WestJet Airlines

WestJet Airlines customer review

Trip was fine. Flights both ways were on time or reasonably close to on time. Only thing to note is that a small roll on bag will not fit under the seat in front of your if you are seated on the aisle. That space is very small and will fit only a large purse or very small carryon bag. Middle seats and window seats seemed to have enough room under the seat ahead for a reasonable sized carryon. If you don't board the flight early you miss out on finding space in the overhead bins and even one flight when I boarded right after pre-boards people in the row behind mine had crammed everything into the overhead bins leaving no room for others around them. So be warned about this. The four flights I took from Ottawa to Toronto and then to Tampa and back were fine. The crew were very pleasant and the ground staff in all airports were equally pleasant. No complaints here. Seat space did not seem any roomier than other airlines I have travelled on and food like other airlines must be bought by credit card. It would be nice to see a small sandwich offered free of charge like in the "good old days" not that long ago. I'm sure it would not cost them that much. I would definitely book on West Jet again if only for the friendly faced staff who did appear to enjoy their jobs.

WestJet Airlines customer review

I am completely appalled at the way my last trip with WestJet to Las Vegas ex Calgary went. My flight ex Calgary was delayed 1 hr due to mechanical problems which caused me to miss my planned events. Our return flight on 25th Nov was again delayed 9 hrs due to a mechanical problem - which again caused me to miss planned events in Calgary These delays were totally unacceptable and a $10 voucher seems rather small. I will be travelling again in the new year in the USA and I doubt I can trust the condition of the WestJet aircraft.

WestJet Airlines customer review

Flight from Varadero to Victoria on November 17th. I thought Air Canada was bad so I switched to WestJet. As bad as Air Canada is it was a mistake going with WestJet. Guess I go back to Air Canada. We need some better choices here. WestJet is probably the worst airline I have flown with. European South American and Caribbean based airlines have provided much better service than these two Canadian airlines.

WestJet Airlines customer review

On the 6th of November I flew from Vancouver to Maui and I must say that WestJet really lost their edge towards Air Canada in the past few years. Considering the flight was for six hours and in the middle of the day (10.30-4 Pacific time) I was expecting some sort of meal and drinks. However the drink cart only came around once and there was no food served whatsoever (excluding a single bag of pretzels). As well they had absolutely no inflight entertainment of which they are famous for. Overall the only thing that was even decent was the low price I got for the flight but I see why it was so low now.

WestJet Airlines customer review

We were delayed in Ft Mcmurray because of fog. Everyone on the crew and the captain went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable. The ground crew even brought us pizza the service was above and beyond anything I expected. I missed my connecting flight and Westjet got me the next available seat on the next plane which was upgraded and a food coupon as well. WestJet is the only airline I will fly with.

WestJet Airlines customer review

Return flight from Chicago to Victoria BC (via Calgary) was late leaving. We were very concerned about making our connection. When we asked the flight attendants for information we were told they had "no idea" Turned out the flight from Calgary was also late but no one bothered to tell us that. Very poor communication. WestJet has gone downhill. Maybe they could all chip in and buy a clock so every now and then they could leave on time. I only fly with them if no other option or if it's an amazing deal.

WestJet Airlines customer review

I flew from Quebec city to Toronto. I enjoyed this flight. The crew were friendly and polite and even if there was only 1 hour of flight we had a personal screen per person. Moreover it was much cheaper than with Air Canada for the same journey. I will travel again with Westjet.

WestJet Airlines customer review

Not going to he a Westjet user in the future. Overpriced with fees. Paid for seat selection then end up paying double the fees on return flight home. Didn't have time to argue over fees. Its ridiculous that I get charged for seats that the rep gave me yet my friends paid 0 to pick their own seats. Westjet doesn't care and offers me back nothing. After paying for seats and $1600 for 2 people to fly. What a rip off.

WestJet Airlines customer review

We flew to Newark N.J. from YYC on October 6 2013 we then flew from LaGuardia LGA to Toronto on October 11 2013 then back to YYC on October 13 2013 from YKF. WestJet the "darling" of Canadian airlines. All 2 of them. The last time I flew WestJet and left the gate on time was 5 years ago. Seems like they have hired a lot of former Air Canada flight attendants. WestJet now offers premium seats at an extra $400 pp for a round trip. Does WestJet wonder why these seats are mostly empty? This airline is just dropping the ball all over the place in my opinion. But hey they are one of 2 so I guess they realize they can just lower the standards now and the consumer still only has 1 other choice.

WestJet Airlines customer review

YYC-LAS WS 1624 then continued on to Phoenix with US airways. Flight was smooth and staff service was very good. Check-in in Calgary was quick and easy. Love the westjet seats as well. Would use again.