Brisbane Airport

"hasn’t been cleaned at all"

Trip Verified | This is my first visit to this airport transit to Newcastle with both of my grandsons from Western Australia. We were at the charging station to charge our phones. Unfortunately none of the power points working. To top it off, the charging stations tables are filthy and appear hasn’t been cleaned at all. I have to use my hand sanitizer and tissues to clean the tables and the tissues colour turned out dark brown to black colour. Cleanliness should be the priority especially at any airport with the Covid-19 issues. We should learn from Countries like Singapore Airports. I hope my next visit to Brisbane Airport has a better outcome.
Date VisitJanuary 2023

"a very poor introduction to Brisbane"

Trip Verified | My first time arriving at Brisbane International terminal was 20 Nov 2022. I have normally come through the domestic. There was a free short term parking area for pick ups a couple of years ago. My daughter had to pay $21 for one hour in a waiting area! The last three airports I visited in California last month all had free parking areas to wait for incoming flights. I headed out the front terminal doors and was told the pick up area was for taxis only! The personal pick up area was up another walkway and quite a walk from the terminal. It was much worse than the airport I left from in California with a local population of under 100,000! It was like a third world pick up area and a very poor introduction to Brisbane for overseas visitors who have friends pick them up.
Date VisitNovember 2022

"Brisbane Airport is a disgrace"

Trip Verified | At 8pm there is no where to get food except for a few potato chips and lollies. There is no where near enough seats at the boarding gates! You can not find anywhere to charge your phone and this is a airport in a capital city! On the other hand Cairns airport in a small country city has about 4 times as many seats at the gates. Many food options that are open early and late. Plus lots of USB charge ports and power points. Brisbane Airport is a disgrace!
Date VisitOctober 2022

"thick dust sitting on the top of the wall "

Trip Verified | Sitting now in the Airside domestic departures lounge near the Merlo Espresso kiosk and looking above it. The high walls around the air vents are filthy and there’s thick dust sitting on the top of the wall mounted speaker. Just hope none of it drops on the food or drinks!
Date VisitSeptember 2022

"Brisbane international is a disgrace"

Not Verified | Dropped off my daughter today around lunch time. We were going to have some sushi for lunch. Not only was it closed at least half the eateries were shut. No matter, let's go find you something to read on the plane, noP. Looks like even the book shop was closed permanently. As an international airport, it's a disgrace. Kind of ironic as my daughter is going to London via Changi. From possibly the worst international airport in the world to the best. Brisbane international is a disgrace.
Date VisitSeptember 2022

"a disgrace to the city I live in!"

Not Verified | Brisbane International Arrivals is a disgrace to the city I live in! I’ve just returned from travelling abroad where every other country I’ve been to (even the much poorer ones) has a better, nicer, friendlier, more helpful, cleaner, better set out arrivals platform than my own city! I’ve seen better looking stockyards. This is the best first impressions you can do for people around the world Brisbane! The staff consistently act like they are herding cattle, are rude, look depressed, and obviously hate it too.
Date VisitJuly 2022

"A real disappointment"

Not Verified | Was at the Brisbane international airport on the 27 April at around 11.50 am. Almost all restaurants bar and the food court was closed. Only one café was open which was totally overpriced. The airport itself is clean and nice but the service is terrible. A real disappointment.
Date VisitApril 2022

"The go around avenue is closed"

Not Verified | I don't have a ticket, I was picking up someone. The go around avenue is closed. There is a roadblock there. It wasn't very busy, but we didn't see our pickup, so we went to go around. You can't, you just get sent back out onto the major thoroughfare. There are no u-turn signs the entire way so they are aware of the problem. We will be back, when it is busy and will just double park wherever we like. We won't be attempting to come back around until that is made possible again.
Date VisitApril 2021

"Its ugly, inefficient and slow"

Not Verified | My least favourite international airport. Its ugly, inefficient and slow. At every other international Airport one can clear immigration and customs within an hour, Brisbane averages 2 hours every time. The staff are often rude and condescending. I'm an Australian and I hate to think our first impression to other nationalities. No kids play area. No kids facilities in bathrooms like lower sinks. Shops are terribly dull unless you want to buy ugg boots and postcards. Sadly unavoidable as I'm a keen shopper but literally the thought of Brisbane Airport fills me with dread.
Date VisitAugust 2019

"Inept security"

Not Verified | Inept security. Having travelled through 55 countries Brisbane airport is the only one to continue to try and bully me into disconnecting from my medical device. I know my rights and stand my ground. After 20 minutes this time they relented and did the standard pat down which is standard procedure. They are risking people's lives by not knowing or simply not caring to follow procedure
Date VisitJanuary 2020