Aer Lingus

"My flight was cancelled"

Trip Verified | My flight was cancelled for some reason; the airline didn’t even had the courtesy or system in place to notify the customers. I came to know when I tried to go through airport security as they couldn’t locate the flight. The airline company sent no email, text message or updated the information online so that customers are aware. I was put on a flight 25 hours later. I missed my work and had to figure out my myself the place to stay in the interim. I had to pay out of my pocket for the stay. When I called customer service they refused to help. The online customer service refused to help or compensate for cancellation as well. Now I wonder why would anyone with sane mind ever use such irresponsible airline company.
RouteManchester to New York via Dublin
Date FlownOctober 2020

"Customer service has been absolutely appalling"

Not Verified | After months of sending emails and requests I finally received an Aer Lingus voucher for a flight cancelled in May. It now transpires that I cannot even use this voucher to pay for an outstanding balance on changing flight dates with Aer Lingus. Customer service has been absolutely appalling throughout.
RouteEdinburgh to Dublin
Date FlownMarch 2020

"flight could have been much better"

Not Verified | The cabin crew were polite although not so attentive. Before takeoff, they went through the safety procedure talk although it wasn’t very clear and from where I was sitting I couldn’t really see what they were demonstrating. Some other passenger was wearing headphones while takeoff and was sleeping. They were told to take them out but as they were sleeping they didn’t hear and the crew member didn’t even look to see if they did it. A bumpy landing in Dusseldorf. I love the livery but this flight could have been much better. Also, the drinks service was too late and I didn’t have time to finish my drink.
RouteDublin to Dusseldorf
Date FlownOctober 2019

"no in-flight service whatsoever"

Not Verified | We flew from Belfast to Edinburgh and return on Aer Lingus Regional, operated by Stobart Air. On the plus side both flights were both on time. On the negative side the fares were expensive compared to a competitor or the route, although we liked the convenience of flying from Belfast City so were prepared to pay a premium. Also, we had paid for a checked bag as our cabin sized bag was too large for Aer Lingus Regional’s tiny cabin baggage allowance. However, when boarding many other passengers were allowed to bring on all sorts of larger cabin luggage on board with nothing said by the ground staff or cabin crew. The cabin crew, while polite, just went through the motions, there was no in-flight service whatsoever which was disappointing as there was nothing open in the airport prior to boarding. The crew blamed Covid-19 regulations, but other airlines are managing to offer a service.
AircraftATR72-600
RouteBelfast City to Edinburgh
Date FlownSeptember 2020

"a splendid representative"

Not Verified | A big shout out to Margaret who was working on the Aer Lingus ticket desk on friday last 28th August. You dealt with my sister Debrah who was flying to Boston that day. We had a race against time to get extra paperwork. The code of conduct, customer service, empathy, understanding and compassion were second to none. I always knew Aer Lingus were known to treat their customers with care and thats exactly what you did, you proved that right. Aer Lingus this lady is a splendid representative of your company and she should win employee of the year.
RouteDublin to Boston
Date FlownAugust 2020

"haven't tried to get in touch or respond"

Not Verified | Booked flights from Birmingham to Dublin, Aer Lingus rescheduled the flights from Heathrow instead, a month on and they haven't tried to get in touch or respond to my request for refund. They're coasting along on government grants and ignoring their customers completely. Disgusting.
RouteBirmingham to Dublin
Date FlownJune 2020

"a mediocre airline"

Not Verified | Aer Lingus is a mediocre airline. The economy class seats are old and could use some refurbishments on the A330. Also, the seat is tight and there is very little room to have a good sleep. The food was mediocre. The IFE had a decent selection of American content with the majority being Irish shows. The in-seat universal power had hard time holding an iPhone charger. This issue was brought to the cabin crew by many passengers but the only response I got was that the old A330s had so much wear and tear that the outlets didn't work.
RouteWashington to Dublin
Date FlownAugust 2019

"the person hung up on me"

Not Verified | I applied for a voucher because my flight was cancelled due to corona-virus, I received an email to say they had received my voucher request on 23/03/20. I have made two phone calls to Aer lingus the first one said they would escalate my request. In my second call they said they had no record of my earlier (two weeks previous) escalation. I was given an escalation number and I asked if nearly four months of waiting is long enough, the person hung up on me after getting through and her putting me on hold took about forty five minutes.
RouteBirmingham to Shannon
Date FlownApril 2020

"I can not wait to move my money elsewhere"

Not Verified | So so bad. Customer service is so poor it feels an intentional act to make you give up. You get through to a call centre somewhere in the Americas where the line is so faint and scratchy that communication is hard, compounded by staff who do not speak English as their first language and mistakes are made frequently. Their website is almost not worth having or using as it's so unstable, unreliable and random that you can not trust it at all. I've even tried contacting their head office but they just ignore you. I've only used Aer Lingus out of necessity in lock down and I will move my weekly commutes back to Easyjet or anyone else as soon as possible - I can not wait to move my money elsewhere.
RouteBelfast to London
Date FlownJune 2020

"Waiting for voucher refund"

Trip Verified | Waiting since 24th March for voucher refund, after a lot off emails they said it was emailed to me approx end off May but I never received the voucher. Since then no response to my emails and customer service is a disgrace. My rating is based on customer service only.
RouteDublin to Izmir