Dallas Fort-Worth Airport

Dallas Fort-Worth Airport customer review

Arrived from Los Cabo to DFW and had a 2 hour lay-over before my American Airlines Connection to New York LGA. First of all we were greeted by a long winding line at the immigration counter where there were just 6 officers! The lines moved slowly and painfully. I tried to persuade security officers to let me go ahead in the line but was met with a firm "There are plenty of flights to New York it is ok to miss this one! You are ok!" I have been to several immigration counters - DFW was the worst! After 90 minutes to finally clear immigration and another 10 minutes to clear customs we rushed to the AA boarding gate. Before we could get anywhere close to our gate we had to go through a security and body scan. Another painful 55 minutes followed. I could see many other passengers frantic and anxious in the line. I would make it at least 15 passengers within earshot in the line who had already missed their connections.

Dallas Fort-Worth Airport customer review

This was a great airport from an Australian perspective. Everything was clean and the mono rail was fantastic. There was plenty of shopping and food outlets. The main newer terminal is fantastic.

Dallas Fort-Worth Airport customer review

If it was possible to give negative points for this airport I would do it. I arrived from Cancun on Tuesday April 24th with a 3.5 hour layover until my connecting flight. I thought I had plenty of time to make that flight until I had to wait over 2 hours in the immigration line another 30 minutes in customs line and 45 minutes in security line - not to mention the 10 minutes it took to get from Terminal D to Terminal C on the tram. There were approximately 1000 people in the immigration line (that's just US citizen/residents line) and a grand total of 4 people working the immigration booths as well as only 1 security line. Government inefficiency at its best. Suffice it to say I will never fly through DFW again.

Dallas Fort-Worth Airport customer review

I have never dealt with the kind of ridiculous delays that I experienced at DFW last Wednesday April 11. I arrived from Guadalajara at 10 am. I got to the customs/immigration line a few minutes later and waited 90 minutes to get through customs. After that I waited another 15 minutes to hand in my card to another customs official. In all it took me 2 hours to go from one gate in Terminal D to another gate about 50 yards away.

Dallas Fort-Worth Airport customer review

Very impressed with this airport. Connections are made extremely easy by the sky link tram system which connects all terminals and runs every 3 mins or so. Since DFW has seven runways there were no delays due to runway congestion. My only complaint was the lack of aesthetic appeal in A/C terminals. Terminal D on the other hand was very nice.

Dallas Fort-Worth Airport customer review

The terminal design is such that you can pass from gate to kerb in under 5 minutes upon arrival and security queues tend to be short and manageable upon departure. American dominates the airport and takes up 4 terminals - if you're making a connection between A/C and B/D (on opposite sides of the central highway) it can take a while because the SkyTrain is slow and makes many stops. Terminal D was recently renovated and is quite smart but A B and C are older and could use a refurb. Dining options are outstanding in D but mediocre in A B and C. For whatever reason the airport operators crank up the aircon at all hours and the terminals feel unnecessarily cold. The rental car facility is about 2.5 miles off site but shuttles are frequent.

(Taiwan)

While it cannot compare to most foreign hubs DFW is a functional airport by American standards. Amenities are on par with other large US hubs but security checks rarely take more than 15 mins of queuing. Customs/Immigration is probably the fastest I have experienced in the US and although int'l transfer passengers must exit the secure area and undergo an additional security check this is not really different from any other US airport. Gate-to-gate transfers can be quite a trek given the size of the airport but are quite simple if your gate is closer to a Skytrain entrance. The biggest gripe is the fact that the baggage system is slow and outdated. Unless you are flying into the newer terminal D expect to wait about 30 minutes before you will see your bag.

Dallas Fort-Worth Airport customer review

Of many airports I have slept in overnight due to cancelled flights or early morning flight DFW is the only one I know that passes out cots to passengers who are sleeping at the airport! They pass out blankets and cots. Around 1000pm various airport staff roam the airport with their electric carts passing out these cots and blankets to anyone who wants one. At Narita airport in Japan they actually gather passengers to a secured area of the airport check their papers and then turn off the lights. Although Narita airport doesn't pass out blankets and cots the area where they cordon off passengers have seats that you can stretch out on.

Dallas Fort-Worth Airport customer review

DFW is a very nice airport with great maintenance and cleanliness. The newer International D- Terminal is very nice and modern. Also the Skytrain is very convenient and useful.

Dallas Fort-Worth Airport customer review

Little short of a shambles recently. Took over 90 minutes to get a BA 747 through immigration which meant that getting a connecting flight was touch and go. What made it a lot worse was that connecting passengers do not stay in a secure area but have to go through security again. On top of this the air con was so poor that the terminals were unpleasantly warm.