Dallas Fort-Worth Airport

"the most unfriendly group of agents"

Not Verified | I wanted to relay my experience with the Dallas-Fort Worth airport, especially as it pertains to the TSA. I’ve been all over the place and seen a lot of rude TSA individuals, however this bunch really have it down to a science. They were absolutely the most unfriendly group of agents that I’ve ever seen. This must be where TSA sends the most crotchety agents to retire. “Get your tickets out, we’re not standing here making you sandwiches!”, exclaimed the TSA jerk in the middle of the line. The only individual not barking orders was the drug sniffing dog. Truly a horrible representation of the airport and the US. I will never go through Dallas-Fort Worth again. They need to fix that bunch.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"signs are horribly inaccurate"

Not Verified | The signs are horribly inaccurate and don’t represent actual roads. I went to parking for Terminal E for gate 13 and it shows 4 roads, with the left lane-splitting into parking with a big P for gates 1-10 and 11-38. There are 3 roads. So I took the left lane that splits off into two roads and stayed on the right. Nope, apparently you take the middle lane and just stay there. Makes zero sense. Whoever mapped out these signs has a horrible sense of understanding what a person who is driving for the first time will choose when the sign shows essentially 4 paths but there are only 3, and the left lane states parking but you have to go in the middle lane.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"the furthest thing from helpful"

Not Verified | Customer service was about the furthest thing from helpful. I needed help to make my connecting flight after some delays in my flight, but they didn’t even try to think of a way they could help me.
Date VisitNovember 2019

"worst terminal connecting buses"

Not Verified | By far the worst terminal connecting buses ever!! I waited 45 mins for 1 bus to show for term A. When he arrived he said he has just started, but every other terminal bus came by, 1 even twice before this guy shows up. All the other drivers were trying to call him he wouldn’t even answer! Horrible customer service
Date VisitNovember 2019

"currently on 45 minutes waiting for my bag"

Not Verified | I travel 100%, each week, no exceptions, worldwide. The baggage handling process at DFW is by far, the worst I’ve experienced, slow, priority bags processed like all others, inaccurate scanning, etc. Here’s the problem, there is nothing you can do about it! Thanks for listening (as I am currently on 45 minutes waiting for my bag).
Date VisitNovember 2019

"baggage delivery is the worst"

Trip Verified | I've flown all over the world and baggage delivery from flights at DFW is the worst. When you ask, you are told it could take an hour. This is what happens when unions run things.

"it utterly failed"

Trip Verified | This was my first experience with this airport. For a first impression, it utterly failed. It needs better signage. That would have completely altered this entire experience for the better. I tried parking in remote parking. I got turned around, twice, and was lucky it was not more. Remote parking is remote. Not quite Timbuktu, but by the time you figure out the signs, it feels similar. I ended up parking in the south remote parking. When I took the exit, there was a T in the road, and there was a sign that said this road this way, that road that way, and absolutely nothing about where I might find remote parking. Seriously. Nothing. I turned the wrong way, because I am an idiot sometimes, and Murphy has a law. Then the shuttle dropped me off at an elevator for E33 instead of E12. There was no signage for E12 anywhere. He said to go up the elevator and down the hall because he doesn’t stop down there. So I ran half a mile after the kiosk didn’t work (add on to all this I was later than planned, so couldn’t check-in at the kiosk to print my pass), and kept having to ask where it was I was going, as there were still no signs. I got my boarding pass and tried to find the right security. Those also are not signed. They make their employees answer the same questions all day every day from clueless people like me. I felt horrible. Angry (at myself and them). Frustrated. So frustrated. Stupid. Because DFW failed to properly communicate. They made it so difficult to have a smooth, calming experience. As a result, it shall take me a considerable amount of time to get this taste out of my mouth. Perhaps it will leave when they improve the usability of their signage. It would be such a simple fix! Until then, I shall try to find some redeeming quality. My fellow passengers seem nice. The sun is rising now, which looks quite beautiful. The temperature in here also seems decent. And there’s a pretty piece of bubble-like artwork at my gate that does a nice job of catching the eye.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"take lessons from functional airports"

Trip Verified | It’s my 3rd airport today and I wish Texas could take lessons from functional airports. Having to go completely out of the secure area to go back through sub-par security to catch a connection is bad. It’s the only airport that doesn’t allow water - most airports do a water check. Also where it eventually brings you up to enter they closed that station so we had to walk even further. After 3 flights in 12 hours it was aggravating. After using free WiFi today out of the country - I tried here to answer the survey. No go. Couldn’t connect obviously strings attached for free. It should be simple so foreigners can connect without needing to read in English.
Date VisitOctober 2019

"a great place to arrive and depart from"

Trip Verified | There are so many negative reviews abut DFW that I wonder whether I'm at the same airport as some of those reviewers. It may be the other terminals are more perfunctory than Terminal D, international. In many trips through DFW I have not encountered a problem save the occasional wait at TSA security. Arrivals are a walk in the park. Like all security the world around, it becomes easy if you simply take your time, remove everything and just do what you are expected to do. No shouting or anger on either side. The food outlets in D are great although I have lounge access and so generally eat there. One thing missing is a good bookshop but that is being renovated and should be around soon. Compared to LAX and JFK, DFW is a paradise and in my view comparable to places like Changi and Hong Kong but without the crowds. What could be improved: DFW operator, please please put in a decent coffee shop so we don't have to put up with the brown stuff that masquerades as coffee. Otherwise a great place to arrive and depart from.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"a courteous manner costs nothing"

Trip Verified | I recently experienced one of the most aggressive and rude security experiences in all of my visits to the USA. I beeped coming through security and she yelled step out I didn’t understand so she got very loud and then yelled at my 14yr old who she had told to come through! I spoke to a supervisor but he also looked terrified of her. Such a shame when I had such a great impression of Dallas and Texans to have left under such a cloud. I fully understand that you are trying to keep people safe but a courteous manner costs nothing - not good to encourage visitors to Dallas area! So disappointing.
Date VisitJuly 2019