WestJet Airlines

"never receive my business again"

Trip Verified | Dallas to Vancouver via Los Angeles. Westjet will never receive my business again. I have received refunds due to COVID 19 from the hotel and cruise line we booked our family vacation with, but Westjet stated that our tickets are nonrefundable and that they will only give us credit towards another international flight within the next two years. Although Vancouver airport is receiving passengers, you must be quarantined in your room for two weeks and no one wants to spend their whole vacation in a hotel room. Westjet and travel agencies have figured out a way to make money off the COVID 19 epidemic legally and it is by ripping off hard-working people with legal loopholes.
RouteDallas to Vancouver via Los Angeles
Date FlownJanuary 2020

"barriers put up to providing refunds"

Trip Verified | So much ill will generated with the artificial barriers put up to providing refunds - they are even holding on to the air taxes. My family and I received COVID-19 refunds from hotels, car rental, car insurance, Air Canada, Qantas, and ski passes. The only one holding out is WestJet. Hours spent holding for customer services, only to be lied to.
RouteGatwick to Calgary
Date FlownApril 2020

"look forward to travelling again"

Not Verified | There was a problem where the crew did not show up to take our flight. After a bit of chaos, dealing with WestJet at the airport we finally got onto a different flight out of Regina. Our trip turned out great, I am thankful to have booked Premium, because the airplanes were packed, and Coronavirus was just becoming an issue. I look forward to travelling again, but I hope the airplanes are not as crammed with people, and sanitation is improved.
RouteRegina to Los Angeles via Edmonton
Date FlownMarch 2020

"airline has done nothing positive"

Trip Verified | This airline has done nothing positive in the covid related flights that were canceled. I have spoken to many people online and on the phone. Their online chat told me first I was to be issued a travel bank, then told me right after I was not, then told me I was then right after told me to contact the original form of booking and that she didn’t know. I spent $2000 and now it’s nowhere to be found. They cancelled my trip I did not.
Date FlownJune 2019

"they only offer vouchers"

Trip Verified | Very disappointed in this airline. We booked flights for a trip to France 3 months prior to the Covid-19 pandemic. Our flights to France were cancelled by the other airlines. Norwegian refunded our money immediately, but WestJet refuses to do so. For some reason they only offer vouchers for future flights. However, the flights were $1300 and we are strapped for cash at this time. This is utterly unacceptable.
RouteParis to Calgary
Date FlownNovember 2019

"they charge $35 handling fee"

Not Verified | Ottawa to Edmonton with WestJet Airlines. What a company. In times of need, they are unreachable! Trying to cancel a round trip not only do they offer only a credit instead of full refund, they charge $35 handling fee per flight? What handling fee if I have to do it all myself on the website? What a rip off! I was never fond of this airline, and this situation just confirmed that!
RouteOttawa to Edmonton
Date FlownMay 2020

"They only offer vouchers with them"

Trip Verified | Disappointing service for a cause totally out of our hands. We booked flights for our family for a trip to Canada 6 months prior to Covdi-19 appearing. Our flights have since been cancelled by the airlines. Delta refunded our money immediately. WestJet refuses to do this. They only offer vouchers with them for future flights. We live in Georgia so this is of little value. Terrible customer service for something beyond our control. If they handle this situation in this manner, beware of flying them. This shows their level of customer care.
RouteVancouver to Atlanta via Toronto

"can't get a refund"

(Dominican Republic)

Trip Verified | Montreal to Puerto Plate via Toronto. The airline cancelled my trip the very next day I booked it to postpone it from May till June. Now, they postponed it till July. The worst part is that you can't get a refund so we can look into other airlines. Totally unacceptable.
RouteMontreal to Puerto Plata via Toronto
Date FlownMay 2020

"staff did such a good job"

Trip Verified | I cannot recommend WestJet enough during these current times. The staff did such a good job of making everyone feel safe but also at ease. Things could not have gone smoother and I just want to thank the staff for being so upbeat at a time when some people are very stressed out.
RouteNanaimo to Calgary

"absolved the airline"

Trip Verified | On 25 Feb 20 flight WS2580 from Toronto to Cancun was delayed in excess of 9 hours. I understand that occasionally stuff happens and things are delayed however, no mitigating measures were taken. Westjets dispute resolution people absolved the airline of any monetary restitution due to the delay. I find this to be very poor.
RouteFredericton to Cancun via Toronto