Dallas Fort-Worth Airport

Dallas Fort-Worth Airport customer review

3 hour stop over and not a hope of catching the one flight to Fort Myers. Totally unresponsive staff resulted in a 20 hour wait for the next flight. We have 7 of us doing the same in August and we are dreading it.

Dallas Fort-Worth Airport customer review

If you are making a connection from an international flight allow at least 3 hrs to catch your next flight. It takes around 60-90 min for immigration alone. They have 8 or 10 booths but I have never seen more than 4 open. Then another 30-60 min to get your luggage back through to your connection. My last lay over there was 3.5 hrs and I almost missed my flight and my luggage did not make the connection. Huge airport that is very very understaffed all of the time. The staff they do have is mostly clueless so if you need advice I recommend asking one of the Airline Representatives who are much more friendly and helpful. If you need a rest break catch one before the departure gates the ones there are usually completely trashed and disgusting. One positive is the Tram is nice but they need it as it is a very long way between gates.

Dallas Fort-Worth Airport customer review

Stayed at the Hyatt in Terminal D specifically to make our 5.15 am flight only problem is they offer no terminal OR SKYLINK until 4.30am even though a kind service personnel called for a bus we missed our flight. No sense staying at the Hyatt in terminal D if you've got an early flight out of any terminal except D.

(Mexico)

2 hrs to go through immigration and I was in transit. There were 60 booths and only 9 had agents. Had to go through customs and security check only to get back into the terminal. I thought LAX was bad but this is ridiculous.
Airport Shopping N/A

Dallas Fort-Worth Airport customer review

Flew into DFW from Sydney last month on a Qantas 747 with the intentions of comparing it to the other common gateway for similar travels Los Angeles International which I had used on the previous 4 trips across the Pacific. The perceived advantage that Dallas has over LAX is that it places travellers like me geographically closer to my final destination of New York City. After weighing all of the positives and negatives this is the only real edge that I experienced. Immigration took longer at Dallas than any of my prior trips through LAX. DFW had plenty of immigration lanes but unfortunately a very large percentage were closed. My craft certainly was not the only international jumbo on the ground at the time either. People sometimes complain about the supposed hassles of connecting at LAX but again the process took longer at DFW than it ever had at LAX for me. Yes you have to exit and then re-enter the terminal after the international flight here just as you do in Los Angeles. Maybe Dallas' airport light rail is more comfortable and easier with luggage than the internal bus system that Los Angeles has but not really enough to sway me. The real disadvantage for now is the fact that DFW does not have the physical infrastructure to handle the large A380 Airbus which is a leap above the Boeing 747 in many aspects. Until that changes it is really back to LAX for my travels.

Dallas Fort-Worth Airport customer review

Huge airport but very easy to get around. Skytram is inside security so 10 minutes or so to get from the two most distanced terminals. I switched from C to A so took all of 4 minutes once tram arrived. Easy to get to well marked. It is a very busy airport but lots of services. Fairly clean consider how busy. Too bad LA or NYC airports don't follow this example.

(Mexico)

This airport is absolutely enormous. It is very far from one terminal to the next. Both the monorail system (Skytrain) and the Terminal Link bus convey passengers to the different terminals. The terminals themselves are very nice and modern. Security screening involved lengthy lines although passengers in wheelchairs get priority. Unfortunately all the food outlets are airside so it is necessary to go through security screening before getting something to eat or if you are exiting the terminal you must get your food before you leave the airside area and take it out with you. Unlike airports in Asia there are no smoking kiosks near the gates; the smoking areas are outside the terminals. Immigration is in a huge room which was very crowded when I entered. There was a customs officer pre-screening passengers entering the immigration section. Customs itself was smooth and non-eventful. Baggage claim went fairly quickly despite the number of passengers arriving at the same time that I did. Overall I was impressed with the system at this airport and would not hesitate to fly through here again.

(Brazil)

While a lot of walking was involved form our plane to Immigration once we got to the agents the process went very quickly. Almost no wait. Customs quick too. Modern American Airlines Admirals Club. Overall a spacious airport. Signage for the tram can be a bit confusing (when we later landed at Terminal C it didn't really seem to matter which tram we took to the international terminal) but overall a good airport. It does apparently experience weather delays at least in the summer. The night before we arrived flights were delayed for hours by thunderstorms.

Dallas Fort-Worth Airport customer review

DFW has 5 terminals ABCD and E. D Terminal is the international terminal is very nice and has many shops and eating establishments parking for terminal D is great with that said ABC and E are not very nice small ales and sitting areas with very few power outlets for travels. The seating itself is old and stained. The most frustrating is the parking the multi level parking garages have no elevators so if you park in the upper levels you must carry your luggage up and down very narrow stairs. Security lines are often long and no on seems to be in hurry. Driving to the airport is offend very congestive and difficult to get in or out areas of the airport. I live in the Dallas area and travel out of this airport almost every week.

Dallas Fort-Worth Airport customer review

Arrived from Los Cabo to DFW and had a 2 hour lay-over before my American Airlines Connection to New York LGA. First of all we were greeted by a long winding line at the immigration counter where there were just 6 officers! The lines moved slowly and painfully. I tried to persuade security officers to let me go ahead in the line but was met with a firm "There are plenty of flights to New York it is ok to miss this one! You are ok!" I have been to several immigration counters - DFW was the worst! After 90 minutes to finally clear immigration and another 10 minutes to clear customs we rushed to the AA boarding gate. Before we could get anywhere close to our gate we had to go through a security and body scan. Another painful 55 minutes followed. I could see many other passengers frantic and anxious in the line. I would make it at least 15 passengers within earshot in the line who had already missed their connections.