WestJet Airlines

WestJet Airlines customer review

Had a wonderful experience on Westjet from Toronto to Orlando and then return home 5 days later. Staff were funny and very helpful. Online check-in made the wait at the airport only 5 minutes. On time both departing and arriving. Actually arrived 15 minutes early to Orlando which was a pleasant bonus. Only downside is that there was no entertainment system. Lots of kids on the plane with nothing to do which did make it a bit noisy. I hope the entertainment tablets are implemented soon. Part of the vacation is the flight so it is quite nice to relax and watch a movie.

WestJet Airlines customer review

I have traveled regularly over the last 20 years. Sadly WJ has completely lost their competitive edge and I now find AC's service plane departure promptness to be more consistent to my expectations. My Calgary to Winnipeg flight is never on time and when I have complained about this the service personnel acknowledge and blame head office while customer service is non responsive. Air Canada has won my business back!

WestJet Airlines customer review

Our second trip using WestJet Vancouver/Kahului Maui return. Check-in was very easy although we had to go to the ticket counter at YVR because the kiosk scanner couldn't read my passport but there was no lineup and we got through quickly. Staff were helpful and friendly. Flight left a few minutes early and we arrived OGG 1/2 hour earlier than scheduled. IFE is non existent about 1/2 hour out of YVR but we knew that from our previous flight and brought reading material. The only bad thing about the flight was the screaming baby directly across the aisle. FA's were all very friendly. Return trip from Kahului was just as good although the flight schedules during this 'non-peak' season aren't the greatest - it's an overnighter/red-eye from OGG to YVR. However the fares were really good and we had no complaints. WestJet has a generous baggage allowance and they provide water soft drinks tea coffee juice and small snack at no cost in-flight. Many airlines don't even supply free water. Other snacks and adult beverages can be bought on board but we packed our own food. Overall we had a very good experience with our recent WestJet flights and we would definitely use WestJet again for flights to Maui.

(Brazil)

YYC-YVR-YUL-YYZ. Exactly what I expected! A low fare carrier charging legacy carrier prices! The service is minimal staff almost have no interaction with passengers you do everything print your own boarding passes tag your bag yourself drop the bag yourself at the carousel! I felt I was flying on a ghost airline no one to assist or to give information. Sad to see everything more and more robotic. I booked Westjet because I wanted to try something different will not be flying them again.

WestJet Airlines customer review

We flew from Las Vegas to Vancouver on May 30 as part of a tour group. First (pleasant) surprise was to listen to the Chief Flight Attendant actually sing the pre-take off safety announcement. First (disappointing) surprise was that there was no in flight entertainment but was told that this was WestJet's newest plane and had not been installed yet. Seats were very comfortable and thought leg room for economy was very good. We flew from Vancouver to LAX on June 17 on another WestJet flight and again no in flight entertainment but no reason given this time. Punctuality on both flights was excellent.

WestJet Airlines customer review

I flew LAX-YYC in economy class. The check-in service was very good and the in-flight service was okay. The seat was very comfortable but the in-flight entertainment wasn't very good since you couldn't pick your own shows. Some of them didn't even work! But still overall it was pretty good and I will definitely fly WestJet again.

WestJet Airlines customer review

June 172013 flying from London Ont. to Vancouver connecting in Calgary with about 1.5 hour window of time. Flight to leave at 7am arrived early (5.30) to learn that the flight would be "about" an hour later departing as a crew member had phoned in sick! When arriving in Calgary we were allowed off the plane first as our connecting flight to Vancouver was waiting for us we were told to hurry no one directed us I asked where the gate was and was told. I'm 76 and walk slowly but I hurried as fast as I could. This meant no food as I'd planned to have lunch in Calgary. I think we should have been transported to the other gate. It was not a pleasant way to spend the day. I will still travel Westjet but found this experience disappointing.

WestJet Airlines customer review

YYC to PSP on May 28. I used to admire WestJet for their excellent service and reasonable fares. Not anymore. No IFE system on flight. Several excuses. New aircraft/problems with old system etc. Staff attitude mediocre at best. Website for making itinerary changes is confusing and as for phoning West Jet's call centre - forget it. WestJet persist in referring to their travelers as 'guests'. Until they do treat people as guests I wish they would simply refer to us as 'customers'. It's a pity to see such a decline.

WestJet Airlines customer review

Flew 16 June 2013 for the first time in a long time. Hamilton to Halifax. Check-in friendly boarding no problem in-flight service friendly and quick. Overall a good impression.

WestJet Airlines customer review

Recently YWG-MCO flight left on time crew unprofessional and constantly making jokes. Seating is cramped poor recline and IFE poor at best. Connecting through T3 in YYZ is a joke must collect bags and drag them through customs then to the transfer belt. Waited over an hour in MCO for luggage to arrive. Return flight was on time but no IFE claimed it was a new plane and wasn't installed yet. Buy on Board food horrible selection no sandwiches only junk food. Barely made connection in YYZ and arrived home to no bag. Bag was delivered next morning. Overall this airline has gone downhill will not fly again if I don't have too.