Dallas Fort-Worth Airport

Dallas Fort-Worth Airport customer review

Because of the way DFW is set and because the airport is so sprawling it is an absolute necessity know the arrival gate when picking someone up. Without that you are lost. We are new to Dallas and it is almost impossible to get an accurate gate designation. I must leave in 30 minutes to pick up my party - and their flight arrival info isn't yet posted on the airport website. In light of the way the airport is set up DFW must do a better job of informing patrons of arrival gates - and not 10 minutes before the flight lands! It sucks right now.

Dallas Fort-Worth Airport customer review

Flew through DFW last week and due to inclement weather I had to spend the night at the airport. If you're in this situation look for the kids play areas in the middle of Terminals B and C. They have long couches that you can really stretch out on; much more comfortable than the gate area chairs!

Dallas Fort-Worth Airport customer review

I've connected at DFW on AA twice in the past week and I must admit that my opinions about DFW have improved. It appears that AA now has enough elbow room with operations in terminals A B C and D... so the terminals themselves are not the jam-packed cattle pens they used to be. Skylink is an improvement over the older Airtrans people-mover system. Interior signage and aesthetics are okay not great. I noticed that many of the digital clocks have been removed so one can't tell with a glance while walking down the concourse what time it is... but that's a minor point.

Dallas Fort-Worth Airport customer review

This is my hometown airport. It's great to fly out of and fine to fly back into as a final destination. But I cannot imagine have to change planes here even with the Skylink. Real hassle. On the upside the new terminal D is very very cool and the staff is extremely nice and helpful. (They have volunteers in cowboy hats to welcome you and offer help and directions.) The restaurants and shops are reasonably priced and good quality.

Dallas Fort-Worth Airport customer review

Never thought I'd write these words but I had a very agreeable TSA experience when transiting DFW the other week. Having along with a herd of fellow PAX deposited my hand baggage items + shoes on the conveyor for scanning I then filed through the x-ray brandishing my boarding pass and photo ID. The man checking these engaged in pleasant chat with everyone who passed through - "How are you doing Sir/Madam?" and commented on our destinations - "Tampa Florida Sir? Nice place..." OK so it was a bit of an charade but I welcomed the injection of a bit of humanity to took the sting out of a normally stressful experience. So has the DFW example of the TSA human touch been rolled out nationally? Anything but it seems - thus at TPA just two of us in line boarding passes and photo IDs in hand - but this did not stop a martinet TSA person from bellowing at us harshly to have these items ready (with an absence of Please! too) - she did not even bother to check that we were ready for her which makes one wonder about the actual vigilance of TSA employees. Likewise long security lines at STL encouraged a TSA guy to bellow at (and irritate) all and sundry.

Dallas Fort-Worth Airport customer review

Connected in DFW enroute SEA-DCA. Clean comfortable and with great amenities. Choices for eating were good. Found the concourse to be light-filled with good views of the airside. Transit time was brief but I would not hesitate to go through DFW again.

Dallas Fort-Worth Airport customer review

With the new Terminal D DFW has become much much better. Customs & Immigration are the quickest most efficient that I have seen at any US airport. International baggage claim is fast as well. If you are connecting to another flight however it can be a bit confusing. When visited there were several different baggage recheck stations depending on destination and there was not much direction available. Signage for inter-terminal connections in the International arrivals area is also in need of improvement. AA's domestic terminals (A and C primarily) continue to be renovated and are improving. Terminal D departures area is easily the nicest in the whole airport if not the state.

Dallas Fort-Worth Airport customer review

I live in the Dallas area and use DFW frequently. If DFW is your starting or end point it's not a bad airport really. Parking is plentiful and if you live in the area it's especially nice that you can use your TollTag to pay for parking and avoid the lines! Security rarely takes more than 10 minutes to get through; even if your line is backed up there are a minimum of 3 checkpoints in each terminal so you can just walk to another one and then walk to your gate (and now with the new inter terminal train it's a legitimate option to go through security in a different terminal altogether if you're flying AA). Bags usuallly come quickly - generally 20 minutes or less - and having the baggage claim right outside your gate area is a nice touch. If you're coming in from overseas immigration is also relatively hassle free. I frequently take the Lufthansa FRA-DFW flight that arrives mid-afternoon and I've never had to wait in line more than 20 minutes. Taxi times can be a bit longish since the airport is so huge but at least delays are fairly rare (though God help you if you get caught here during one of our rare winter storms - you're not going anywhere anytime soon as the whole metro area shuts down). I've never had to connect through DFW but I could see how the aiports massive size could cause problems for connections; then again things are supposedly much better with the new inter-terminal train system.

Dallas Fort-Worth Airport customer review

I fail to see why everyone is commenting on the bad plans of the layout at DFW. I wonder if they have ever visited other airports like Atlanta Hartsfield. DFW is brilliant in the fact that they have security entrances at every terminal along with a baggage claim for each terminal. Layovers aren't bad either. If you can read you can navigate through DFW. As for the individual who associated DFW as bad because American Airlines was there and they change gates all the time I challenge you to find me an airport where gate changes don't happen.

Dallas Fort-Worth Airport customer review

The problems connecting at DFW are gone with the addition of Skylink. There are 2 stations at the N & S ends of each terminals (all inside security). The new international terminal is the premiere international terminal. The maximum ride time is 10 min (furthest distance) and the wait for a train is around 2 min. Most passengers can get to another terminal if needed in a maximum time of around 15 min. Most airlines allow at least an hour to connect. Anyone with common sense would read the signs and ride Skylink to their next terminal if needed. With the addition of Skylink you will not find a better airport to begin end or connect to your final destination. DFW is far better than ATL (talk about long walks and the old underground train doesnt offer the view skylink does of Dallas & Fort Worth. DFW has positioned itself for the spike in air travel before all other major airports. Look for it to be well positioned for future passenger growth.