Dallas Fort-Worth Airport

Dallas Fort-Worth Airport customer review

DFW is a great place to wait out an airport delay as often happens. There are good restaurants there good shopping huge terminals to get a little walking exercise and those great massage chairs that I never pass up using. I use this airport very frequently and love it. It's a bit far out of Dallas and the traffic is abominable out there but the airport itself can hardly be faulted.

Dallas Fort-Worth Airport customer review

I've connected through DFW on 12 separate flights and have never had a problem getting from terminal to terminal. Yes it would be great if I arrived at Gate A5 and departed at Gate A6 every time (this actually happened to me once!) but that's not a reasonable expectation at any airport. The SkyTrain takes me where I need to go in an acceptable amount of time and with a minimal amount of fuss. I like the simple and logical layout of DFW with gates on the outside and shops restrooms and restaurants on the inside of each semicircle-shaped terminal. To those who say that "DFW has the worst layout of any airport" I would add "...except for all the other airports at which I've connected". Now if they would only make a place for smokers inside security.

Dallas Fort-Worth Airport customer review

Flew in to the new international terminal and was impressed with its size and facilities - well it is Texas. The decor was a bit bland but that's not the purpose of the facility. The real kicker was in the security clearance for the domestic leg. There was a mother with two small children--an infant in meltdown mode and a two year old who was doing his best after flying overnight. The gatekeeper was a sour looking woman who seemed most delighted by having the authority to say "no". The mom in all the confusion had not removed her shoes and was sent back to rectify this open challenge to the rules. She went through with the baby and Little Miss Sunshine noted that the boy had both shoes and a sweater on! Her response was two-fold first she prohibited mom from going back to help and responded to the child by telling him that mommy was going to leave him unless he played by the rules. There was not a person in line who was not ready to tackle her and beat her senseless but that is not the best approach these days. Finally a decidely non Latino TSA male came over squatted down and spoke at length to the child in Spanish. Big credits for his help. But overall it was "security" at its most absurd. Transfer to Terminal A on SkyLink was fine after that and the rest of the time there was ordinary airport time.

Dallas Fort-Worth Airport customer review

Because of the way DFW is set and because the airport is so sprawling it is an absolute necessity know the arrival gate when picking someone up. Without that you are lost. We are new to Dallas and it is almost impossible to get an accurate gate designation. I must leave in 30 minutes to pick up my party - and their flight arrival info isn't yet posted on the airport website. In light of the way the airport is set up DFW must do a better job of informing patrons of arrival gates - and not 10 minutes before the flight lands! It sucks right now.

Dallas Fort-Worth Airport customer review

Flew through DFW last week and due to inclement weather I had to spend the night at the airport. If you're in this situation look for the kids play areas in the middle of Terminals B and C. They have long couches that you can really stretch out on; much more comfortable than the gate area chairs!

Dallas Fort-Worth Airport customer review

I've connected at DFW on AA twice in the past week and I must admit that my opinions about DFW have improved. It appears that AA now has enough elbow room with operations in terminals A B C and D... so the terminals themselves are not the jam-packed cattle pens they used to be. Skylink is an improvement over the older Airtrans people-mover system. Interior signage and aesthetics are okay not great. I noticed that many of the digital clocks have been removed so one can't tell with a glance while walking down the concourse what time it is... but that's a minor point.

Dallas Fort-Worth Airport customer review

This is my hometown airport. It's great to fly out of and fine to fly back into as a final destination. But I cannot imagine have to change planes here even with the Skylink. Real hassle. On the upside the new terminal D is very very cool and the staff is extremely nice and helpful. (They have volunteers in cowboy hats to welcome you and offer help and directions.) The restaurants and shops are reasonably priced and good quality.

Dallas Fort-Worth Airport customer review

Never thought I'd write these words but I had a very agreeable TSA experience when transiting DFW the other week. Having along with a herd of fellow PAX deposited my hand baggage items + shoes on the conveyor for scanning I then filed through the x-ray brandishing my boarding pass and photo ID. The man checking these engaged in pleasant chat with everyone who passed through - "How are you doing Sir/Madam?" and commented on our destinations - "Tampa Florida Sir? Nice place..." OK so it was a bit of an charade but I welcomed the injection of a bit of humanity to took the sting out of a normally stressful experience. So has the DFW example of the TSA human touch been rolled out nationally? Anything but it seems - thus at TPA just two of us in line boarding passes and photo IDs in hand - but this did not stop a martinet TSA person from bellowing at us harshly to have these items ready (with an absence of Please! too) - she did not even bother to check that we were ready for her which makes one wonder about the actual vigilance of TSA employees. Likewise long security lines at STL encouraged a TSA guy to bellow at (and irritate) all and sundry.

Dallas Fort-Worth Airport customer review

Connected in DFW enroute SEA-DCA. Clean comfortable and with great amenities. Choices for eating were good. Found the concourse to be light-filled with good views of the airside. Transit time was brief but I would not hesitate to go through DFW again.

Dallas Fort-Worth Airport customer review

With the new Terminal D DFW has become much much better. Customs & Immigration are the quickest most efficient that I have seen at any US airport. International baggage claim is fast as well. If you are connecting to another flight however it can be a bit confusing. When visited there were several different baggage recheck stations depending on destination and there was not much direction available. Signage for inter-terminal connections in the International arrivals area is also in need of improvement. AA's domestic terminals (A and C primarily) continue to be renovated and are improving. Terminal D departures area is easily the nicest in the whole airport if not the state.