WestJet Airlines

WestJet Airlines customer review

We were supposed to fly YYZ to LGA on Dec 22 2013 (WS 2010). We checked flight status before we left home - "on time". When we got to the gate it said delayed by 45 min. Then they said it's now cancelled. Called their 800 # and re-booked us on the 8.30pm flight - not too bad. We had to go down to arrivals to wait 40 minutes to retrieve the luggage we checked in. We went back up to departure went through immigration and security again but when we got to the gate for the 8.30pm flight it said cancelled again. Fed up we asked for a refund so we can try another airline. Air Canada and American were flying to LGA. But WestJet would only offer "credit" for future bookings.
Seat Comfort N/A

WestJet Airlines customer review

A five hour flight to Cancun from Calgary passed by quickly. There were 4 channels of fairly new movies to choose from. A beverage and either pretzels or cookies were offered twice as well as a water "run". Staff was helpful and friendly. A very efficient check in at Calgary especially if you've printed off your boarding passes at home. Our luggage arrived always a good thing. Lots of families flying on this plane but no crying babies. It was still fairly expensive to fly. We booked in June and pre-booked ($) our seats.

WestJet Airlines customer review

I had a flight out of Edmonton connecting in Vancouver for an onward flight to Mexico. My flight was to leave at 8.40am. I arrived at 7.55am. I proceeded to a Self Serve computer that wasn't working. I then went right up to the check-in counter I was told that she would not check me in because I had missed their cut-off time of 45 minutes. There was not queue at security and it would be no problem in getting to the gate. I could have got to the gate in less then 10 minutes. The CSA was very rude and condescending she lectured me and did not provide any quality customer service. As a result I was not able to go to Cabo and had to re-book for another day. This was all because WJ would not step up and provide some great customer service. I could understand if it was a very busy time when the airport is packed and their is huge line-ups everywhere. The airport was very slow. This was the worst customer service I have ever experienced from a major company.
Seat Comfort N/A

WestJet Airlines customer review

Recently flew from Saskatoon to Cancun. Departing Saskatoon we were boarded on time and then proceeded to sit in the aircraft at the gate for at least 60 mins. This was apparently due to freezing rain which had been falling from the sky 2 hours before when I walked into the airport. Why board us? Would be much more comfortable sitting in the airport. On the way home after boarding in Cancun we once again sat in the aircraft on the ramp for 60 mins. We were told it was due to the Mexican ramp hands having some confusion with the luggage. On arrival in Saskatoon we were to find out that they had off loaded bags in Cancun due to a weight and balance issue. Why couldn't the captain have been honest rather than blaming the Mexican ramp hands? The person I was travelling with was unlucky enough to have his luggage not arrive. He was told it would arrive the next morning. He has yet to receive it and we have been home for almost 72 hours. When we were checking in at the airport in Cancun a group of people approached the counter next to us asking to get on our direct flight rather than the one they were scheduled to be on. None of these people were standing at the baggage claim in Saskatoon wondering where their luggage was. This does not make sense to me. Their luggage should have been off loaded. I can only assume that the plane became overweight with the last minute passengers and their luggage. Also have to say that the food available on board is appalling. I am a vegetarian and can choose from a variety of junk food options. There is no veggie sandwich available. I asked for crackers and hummus and was told it was not available so then asked for the cheese plate and received the same answer. We sat on that aircraft for seven hours on the way home how can you expect someone not to eat for seven hours? I used to think that Westjet was the only option when choosing an airline. Not anymore. Thankfully a person has options these days.

WestJet Airlines customer review

Trip was fine. Flights both ways were on time or reasonably close to on time. Only thing to note is that a small roll on bag will not fit under the seat in front of your if you are seated on the aisle. That space is very small and will fit only a large purse or very small carryon bag. Middle seats and window seats seemed to have enough room under the seat ahead for a reasonable sized carryon. If you don't board the flight early you miss out on finding space in the overhead bins and even one flight when I boarded right after pre-boards people in the row behind mine had crammed everything into the overhead bins leaving no room for others around them. So be warned about this. The four flights I took from Ottawa to Toronto and then to Tampa and back were fine. The crew were very pleasant and the ground staff in all airports were equally pleasant. No complaints here. Seat space did not seem any roomier than other airlines I have travelled on and food like other airlines must be bought by credit card. It would be nice to see a small sandwich offered free of charge like in the "good old days" not that long ago. I'm sure it would not cost them that much. I would definitely book on West Jet again if only for the friendly faced staff who did appear to enjoy their jobs.

WestJet Airlines customer review

Flight from Varadero to Victoria on November 17th. I thought Air Canada was bad so I switched to WestJet. As bad as Air Canada is it was a mistake going with WestJet. Guess I go back to Air Canada. We need some better choices here. WestJet is probably the worst airline I have flown with. European South American and Caribbean based airlines have provided much better service than these two Canadian airlines.

WestJet Airlines customer review

I am completely appalled at the way my last trip with WestJet to Las Vegas ex Calgary went. My flight ex Calgary was delayed 1 hr due to mechanical problems which caused me to miss my planned events. Our return flight on 25th Nov was again delayed 9 hrs due to a mechanical problem - which again caused me to miss planned events in Calgary These delays were totally unacceptable and a $10 voucher seems rather small. I will be travelling again in the new year in the USA and I doubt I can trust the condition of the WestJet aircraft.

WestJet Airlines customer review

On the 6th of November I flew from Vancouver to Maui and I must say that WestJet really lost their edge towards Air Canada in the past few years. Considering the flight was for six hours and in the middle of the day (10.30-4 Pacific time) I was expecting some sort of meal and drinks. However the drink cart only came around once and there was no food served whatsoever (excluding a single bag of pretzels). As well they had absolutely no inflight entertainment of which they are famous for. Overall the only thing that was even decent was the low price I got for the flight but I see why it was so low now.

WestJet Airlines customer review

We were delayed in Ft Mcmurray because of fog. Everyone on the crew and the captain went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable. The ground crew even brought us pizza the service was above and beyond anything I expected. I missed my connecting flight and Westjet got me the next available seat on the next plane which was upgraded and a food coupon as well. WestJet is the only airline I will fly with.

WestJet Airlines customer review

Return flight from Chicago to Victoria BC (via Calgary) was late leaving. We were very concerned about making our connection. When we asked the flight attendants for information we were told they had "no idea" Turned out the flight from Calgary was also late but no one bothered to tell us that. Very poor communication. WestJet has gone downhill. Maybe they could all chip in and buy a clock so every now and then they could leave on time. I only fly with them if no other option or if it's an amazing deal.