Dallas Fort-Worth Airport

"experience was terrible"

Trip Verified | The service is awful. 2 men in uniform in terminal D had accents and didn't seem to fully understand me when I asked for help finding American Airlines desk to obtain boarding pass. The AA desk was empty. Then the TSA lady at check-in was rude and unfriendly complaining to her colleague next to her how she disliked her job as she checked my pass. The TSA staff at the scanners gave little guidance and talked over me. I rarely travel by plane and this experience was terrible.

"Avoid if you can"

Not Verified | My checked bag was accidentally taken by someone and the airport staff refused to help me retrieve it. I had to run across the whole airport myself to find it! The airport staff instructed me to exit through a set of doors and ensured that I’d be allowed back inside, which I was not. So I had to wait for my parents to arrive for 3 hours outside the airport. The American Airlines staff and baggage claim staff were as rude as could be as I kept my cool and was polite through the whole situation. Avoid if you can!

"Really upsetting"

Trip Verified | I had a 5 am flight along with 28 other passengers and we all missed our flight and were given incorrect info at the security gate. We were told the only security gate that was open was the one that opened at 4:30 am. We then all missed our flight due to not getting through security in time. We are now all on standby for the next flight. Spending $1000 on a cruise out of Miami might not even happen now and will all go down the drain. Worst experience of my life. Really upsetting.
Date VisitMay 2019

"the worst experience I have had at DFW airport"

Not Verified | Upon arrival at airport the instructions on the plane say to sign into mobile passport for faster customs checks. So we did this and have used these services before with no problems. We went to the line mobile passport just to be put in line with everyone else. Then moved to another line with even slower service. When the staff was asked why the mobile passport people had to go through the line. Nobody would answer the question and just say to stay right here. After getting through the line, I found another staff member and asked him the same question and he said "just keep walking good bye". So with no answer how am I suppose to know what to do next time. As an American citizen we are being led around by people that cant understand nor hold a conversation in English. We fly have flown American Airlines for a long time but things need to be corrected. I will be doing some comparisons with Southwest from now on. I dont normally leave reviews but this evening 5/16/19 coming in on AA1385 was the worst experience I have had at DFW airport.
Date VisitMay 2019

"Avoid this place if you can"

Not Verified | Possibly the worst airport I have been to. Ridiculous entry arrangements. The automated system is marshalled by staff, many of whom can't speak English and those that do don't have a clue what is going on. When you finally clear the automated stuff you then queue for ages and then do the same stuff over with a over officious "guard"who is basically a little man in an important uniform. Very rude. Whilst this long protracted chaos is unfolding they are playing on a loop a glossy video saying how welcome you are. Well it doesn't feel like it. Then comes the chaos of the bag reclaim you have been in security so long there are numerous flights per carousel and no indication of which one your bags may be on. The staff are generally lazy, non English speakers, unclear of what is going on and/or downright rude. Avoid this place if you can.
Date VisitMay 2019

"border patrol better than TSA"

Trip Verified | How is it that customs and border patrol have better service than the TSA and airport staff? The dog sniffer ran into me twice. I waited 10 minutes to have my bag checked. The lady who was supposed to be waving me through the metal detector treated the foreigners in front of me like animals. She was waving at them so indignantly I was horrified. I bet she would have reacted violently if someone had done that to her. Then, on our way to the gate, my friend was almost run over by the vehicle transporting people. To top it all off, they were broadcasting CNN. Give me a break!

"TSA was a joke"

Not Verified | Was flying through DFW from San Jose del Cabo to Chicago on April 1. We had an hour 45 min layover. There were approximately 400 people in the immigration area trying to get through three lines. TSA was a joke, very disorganized, slow, and TSA people standing around doing nothing. We were able to get through a TSA check at ORD quicker with three times the number of people in line on our way to Mexico. My husband waited 10+ minutes for someone to go through his bag, as it needed extra checking. We arrived at our gate to find to doors already closed. We were put on standby for the next/last flight to Chicago. There were 34 people on standby for that flight. My family did get to fly home that night but shame on American for overbooking all three of my flights on this trip.
Date VisitApril 2019

"a whole different level of ick"

Trip Verified | We took our daughter into Terminal A this morning at 8:30 to check her in for her flight back to school. We entered through A15. As we walked up to the door, we were met by an overwhelming sewage stench. Once through the door, we saw people asleep on the chairs (one man with his pants down to his knees, thankfully, he was wearing underwear) and on the floor, they had been there for awhile. I don't think they were passengers, as they were far removed from baggage claim and ticketing. As far as I know, there was no weather - or airline-related reason for people to be sleeping in the terminal. My daughter reports that the sewage stench is prevalent at her gate (A15), so this isn't just an isolated situation. What's the deal, DFW? The airport suffers from lax housekeeping in general, but this is a whole different level of ick. Are the homeless allowed to sleep in the terminals? Is someone on the sewage thing? Dallas is a world class city with a third-world airport.
Date VisitMarch 2019

"focuses on excellent staff"

Trip Verified | This airport focuses on excellent staff and that makes all the difference. Additionally with the exception of one terminal the airport is clean and modern. Here’s to hoping the fix terminal C!
Date VisitMarch 2019

"it is the slowest system"

Not Verified | I don’t know what DFW paid for this new check system at A22 security checkpoint, but it is the slowest system I’ve seen in my 30 years of flying! Absolutely unbelievable waste of money and time.
Date VisitFebruary 2019