WestJet Airlines

"will never travel WestJet again"

Not Verified | I do not recommend. Horrible service all around. Especially the gate agents and flight attendants, they are extremely rude. They have zero problem solving skills and very poor communication. When you do call in, they place you on hold for hours only to hang up on you. Then when you finally get someone and you're now obviously frustrated, the phone agent is rude. It's like they received zero training on how to retain customers. This used to be our families airline of choice but we will never travel WestJet again.
RouteToronto to Montego Bay
Date FlownJune 2024

"So disappointed with this airline"

Trip Verified | So disappointed with this airline. I have been a WestJet member since the start, silver status a lot of the time but now will be canceling my card. Flew WestJet and pre booked and pre paid our seats which added an extra 260 on top of ticket price. On return trip home they changed planes, we had our seats prebooked row 4. We got row 31 (last seat of the plane). So nauseating and they had no intention of seating us together. Not only that but we applied for a downgrade refund and nothing, no response no nothing. They are like thieves and stole our money and not honored the pre purchase agreement. I applaud the employees for pushing back. They went from a 10 to 0 for us and I have no respect for them.
RouteToronto to Calgary
Date FlownJune 2024

"anxiety and rage is all I feel"

Trip Verified | All was fine until I tried to check my bag. Had some issues so I opened the app. The app in which h I had been refreshing for my 2hr drive to the airport. Only to see "Cancelled" updated a min ago. 15 min later get a text, wait 2 hrs for an email with more details on the changes for your flight. Called hubby who left thankfully didn't get too far to go back home. Called right away 3 hrs and 18 min on hold never talked to a single person, to then be "call avoided" hung up on. As of right now I still have not received that email. We tried calling right back after they hung up, and you couldn't even get to the queue. Flight back hasn't been canceled yet? Travelling with 2 kids by myself, we will not be doing this again. Having to wake up at 2am, to get to airport for 4 to give us enough time to check bag, I've never done that before, and to find where we need to go, grab some food and wait. No stress ... jokes on me, anxiety and rage is all I feel currently.
RouteToronto to Edmonton
Date FlownJuly 2024

"hatred for this horrid airline"

Not Verified | Congratulations Westjet, on your fall from grace. You’ve come a long way from those sappy Christmas commercials about reuniting family for the holidays and in the worst kind of way. You have successfully ruined my summer vacation / annual family reunion for the second consecutive year. You will not be provided with another opportunity to redeem yourselves. Instead of spending the July 1st holiday and the last day of our family reunion together, my wife and I have been on hold for over five hours trying to figure out how we are going to get to Toronto in order board a British Airways flight to Greece, for our 10th anniversary. A fun little update: at the six hour mark of waiting in hold, our call to Westjet customer service was disconnected and a call back is received by an automated message that Westjet is no longer taking incoming calls as the cue is overwhelmed. Looks like we now have to drive to the airport to hopefully salvage what remains of this “vacation.” I’m genuinely at a loss for words and left with nothing but hatred for this horrid airline.
RouteEdmonton to Halifax
Date FlownJune 2024

"mishandling of this strike"

Trip Verified | First and last time. I understand that employees are on strike. However their handling of it is horrible. They cancelled my flight out around midnight, thankfully, I was awake. I waited on the line 4 hours (they cancel it while their offices are closed so limited service) and put me on the planes I instructed them to. Myself. After researching it. thankfully, because the girl was telling me there were no flights? Now, on my way back. They cancelled my 2 transfers after check-in. Spent the 3 hours waiting to board on the phone without ever getting an answer .. the agent at the gate helped me and managed to snag me a flight with Air Canada (and so happy to be done with WestJet). They still transfered my checked bag to domestic, had to wait in line to ask for it and when I showed my frustration about their management, she blamed AMA's? They didn't know what flights they'd cancel less than 12 hrs before a flight? Cancellations done after check-in? Impossible to get someone on the phone? Transfering the luggage on non-existent flights? I am spending my day at the airport fixing their lack of management skills. I was just informed, after waiting for half an hour in line, that I'm getting my luggage In another half hour. The mishandling of this strike is terrible. However, generally, the service crews are great.
RouteMontreal to Honolulu via Calgary / Vancouver
Date FlownJune 2024

"no refund what so ever"

Not Verified | Called WestJet in advance to discuss the strike, was reassured the strike was not happening and we would be getting home. Was supposed to fly home yesterday, they canceled our flight with less then a days notice and so we had to find a new hotel to move everything too. They rescheduled my flight for today for 8pm, and guess what they just canceled that flight! So much for there loyalty, or compassion for their longtime customers. I am in desperate need to get home. We have now rented a car and are driving back to Canada. Westjest you don't care about you customers, you just dangle a carrot and hope people bite. I Paid for a flight for a specific day and now I have had to stay in Vegas for 2 extra days and now renting a car to get back to my family, with no refund what so ever.
RouteLas Vegas to Calgary
Date FlownJune 2024

"letting economy to use our washrooms"

Not Verified | My wife and I always fly premium and the last few trips we had the curtain was drawn to our premium seating and the flight attendants did announce that please use your designated cabin to use the washroom facilities. They are now letting economy to use our washrooms? That is why we pay the extra money to have this option. Our flight attendant told me who there is a line up to use the bathroom from economy to premium they then allow these people to use our facilities. I totally disagree we pay to have this privilege. Please stop this horrible decision to allow this and please use some common sense.
RouteCalgary to Kelowna
Date FlownJune 2024

"had to end up with a 6 hour layover"

Not Verified | Terrible airline, the fact that tickets are 800 when now they want you to pay separately for a carryon is ridiculous. My flight details were changed the day of my flight. The whole route was changed and I had to end up with a 6 hour layover instead of the 1.5 hour one I had selected. How does it make sense to pay the same amount of money for a 6 hour layover does not make any sense to me. If i wanted this terrible experience for myself I would have chosen a cheaper flight option.
RouteMinneapolis to Vancouver

“Wont be traveling with them again0

Not Verified | Highway robbery - had a medical emergency so flights were credited. Rebooked one way and had additional 1200USD in "reissue" fees. Wont be traveling with them again.
RouteVancouver to Jacksonville
Date FlownJune 2024

"Pleased and pleasantly surprised"

Trip Verified | Pleased and pleasantly surprised with this WestJet flight from Dublin to Halifax. Boarding was smooth, staff were friendly and the service was good (I wasn’t expecting anything for the very reasonable price paid for the ticket - so a complimentary meal service with drinks and another drink with a snack prior to landing was great). Good to see wrapped, laundered blankets on every seat, too. Well done WestJet.
RouteDublin to Halifax