Aer Lingus

"Would definitely recommend"

Not Verified | London to New York via Shannon. Great airline! Would definitely recommend to family/friends, the cabin crew took great care of us. Unfortunately I have a nut allergy, the cabin crew on board made our day when the she went into her own supply of food and gave me her sandwich and cake bar, because I couldn't be sure if i could have the food on-board. The recline in the seat was great, comfy and fitting to my figure. The IFE wasn't the best but had a great selection of movies. Highly recommend.
RouteLondon to New York via Shannon
Date FlownJune 2018

"they are my favorite airline"

Trip Verified | Philadelphia to Dublin. The staff in PHL gave us each a water bottle as we boarded. Even though the plane was 20 years old, every seat had an IFE screen and USB plug. There was no power socket or WiFi. The IFE had many hours of entertainment. The only problem was when the earbuds were plugged in, it only played through one bud. I had to push it in with one hand the whole time. The food was the best. It was simple Irish beef stew, but it was some of the best food I’ve eaten. Flight Attendants were the best crew I’ve ever experienced. We landed in Dublin an hour early at 4:45AM. Over all, they are my favorite airline.
RoutePhiladelphia to Dublin
Date FlownMay 2018

"how helpful they were"

Not Verified | Dublin to Boston. I had a very stressful experience as when I got up to the counter to check in the lady informed me that my esta had been deleted by the American embassy. I was already running late so the lady told me to go to the side and get a new esta. I was so panicked as I really didn’t have the money to book a later flight and then the supervisor came over I can’t remember her name and I explained my situation and she could see how upset and worried I was so she called a girl over to help me. The lady who came over to help me had the patience of a saint she practically did the whole esta for me she couldn’t be more helpful! We finally got my esta done and the supervisor brought me through fast track so I made my flight. I can’t thank the Aer Lingus staff enough on how helpful they were with me really really nice people.
RouteDublin to Boston
Date FlownNovember 2018

"shocked at his attitude"

Trip Verified | Dublin to Gatwick. I have a shoulder injury and find it difficult to put even a lightweight bag up into the overhead locker. I asked a young male cabin crew member to assist me and he refused. Furthermore he told be he had a back problems which I am surprised he shared and in an "I dont want to help you" way. I responded - Ok I will wait for assistance and he just walked away. Another passenger when asked kindly helped me. I was shocked at his attitude to customer service and lack of concern or interest. I will not be choosing this airline again.
RouteDublin to Gatwick
Date FlownNovember 2018

"I was very disappointed in them"

Trip Verified | Flew Dublin to Malaga. This was my first time flying Aer Lingus, and I was very disappointed in them. They don’t even offer complimentary water during the flight, I can understand paying for drinks alcoholic or non-alcoholic, and food but water, a necessity to life. We all know flying dehydrates you so not to offer free water, well I don’t think much of this airline. I am a world frequent traveler and never have I seen this.
RouteDublin to Malaga

"a terrible disappointment"

Trip Verified | Berlin to Toronto via Dublin. What a terrible disappointment. The layover in Dublin was deliberately scheduled so as to make it impossible to get to the connecting flight in time, given the way shuttle buses and passport control operate there. The only reason I (and many other passengers) didn't miss our connecting flight was that an airport staff member escorted us past the regular line. Then Aer Lingus lost my bag. I won't even go into the long bureaucratic back-and-forth I had to engage in to get it. Most importantly, I was informed at the airport that I could buy some necessities and Aer Lingus would reimburse me. I did (spending a mere 35 dollars on clothes and a toiletries) and submitted my reimbursement claim through their website. They acknowledged receipt and said they would transfer reimburse me. That was over three months ago. The only message I from them since then, despite repeated attempts to contact them, was that they supposedly couldn't transfer the money to my Canadian bank account. (I live in Germany and don't have a Canadian bank account. I have indicated my account details in ev ery communication.) Since then, they have not responded to any of my messages, or transferred the money. I booked a flight with a BA number and didn't know it would be operated by Aer Lingus at first. From now I will make sure never to fly with them again.
RouteBerlin to Toronto via Dublin
Date FlownJuly 2018

"crew tired and disinterested"

Trip Verified | Dublin to Heathrow. Firstly, I booked my ticket via a travel agent and later found out the price I paid the agency was not for all I needed. I had to use the Aer Lingus website and then pay extra online for my luggage and preferred seat. I was not at all impressed with this side of things. I am a frequent flyer with 2 major airlines both of whom are supposedly partners of Aer Lingus. Whenever I have used EI on this route I do not receive my frequent flyer points and this is a major cause for me to not use them in the future. I was able to check-in online in advance of the flight. Bag drop was efficient but there were no uniformed staff around to help at all. There were elderly people and a non-English speaking family struggling to use the automated bag drop. I assisted 2 elderly people. This is not good enough. Boarding was not well organised at all and no announcement was made with regards to making a queue and / or the boarding order. Passengers were allowed far too much hand luggage and there was no consistency in how this was managed alas. The cabin crew failed to assist an older lady with her bag with regards to accessing an overhead locker. Announcements from the captain were robotic and the crew seemed to be rather tired and disinterested. I had one empty seat next to me and an otherwise very full flight and the window seat was occupied by a passenger clearly under the influence of alcohol. To my astonishment the cabin crew sold this person more alcohol during the flight! Landing was efficient and disembarkation slow and chaotic as luggage had been dispersed all over the plane by passengers with too much luggage. I am not at all pleased with Aer Lingus on this occasion and think they should be far more diligent and responsible than was the case on this occasion. I shall add that the hidden prices and inability of this airline to process my frequent flyer programme have put me off booking my next trip with them. A once proud national carrier should do better.
RouteDublin to London
Date FlownOctober 2018

"baggage not loaded on to my flight"

Trip Verified | Flew on the Aer Lingus flight EI37 from Heathrow to Belfast. Boarding in orderly as was the service onboard. We were a little delayed in leaving London due to ATC and landed on Belfast just before 21:00pm. Can't say too much about Aer Lingus other that you get what you pay for. However, for the 2nd time in just over 6 weeks I again was left in Belfast without my baggage as it was not loaded on to my flight. I went to the lost Baggage counter and spoke with a lady who was totally disinterested in my plight and mechanically went through the process of filling out the forms. There is no one from Aer Lingus at the airport that you can speak with and calling the numbers that the lost baggage lady provided me even though the number is a Republic of Ireland number you are transferred through to a call center in India. I eventually got my Baggage the next day at 16:35pm without any apology from Aer Lingus, need less to say I will not be traveling Aer Lingus anytime soon.
RouteLondon to Belfast
Date FlownOctober 2018

"not the service I pay for"

(Hong Kong)

Trip Verified | I was refused entrance to the Heathrow lounge despite being a full flex fare traveler, in possession of lounge invitation and being a silver aerclub member. The Aer Lingus staff on the desk refused entrance because I didn’t have a plastic aerclub card and refused to either look it up my aerclub and booking details on the system, despite the aerclub member number being clearly printed on boarding pass etc . After 20 minutes arguing with you staff I got in. But this is not the service I pay a premium fare for.
RouteLondon to Cork
Date FlownNovember 2017

"late arrival by 3 hours"

Trip Verified | Newcastle to Chicago via Dublin. Late boarding and late arrival by 3 hours, two excuses by the pilot (First Officer delayed by a car accident and a technical inspection of aircraft - so which was it?). Another delay coming home from Chicago. Lost baggage in Sept 2017. Won't use them again. Last three trips we've had issues.
AircraftA330-200