WestJet Airlines

"Awful customer service"

Trip Verified | Awful customer service. Very rude. Lied to 3 times about 1 flight then they argue that they didn’t lie. If you tell me I’m getting on a flight then I don’t get on a flight, that’s a lie. Inept and rude customer service. It’s like they all just want to pass the problem on to the next employee.
RouteCalgary to Victoria
Date FlownDecember 2022

"experienced delays on both ends"

Trip Verified | My wife and I recently travelled from Kelowna to Las Vegas through Calgary. We had experienced delays on both ends of the trip. Our way to Las Vegas we were delayed going to Calgary 3 hrs and barley made the connection. We were delayed an additional 4 hours on our connection from Calgary to Kelowna on the way home. Just an excuse from the airline, waiting on crew, waiting on ground crew, I get weather delays but when other aircraft are flying what is the excuse?? This is a Canadian airline and should be ready to fly in the winter.
RouteCalgary to Kelowna
Date FlownDecember 2022

"the excuses were endless"

vLast time I flew WestJet my flight was delayed by 3 hours and the excuses were endless. This time I flew WestJet my flight departure was delayed by 2 hours and when we landed my bag was delayed another 2 hours. This is completely unacceptable. I could have driven to Calgary from Saskatoon in the time that was wasted with this inept airline. How does WestJet compensate their customers for the inconvenience? They don't. In fact, they just repeat the same nonsense over and over again and expect that hard working Canadians will just keep climbing aboard. No more for me. The odd delay is completely understandable but ongoing delays and repeated cancelled flights is laughable. I am donating my WestJet Dollars to charity and remembering the good old days when WestJet was competent under Mr. Beddoe and company. I guess I can't complain about the service when there isn't any.
RouteSaskatoon to Calgary
Date FlownNovember 2022

"Rip off. Never with you again WestJet!"

Trip Verified | We went to Portland in November with our carry on bags and personal items with no problem, although the plane was to the full capacity. On the way back from Portland to Toronto (on November 28, flight 3627), however, as we were getting our boarding pass. The WestJet staff warned us that her "mean supervisor is in today!" (That's how she put it) and she is going to ask everyone to put their carry on bags into the sizing device that's in front of the gate and if the bags don't fit, you have to check them in. So we got to the gate and the supervisor and another staff asked us to size our bags. So we did, two of our bags went inside the device with no problem, as my husband tried to put the third one she yelled "don't push, it should slide down with out any force." I told her that we came with the same carry on bags and we had no problem with our bags! The other staff looked down and said quietly I'm really sorry! I said it's ok we can check them in, as I have heard you guys announcing because the plane is full you are asking volunteers to check in their carry-ons. She said "you have to pay 63 American dollars!" As your carry-ons are over sized. We did. We came inside the plane and right before take off I took a picture of the over head department after they shut down the doors for take off! I attached the picture so everyone can see how many empty spots were available! Rip off. Never with you again WestJet!
RoutePortland to Calgary via Toronto
Date FlownNovember 2022

"no departure in sight yet!"

Trip Verified | First the booked us on a flight from Kelowna to LA via Calgary transfer, we were in the air when they realized they would be able to transfer the luggage so they rebooked us to fly to LA the next day without informing us! My sister is a paraplegic so travel is difficult for her and we were flying to medical treatments. They said they would hold the plane 15 minutes - so we arrive the next morning to catch our flight but we are sitting at the gate waiting for a delayed flight this morning to arrive- it’s 15 minutes past the time we were suppose to leave now and no departure in sight yet! Wow they wouldn’t hold it yesterday but today is ok! This is ridiculous!
RouteCalgary to Los Angeles
Date FlownNovember 2022

"Was not a good experience"

Not Verified | My luggage was 2.6 kg over weight. They charged me $104.00 on top of the $40.00 I had already paid to check it in. The suitcase was brand new, when we picked it off the carousel the wheel was rammed up into the suitcase. They also went through my luggage and left a note saying they did, which is fine, advised they took my lighter. There was no lighter in there! Somewhere along the way, my hairspray totally emptied all over my clothes. I find it is costing more to fly with them, the staff are getting ruder. Was not a good experience.
RouteCalgary to Las Vegas
Date FlownOctober 2022

"lost my luggage for the second time"

Trip Verified | WestJet lost my luggage for the second time. Customer service ineffective and website worse than useless. For the second time in under a month WestJet have lost my baggage on the Calgary to Vancouver Island leg of my journey.
AircraftBoeing 787-9 / Q400
RouteLondon to Nanaimo via Calgary
Date FlownNovember 2022

"show my appreciation for the wonderful service"

Not Verified | When getting off my Uber at the terminal in Toronto at 6.00 am I forgot my telephone in the car. It is also a wallet. All my credit cards & other items were in it. Donna was assisting passengers with their luggage at that time. I informed her of the situation and she immediately responded & called my phone. The Uber driver found it and brought it back. Donna was very kind, courteous & helpful in recovering my phone. Under present circumstances people do not share their phones due to covid. I would like to show my appreciation for the wonderful service Donna provided.
RouteToronto to Nassau
Date FlownNovember 2022

"Thank you for your excellent service"

Not Verified | Because of medical reasons, we had to cancel our flight on November 12/22 @ 5:00 AM. The agents name we talked to was Jodi. Jodi was exceptional in completing our cancellation, She worked over two hours to complete the process, checking in with us every 15 minutes to give us updates. She was very courteous, sympathetic and knowledgeable. Thank you for your excellent service.
AircraftDash 8
RouteGrande Prairie to Calgary
Date FlownNovember 2022

"obviously don't care about their customers"

Not Verified | This should be a short, easy flight. But WestJet made it as difficult as humanly possible, and then damaged my luggage somehow. No need to worry about me every using west jet again. I should have driven, it would have been a calm and pleasant 10 hour drive, instead of that horrible mess. They should sell their planes, and close the doors permanently, since they obviously don't care at all about their customers.
RoutePrince George to Vancouver