "coronavirus" across their website, even as they have shut down all flights to and from Italy. Also, despite the "Avoid Travel" warnings from the US CDC and State Dept, they offered no flexibility in terms of changing my existing flight to Rome, but once I was here, they axed all flights to and from Italy. After they had cancelled my flight, I called them, and found they were unable to accommodate me in a flight from Geneva, which they serve, and is the nearest location they serve that's accessible by train. Also my understanding is they would have charged me any fare difference for such a flight. RyanAir saved me in this situation with a direct flight to Dublin, and honestly they are leagues beyond Aer Lingus in terms of response to the COVID situation. The Aer Lingus cabin crew are excellent however, shame the leadership at Aer Lingus has done such a bad job planning and responding to the COVID situation.
RouteSeattle to Rome via Dublin
Date FlownMarch 2020

"most airlines are allowing changes"

Trip Verified | Toronto to Dublin. It is astounding that Aer Lingus is not allowing people who have existing bookings (ours is for tomorrow - Mar. 11) to change them without the per person / per direction change fee, which is not cheap. They have announced that new bookings can be changed with no fee, but are not making this policy change retroactive. I'm not even asking for a refund - a credit for 12 months would be acceptable. I live in Canada and have always flown Air Canada internationally, but decided to give the flag airline for the Republic of Ireland a try this time for our first trip to Ireland. Friends of ours have gotten credit from Air Canada, so I guess I have learned my lesson. My understanding is that most airlines are allowing changes with no change fees. We are so disappointed to have to cancel our trip to Ireland - our daughter was in tears. We feel very badly for the small businesses in Ireland, like B&Bs and hotels, but they were all willing to give us a refund, even when rules should have prevented it, but not Aer Lingus. If Aer Lingus won't offer flexibility, we won't be using Aer Lingus in the future, and I will actively recommend to anyone who will listen that they shouldn't either.
RouteToronto to Dublin
Date FlownMarch 2020

"would not waive their change fee"

Not Verified | Boston to Dublin. We had to cancel our flight due to the virus outbreak and they would not waive their change fee of $600 to change our flights to the Summer, they will waive all change fees for new customers only, clearly sending the message that they do not care about their current customers while whey are trying to entice new business. It is times like this that a company shows its real corporate morals and what they really think about their customers. This is not how one builds customer loyalty. We will never book with them again.
RouteBoston to Dublin
Date FlownMarch 2020

"Disappointed with their unsympathetic response"

Not Verified | Very dissatisfied with Aer Lingus’s customer service and policy concerning flight change charges due to corona virus. Disappointed with their unsympathetic response, especially since other airlines are waiving change fees due to this crisis. Am of course willing to pay the additional charge for a summer flight, but at this point, will never use Aer Lingus again and advise family and friends to look elsewhere. Not customer friendly.
RouteBoston to Dublin
Date FlownMarch 2020

"great flight with Aer Lingus"

Trip Verified | Dublin to Los Angeles. Had a great flight with Aer Lingus. Comfy seat with plenty of leg room, and even better having a row to myself. Food was ok, edible. IFE was average with an okay choice of TV/ movies however the touch screen was really responsive. I must give a special shout out to Rachel (cabin crew) on my EI145 flight on Feb 21st who went above and beyond taking care of me. I advised I was slightly nervous flying and she did all that she can to make me feel comfortable. Had really great chats also and she always had a smile on her face when walking through the cabin. I would definitely fly Aer Lingus again and would recommend their transatlantic service. Pre clearing US customs in Dublin Airport is also the best thing ever.
AircraftA330-200
RouteDublin to Los Angeles
Date FlownFebruary 2020

"last experience with this airline"

Trip Verified | Arrived in Dublin for return flight to Amsterdam. We had no issues with the inbound flight. Ticket counter insisted that we pay for baggage when it was included in the price of the ticket and we weren't charged inbound. After calling for assistance it was straightened out but with an attitude. They treated us as if we were trying to scam them . The flight was canceled due to weather in Amsterdam. We were offered to fly to Brussels in 3 hours and take a bus to Amsterdam. They assured us aer lingus staff would assist in Brussels. We flew to Brussels. Nobody works there from aer lingus. No staff to assist. By the time slow baggage was received the bus left . We were directed to the swissport counter and were given a taxi voucher to Amsterdam for the 2 hour drive. When I asked where the aer lingus staff were who were promised to assist they laughed and said there is no staff they just say that. Weather happens. You can give timely gate announcements and rebooking without an attitude that it is the passenger's fault. You cannot assume every passenger is lying about baggage and then have an attitude when wrong. I believe this will be the last experience with this airline.
RouteDublin to Amsterdam